• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Email Problem

phpuser76039

I've just done some more investigating, and have found something interesting.

If I use the contact us page stored on www.mysite.com, and have the store email address set to [email protected] - the email doesn't arrive.

However, if I set the store email to an address NOT ON MY DOMAIN (i.e. [email protected]) - the email arrives?

So it appears oscommerce won't process the email if the recipient is linked to the domain the page is stored on?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GUYS - I've managed to resolve this.

(Just to reitterate, I wasn't receiving emails submitted by my 'Contact Us' page)

It turns out my host needed to make a change. I raised a support ticket, and this was their response:

Hello Steven,

Thank you for contacting SiteGround Support Team.

I carefully investigated your case and I noticed that the issue is caused by the fact that your domain was located in the /etc/localdomains file.

However, I have moved the domain to the /etc/remotedomains file and now your application should be able to send emails to your domain without problems.

Please check it now.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or comments.

Best Regards,

Andrey

Support Team

SiteGround.com

Hope it's a simple as this for you guys.

• 2 weeks later...

My contact us form is working and I receive mail to [email protected] but when I send the mail to the costumer from admin panel it shows that the email is sent but the recipient newer received mail. I tried with booth setups with SMTP and send mail.

I also tested the script that was given here email_test.php and it shows that the mail is sent but still the recipient didn't received the mail!!!! <_<

Any solution

GUYS - I've managed to resolve this.

(Just to reitterate, I wasn't receiving emails submitted by my 'Contact Us' page)

It turns out my host needed to make a change. I raised a support ticket, and this was their response:

Hello Steven,

Thank you for contacting SiteGround Support Team.

I carefully investigated your case and I noticed that the issue is caused by the fact that your domain was located in the /etc/localdomains file.

However, I have moved the domain to the /etc/remotedomains file and now your application should be able to send emails to your domain without problems.

Please check it now.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or comments.

Best Regards,

Andrey

Support Team

SiteGround.com

Hope it's a simple as this for you guys.

Good to hear that you have resolved the problem. I have the same problem that you had in the past. I am using Linux RedHat 5, would you explain a bit more what you have done for the local domain and the remote domain files ?

As I sead My contact us form is working without any edits and I receive mail to [email protected].

But when I send the mail to the costumer from admin panel it shows that the email is sent but the recipient newer received mail. I tried with booth setups with SMTP and send mail.

I also tested the script that was given here email_test.php and it shows that the mail is sent but still the recipient didn't received the mail!!!!

Any solution

Good to hear that you have resolved the problem. I have the same problem that you had in the past. I am using Linux RedHat 5, would you explain a bit more what you have done for the local domain and the remote domain files ?

Apologies but the physical changes were made by my host, and not me.

This problem had arisen as I have my DNS MX settings changed because my mail is handled by a third party and NOT my host.

I must advise you all however, it's worth contacting your host regarding this problem because there might be settings they need to change inorder for this to work.

I spent 4 hours decyphering osCommerce source code when it was actually my host that needed to make a change.

4 hours wasted!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all,

I run an osC site on a unix envirionment, everything has worked well until recently when I've started having problems with the passwords forgotten function.

I've not been able to find a consolidated check list and was hoping that someone would help me put it together:

My E-Mail Options

Title Value Action

E-Mail Transport Method sendmail

E-Mail Linefeeds LF

Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails false

Verify E-Mail Addresses Through DNS false

Send E-Mails true

Which seemed to check out, so I used a contribution

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...arch,test+email

it sends 2 emails one using standard php mail and one that used the osC version.

The standard version worked fine (as does email from within the admin site), so it looks like the tep_mail is the issue.

I then saw a suggestion to remove the <storename> part of the Email From section in the my store configuration section.

I got the same results

A contributor Sheridan (post 34) had suggested that the mail is being sent but is being bounced and to add a return path. Whilst it didn't feel like it was my problem it seemed good practice so I replaced :

// Instantiate a new mail object

$message = new email(array('X-Mailer: osCommerce'));

with:

$returnpath="Return-Path: <$from_email_address>";

$replyto="Reply-To: <$from_email_address>";

$mailerreplyreturn = array(1 => 'X-Mailer: osCommerce Mailer', $returnpath, $replyto);

As per his suggestion.

I still get no mail from password forgotten, the admin function still sends mail just fine.

Is there anything I've missed?

and

Is there anyway of resetting customers passwords if they are not able to get the emails?

I think I've reached the point where I'm getting diminishing returns from the forum so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

My problem is related with the email also. I make some tests with my oscommerce store.

My tests are for six differents domains (Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, Intelnett, Rapicompra, Inversionesc)

The results are that in (Yahoo, Gmail & Hotmail)

- The customer dont recieve the welcome e-mail

- The customer dont recieve the order emails

- The customer dont recieve the new password if the forgott it.

The results for RapiCompra and inversionecf:

- The customer recive the welcome email

- The customer recieve the order email

- The customer recieve the new password if they forgoot it.

My email option settings are:

E-Mail Transport Method -smtp

E-Mail Linefeeds - LF

Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails - false

Verify E-Mail Addresses Through DNS - false

Send E-Mails - true

If any person can help me is very important, because my store have more than 3 years and thanks for the oscommerce project we make bussiness.

Kind Regards,

FUAD HAZBOUN

RAPICOMPRA

Peace and Love for all...

Hi,

My problem is related with the email also. I make some tests with my oscommerce store.

My tests are for six differents domains (Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, Intelnett, Rapicompra, Inversionesc)

The results are that in (Yahoo, Gmail & Hotmail)

- The customer dont recieve the welcome e-mail

- The customer dont recieve the order emails

- The customer dont recieve the new password if the forgott it.

The results for RapiCompra and inversionecf:

- The customer recive the welcome email

- The customer recieve the order email

- The customer recieve the new password if they forgoot it.

My email option settings are:

E-Mail Transport Method -smtp

E-Mail Linefeeds - LF

Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails - false

Verify E-Mail Addresses Through DNS - false

Send E-Mails - true

If any person can help me is very important, because my store have more than 3 years and thanks for the oscommerce project we make bussiness.

Kind Regards,

FUAD HAZBOUN

RAPICOMPRA

The E-Mail Linefeed parameter must be set to CRLF when the transport method is SMTP. This might or might not explain your problem.

Are you using any email related contributions?

Is your store domain name or hosting company domain one of the domains you listed? An email server can be configured to allow delivery of locally address messages, but reject messages addressed to foreign domains unless SMTP password authentication is utilized (a feature not supported by the baseline osCommerce code, but something that can be added via a contribution).

Have you checked to see if your domain name has been black listed by Yahoo, Gmail or Hotmail?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

i guess here is the topic for my problem.

I just installed PWA 1.2.5a. Everything works great except email feature.

The costumer received email with order, with welcome email, etc.

The admin dosen't

Can you help me?

Thank you,

Edmond

Hello,

i guess here is the topic for my problem.

I just installed PWA 1.2.5a. Everything works great except email feature.

The costumer received email with order, with welcome email, etc.

The admin dosen't

Can you help me?

Thank you,

Edmond

Sure we can try.

I assume by PWA you are referring to the Purchase Without Account contribution located here. I do not see a version labeled 1.2.5a. What is the date of that version? I've not used the contribution, so I want to look at the same version of code you are using.

Did you just load this contribution? Was the admin receiving email before you added the contribution?

Ben

Hi all,

I run an osC site on a unix envirionment, everything has worked well until recently when I've started having problems with the passwords forgotten function.

I've not been able to find a consolidated check list and was hoping that someone would help me put it together:

My E-Mail Options

Title Value Action

E-Mail Transport Method sendmail

E-Mail Linefeeds LF

Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails false

Verify E-Mail Addresses Through DNS false

Send E-Mails true

Which seemed to check out, so I used a contribution

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...arch,test+email

it sends 2 emails one using standard php mail and one that used the osC version.

The standard version worked fine (as does email from within the admin site), so it looks like the tep_mail is the issue.

I then saw a suggestion to remove the <storename> part of the Email From section in the my store configuration section.

I got the same results

A contributor Sheridan (post 34) had suggested that the mail is being sent but is being bounced and to add a return path. Whilst it didn't feel like it was my problem it seemed good practice so I replaced :

$message = new email(array('X-Mailer: osCommerce'));

with:

$mailerreplyreturn = array(1 => 'X-Mailer: osCommerce Mailer', $returnpath, $replyto);

As per his suggestion.

I still get no mail from password forgotten, the admin function still sends mail just fine.

Is there anything I've missed?

and

Is there anyway of resetting customers passwords if they are not able to get the emails?

I think I've reached the point where I'm getting diminishing returns from the forum so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

I am having problems with email as well......

I have tried sending emails from Admin to an email address within the store domain and they send and receive ok.

But if I try to send to an email address outside the shop domain it fails to arrive.

I have modified the code in both general.php files as follows:

function tep_mail($to_name, $to_email_address, $email_subject, $email_text, $from_email_name, $from_email_address) {

if (SEND_EMAILS != 'true') return false;

//$message = new email(array('X-Mailer: osCommerce Mailer'));

// Initiate a new mail object

$message = new email($mailerreplyreturn);

// Build the text version

$text = strip_tags($email_text);

if (EMAIL_USE_HTML == 'true') {

$message->add_html($email_text, $text);

} else {

$message->add_text($text);

}

// Send message

$message->build_message();

$message->send($to_name, $to_email_address, $from_email_name, $from_email_address, $email_subject);

}

Have I got naything wrong?

If not what is the likely cause?

I am having problems with email as well......

I have tried sending emails from Admin to an email address within the store domain and they send and receive ok.

But if I try to send to an email address outside the shop domain it fails to arrive.

I have modified the code in both general.php files as follows:

function tep_mail($to_name, $to_email_address, $email_subject, $email_text, $from_email_name, $from_email_address) {

if (SEND_EMAILS != 'true') return false;

//$message = new email(array('X-Mailer: osCommerce Mailer'));

// Initiate a new mail object

$message = new email($mailerreplyreturn);

// Build the text version

$text = strip_tags($email_text);

if (EMAIL_USE_HTML == 'true') {

$message->add_html($email_text, $text);

} else {

$message->add_text($text);

}

// Send message

$message->build_message();

$message->send($to_name, $to_email_address, $from_email_name, $from_email_address, $email_subject);

}

Have I got naything wrong?

If not what is the likely cause?

I take it your modifications to tep_mail did not work.

Your hosting company may have the servers configured to allow email addressed to a foreign address to only originate from authenicated clients. You may need to use the SMTP Password Authenication contribution.

Ben

Sure we can try.

I assume by PWA you are referring to the Purchase Without Account contribution located here. I do not see a version labeled 1.2.5a. What is the date of that version? I've not used the contribution, so I want to look at the same version of code you are using.

Did you just load this contribution? Was the admin receiving email before you added the contribution?

Ben

Dear Ben,

I solved the problem for me ok. In admin section ai put <email addresss> in send orders, and the the customer email i received a copy myself.

This is ok, because i have a copy, and all the information, address, name, etc.

Now, i have another strange problem....

In create account on PWA, the client must intype, name, address, and TELEPHONE NUMBER>.

That it is ok, but on the email, i don't see any telephone number...

I received all required fields, without telephone number.

I looking in checkout_process.php in my language and ecustomer email come from here. don.t?

define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT', 'Procesare comanda');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER', 'Comanda numar:');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL', 'Factura detaliata:');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED', 'Data comenzii:');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_PRODUCTS', 'Produse');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBTOTAL', 'Sub-Total:');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_TAX', 'Tax: ');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_SHIPPING', 'Livrare: ');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_TOTAL', 'Total: ');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_DELIVERY_ADDRESS', 'Adresa livrare');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_BILLING_ADDRESS', 'Adresa facturare');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_PAYMENT_METHOD', 'Metoda plata');

define('EMAIL_SEPARATOR', '------------------------------------------------------');

define('TEXT_EMAIL_VIA', 'via');

?>

I try to add a line, like this:

define('EMAIL_TELEPHONE_NUMBER', 'Numar telefon');

But no suucess. In email there is no Teelephone number.

Also, i received via email, all the fields required, without telephone numeber.

In create account.php/guest the fphone numeber field are required, mandatory!!

Please an advice...

I need to call my customers

Thank you,

Edmond

• 1 month later...

Hi

I am having email issues.

To some domains the email gets through fine but more and more people are not receiving signup emails, confirmation emails or password forgotten emails.

If I manually send these emails through my domain it would appear I get no problems although it does sometimes end up in the spam folder.

I have not made any additions the email side of things from OSC 2.2 - I could really do with some help here as people are getting frustrated that they do not receive order confirmations.

I am unsure if there is a way to check if I am on any kind of blacklist?

Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I dont speak english but portuguese. traduct from english.

Esse problema ocorre devido a autenticação SMTP os servidores apartir do ano passado comecaram a exigir autenticação dos emails enviados mesmo online, desta forma vocês terão de instalar um modulo de smtpauth

http://addons.oscommerce.com/category?search=email+smtp

Escolha um destes e siga o manual para instalação, espero ter ajudado.

Abraço.

################################

MIB Data - Soluções Tecnológicas

www.mibdata.com.br

Desenvolvimento web e webhost

################################

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, Spent a while looking at OSC e-mail problems where no emails are sent at all... mostly associated with windows server. Have tried multiple Contribs with no success including via authenticated smtp. I then found the host which is on a shared hosting pack blocks script generated emails which you would normally be able to overide in php.ini but most shared hosting companies won't give you access to. I have since learned you can overide such ini setting by including the following code within email.php in both .../includes/classes/ and .../admin/includes/classes/

After top comments add the following line of code:

ini_set("sendmail_from", "[email protected]");

change "[email protected]" to any e-mail address you use on the same domain as your OSC installation.

I hope this helps some of you, i spent along time trying various contribs without trying that easy mod. Apparently most modern servers include this limit to stop spammers and such...

sigh* must be getting too old :(

Archived