• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Adding new fields to Easy Populate

Mibble often tells me to put questions in the thread. I'm doing it now.

Would any one please kindly help me:

I have installed Big Images 1.25 and Product Availability.

I was happy to have a contribution of ep_new_fields. However, I followed the instruction to add two more fields (Big Image and Product Availability) without success.

When I've done following the instruction, I downloaded the text file and saw the two fields there but didn't find any value. It was like nothing getting from the db. I tried to put in jpg image name and Product Availability ID (eg: 1, 2, 4) and uploaded. Unfortunately, there's no big image and Product Availability (like Usually ships in 24 hours). This time it was nothing putting into db either. I know it must be a wrong setting in easypopulate.php. The instruction always refers to line number in the files which are different from mine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

David

P.S. Sorry for my bad English!

• 4 weeks later...

I followed the instructions exactly step by step but nothing happened - the new fields aren't included in the easypopulate txt-files.

I'm using german as only and standard-language, perhaps is there the problem?

Please! It's really important and I would be very grateful if you would help me.

?n sincere appreciation of your valuable help

UnqlPhriek

Edited by UnqlPhriek

Alexander Ryck | ryck.net media agentur

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I am having some problems getting started with this, first of all in the instructions it says

Find the line, approx 988: $filelayout  = array_merge($filelayout , array(

Below it add:

'v_products_retail_price'  => $iii++,

There are 3 $filelayout = array_merge($filelayout , array( in EP 2.74 so which one does it go below?

Cheers..

can I add a field to product page that displays the field title

for example I need a field to show up on the product page?

it is not an attribute because there are no values.

I would want the field titled "Issues" and then fill in a blank for # of issues.

But on my site I want the word Issues to actually show up also....how do I do this

Hi,

I'm new to Oscommerce. I tried Easy Populate and your contribution for adding new fields, and it works great. The only problem is that I'm doing a multilingual site (English and Japanese). Because the new field is in the PRODUCTS table, which doesn't have the language_id field, I can't get different versions of the new field data for different languages. Has anyone modified this to insert the new field into the PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION table? Then there might be different rows for each language version, like product name and description. Would this work with Easy Populate?

Thanks for any advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have been trying to figure this out for awhile and I have been reading through the tread, but I am an idiot (obviously) as I am not really getting anywhere.

I am setting up a store that needs to have these additional fields: volume, issue, grade and vendor. So I used the extra fields contribution to do this - that went well and was very easy.

I have EP working really well for everything but these extra fields as I have not touched the code.

I read a few contributions for adding extra fields to EP, but they all seem to be for EZ extra fields or for taking an unused field and replacing them. The Extra Fields Contribution seems to be making an additional table to hold them and I do not know where to begin to get this working.

Maybe I should not be adding these fields with the Product Extra Fields contribution?

Any help is much appreciated. If anyone can work directly with me on this we can discuss terms too.

Thanks!

when i added extra fields to the database (approximately 30) they were added to the products or products_description, depending upon what it was.

then to add these fields to easypopulate, i looked through all the queries, etc, for how ep put and pulled the data for the database. then i just inserted my fields in the same way in the ep file, making sure to add the field names to the queries, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I just followed all the directions to add the products_retail_price field. After testing it I found out that the information doesn't get downloaded. Then I entered in some sample retail prices and that doesn't get uploaded.... any idea why this would happen and how I can fix this? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I have been trying to figure this out for awhile and I have been reading through the tread, but I am an idiot (obviously) as I am not really getting anywhere.

I am setting up a store that needs to have these additional fields: volume, issue, grade and vendor. So I used the extra fields contribution to do this - that went well and was very easy.

I have EP working really well for everything but these extra fields as I have not touched the code.

I read a few contributions for adding extra fields to EP, but they all seem to be for EZ extra fields or for taking an unused field and replacing them. The Extra Fields Contribution seems to be making an additional table to hold them and I do not know where to begin to get this working.

Maybe I should not be adding these fields with the Product Extra Fields contribution?

Any help is much appreciated. If anyone can work directly with me on this we can discuss terms too.

Thanks!

Same issues. Anyone have a resolve for this yet?? The contrib for EZ extra fields & EP does not seem to work for the Products Extra Fields contrib.

PRODUCTS EXTRA FIELDS Contrib

- O

products extra fields will work with easy populate, as long as you go create the new fields. no other way around that without major hacking of the code of ep itself. as i coded all the fields i needed into my databases first, then added them to ep.

• 2 weeks later...
products extra fields will work with easy populate, as long as you go create the new fields.  no other way around that without major hacking of the code of ep itself. as i coded all the fields i needed into my databases first, then added them to ep.

Would you have a chance to give us a quick pointer on how to add your new fields created with "Product Extra Fields" to show up when downloading and to be submitted when uploading a new database file with Easy Populate? I am also interested in this, and it looks like a few others need some guidance.. thanks

Not sure how to edit my own message.. I found one of your posts Mibble about adding your new fields directly to the products database table, I dont mind doing that, but then how do you make them show up on your actual product page?

Maybe a quick step by step?

1) where to add new fields in the database

2) what/where to add tags for the new fields to show up on your product page

3) I guess altering Easypopulate will be the easiest? just add your table names to the list of names in the EP files? if this is the case which ep files do we need to change? cheers.. thanks for all your help..

Edited by gor-

in the easypopulate thread in the last day i posted a complete file which has additional fields. for where to insert the fields in your code, that is totally up to you, just follow the same steps as the other fields on the page you want to list them.

in the easypopulate thread in the last day i posted a complete file which has additional fields.? for where to insert the fields in your code, that is totally up to you, just follow the same steps as the other fields on the page you want to list them.

Thanks

Edited by gor-

Does anyone know how to make custom added fields show up in products_info.php ? I couldn't find this in Mibble instrucitons, only how to update EP to add data and retreive from the DB products

in the easy populate support thread is my easypopulate.php file which has extra fields in it, these are hard coded fields, not from the ezier new fields contribution

in the easy populate support thread is my easypopulate.php file which has extra fields in it, these are hard coded fields, not from the ezier new fields contribution

Do you have an exact web link to this easypopulate support thread that shows you how to add extra fields to show up on your product pages? I am unable to find this using the forum search tool, and it sounds like you know where it is.. thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Do you have an exact web link to this easypopulate support thread that shows you how to add extra fields to show up on your product pages? I am unable to find this using the forum search tool, and it sounds like you know where it is.. thanks

Does anyone know how to manually add extra product information to your product page? The database was created manually and so was the easypopulate additions.. products extra fields contribution was not used... All i need to know is how to call the information from the new fields from the product page.. anyone??