• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

Okay......the errors are now gone on the catalog side, but (always a but).....

I added an author, but when I go to add topics/articles I get:

HEADING_TITLE HEADING_TITLE_SEARCH

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_topic_tree() in /usr/home/tfs/public_html/fertility/admin/articles.php on line 937

Also, when I go to the admin/reviews side none of the headings have titles either:

TABLE_HEADING_ARTICLES TABLE_HEADING_RATING TABLE_HEADING_DATE_ADDED TEXT_APPROVED TABLE_HEADING_ACTION

I've gone over the database and filename edits a few times. Is it me or is something missing?

When Capital letters are displayed where text should be, it means that something is missing from the installation. There are definitions in the languages directory that are missing. However, in this case, since those definitions are not part of this contribution, it means you probably overwrote your files with the ones from this one, instead of merging them. You'll need to restore your files in admin and make the changes to them manually.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

When Capital letters are displayed where text should be, it means that something is missing from the installation. There are definitions in the languages directory that are missing. However, in this case, since those definitions are not part of this contribution, it means you probably overwrote your files with the ones from this one, instead of merging them. You'll need to restore your files in admin and make the changes to them manually.

Jack

Those definitions are from this contribution. I had just uploaded things incorrectly. However the error issue still remains:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_topic_tree() in /usr/home/xxx/public_html/xxx/admin/articles.php on line 937

Line 937 being:

echo HEADING_TITLE_GOTO . ' ' . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('tPath', tep_get_topic_tree(), $current_topic_id, 'onChange="this.form.submit();"');

Having this error, I can not insert any topics/articles.

Thanks in advance.

Do you see that the error has capital letters in it? Do you understand that is a mistake in the installation? The "Call to undefined function tep_get_topic_tree" is also a mistake in the installation since it is saying there is code missing. Until the contribution is fully installed, it won't work properly.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Do you see that the error has capital letters in it? Do you understand that is a mistake in the installation? The "Call to undefined function tep_get_topic_tree" is also a mistake in the installation since it is saying there is code missing. Until the contribution is fully installed, it won't work properly.

Jack

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_topic_tree() in /usr/home/xx/public_html/xx/admin/articles.php on line 937

That has no caps in it. I am sure that articles.pho is correctly uploaded in the admin section. In your best guess, what file would you think is incorrect? I've uploaded this 3 times since seeing/fixing the Caps errors.

Edited by nnclyn

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_topic_tree() in /usr/home/xx/public_html/xx/admin/articles.php on line 937

That has no caps in it. I am sure that articles.pho is correctly uploaded in the admin section. In your best guess, what file would you think is incorrect? I've uploaded this 3 times since seeing/fixing the Caps errors.

That function is in the admin/includes/function/articles.php. If you have that file in that location, then it is something in your shop that is preventing it from loading for some reason, although I can't think what that might be.

As an afterthought, what version of oscomerce are you using (see the link in my signature if you are not sure)?

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That function is in the admin/includes/function/articles.php. If you have that file in that location, then it is something in your shop that is preventing it from loading for some reason, although I can't think what that might be.

As an afterthought, what version of oscomerce are you using (see the link in my signature if you are not sure)?

Jack

Reuploaded the admin/includes/functions/articles.php and that did the trick!

Thanks for your patience and help.

How do I remove articles? I click Add/Remove and get prompted to Select Category. If I select category I only get a choice to add new items. The only way I can do it currently is to delete the entries from the database.

Thnx

George

How do I remove articles? I click Add/Remove and get prompted to Select Category. If I select category I only get a choice to add new items. The only way I can do it currently is to delete the entries from the database.

Thnx

George

You enter the articles category where the article exists, select that article and click on Delete.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi

i have the seo module installed and when i click the Articles next page i get this error

Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/articles.php:42) in /home/seo.class.php on line 1057

the products next page is working properly so i guess the article file has anything wrong in it.

thank you

See the link in my signature for that error.

Jack

thank you for your reply...checked the seo.class file, application_top.php and articles.php...none of them have blank spaces...is it possible that these spaces are in other important files? is this error coming only from these spaces?

thanks

You enter the articles category where the article exists, select that article and click on Delete.

Jack

Sorry, asked the wrong quesetion. I'm trying to delete xsell items. In the admin section i click xsell, I see the list of articles w/the xsell items next to them, click on Add/Remove which takes me to the next section with the drop down menu w/product categories. I select the category, it lists the items in it. I uncheck the item, click Save. Added some debugging print_r($_POST) and it seems that every time I visit that section and hit save, item IDs are being appended to xsell_id[] and which is passed via $_POST. As the result, every time I save, the amount of linked products multiplies what looks like 2x previous amount + 1.

- George

thank you for your reply...checked the seo.class file, application_top.php and articles.php...none of them have blank spaces...is it possible that these spaces are in other important files? is this error coming only from these spaces?

thanks

The error is saying the problem is in the articles.php file at line 42. That is not a place where that error should occur, assuming you have not altered the file. Please try uploading the original from the contribution package and see if it fails too.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

these are the lines around the line 42

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

line 42 is <head>

Sorry, asked the wrong quesetion. I'm trying to delete xsell items. In the admin section i click xsell, I see the list of articles w/the xsell items next to them, click on Add/Remove which takes me to the next section with the drop down menu w/product categories. I select the category, it lists the items in it. I uncheck the item, click Save. Added some debugging print_r($_POST) and it seems that every time I visit that section and hit save, item IDs are being appended to xsell_id[] and which is passed via $_POST. As the result, every time I save, the amount of linked products multiplies what looks like 2x previous amount + 1.

- George

I don't have an answer for that one and I don't have a shop setup where I can test it. If no one else looks at it, I will take a look at it when I can.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Has anyone else noticed when you add a product to the cross-sell in the articles manager then try to add another product from a different catagory the products are duplicated in the articles cross-sell admin?

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

Has anyone else noticed when you add a product to the cross-sell in the articles manager then try to add another product from a different catagory the products are duplicated in the articles cross-sell admin?

That's exactly the problem I have. And every time you save it duplicates the products? doesnt mattre if you add or remove the item?

Will keep this forum posted when I find a fix

- George

hi

i have the seo module installed and when i click the Articles next page i get this error

Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/articles.php:42) in /home/seo.class.php on line 1057

the products next page is working properly so i guess the article file has anything wrong in it.

thank you

after disabling the SEO urls the article pages are working

I installed the article manager V 1.57.2 and I get the following error, when I try to edit in admin the: Topics/Articles or the Authors or the Reviews

Warning: require_once(includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in \catalog\admin\includes\header_tags.php on line 15

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php' (include_path='.;C:\php-pear\pear') in \catalog\admin\includes\header_tags.php on line 15

I have Header Tags SEO 3.15 installed.

Does anyone know what I do wrong?

Notes: - During checking of all the new files I saw that a lot of files have white spaces at the end and two catalog/modules files even at the beginning.

- Tell a friend has more code in the first instructions then in the file in the contrib

- In product_info.php and redirect.php there is code changed, but I didn't find it in the instruction files.

However all these things didn't help me with my problem

ps Sorry that the code box is stretching out so wide, but I don't know how to change it, I just used Insert: Codebox button on the left

I installed the article manager V 1.57.2 and I get the following error, when I try to edit in admin the: Topics/Articles or the Authors or the Reviews

I have Header Tags SEO 3.15 installed.

Does anyone know what I do wrong?

ps Sorry that the code box is stretching out so wide, but I don't know how to change it, I just used Insert: Codebox button on the left

The error is saying the failure is in admin/includes/header_tags.php, which doesn't exist. You either have Header Tags installed incorrectly or there is a problem with your configure file. If you can't figure it out, please ask in the support thread of Header Tags since that is what the error involves.

For the long box, use the quote button when quoting text.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The error is saying the failure is in admin/includes/header_tags.php, which doesn't exist. You either have Header Tags installed incorrectly or there is a problem with your configure file. If you can't figure it out, please ask in the support thread of Header Tags since that is what the error involves.

For the long box, use the quote button when quoting text.

Jack

The Header Tags Seo contrib seemed to work oke (before and after installing the articlemanager Contrib), so I thought the problem would be in the article manager. But when I checked I uploaded the file header_tags.php to the catalog/includes section, but also to the admin/inlcudes section. So that was the problem. After deleting the last one my problems with the article manager were fixed

Thanks for the help