• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

It does not take me anywhere, nothing happens. On my test site (local on my laptop) it takes me to the dropdown list on the articles_xsell.php page....

Patrick - Did you get this work? When I press on it, it does nothing as well???

Patrick - Did you get this work? When I press on it, it does nothing as well???

I found a posting by elfstone - Posted on: Sep 9 2008, 01:36 PM - this fixed it? This should be in the contribution....

Hello everyone,

This contribution is great but I came upon few problems:

1. I installed latest contribution with SEO and lates sql fix. On my index page showed:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_topic() (previously declared in (wwwroot\includes\boxes\articles.php:13) in wwwroot\includes\boxes\articles.php on line 13

After googling I understand that the function is called twice. But the error message points out to the same line in the same file. I searched through entire local site and this function appears nowhere else.

2. In Admin area in Cross-sell article, when I try to link my new article to the product I only have link add/remove that does nothing, soo products can not be addedd.

Can anyone suggest how to solve this?

Thanks everyone

Hello everyone,

This contribution is great but I came upon few problems:

1. I installed latest contribution with SEO and lates sql fix. On my index page showed:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_topic() (previously declared in (wwwroot\includes\boxes\articles.php:13) in wwwroot\includes\boxes\articles.php on line 13

After googling I understand that the function is called twice. But the error message points out to the same line in the same file. I searched through entire local site and this function appears nowhere else.

2. In Admin area in Cross-sell article, when I try to link my new article to the product I only have link add/remove that does nothing, so products can not be addedd.

Can anyone suggest how to solve this?

Thanks everyone

I found a posting by elfstone - Posted on: Sep 9 2008, 01:36 PM - this fixed it? This should be in the contribution....

I also solved the problem with this post from Sep 9 2008!

There only remains a large problem with Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_topic() (previously declared in (wwwroot\includes\boxes\articles.php:13) in wwwroot\includes\boxes\articles.php on line 13.

Also my index page now shows title "Default title2. Is that usual? I still have not worked with the Header tags while my site is still in the testing phase. Could that be a reason?

Edited by vallenssia

You have to be careful about which version you use. V 1.5.7 can only be used if you have Header Tags SEO installed. So if you do not have both installed, or if you have the wrong version of Articles Manager and Header Tags installed, then you could have problems.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You have to be careful about which version you use. V 1.5.7 can only be used if you have Header Tags SEO installed. So if you do not have both installed, or if you have the wrong version of Articles Manager and Header Tags installed, then you could have problems.

Jack

I have installed Header Tags SEO 3.1.0 and Article Manager 1.5.7_1 along with the sql fix from 29 Jan 2009.

Do you think this might be the error in the uploaded files or the server might be the reason?

Thanks for your quick answer

I have installed Header Tags SEO 3.1.0 and Article Manager 1.5.7_1 along with the sql fix from 29 Jan 2009.

Do you think this might be the error in the uploaded files or the server might be the reason?

Thanks for your quick answer

Well my mistake! In my case I found duplicate code in column_left.php. That solved the problem.

But now I have all articles placed outside the page, far right. I assume it is the html that needs to be changed. This would be in catalog/articles.php, Jack?

No, I didn't miss it. After stating the problem was fixed, you asked a question

But now I have all articles placed outside the page, far right. I assume it is the html that needs to be changed. This would be in catalog/articles.php, Jack?
I was responding to that.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I've installed Articles Manager 1.57_1 and in the Admin Cross Selling section, this message is displayed and I can't make cross selling work.

if (!$add_related_article_ID) if ($_POST && !$sort) { if ($_POST[run_update]==true) { $query ="DELETE FROM " . TABLE_ARTICLES_XSELL . " WHERE articles_id = '".$_POST[add_related_article_ID]."'"; if (!tep_db_query($query)) exit(TEXT_NO_DELETE); } if ($_POST[xsell_id]) foreach ($_POST[xsell_id] as $temp) { $query = "INSERT INTO " . TABLE_ARTICLES_XSELL . " (articles_id, xsell_id, sort_order) VALUES ($_POST[add_related_article_ID],$temp,1)"; //$query = "INSERT INTO " . TABLE_ARTICLES_XSELL . " VALUES ('',$_POST[add_related_article_ID],$temp,1)"; if (!tep_db_query($query)) exit(TEXT_NO_INSERT); } ?>

The database has been updated.

Click here to sort the products associated with this article.

Note: this needs to be done every time a product is added or deleted.

Click here to go back to the main page.

Any clues???

---

Max Terbeck

You are seeing the actual code displayed which means you made a mistake in an edit. You didn't add, or deleted, a php delimiter ( <?php and ?> ). You'll need to go over the changes for the file that is showing the error.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Does anyone else have this problem? I catalog/articles.php I played with the "require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php');" and other "reqires" and it seems that the problem is in placement of the table that displays articles.

Since I am a newbbie afterall I can not find the solution. I tried for two days to position the table in diferent columns and header and I do see changes. I can put it anywhere but not to the very center of the page...

Hi All,

I looked for an anwser to this but did not find one: I have nested topoics with articles and although they are showing in the info_box the articels do not show up in the page. The code is not going past this if statement:

if (isset($tPath) && strpos('_', $tPath)) {

The above line is from the articles.php about line 120.

Any ideas what might be wrong / why this if state is not working?

Thank You!

Sorry the problem is a missing file: new_articles.php

I cannot believe that this file has been missing since 2004. Is there a fix for this? I want the sub-topics to display under the main topic page?

I just tried creating a sub-topic in my test shop and it worked fine. I'm using version 1.57_1 but that part of the code is the same as in other versions. So it would seem to be a problem with your installation or maybe how you are ceating the topics.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have recently setup my site and cannot get the last piece (Article Manager) working. The admin console works, I can see the articles box on the home page but when I click All Articles it takes me to articles.php on just a simple white page like this:

All Articles

Current Articles

Displaying 1 to 5 (of 5 articles) Result Pages: 1

Below is a list of articles with the most recent ones listed first.

Article 1 by Site Admin

Can anyone offer advice on where/how to start debugging? Following are my installed components

OSCommerce V2.2 RC2

STS 4.5.8

Header Tags 3.1.0

Article Manager 1.57_1

I can't be sure without a link to the site but that sounds normal. That pages lists links to all articles and seems to be displaying on from the text you posted. What did you expect to see?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

On Xsell I can add items just fine. My problem is trying to remove them. I click add/remove and nothing happens.

I have read several posts about issues with xsell and the fix that Lindsay used , I can't find where to even look for that code.

As I did not install this contribution (and am pretty much a novice) I need some help..please!

I have googled and see similar issues with it not working at all but that is not my problem. Like I said, it adds them on great but unfortunately I made a small error and can't get the item removed from the article.

Am I better off deleting the item then just adding it back on again?

thanks to all for your understanding and help

Thanks,

Susan

Proudly uses Oscommerce!

I can't be sure without a link to the site but that sounds normal. That pages lists links to all articles and seems to be displaying on from the text you posted. What did you expect to see?

Jack

I would post a link but the site is still on my local machine. I don't think I was clear enough when I described what I think is the problem. The page displays without any of the site headers, navigation, etc. just a white page with the text on it. It also only says "displaying 1 to 5 of 5 articles" but only shows the first and when I click the link it brings up a blankpage (article_info.php?articles_id=2&osCsid=43gqs0b81iegcuobeh4ak50vn6)

Jeff

The file that displays that has the standard code needed to display the headers, etc. If yours isn't displaying, then maybe you are using a template that is affecting it?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The file that displays that has the standard code needed to display the headers, etc. If yours isn't displaying, then maybe you are using a template that is affecting it?

Jack

I have the same problem as jlb922.

First i installed Article Manager 1.57 what worked great only i couldnot see the overviews because Header Tags SEO wasn't installed.

Now i've installed Header Tags SEO and also that works wonderfull but now i get blank pages (only header and footer are visible on articles.php) on the frontend when i want to read an article i made in admin.

I can see the box with links.

It must be something with the Header Tags SEO.

I don't use any template.

Thanks, Gerard

It's unlikely but you can replace the articles.php file with one from a non-Header Tags version to see if it loads properly.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Problem solved!

I had some unused codes in my includes/header.php and my includes/footer.php

I had disabled the codes between the <!--- blablabla ---> , but made a conflict with Article manager.

All pages are visible again.

Thanx for the great contribution.

Regards,

Gerard (nl)

Thanx for the reply Jack!