• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi-Stores Multiple Shops Support

hobbzilla

Hi

We also have tried everything. even installed a new store, so that there are all original fies and database.

Still cannot log in. If anyone has a fix for this problem, please let us know

thanks

Joe

i think everyone is looking for this answer right now

i think everyone is looking for this answer right now

for me the answer was to switch to file based sessions and do this:

If you are using file based sessions (selected during install), you will need to uncomment the define in admin/includes/application_top.php around line 69.

For those that are having the admin login issue with this contribution I have a fix.

The only file you need to edit is the application_top.php file. (admin/includes/application_top.php)

Look for this block of code on that page:

//rmh M-S_multi-stores
 require( DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/administrators.php' );
 RequireLoginValidForPage( $REQUEST_URI );

Replace that with this:

//rmh M-S_multi-stores
 require( DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/administrators.php' );
 $in_login = $_REQUEST[in_login];

if($in_login == 'yes'){
// do nothing, must show login page
 }
 else {
RequireLoginValidForPage($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);
 }

This will stop you from the endless loop and get you logged in.

Hello,

This looks the perfect contribution for me.

I have 3 identical shops but each shop has different product-pricing and I want to specify to which countries can be shipped from each of the 3 shops.

Actualy it would be nice when a customer based on his country of origin (or later based on shipping country) is automaticly transferred to the right shop.

Is this possible in OSC/M-s.

Thanks for your help!

I'm currently installing version 1.9 of this contribute and are having problems with this step:

Create additional stores in Admin
Login to the administration side of osCommerce.

Default username is: admin
Default password is: admin

Create store by clicking on "Store" link on left hand side. Click "Insert". 'Store Name' (e.g. My Second Store) & 'configuration table' (e.g. configuration_store2) are required fields. The store's image is used for the catalog logo & packing slip/invoices (if left blank, the osCommerce image will be the default). I highly suggest checking "Insert default configuration table". However, for heavily modified stores that have made a lot of updates to the configuration table, you may wish to perform one of the following: 

Update the admin/stores.php and add your other, previously installed contribution configuration table updates, into the INSERT section (you can't miss it -- lines 72-241). Make sure and do so PRIOR to selecting the option to "Insert default configuration" 
Using phpmyadmin or your SQL skills, copy your existing (!After you run the MS update.sql against it!) configuration table to a new table whose EXACT name you specified during the store creation in the admin panel (i.e. configuration_store2).If you opt for this option, you MUST change the "STORES_ID" configuration_title record for EACH copied configuration table. You will need to update the 'configuration_value' to the corresponding stores_id that was auto-incremented in the stores table when you created each store.

Every time I try to add another store into the list of stores I receive the following error "Error: You must enter Store Name & Configuration Table" even though I have added a store name and selected for the program to enter the default configuration table settings.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

I'm currently installing version 1.9 of this contribute and are having problems with this step:

Create additional stores in Admin
Login to the administration side of osCommerce.

Default username is: admin
Default password is: admin

Create store by clicking on "Store" link on left hand side. Click "Insert". 'Store Name' (e.g. My Second Store) & 'configuration table' (e.g. configuration_store2) are required fields. The store's image is used for the catalog logo & packing slip/invoices (if left blank, the osCommerce image will be the default). I highly suggest checking "Insert default configuration table". However, for heavily modified stores that have made a lot of updates to the configuration table, you may wish to perform one of the following: 
Update the admin/stores.php and add your other, previously installed contribution configuration table updates, into the INSERT section (you can't miss it -- lines 72-241). Make sure and do so PRIOR to selecting the option to "Insert default configuration" 
Using phpmyadmin or your SQL skills, copy your existing (!After you run the MS update.sql against it!) configuration table to a new table whose EXACT name you specified during the store creation in the admin panel (i.e. configuration_store2).If you opt for this option, you MUST change the "STORES_ID" configuration_title record for EACH copied configuration table. You will need to update the 'configuration_value' to the corresponding stores_id that was auto-incremented in the stores table when you created each store.

Every time I try to add another store into the list of stores I receive the following error "Error: You must enter Store Name & Configuration Table" even though I have added a store name and selected for the program to enter the default configuration table settings.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

I am getting that exact same message. I am working on it now to see if I can figure out what is going on.

I am getting that exact same message. I am working on it now to see if I can figure out what is going on.

Ok I figured out what I was doing wrong.

Make you have the default config table selected and make sure you put something in the field for: Stores Config Table:

This has to be filled out because this name will be the new database table.

This should solve your problem sacotechnology.

Make you have the default config table selected and make sure you put something in the field for: Stores Config Table:

Thanks it is now working

Thanks it is now working

I'm now working on step 5 (Define WS & FS paths for stores created above) and would lke to know do I need to create another copy of the catalogue folder and rename it something else before I enter the URL details?

Also which of these MUST be completed for the store to function:

Store Catalog Website URL

Store Catalog Website SSL URL

Enable SSL Store Catalog

Store Catalog Website Path

Store Catalog Filesystem Path

Store Catalog Website Images Path

Store Catalog Website Languages Path

Store Catalog Filesystem Languages Path

Store Catalog Filesystem Images Path

Store Catalog Filesystem Modules Path

How to use specials with Multi Stores Multiple Shopping System?

Currently the specials are showed in all shops.

If I create special 1 for shop 1 and special 2 for shop 2 then both shops have 2 x the same special product but with different prices (price 1 for shop 1 and price 2 for shop 2).

Does anyone know how to integrate/fix this?

Hi all,

I've been using multistores now for over a year without any problems.

If we all look at this current thread, it is 56 pages long and a nightmare to navigate through.

Would any one benefit, or think it a good idea to create a new forum for just this topic?

Because the way I see it, there are four types of posts here.

1. help help help help

2. yeah, I agree - help help help help

3. Try this patch, but I'm not a php guru.

4. How do I turn globals on/off?

If anyone would like to host one, please do, or I'll see what I can do about putting one up.

cheers,

Steve.

Would any one benefit, or think it a good idea to create a new forum for just this topic?

Yes I think this is a good idea.

But being a new user myself to multi store and so far without any luck getting it installed I beleive that it would be a great tool to see a step by step detailed guide with screen shots of each step.

Yes, here's one I did. Still functioning nicely.

http://www.pyro-tection.com/

Hello there,

when i click the products i got this problem.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '((products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_i' at line 1

select pd.products_name, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_qty_blocks, p.products_tax_class_id, p.distributors_id, IF(s.status = '1' AND s.stores_id = '1', s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status = '1' AND s.stores_id = '1', s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products_to_categories p2c, ((products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_description pd) left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id and s.stores_id = '1') INNER JOIN products_to_stores p2s ON p.products_id = p2s.products_id where p2s.stores_id = '1' AND p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '1' and pd.products_id = '1' and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

can anyone help me?

Many thanks.

Dice

my signature

Yes, here's one I did. Still functioning nicely.

http://www.pyro-tection.com/

Hello there,

when i click the products i got this problem.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '((products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_i' at line 1

select pd.products_name, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_qty_blocks, p.products_tax_class_id, p.distributors_id, IF(s.status = '1' AND s.stores_id = '1', s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status = '1' AND s.stores_id = '1', s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products_to_categories p2c, ((products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_description pd) left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id and s.stores_id = '1') INNER JOIN products_to_stores p2s ON p.products_id = p2s.products_id where p2s.stores_id = '1' AND p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '1' and pd.products_id = '1' and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

can anyone help me?

Many thanks.

Dice

my signature

Hi all,

From what I can see in the live multi, to the surfer would look like if there were three or four catalogs. Is isn't just like having three or four or five catalog installed each with its own database without using the multi shop contribution?

What is the advantage of using this contribution if the end user would see it as all different shops?

Thanks

What is the advantage of using this contribution if the end user would see it as all different shops?

It allows you to only need one admin area and also for customers to use the same login across the stores.

It is exactly what I'm looking for if I can manage to install it!

Edited by sacotechnology

Here is a copy of my current configure file

<?php
/*
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 [url="http://www.oscommerce.com"]http://www.oscommerce.com[/url]

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters
// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'sacotechnology.com.au');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'sacotechnology.com.au');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/store/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/store/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/store/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/store/');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

// define our database connection
 define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'My Username');
 define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'My Password');
 define('DB_DATABASE', 'My Database');
 define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'
?>

You can see my store here: http://www.sacotechnology.com.au/store/

The setup in cpanel is store > Includes