osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Email Problem

phpuser76039

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi to all

i have the same problem, i think i know what is the couse of this kind of problem,

on the setup of the system we have to choos at the end the way we use to send e mails. if you chossed somthing rong you get the masseg that the mail was send but aculy not.

there are 4-3 possebeleties to choos from

1.cdosys

2.cdonts

3.jmail

that is what i remember, if you choos the rong one then we get the problem we have.

i dont know where to find this to set it up.

any body can help it will be very nice.

thenks ori

• 2 months later...

Mike, this is a forum. The point of the forum is for information exchange. Information exchange cannot occur when you ask (repeatedly) that people contact you privately via email.

Since you have tried that contribution and have confirmed that PHP still does not send out emails, then get in contact with your hosting provider and ask them why.

The contribution uses both PHP and osCommerce methods of sending emails - if the PHP method does not work, then the osCommerce method will also not work.

:heart:, osCommerce

What I have confirmed with that contribution is that emails will send to yahoo accounts and not to any of the ISP emails I have tried, including ones on the same server.

I contacted my hosting company and have had 11 service tickets open in the past 5 days. They confirm that sendmail is working, mails are being sent and ISP's shut them down because the headers have problems.

Sendmail is working. It send's emails that get turned down. Ahall I tell the customers of this site they need to set up a yahoomail account to use it, or will somebody please tell me how to fix this problem?

If it's the server, then why does email go to yahoo, hotmail and other web based email while being rejected by isp's?

Now as far as being scolded for asking for help... there are a hundred OTHER people with this, I magine many have given up, or figured it out and never posted the answer. All I want is the answer. if somebody DID happen to email it to me I would post it for everybody so NOBODY has to experience what I have experienced, days and days of searching. My FULL TIME JOB, 12 hours per day for the last 5 days has been looking for a solution. can you IMAGINE how frustrated I am? Then I get chastized by the originator of the software with which I am experienceing all this trouble.

OK, so it's a forum, my bad. Would somebody PLEASE post an answer so I can move on?

I've paid enough dues on this issue.

Mike :(

• 3 years later...

This thread did not seem to be resolved.

I posted this on another thread but I might as well posit it again here as link to the other thread.

This is my quick fix for this problem.

/includes/functions/general.php line 1014

Change:-

// Instantiate a new mail object

$message = new email(array('X-Mailer: osCommerce Mailer'));

To this:-

$mailerreplyreturn = array(1 => 'X-Mailer: osCommerce Mailer', 'Return-Path: <[email protected]>', 'Reply-To: <[email protected]>');

$message = new email($mailerreplyreturn);

Where [email protected] is the address you send emals from in as set in Admin Configuration My Store

Even better

$returnpath="Return-Path: <$from_email_address>";

$replyto="Reply-To: <$from_email_address>";

$mailerreplyreturn = array(1 => 'X-Mailer: osCommerce Mailer', $returnpath, $replyto);

It works with these settings at least:-

E-Mail Transport Method sendmail

E-Mail Linefeeds LF

Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails false

Verify E-Mail Addresses Through DNS false

Send E-Mails true

on times emails are blocked to avoid some hack do spamming.

So I suggest You ask Your hosting company as to what is blocking the emails from being sent.

Also chek the send email is set to true.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Hi Satish,

I really do not think you understand the problem or the solution.

Some hosting packages on shared servers have a fixed "Return-Path" address in their php.ini file.

This email address is of a dummy address e.g. "[email protected]"

This is the email address to which "undeliverable mail" errors are sent

It can not be changed, on some servers by some hosting providers, using .htaccess or using php ini_set.

The problem arrises as some spam filters block the reciept of emails with unrelated "to" and "Return-Path" address.

ISPs which do this include Hotmail, Yahoo and many big ISPs.

So the solution is to re-write the email headers which are causing the spam filter to block receipt of the emails.

Thus the code I supplied works by re-writing the "Return-Path" and "Reply-To" headers.

It is not a matter of emails not being sent but spam filters on the recieving end blocking them due to the headers varying.

You just need to change the two general.php files with the code supplied and no more emails should be blocked due to this issue.

You are absolutely right.. For any who want to test that method before making the changes can do so this way.. For everyone who says the emails says it sent successfully but never arrives at the email this will apply to you. Instead of trying to send the email to a yahoo or hotmail account instead try to send an email to account that on your server or hosting account.. So for example if you own mysite.com you should try sending an email to [email protected] and I think you will see that the email does arrive just as its supposed to.. It reaches it destination in this case because the headers never had to be verified because it never actually left the server. However when you try to send emails to off server email accounts it does not work..

If you run that little test there and get the results just as I stated them then SHERIDAN's fix listed above should work out fine for you.. Email headers have to be verified as a security constraint on spam on a lot of new hosting providers now.. Actually to those who are not experiencing this problem in my own opinion just means your hosting provider is a little behind the times perhaps..

Anyhow that not being the point... All in all I actually have a question here. All of my emails send out just fine from every location of the script from order complete, new sign ups, newsletters, send mail, etc etc.... All of that works great.... Now since I am not super familiar the the file structure of this yet I was wondering if the Tell A Friend box could be fixed by coding that same location? I found it odd that all of my mailings work fine except the Tell A Friend Box emails never reach their destination... Is the headers to be changed located in the tell_a_friend.php root file? Can I apply this same fix for the Tell A Friend? Well I know I can but where do I do it?

Hi,

The two files to change are:-

catalog/includes/functions/general.php

catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php

Use the second code change I posted earlier not the first i.e. :-

$mailerreplyreturn = array(1 => 'X-Mailer: osCommerce Mailer', $returnpath, $replyto);

The first code change I posted would not work for the "tell a friend" page.

The tell a friend page on my site works fine using the second change not the first.

The code changes in the above files should set the "Return-Path" and "Reply-To" headers to the value entered in the "Your E-Mail Address:" field.

This results in an email with the same values for the "From" "Return-Path" and "Reply-To" headers.

I hope this helps.

This is kicking my arse too. All the emailing was working fine until I changed the "E-mail Address" and "E-mail From" fields on the main control panel config page. Now, even if I change it back to the original email address, I am still not getting order confirmation emails - the ones with the oreder number and half the credit card numbers for using the CC payment module.

My site is supposed to go live tomorrow.

gdi.

Ok I finally made the changes and did not get any results.. It did not mess anything up nor did it fix anything.. All the emails on the admin side of the house still work fine.. However the tell-a-friend page still does not send the mail.. I am a bit stumped at the moment..

I know it seems like this is becoming a repeatitive issue.....but, I am having the same issue as well. On my index.php when I click on the 'Contact Us' link and send an email to my store owner....I get the message that the email was sent successfully but I never receive an email to my Yahoo! account and Yahoo! is my host as well. I have tried all of the suggestions posted so far without success.

I'm having the same issues, emails are not going thru from contact us or from "ask a question" on product tabs contrib. everything was working fine the other day. I think that it started when the owner email was changed... it validates and appears to send emails, but i receive no emails... no matter what email address i use.

Even better

Thanks for the quick fix.

though, we are getting this error message

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/store/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 1022

any ideas why is it?

I know it seems like this is becoming a repeatitive issue.....but, I am having the same issue as well. On my index.php when I click on the 'Contact Us' link and send an email to my store owner....I get the message that the email was sent successfully but I never receive an email to my Yahoo! account and Yahoo! is my host as well. I have tried all of the suggestions posted so far without success.

I'm having the same problem!

Just spent 2 hours trying to resolve it, even trying the solutions listed here - but no joy.

Anyone any idea how to resolve this problem?

Archived