• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Actual Attribute Price V1.0

I am not seeing answers to the problems with this contribution did anyone get it to work? It seems to be exactly what I need, would be even better if the base price area could be designated as text, so something like $10 - $30 would show on product list

carie

i know that this thread is SUPER old, i dont even know if anyone is maintaining this contribution at all, but i have a question.. any answers are appreciated.

does this contribution work with attributes QTY and attributes sets? I installed attributes QTY and attributes sets, the QTY does not require the +/-, however when i create a set, it DOES require the +/- symbol and defaults to - if nothing is added... i was wondering if i added this contribution, if it wold fix this isssue.

Any ideas??

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

It does not look like anyone is maintaining this contribution, almost everyone involved seems to no longer be members. I have been trying to figure out the diff between this, the "Show Real Price" contribution, and http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2487 ( there is a post not addition) you might look at by leegend 2 Jul 2007 which is a different approach. Are you trying to get rid of the +/- math or just the display result and are you using sppc with this project?

carie

I do not NEED to show the +/- because they are the actual price for the item> There is not price for the product its self it is within the attributes - hense the need for ACTUAL PRICE.

So i guess technically i need the math if the price is set to $0.00, and the attribute is $25.00, i need it to add the $25.00 to $0.00?? i dont exactly know though

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

before i added sppc i was using "show real price" and was going to try the contribution for text "call for price" if zero and delete the text so nothing would show in the upper right hand corner ofproduct info and the attributes list would have the real price

carie

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

some of you queers shouldnt even be allowed to submit contributions... in the fkn instructions it says 'dont ask me how to backup your db because I dont know how to backup a database'... Who in their right mind is gonna install your contribution if you dont know how to backup a DB?

i know that this thread is SUPER old, i dont even know if anyone is maintaining this contribution at all, but i have a question.. any answers are appreciated.

does this contribution work with attributes QTY and attributes sets? I installed attributes QTY and attributes sets, the QTY does not require the +/-, however when i create a set, it DOES require the +/- symbol and defaults to - if nothing is added... i was wondering if i added this contribution, if it wold fix this isssue.

Any ideas??

Lindsay.

Idea coming your way...

I've just been using Actual Attribute Price for a short while, but not combined with Attributes QTY and Attributes Sets. The functionality for Actual Attribute is pretty straight forward and may be (easily) modifiable for use with Attributes Sets - may take a change to the attributes select query (/classes/shopping_cart.php and perhaps elsewhere). Basically, it keeps the existing functionality of adding (+) or subtracting (-) the attribute price based on the prefix, or returns the Actual Attribute price if the prefix is null/empty.

As for the default "-" value, that may have been set during installation of the Attributes Sets contrib (sorry - looked at one v1.3.3 of attribute sets plus) and it has a default value of "+". Altering the column to default to null may resolve this, allowing you to enter + or - as needed. Then, combined with a modified Actual Attribute select statement, this might get you where you want to be.

The above is offered without warranty or guarantee - just my idea. Don't forget to backup.

--Rob

Hello

Here is my problem

For ex: if i have price of item 12:00 and i put some attribute price as a list. How can i show only attribute prices not a signal price with attribute list.

Thanks

"show" where specifically?

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the basic question but before I attempt the install of Actual Attribute Price v1.7 I just wanted to ask if this woks with Attribute Sets or if they would be incompatable?

As I have an existing shop with lots of attributes and lots of Attribute Sets, I am just a little nervous about installing and then running the attribute update utility to change everything (even allowing for file and database backups)

Any thoughts or information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul

You will never learn if you don't try. And boy am I trying....!

Sorry for the basic question but before I attempt the install of Actual Attribute Price v1.7 I just wanted to ask if this woks with Attribute Sets or if they would be incompatable?

As I have an existing shop with lots of attributes and lots of Attribute Sets, I am just a little nervous about installing and then running the attribute update utility to change everything (even allowing for file and database backups)

Any thoughts or information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul

Once the utility is run, all the attribute prices stored in the database will be the full price, that is, the util will add/subtract the attribute from the base price and store it.

Your attribute manager will need to allow you to not add a + or - in that input field. If a + or - is being set by the attribute manager, you will have trouble with this contribution. All the sets you have now will need to be updated to full prices to be applied in the future (with no + or -).

Once the utility is run, all the attribute prices stored in the database will be the full price, that is, the util will add/subtract the attribute from the base price and store it.

Your attribute manager will need to allow you to not add a + or - in that input field. If a + or - is being set by the attribute manager, you will have trouble with this contribution. All the sets you have now will need to be updated to full prices to be applied in the future (with no + or -).

Thanks for the reply which is much appreciated. Unfortunately I think I will have to decide not to install this contrib as I have 192 fairly complex Attribute Sets with lots of attribues in each set so having to re-do each of them would be an absolute nightmare. Its a real shame as the current setup is not ideal for customers.

Thanks again for the assistance and information!!

Kind regards.

Paul

You will never learn if you don't try. And boy am I trying....!

i have installed the latest version of this contribution and i have also installed QTpro v1.0 - Quantity Tracking Professional i noticed that i have to put prices on all attributes to get it working properly but still have one issue that needs to get solved. When checking the cart i noticed that sub-total is 0 no matter what. Does anyone have any idea how to sort this minor issue ?

Many thanks in advance

Edited by teqno

i have installed the latest version of this contribution and i have also installed QTpro v1.0 - Quantity Tracking Professional i noticed that i have to put prices on all attributes to get it working properly but still have one issue that needs to get solved. When checking the cart i noticed that sub-total is 0 no matter what. Does anyone have any idea how to sort this minor issue ?

Many thanks in advance

are you sure this is a problem only after installing this contrib? That is, are you sure the QTPro install didn't cause it?

• 3 months later...

For a long time I thought this contribute was not working but it turns out that I have to open:

http://www.myshop.com/catalog/admin/aat_adjust.php

every time I add an attribute even new ones, I thought I ONLY had to to this on old attributes not new one I make.. but even when I make new ones (fresh ones) the price still say (+the number) until I go and run http://www.myshop.com/catalog/admin/aat_adjust.php

Every time.. Anyone with similar or know why??

dose any one figured out a simple quantity tracker that works with Actual Attribute Price ??. I've tried QTpro v1.0 but there is to much collisions between scripts and I'm not up to the task to make it work. Any ideas?

P.S- I've noticed that a lot of people had problems with :

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

insert into products_attributes values ('', '1', '3', '6', '', '')

and the answer is http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=187802

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hi i installed Actual Attribute Price V1.7 and works fine, now i installed shadowbox for popup images, now if i see a produtct wihtout options i see price corretcly, when products have options i not see price base but when i change a options see price corretcly, how i can fix it?

help! my base quantity comes up 0 when i add it to the shopping cart??!! the other quantities, where full amount is added in attributes, work fine. I've checked the install code, all looks well, can't find the conflict...any ideas?

thanks!

-jennyb

• 6 months later...

Hi from Germany

I have installed Actual Attribute Price v 1.7 and it works fine. My problem is I have products with and without attributes.

The base price and the prices for products with attributes are shown on the product_info page. But I only want one price (if the product has no attributes only the base price will shown and if the products have attributes the base price will not shown )

How can I fix the problem?

attribute.png

I thing, I have to change/insert the code in the product_info page like this. But I don't know how - my php is not very good.

<?php if ($products_attributes['total'] >0) { <?php echo TEXT_PRODUCT_OPTIONS; ?> ........}

else {<?php echo TEXT_PRICE; ?><?php echo $products_price; ?> } ?>

I use osCommerce 2.2 ms2

Here my product_info.php (only the lines I thing to change!):

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
          <tr>
		<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
	   </tr>
           <tr>
           <td class="main"><?php echo stripslashes($product_info['products_description']); ?></td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
	   </tr>
          <tr>
           <td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRICE; ?><?php echo $products_price; ?></td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
	   </tr>
         </table>
<?php
   $products_attributes_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
   $products_attributes = tep_db_fetch_array($products_attributes_query);
   if ($products_attributes['total'] > 0) {
?>
         <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
           <tr>
             <td class="main" colspan="2"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCT_OPTIONS; ?></td>
           </tr>
<?php
     $products_options_name_query = tep_db_query("select distinct popt.products_options_id, popt.products_options_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by popt.products_options_name");
     while ($products_options_name = tep_db_fetch_array($products_options_name_query)) {
       $products_options_array = array();
       $products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
       while ($products_options = tep_db_fetch_array($products_options_query)) {
         $products_options_array[] = array('id' => $products_options['products_options_values_id'], 'text' => $products_options['products_options_values_name']);
         if ($products_options['options_values_price'] != '0') {
           $products_options_array[sizeof($products_options_array)-1]['text'] .= ' (' . $products_options['price_prefix'] . $currencies->display_price($products_options['options_values_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) .') ';
         }
       }

if (isset($cart->contents[$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']]['attributes'][$products_options_name['products_options_id']])) {
         $selected_attribute = $cart->contents[$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']]['attributes'][$products_options_name['products_options_id']];
       } else {
         $selected_attribute = false;
       }
?>
           <tr>
             <td class="main"><?php //echo $products_options_name['products_options_name'] . ':'; ?></td>
             <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_radio_menu('id[' . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . ']', $products_options_array, $selected_attribute); ?></td>
           </tr>
<?php
     }
?>
         </table>
<?php
   }
?>

Any ideas are welcome.

thanks

Andreas