• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[COntribution] osC-ProductListingSelect for MS2

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello sorry i made a mistake .very busy didn't have a chance to come back and i see that i had a mistake and didn't have it in the right mode so so sorry!!! it is fixed now if you would take a look there seems to be a pattern involving the number of the columns that i choose. could be a mistake in the db ?please take look when you got a few i like this idea so much since it gives it such a flexability.

thanks

It has nothing to do with the DB. The only info stored in the DB for this is the configuration value of the particular setting.

It's probably in your index.php code somewhere.

-R

Edited by ugottasalsa

• 2 weeks later...

Success! The changes that master products makes to the catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php are very minor changes (and just in one place) to the buy it now section so I was able to make those changes to this modified version.

Great to get the product listing back the was I had it before upgrading to MS2!

Thanks for the contribution!

• 1 month later...

I Have an Error:

Fatal error: Cannot pass parameter 3 by reference in includes/modules/product_listing.php on line 13

?? What is the reason?

IS anyone using the B2B suite with this? because I'm trying to figure out how to mod the new product listing file to include B2B Suite's code. The lsit part is fine but the columns part isn't.. since it uses the infobox class...

any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, can you help me ?

I'm looking how to make this working with this mod :

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
      $lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY;
      $lc_align = 'right';
      $prod_quantity = $listing['products_quantity'];
                       $minus = ($prod_quantity <= 0);
                         $red = ($prod_quantity == NULL);
                         $yellow = ($prod_quantity <= 2);
                         $green =  ($prod_quantity > 2);
                       switch ($prod_quantity) { 
                         case $minu: 
                     $img = tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'icon_status_red.gif', TEXT_NOT_AVAIBLE).' '.TEXT_NOT_AVAIBLE; 
                     break;  
                     case $red: 
                     $img = tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'icon_status_red.gif', TEXT_NOT_AVAIBLE).' '.TEXT_NOT_AVAIBLE; 
                     break; 
                     case $yellow : 
                     $img = tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'icon_status_yellow.gif', TEXT_FEW_QTY).' '.TEXT_FEW_QTY; 
                     break;
                     case $green : 
                     $img = tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'icon_status_green.gif', TEXT_BIG_QTY).' '.TEXT_BIG_QTY; 
                     break; 
                     } 
                     $lc_text =  $img;
      break;

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Please help. Getting a parse error when clicking on edit to change from list to column.

Parse error: parse error in /home/thepierc/public_html/admin/configuration.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 1

I don't believe I made any alterations on the configuration.php file.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I use the contribution (an earlier version?) for a couple of months. I had some problems with the display of e.g. 5 columns instead of the default 3.

If you want to show let's say 5 columns, then you have to modify product_listing.php in line 194. Change the 33% in 20%.

Hope to help you save some time with this reply.

Hi,

i have the same problem as manica

Fatal error: Cannot pass parameter 3 by reference in /home/www/web31/html/catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php on line 13

Line 13 looks like this:

$listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, 'p.products_id');

Anyone has an idea :rolleyes:

THX

• 1 month later...
An updated version of osC-ProductListingSelect with the above bug fix is now available for download HERE.

-R

I'm using the most recent release of this, but my "Buy Now" buttons still do not work. Any suggestions?

When clicking "Buy Now" it adds to an empty cart. :(

Contributions I used : Updated 06-13-04 23:42

----------------

Vote on My Graphis Poll

okay... I'll jump in. I know its been awhile.

When you move your mouse over the buy now button, what URL appears? If it does not contain the correct product info variables in the URL, then nothing will be added to your cart.

Have you made any other modifications to index.php or produt_listing.php? Remember, the products in a particular category are displayed with the product_listing.php module, but it gets its info directly from index.php.

Hope this helps.

-R

okay... I'll jump in. I know its been awhile.

When you move your mouse over the buy now button, what URL appears? If it does not contain the correct product info variables in the URL, then nothing will be added to your cart.

Have you made any other modifications to index.php or produt_listing.php? Remember, the products in a particular category are displayed with the product_listing.php module, but it gets its info directly from index.php.

Hope this helps.

-R

I've made a few changes to index.php.

product_info.php is the version directly out of the upload though.

Contributions I used : Updated 06-13-04 23:42

----------------

Vote on My Graphis Poll

• 1 month later...

I've been testing out this contribution and so far it works great but one question I do have is how to take the product listing out of the 'box'? When the columns are displayed the table is inside of a box which is using the style sheet of 'infobox' which is the same style sheet used on all the other boxes (same border and bg color). I don't want there to be any border or bg color. What do I need to just have the columns displayed in a table without the 'box' attributes.

Does that make sense? do i need to remove some code on the product_listing.php page that is telling the column view to be put into a 'box'?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone ever get this to work. My buy now buttons dont work, they just dont add anything to the cart. Looks like a good mode but I have no clue how to tweak it to work with other contribs. Hey author how bout some instructions instead of a file replace for product_listing.php. Now that would be useful, we could just modify the code in required places and not have to was out all of our contribs to use this one. We'll see what happens. BTW doesnt the stock version of osc come with list by columns option for product lisitng. I see some of the same code their that checks to see if columns are selected but on the admin side there is no mention of display variables in admin/mystore/productdisplay.

First off, Randy, thanks for this contribution... It's one of the easiest and most usefull contribs to install/use. Your "takes 1 minutes to install" is absolutely true. Well it took me about 10 minutes because I like to compare things first. :)

Helply,

Hey author how bout some instructions instead of a file replace for product_listing.php.

You need to get a program to tell you the differences between your existing .php and his .php. Try "ExamDiff Pro". Then from that, it's up to you to make the decision as to whether you are going to copy the new file in, or make the changes to your existing file by hand.

I don't think the standard osc comes with columns, unless they have added it in the last 3 weeks. :)

It's nice to have step by step, thorough instructions, but remember that this is a *contribution*. The author didn't have to post this contrib, but did to share it with others, so you shouldn't complain about the instructions.

-Chris.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone having this problem, when switching to column mode, the productlisting header disappears. I have looked through the code and this piece of code is missing from the column listing part of the file.

$list_box_contents[0][] = array('align' => $lc_align,
                                   'params' => 'class="productListing-heading"',
                                   'text' => ' ' . $lc_text . ' ');

Any idea how to get the product listing header to appear when in column mode. This is the part across the top of the product table that has the + symbol in it. thanks

Is possible that the productlisting-heading on the product listing page can be tied to the sorting some how. So when Im setting the products to display in column mode, it is taking away the option to sort, therefore removing that header with the sort symbols. I am asking because I put this contrib on a fresh install and it is doing the same thing as before, so Im wondering if there is a sort issue going on here.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I still cant figure this one out. Please can someone help me with this. I have the products listed by columns now but the header of the products box is missing thus it looks out of alignment with the right and left column infoboxes. People who are using this contrib please give me your input, are you putting a banner there instead, or what???. Where to you put such banner... all my attempts have resulted in a squished banner thats trapped inside a table cell, I cant get anything to span the entire top of the product listing table head. Ill pretty much follow any suggestion at this point no matter how far fetched Im getting pretty disturbed at my inability to get this done. thanks up front...

• 2 months later...

Can someone post some examples of column verses list? I don't think I have this contrib working right. When I set mine to list I get:

item name

price

buy it now

item name

price

buy it now

Shouldn't it be:

image item name price buy it now

Jerry