• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

About to go Live, have a look!

Hi Guys,

My second osCommerce site is almost ready to go live! Could you have a look, and let me know if you experience any errors, or forsee any problems.

www.saversoft.co.uk

Regards

Rich :D

(P.S) If you want to know any mods i use, ask me!

I see what you mean, just need to make one of the graphics on the main page a bit smaller for the people who use 800 x 600 resolution.

Thank you

Regards

Rich

Right I am off to the land of Sleep (zZzZzZ)

Any feedback would be grately apprieciated, and any questions will be gladly answered.

Regards

Rich

(will check this post in the morning UK time) :huh:

Great layout

Perhpas you may help me.

In fact as I you are not displaying all info boxes but you don't have any layout problem when infos boxes are dispayed.

However on my shop some infos boxes are superimposed...

Thus could you please tell me wich additional modules did you use for your infos boxes ?

Thanks a lot

I didn't add any other infoboxes apart from the DHTML menu, and an update for the best sellers box.

I originally had an error with my reviews box, it halfed in size, and managed to sort the issue out via a setting for the images in admin.

Let me know exactly what you mean, or even give me an url, and I can have a look.

Regards

Rich

Standard Oscommerce Layout, but nicely presented with good use of graphics.

Way too many infoboxes - what's the point of:

- shopping cart

- reviews

- bestsellers

- quick find

- information

All of these can be removed entirely, or the contents placed elsewhere.

Your menu does not work in Opera. You have 28 html errors on your front page - I didn;t check any internal pages.

Nice use of graphics, certainly a hundred times better than most sites that are posted here. Looks professional - I'd be happy to buy from you.

Thank you Burt,

I kinda like all the boxes, but will maybe look at narrowing them down to one column or so.

Thank you for your indepth analysis.

I will also be removing the top level of the store so it goes directly into the site.

Regards

Rich.

Hi Guys,

My second osCommerce site is almost ready to go live! Could you have a look, and let me know if you experience any errors, or forsee any problems.

www.saversoft.co.uk

Regards

Rich :D

(P.S) If you want to know any mods i use, ask me!

A good looking site.

Keep up the good work.

/ Zipper

I compiled all the logo's from different sources and then edited the footer.php file, and put them in.

Regards

Rich

(P.S. Thanks for looking) :D

• 3 weeks later...

Your site looks very smart! Clean, and seems to load fast. The only confusing thing is that the web site is called saversoftcomputers.co.uk but the URL is actually imageandmoore.co.uk

Also, I'd be careful of putting email address as text on web pages (shipping.php) as you'll quickly get spam. Use an image and link it to contact)us.php

One queston, how did you get the rounded border around your product images?

All the best with the store!

Archived