• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi-Stores Multiple Shops Support

hobbzilla

Help needed, hope theres someone who can help me with this little problem.

I succesfully installed Multistore the latest version together with quit alot of other contributions, but I do have 1 problem, in my admin section when I try to add a "Special" price for my products, the price just says 0.00 on all products, but in the stores it shows up with the correct prices.

And its only on my second store it does that.

Anyone with any idear about whats wrong ?

I am having trouble getting my second store up properly and need a hand with what settings to enter in the configuration.php admin page fopr that store.

If someone can "fill in the blanks" for me here it would be greatly appreciated!

The setup I have is:

main store - www.domain.com.au/mall/

shop2 - www.shop2.domain.com.au

what config paths do I set up in admin when in the shop2?

Store Catalog Website URL:

Store Catalog Website SSL URL:

Enable SSL Store Catalog: false

Store Catalog Website Path:

Store Catalog Filesystem Path:

Store Catalog Website Images Path:

Store Catalog Website Languages Path:

Store Catalog Filesystem Languages Path:

Store Catalog Filesystem Images Path:

Store Catalog Filesystem Modules Path:

Thanks

Hi,

like to say nice contribution. There is one question. I am trying to find out if this is what I am looking for I have test this contribution and I thing I understand it. But I was wondering if I can have many stores with there own database and the default store or the big store connects to all the databases.

I want people to create there own store and there own db and then we have on store who connects to all the databases.

I hope you understand me. I am not very good in English.

here is a picture to help you understand what I am talking about

mall.jpg

Regards Sindri

Hi,

like to say nice contribution. There is one question. I am trying to find out if this is what I am looking for I have test this contribution and I thing I understand it. But I was wondering if I can have many stores with there own database and the default store or the big store connects to all the databases.

I want people to create there own store and there own db and then we have on store who connects to all the databases.

mall.jpg

Regards Sindri

Hello,

Yes there is an unconventional way to accomplish this. Each store will NOT have its own database but each admin can be limited as to what they touch using the admin controls.

Setup five stores. Each of the four smaller stores will show only what is in their store.

The BIG store will be able to show all of the contents of the smaller stores within itself.

Hope this helps you out.

Greg

Krynen.com - Interesting answers

Purple Dragon Gifts - Jewelry and other gifts

Purple Dragon Traders - Beads and Supplies

Hello,

Is there a way to enable all products for a store when adding a new store?

Now when adding a new store all products are disabled.

I have 2000 products and many categories.

Is it possible to enable all products to a store at once?

Regards,

Alex

Hello,

Is there a way to enable all products for a store when adding a new store?

Now when adding a new store all products are disabled.

I have 2000 products and many categories.

Is it possible to enable all products to a store at once?

Regards,

Alex

Well your handle here is appropriate for this question (chuckle)...

Anyways, one way is a SQL script to change the correct database field to include the new store for every product.

I seem to recall figuring a way to do it within the store but at the moment it escapes me. I have been working 7 days a week as a paper stacker and supervisor. My brain is a bit out of practice for coding at the moment.

Greg

Krynen.com - Interesting answers

Purple Dragon Gifts - Jewelry and other gifts

Purple Dragon Traders - Beads and Supplies

• 2 weeks later...
Well your handle here is appropriate for this question (chuckle)...

Anyways, one way is a SQL script to change the correct database field to include the new store for every product.

I seem to recall figuring a way to do it within the store but at the moment it escapes me. I have been working 7 days a week as a paper stacker and supervisor. My brain is a bit out of practice for coding at the moment.

Thanks Greg,

I know a little SQL scripting but this is to difficult for me.

Does anyone allready made a script for this and is willing to share it?

Regards,

Alex

I'm confused about the configure.php and database_tables.php files.

Pretend my db username is 1234 and the pw for that db is abcd for store 1 and I believe store 2's db is not in use. If i'm wrong can someone show me how to make it work.

Can someone post an example of BOTH store 1 and store 2's configure.php and database_tables.php.

I think this will help a lot of people including myself. Thanks

Easy help for the experts. I'm trying to combine these two strings, but don't know the correct way how to do it so it works.

define('TABLE_CUSTOMERS', 'customers', 'customers_store3');

Can you please help!

I'm confused about the configure.php and database_tables.php files.

Pretend my db username is 1234 and the pw for that db is abcd for store 1 and I believe store 2's db is not in use. If i'm wrong can someone show me how to make it work.

Can someone post an example of BOTH store 1 and store 2's configure.php and database_tables.php.

I think this will help a lot of people including myself. Thanks

Both stores connect to the same database, and so could have the same username, password and database name. Alternatively, you could have a separate DB login for each store, and set the username and password in each configure.php - the database name is still the same, though.

Easy help for the experts. I'm trying to combine these two strings, but don't know the correct way how to do it so it works.

define('TABLE_CUSTOMERS', 'customers', 'customers_store3');

Can you please help!

Hi,

It's not clear what you are trying to achieve.

If you want TABLE_CUSTOMERS to ALWAYS be the inner join of those two tables, you could use

define('TABLE_CUSTOMERS', 'customers, customers_store3');

but you would need to alter the 'where' statement wherever TABLE_CUSTOMERS is referenced.

Jezzz...... This is a nice contribution and I am sure a LOT of work has went into it, however the install instructions are a little lacking......

I’m not a total noob but dang this thing is confusing as $hit!! I am going to read all 54 pages and maybe I will figure out how to make this thing work correctly - if not I'll ask for some help.

Then I am going to rewrite the install instructions (specifically the part on modifying the configure, php, and other necessary files to make this thing work correctly)

SJ

Hi,

mall.jpg

Regards Sindri

Hello,

Yes there is an unconventional way to accomplish this. Each store will NOT have its own database but each admin can be limited as to what they touch using the admin controls.

Setup five stores. Each of the four smaller stores will show only what is in their store.

The BIG store will be able to show all of the contents of the smaller stores within itself.

Hope this helps you out.

M I missing something or it works?!

I make, let say 4 stores. They have their own catalog. And all of their products are visible in the main BIG STORE?!

This works?

I wish not to install it and than it wont work. I rather ask first.

-----------------------

Now for may question:

I would like to have one multi store in which all of the products of all 4 stores will be visible.

How can I make this with Multi-stores 1.9, dos it support it?

Thanks!

Jure

This is a cool contrib. I applied it on several new installations. All are working fine for ages now.

Now, the requirements have changed as time and I am currently working on pulling up few features from other stores to the main landing page but no luck yet (it has been 3 days of a novice trying).

I was wondering if I can pull the main category links of the all the stores I administer. I am able to pull categories with respective links for individual stores (by using $category_string which is already defined with categories.php). But could not cross refer them among different stores to enable single click and easy jumping.

I am looking for, to say for example on main landing page of the website and few store specific search pages the dream output could be like:

We have the following stores with us:

Store name: Store1<link to store1>

Product categories avilabe with Store 1: Category1<link to Category1>, Category2<link to Category2>.

Manufacturerers listed at Store 1: Manufacturer1<link to manufacturer1>, Manufacturer2<link to manufacturer2>.

Store name: Store2<link to store2>

Product categories avilabe with Store 2: Category3<link to Category3>, Category4<link to Category4>.

Manufacturerers listed at Store 2: Manufacturer3<link to manufacturer3>, Manufacturer4<link to manufacturer4>.

Any help here is deeply appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time.

John.

Dream! till you achieve...

Try! till you succeed...

Edited by msr9

Have just installed this contribution and it has worked wonderfully well for me. Just thought that the installation instructions were a bit vague (or that I was a complete goof). I have documented the steps I followed and thought of sharing it. Here they go:

MULTISTORE CONFIGURATION

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Start with a clean install of the OSCommerce package:

1) Copy all files from the multistores package to the relevant location in the OSCommerce folder, overwriting existing files in OSCommerce.

2) Copy the admin to root OSCommerce folder (instead of inside the catalog folder).

3) Modify the configure.php in admin folder to reflect the change in path.

4) Make a copy of the catalog folder with a new name, this will serve as the catalog of the new store.

5) Modify the configure.php in new catalog's folder to use the new catalog folder path.

6) Using Stores link in admin, add new store with its configuration table name say 'configuration_new' (this table will be created in the database).

7) In new store's catalog folder/includes/database_tables.php line "define('TABLE_CONFIGURATION','configuration');" change the name to the new stores configuration table 'configuration_new'.

8) Assign Languages to the new store (Localization/Languages).

9) In table 'configuration' (for default store) and 'configuration_new', add new rows with configuration_key 'store_id' and its value which reflects the relevant store_id taken from table 'Stores".

10) Add '//' (comment out) the lines as mentioned in the 'install' file of multistores package.

Hope this helps...

Hi, sorry for my englsih.

My problem:

I can show in principal SHOP all products from Shop1, Shop2, Shop3, ...

All products are in principal SHOP and a second shop.

I will like show in product_info.php the name, image, ... about his shop (shop1, shop2 or shop3).

The code "echo STORE_NAME" show the principal SHOP name (because all products are in principal SHOP) but I like show the shop1 name.

Is it possible?

Thank you.

This is a cool contrib.

However, if the the sql queries are modified at catalog side to show as a mall this will be very usefull.

Fo example best sellers can be picked up from all the stores and top ten can be dispalyed...

Similarly New products... Reviews... Whats new... Categories... Search... Manufacturers.. Checkout

Can anybody post here a sample sql query for performing any of the above operations...I am stuck here....

Any pointers???? May be a dream "MS Catalog Conrtib"

Thank you.

In the various steps I see that I need to adjust the "includes/database_table" file.

But I'm not to clear on exactly what to adjust.

In the second store (sample)

define('TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION', 'categories_description');

//rmh M-S_multi-stores *Commented out due to: table selection done in application_top.php* define('TABLE_CONFIGURATION', 'configuration');

define('TABLE_CONFIGURATION_GROUP', 'configuration_group');

it is commented out... I wasn't exspecting to find it commented out already....

"configuration_sample" is in the database as a table

7) In new store's catalog folder/includes/database_tables.php line "define('TABLE_CONFIGURATION','configuration');" change the name to the new stores configuration table 'configuration_new'.

Ok so how does this look... for the second store (Sample)

define('TABLE_CONFIGURATION', 'configuration_sample');

and for the Main Store:

define('TABLE_CONFIGURATION', 'configuration','configuration_sample');

Or am I lost.

All seems to work pretty well, I can get into the main store, set up a second store (sample) with a admin for it

but I cant log in to the second store. I'm hoping this step will clear this part up. Any help would be appreciated.

Craig

In the various steps I see that I need to adjust the "includes/database_table" file.

But I'm not to clear on exactly what to adjust.

In the second store (sample)

define('TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION', 'categories_description');

//rmh M-S_multi-stores *Commented out due to: table selection done in application_top.php* define('TABLE_CONFIGURATION', 'configuration');

define('TABLE_CONFIGURATION_GROUP', 'configuration_group');

it is commented out... I wasn't exspecting to find it commented out already....

"configuration_sample" is in the database as a table

Ok so how does this look... for the second store (Sample)

and for the Main Store:

define('TABLE_CONFIGURATION', 'configuration','configuration_sample');

Or am I lost.

All seems to work pretty well, I can get into the main store, set up a second store (sample) with a admin for it

but I cant log in to the second store. I'm hoping this step will clear this part up. Any help would be appreciated.

Craig

for the second store (Sample):

and for the Main Store:

define('TABLE_CONFIGURATION', 'configuration');

Hello,

I have implented the latested version v1.9.

So far so good.

Now is the problem that my discount form a customer group is on the specials and not on the products.

Ok example:

I have 2 groups and a special item.

group1 with no discount

group2 with discount of 50%

Special 10% discount

Ok when I login as group1 it's perfect and the special gets 10% of the price.

But when I login as group2 the products are the same price and the special gets a extra discount of 50%.

This is incorrect because the product must have this discount and not the specials an extra discount.

I have look in the files but can't figure out witch wan it is.

Hope you can help.

Greetz

Hello,

Ok the steps that I took:

installed v1.8 updated it to v1.9.

in admin I set aan special item with a discount of 10%.

Then I made 2 customer groups 1 with a discount of 20% (named reseller) and 1 with no discount (named klant dutch for customer).

I made 2 customers 1 with the status reseller and 1 with klant.

I logged in with the klant account and everything works perfect.

Then I logout and login as reseller account and the normal products in the categories.

Then I went to the specials and I saw that the specials where not 10% but 30% discount.

This only happens by the reseller account.

I hoop that I informed you well enough.

greets

M I missing something or it works?!

I make, let say 4 stores. They have their own catalog. And all of their products are visible in the main BIG STORE?!

This works?

I wish not to install it and than it wont work. I rather ask first.

-----------------------

Now for may question:

I would like to have one multi store in which all of the products of all 4 stores will be visible.

How can I make this with Multi-stores 1.9, dos it support it?

Thanks!

Jure

Your specific example is not how MS is designed. You will only have 1 database and not 4 with the big store connecting to multiple datasources. However, with MS you can have 4 different stores, that all look different, have different products, and are administrated by a single admin installation. A fifth store "BIG Store" could have all the product from all the various stores enabled for it, yes.

The only thing I can suggest is that you try it. I am in the process of getting my site back online and will try and get a demo setup for the MS.

I was wondering if I can pull the main category links of the all the stores I administer. I am able to pull categories with respective links for individual stores (by using $category_string which is already defined with categories.php). But could not cross refer them among different stores to enable single click and easy jumping.

I am assuming the category links go to the respective store URLs.. This should be able to be accomplished with a specialized loop -- you won't be able to reference any variable in the main store for this -- it must be custom created for the page you are wanting this displayed on.

Go and grab all the stores from the stores table. Looping through each store result, querey the categories table and build the category tree (there is a tep function for this) and display the result of the catgory appended to the url of the store (from the top level store query) and you should have your links to the cat's subcat's of the various stores.

I will like show in product_info.php the name, image, ... about his shop (shop1, shop2 or shop3).

The code "echo STORE_NAME" show the principal SHOP name (because all products are in principal SHOP) but I like show the shop1 name.

Is it possible?

Sure. Query the stores table for the configuration table value for shop1.

Then with that result, query the configuration table returned for the STORE_NAME value and replace the "echo STORE_NAME" with an echo $store1_query("configuration_value")

This is a cool contrib.

However, if the the sql queries are modified at catalog side to show as a mall this will be very usefull.

Fo example best sellers can be picked up from all the stores and top ten can be dispalyed...

Similarly New products... Reviews... Whats new... Categories... Search... Manufacturers.. Checkout

Can anybody post here a sample sql query for performing any of the above operations...I am stuck here....

Any pointers???? May be a dream "MS Catalog Conrtib"

Thank you.

Thanks. Reviews & New products/What's new, categories, search, manufacturers should all be very easy to take out for the main store the filter for only showing the current store's values. Just edit the various SQL queries and remove the references to STORES_ID. Unfortunately, I never built or designed the MS contrib to be used for a "mall" purpose (I believe there is another contrib that attempts this..)

It was originally designed to ease store administrator's who wanted multiple shops to sell stuff on. The ability to have a super store (or mall) is just an implementation of another store with all products enabled for it.. however making it fully "aware" to the existance of the other stores was never intended or needed by myself, however with a little work, you should be able to transform some of the queries for the super store to not take into account the STORES_ID, you should continue to get closer to what you are needing.

I know this has been asked before (with no answer given) but can this be used with a few key contributions??? Mainly Header tag controller and Ultimate SEO url's. The one giving me the biggest problem is Header tag controller.

Sorry haven't used these specific ones, what exactly are you have issues with? Might want to discuss them with the developers of those contribs as well for their input.