• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

GOTCHA!

If you are using STS 1.8 you and Header Tags may be be experiencing the above problem with the function clean_html_comments() . It produces a vcouple of errors like:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clean_html_comments() (previously declared in C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\includes\functions\clean_html_comments.php:13) in C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\includes\functions\clean_html_comments.php on line 13

or

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() in C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\includes\modules\article_listing.php on line 66

Here is how I fixed it. First of all I searched the whole site for "clean_html_comments" and found it in several files but in 2 files is was actually being included like this:

catalog/includes/application_top.php

catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php

in order for this contribution (article manage) to work it needs to look for the function in application_top.php

THE FIX:

open catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php

comment out:

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

Hope I'm making sense? It's pretty late.

Cheers,

Rob

:D

Hi,

I installed your contribution and it's very find and very easy to installed.

But i am facing some problem. Can you please help me to solve that.

I am not getting "clean_html_comments" function in your contribution package. so how can i get it.

Thanks

Hi,

I installed your contribution and it's very find and very easy to installed.

But i am facing some problem. Can you please help me to solve that.

I am not getting "clean_html_comments" function in your contribution package. so how can i get it.

Thanks

See the previous posts on this. It depends on what version you are using.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello..

I getting this error when seing articles. Somebody know how to fix?

1146 - Table 'TABLE_HEADERTAGS' doesn't exist

select page_name, page_title from TABLE_HEADERTAGS where page_name like 'article_info.php?articles_id=1' and language_id = '4' LIMIT 1

[TEP STOP]

The url is: domain/shop/article_info.php?articles_id=1

Thanks / Kasper

Edited by kbirk

Hello..

I getting this error when seing articles. Somebody know how to fix?

1146 - Table 'TABLE_HEADERTAGS' doesn't exist

select page_name, page_title from TABLE_HEADERTAGS where page_name like 'article_info.php?articles_id=1' and language_id = '4' LIMIT 1

[TEP STOP]

The url is: domain/shop/article_info.php?articles_id=1

Thanks / Kasper

It looks like you are trying to install the version that requires Header Tags SEO and you don't have that contribution installed. You will either need to install it or use a different version of Articles Manager.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

The link for that page contains .../catalog/admin/FILENAME_ARTICLES... The FILENAME_ARTICLES means a definition is missing. You need to go through the instructions and find where that was supposed to be added. If you missed it, you may have missed others so you should review all of the instructions.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The link for that page contains .../catalog/admin/FILENAME_ARTICLES... The FILENAME_ARTICLES means a definition is missing. You need to go through the instructions and find where that was supposed to be added. If you missed it, you may have missed others so you should review all of the instructions.

Jack

That's fantastic - I don't know how I managed that...

That problem's resolved, however when I click the option I now get:

Warning: main(includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/25/d281443498/htdocs/baseretail/catalog/admin/includes/header_tags.php on line 14

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /homepages/25/d281443498/htdocs/baseretail/catalog/admin/includes/header_tags.php on line 14

I'm going back through it but can't find this reference...

hor-i-zon

The Articles system was working great. I have articles and authors in there. However now I am getting a ton of syntax errors:

Example:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'a, articles_to_topics a2t, authors au where a.articles_status = '1' and a.author' at line 1

select distinct au.authors_id as id, au.authors_name as name from Fertility Articles a, articles_to_topics a2t, authors au where a.articles_status = '1' and a.authors_id = au.authors_id and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a2t.topics_id = '3' order by au.authors_name

[TEP STOP]

It will list the topic category but not the articles within the topic.

I found there was a fix that should have helped with 1064 syntax errors by editing the spilitpage results, however that didn't fixt this.

I see that plenty of people have posted with this problem but there has not been a solution posted. Could someone please offer some advice for me and the others with this issue?

Thanks.

That's fantastic - I don't know how I managed that...

That problem's resolved, however when I click the option I now get:

Warning: main(includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/25/d281443498/htdocs/baseretail/catalog/admin/includes/header_tags.php on line 14

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /homepages/25/d281443498/htdocs/baseretail/catalog/admin/includes/header_tags.php on line 14

I'm going back through it but can't find this reference...

If you are using version 1_57..., then you have to have Header Tags SEO installed. If you upgraded your version of Articles Manager from an earlier version to that one, then the application_top.php file has to be edited to remove the old Header Tags Controller code. If you are using a different version than the above, then you missed uploading some files.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The Articles system was working great. I have articles and authors in there. However now I am getting a ton of syntax errors:

Example:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'a, articles_to_topics a2t, authors au where a.articles_status = '1' and a.author' at line 1

select distinct au.authors_id as id, au.authors_name as name from Fertility Articles a, articles_to_topics a2t, authors au where a.articles_status = '1' and a.authors_id = au.authors_id and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a2t.topics_id = '3' order by au.authors_name

[TEP STOP]

It will list the topic category but not the articles within the topic.

I found there was a fix that should have helped with 1064 syntax errors by editing the spilitpage results, however that didn't fixt this.

I see that plenty of people have posted with this problem but there has not been a solution posted. Could someone please offer some advice for me and the others with this issue?

Thanks.

See the contribution section for this contribution. There are several mysql fixes that it sounds like you missed. If not, please mention your version number.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

See the contribution section for this contribution. There are several mysql fixes that it sounds like you missed. If not, please mention your version number.

Jack

I believe I used 1.57. I have already done the one fix since then. To double check I am using that version, where shoudl I check?

I believe I used 1.57. I have already done the one fix since then. To double check I am using that version, where shoudl I check?

There's not a version string anywhere so you would have to check files. If you have 1.57 installed, you also have to have Header Tags SEO installed, which would show up in the left column of your admin section. If there is a line containing clean_html in the includes/application_top.php file, then you are not using 1.57 (or it isn't installed correctly).

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There's not a version string anywhere so you would have to check files. If you have 1.57 installed, you also have to have Header Tags SEO installed, which would show up in the left column of your admin section. If there is a line containing clean_html in the includes/application_top.php file, then you are not using 1.57 (or it isn't installed correctly).

Jack

I'm using 1.56

I don't support that version so I can't help other than to say it is almost certainly one of the mysql code segments. You can download 1_57 and compare the file that is failing. If you can find that part of the code, you should be able to take it from that version which, as far as I know, works for all versions of mysql.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't support that version so I can't help other than to say it is almost certainly one of the mysql code segments. You can download 1_57 and compare the file that is failing. If you can find that part of the code, you should be able to take it from that version which, as far as I know, works for all versions of mysql.

Jack

I upgraded to your version, 1.57 and am still getting those same errors:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'a, articles_to_topics a2t, topics_description td, authors au, articles_descripti' at line 1

select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, a.articles_date_available as date_expected, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_id, au.authors_name, td.topics_id, td.topics_name from Fertility Articles a, articles_to_topics a2t, topics_description td, authors au, articles_description ad where to_days(a.articles_date_available) > to_days(now()) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id and a.authors_id = au.authors_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '1' and td.language_id = '1' order by date_expected limit 0

and

select distinct au.authors_id as id, au.authors_name as name from Fertility Articles a, articles_to_topics a2t, authors au where a.articles_status = '1' and a.authors_id = au.authors_id and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a2t.topics_id = '2' order by au.authors_name

Admin side seems to work just fine.

What page is failing? Can you provide a link to your site?

Jack

Here is the link to the site. You'll see the "articles" box in the left hand column:

My site

Here is the link to the site. You'll see the "articles" box in the left hand column:

My site

Nancy,

Im glad to see you have developed such a great site (thefertilityshop.com) for ripping people off. It's amazing how you can put such time and effort into taking people's money and never ship the products which the site you are associated with has no problem charging people for fraudelent transactions. I guess my wife was not the only one who fell victim to your scam please see the enclosed Beter Business Report for your site other victims of the fertilityshop.com .

I only hope that your peers on this and all the sites you post on see how you are a disgrace to ecommerce websites.

My site

Nancy,

Im glad to see you have developed such a great site for ripping people off. It's amazing how you can put such time and effort into taking people's money and never ship the products which the site you are associated with has no problem charging people for fraudelent transactions. I guess my wife was not the only one who fell victim to your scam please see the enclosed Beter Business Report for your site other victims of the fertilityshop.com .

I only hope that your peers on this and all the sites you post on see how you are a disgrace to ecommerce websites.

My site

I thought I had already uploaded the mysql fixes in my version but I see I didn't. Please see the next version.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded. It contains the following changes:

- Added admin/includes/application_top.php files for installation

- Fixed code to display link to RSS page

- Applied mysql 5 fixes to articles.php and articles_new.php files

Note that this is only for the Header Tags SEO version.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded. It contains the following changes:

- Added admin/includes/application_top.php files for installation

- Fixed code to display link to RSS page

- Applied mysql 5 fixes to articles.php and articles_new.php files

Note that this is only for the Header Tags SEO version.

Jack

Thanks Jack!! Do all the files need to be reuploaded in this full package, for the fix?

Thanks Jack!! Do all the files need to be reuploaded in this full package, for the fix?

I'm sorry. I should have noted that. Here is a list of the files that changed:

NewFiles/includes/boxes/articles.php

NewFiles/article_rss.php

NewFiles/articles_new.php

NewFiles/articles.php

catalog/includes/filenames.php

catalog/includes/languages/english.php

The ones in the newfiles directory can just be uploaded, unless the layout part of yours is different. The last two will have to be compared, or check the readme.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons