• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

LIVE><JAM PACKED WITH FEATURES><NO OUT OF THE BOX>

jtorres

The one thing I see as standing out, and it may be something you can't help. The Live help at the top is great for your customers, but it doesn't blend with your site. Can you edit that image to match your site, or are you stuck with using that one?

Just my two cents worth.

Jamie

Dan: Thanks very much for your feedback, im glad you like the site...but I dont understand what this is: "and yes it'sm odded to absolute $h17 house"...can you elaborate :) , in regards to if there is any custom work, yes there is, there is alot of contributions in there that were modified I guess (my developer knows exactly), and well the custom work I have been "warned" cant be discussed in the forum directly unless I plan on contributing it back, but considering it was a custom feature I paid for if you want to know more. :)

Jamie: The image I'd like to keep because of the operator on the image, I think if I used something else it might not get as noticed, although i've gave thought to creating my own image, in spare time I might see if I come up with some ideas, whatever the idea it has to really depict that its for Live Help...but I think the operators face kinda makes a difference.

What do you think?...oh, did you like the site, was there anything else anyone feel looks out of place?

If this site was yours (any of you), what would you do to change it? How would you make it more appealing, keeping the industry at hand in mind.

Thanks,

Jon

Jon Torres

President

«xcelprinting.com»

Quality Printing You Can Count On!

Portfolio

xcelprin.gif

Xcel's Xcel-lent specials:

Business Cards:

1000 THICK 16pt UV Coated FULL Color 2 Sided $69 FREE Shipping

Postcards/Flyers:

1000 THICK 16pt UV Coated FULL Color 2 Sided $99

Visit Our Site For More Xcel-lent Deals!

It is a nice looking site, however I get a 'page cannot be displayed' when i go to the secure side of the site.

If you are unaware of this an .htaccess may solve the possible time out error.

(it solves the issue when moving from http to https side)

if you want the .htaccess info to solve this issue.

Regards

Rich :D

(also if you could leave me some feedback that would be very much appreicated my site is soon to go live http://www.saversoft.co.uk )

Let me first say, that I am NOT a graphic designer. I have a graphic program and I play...

That being said, I played around witht he operator live chat image and came up with this.

operatorBRIDAL.gif

This would match your site a bit better I think. Otherwise, I really like your site.

Jamie I like the button, looks good, which image editing software are you using?

Jon Torres

President

«xcelprinting.com»

Portfolio

xcelprin.gif

Business Cards:

Postcards/Flyers:

Thanks! I use Photoshop. I got it a long time ago with the intention of becoming good at graphics. I have been messing with web sites now for six years, but my graphics are always off.. Well, to this day, they are still off. :)

I usally get someone to fix what I have in my mind since I can't go it myself. Use that pic if you want it. I think there is one for when you are online and offline right? I can fix the offline one too if you would like. It gives me pratice. :)

Jamie

It is a nice looking site, however I get a 'page cannot be displayed' when  i go to the secure side of the site.

If you are unaware of this an .htaccess may solve the possible time out error.

(it solves the issue when moving from http to https side)

if you want the .htaccess info to solve this issue.

Regards

Rich  :D

(also if you could leave me some feedback that would be very much appreicated my site is soon to go live http://www.saversoft.co.uk )

Rich: 1st off, I like your site, although I have my opinion of OSC out of the box site, you have done some nice changes to it, I particularly like your color scheme, its actually my favorite web colors/combination (charcoal grey/orange), we have very similar taste in colors...I know it doesnt look that way by the colors on my site, but it is a bridla site after all.

1.) My 1st observation is the 1st time I loaded the site it was slow due to the flash, not as much the logo but the "how to use our website", honestly id leave the flash on the logo, make the logo link to your home page that way besides being able to click on home, I initially went to click on the logo and noticed it wasnt linked. Then remove the "how to use our website", if a customer doesnt know how to click on the categoris, they have a problem I would understand it if it was a complex site to surf, but it isn't, its easy to navigate.

2.)How did you get your site to load so quickly when you click from 1 item to the next, that seems to change really fast.

3.)Tha java inside bestsellers, did you do that yourself...if your able to help me out in doing something like that on my site or let me know where I can find a script for that.

Best Wishes with your site,

Jon

Jon Torres

President

«xcelprinting.com»

Portfolio

xcelprin.gif

Business Cards:

Postcards/Flyers:

I am glad to help out. and no, you're not pushing it... but when I get my oscommerce site up and running, you will have to give me your opinion of it to help me make it a better site. :)

Jamie

Archived