• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

Hi all!

I've aslo faced that problem: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_has_topic_subtopics() in z:\home\localhost\www\catalog\includes\boxes\articles.php on line 41

I've also read that some people managed to overcome it, but haven't found how.I have the v2.2 RC2a of OsCommerce and don't have Header Tags SEO installed.

Can you advise me how to solve this problem???

Thanks,

Sergey.

Hi all!

I've aslo faced that problem: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_has_topic_subtopics() in z:\home\localhost\www\catalog\includes\boxes\articles.php on line 41

I've also read that some people managed to overcome it, but haven't found how.I have the v2.2 RC2a of OsCommerce and don't have Header Tags SEO installed.

Can you advise me how to solve this problem???

Thanks,

Sergey.

Be sure you have uploaded all of the files, specifically includes/functions/articles.php.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Same problem with the header tags saying things like "Articles" instead of it using my article titles and the meta description is blank. I am using the latest version of Articles Manager and cannot find a file called articles_header_tags.php. Where might I find that file or is there something i need to fix in the most recent installation of AM?

Thanks very much for your help.

Molly

Same problem with the header tags saying things like "Articles" instead of it using my article titles and the meta description is blank. I am using the latest version of Articles Manager and cannot find a file called articles_header_tags.php. Where might I find that file or is there something i need to fix in the most recent installation of AM?

Thanks very much for your help.

Molly

If you are using the latest version that I uploaded, V 1.57_1, then you have to have the Header Tags SEO contribution installed. In that case, you don't need the articles_header_tags.php file. If your site is giving an error, saying it can't find that file, then you either have a different version or maybe a mistake was made if you updated to 1.57_1.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

If you are using the latest version that I uploaded, V 1.57_1, then you have to have the Header Tags SEO contribution installed. In that case, you don't need the articles_header_tags.php file. If your site is giving an error, saying it can't find that file, then you either have a different version or maybe a mistake was made if you updated to 1.57_1.

Jack

I have both Header Tags SEO and Articles manager 1.57...I probably need to go over both installations to see where I made the error. thanks!

can someone explain how "Add Pseudo pages" works, and what exactly is it supposed to do? I googled and searched but I am unclear on what this is and how it works.

Dont want to pass up an opportunity to better my SEO by my ignorance.

Thanks so much!

Thanks,

Susan

Proudly uses Oscommerce!

That's a Header Tags SEO option so the question should probably be addressed there, which it has been by the way. But, in short, pseudo pages is the phase used to describe articles that are created by articles manager - they are not real pages. Since they are not real, Header Tags can't address them as it normaly does. So there is a separate place to add these pages in Header Tags. Once added, they are treated as real pages so the title and meta tags for them can be controlled from admin.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/xxx/public_html/loja/admin/includes/filenames.php on line 71

69 - // Article Manager

70 - define('FILENAME_ARTICLE_REVIEWS', 'article_reviews.php');

71 - define('FILENAME_ARTICLES', 'articles.php');

72 - define('FILENAME_ARTICLES_CONFIG', 'articles_config.php');

73 - define('FILENAME_ARTICLES_XSELL', 'articles_xsell.php');

74 - define('FILENAME_AUTHORS', 'authors.php');

75 - // Article Manager

What's wrong?

I don't see anything wrong with those. It is most likely something before that line. Also, if the file has extra spaces in it, which can happen with some editors, then you have to deduct those from the count since the error code won't.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi everyone,

My problem with that really nice contribution (many thanks to author!) is that my shop isn't centred in a correct way. However other pages are right.

That's the link to my articles.php page: http://www.e-klarnet.pl/articles.php

and from w3c validator:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%...ine&group=0

I'm bad in PHP so be patient. Please give me some advice.

Hi All, I've just installed ArticlesManager_1.57_1 with a fresh installed RC2a.

I am having a problem with inserting an Article in a Topic.

Seems no matter how I insert a new article or move articles to a topic,

I will not be able to view the list of articles under the topic in the Administration when I click the or double clicks the Topic.

The situation is the same although I move the articles to a specific Topic.

I only see the the summary on the right info box.

It would be great if you guys can help. ^^ thanks.

- Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I have an issue AGAIN with the articles XSell.

I added the following change to admin/articles_xsell.php so that I can at least click the add/remove

FIX ARTICLE MANAGER~

I encountered the same problem, check the forum, found nothing, so decided to take look at the codes... I've added a few things to articles_xsell.php and it seems to work for me now.

1. add the following line to articles_xsell.php ~line 21 just below require('includes/application_top.php');

CODE

$add_related_article_ID = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['add_related_article_ID']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['add_related_article_ID'] : '');

2. search for '$query = "INSERT INTO "' in articles_xsell.php ~line 156 and replace that line with

CODE

$query = "INSERT INTO " . TABLE_ARTICLES_XSELL . " (articles_id, xsell_id, sort_order) VALUES ($_POST[add_related_article_ID],$temp,1)";

Alright, hope this helps. It's a 10 minites check and change for me so I've not do any real tests. Just thought that some of you might want to know about it.

And it works!! Kinda.. I click Add/Remove and i was give the categories to choose from. As soon as i chose the category, i was kicked out of admin and had to log back in. On logging back in, it kept my last place and I am able to add a product to an article.. its just a hurdle that i would like to get rid of.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Article manager has the options of using HTMLArea or FCKEditor, what's the difference between the two? which one is better? thanks...

open file admin/articles.php

change:

<tr>
			<td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']); ?> </td>
			<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('articles_head_desc_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '5', (isset($articles_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $articles_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_articles_head_desc_tag($aInfo->articles_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>
		  </tr>

<tr>
			<td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']); ?> </td>
			<?php if (FCK_EDITOR == 'true') { ?>
			<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_fckeditor('articles_head_desc_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']','700','300',(isset($articles_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $articles_description[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_articles_description($aInfo->articles_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>
	   <?php } else { ?>
			<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('articles_head_desc_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '5', (isset($articles_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $articles_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_articles_head_desc_tag($aInfo->articles_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>
			<?php } ?>
		  </tr>

ALL

Hello. I added Article Manager v. 1.56 and everything works great up until the point I click on the article through the main page. When that happens, I get a "Page Not Found" error (see below)

http://www.hunterfisherdirect.com/article_...p?articles_id=1

I'm guessing I did something wrong during the install, but I can't figure out what. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi

I Installed the version ArticlesManager_1.57_1 but when I'll se a item added the system show me this error

1146 - Table 'paitilla_dbcatl.TABLE_HEADERTAGS' doesn't exist

select page_name, page_title from TABLE_HEADERTAGS where page_name like 'article_info.php?articles_id=1' and language_id = '3' LIMIT 1

[TEP STOP]

I don't understand

you can see it here

http://www.paitillatours.com/article_info.php?articles_id=1

Need help

Thx

Hi

I Installed the version ArticlesManager_1.57_1 but when I'll se a item added the system show me this error

1146 - Table 'paitilla_dbcatl.TABLE_HEADERTAGS' doesn't exist

select page_name, page_title from TABLE_HEADERTAGS where page_name like 'article_info.php?articles_id=1' and language_id = '3' LIMIT 1

[TEP STOP]

I don't understand

you can see it here

http://www.paitillatours.com/article_info.php?articles_id=1

That version requires the Header Tags SEO contribution. If you don't have it installed, it either needs to be or you need to use a different version of Articles Manager.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...
I have an issue AGAIN with the articles XSell.

I added the following change to admin/articles_xsell.php so that I can at least click the add/remove

And it works!! Kinda.. I click Add/Remove and i was give the categories to choose from. As soon as i chose the category, i was kicked out of admin and had to log back in. On logging back in, it kept my last place and I am able to add a product to an article.. its just a hurdle that i would like to get rid of.

B)

Hi, thanks for help but please coders use "<?php ?>" syntactic like this "<? ?>" in about 142 row. It was wrong in the original pack. I changed 
<?
           }// the end of if ->(!$add_related_article_ID)

to
<?php
           }
// the end of if (!$add_related_article_ID)

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Hi everybody,

I have Header Tags SEO installed and STS4.5.8. I've just installed the latest version of Article Manager ( V 1.57_1) and it seems to work perfectly but, when i want to go to articles.php or authors.php, i still get this message error.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_header_tag_page() (previously declared in /catalog/includes/functions/header_tags.php:15) in /catalog/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 50

Can someone help me, please? Thanks a lot

Edited by year

Be sure to remove the header tags code in includes/application_top.php that includes the header tags functions and clean_html lines.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi to all

Contrib is very nice!

But i have a problem - there is no HTML WYSIWYG AREA at my admin section. (in Internet explorer)

I tried to reinstall whole shop and a contribution a couple of times, using different versions of oscommerce.

the last ver i`ve tried - it RC2.

Any suggestions, please?!

• 2 weeks later...

can somebody help me, after i finished all step and upload all file. why i cann't insert new articles ?

no found menu in admin area.

my open admin site is : http://www.pointstoresolution.com/shop/admin

my site is: http://www.pointstoresolution.com/shop

please help me....!!!

Hello :)

I had this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_header_tag_page() in /sklep/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 15

While accessing an article. To correct it i commented out this line in article_info.php:

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

;// require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

This seems to have solved the problem but I am afraid whether this is such a good idea? Are there any

consequences that might show up that I am not aware of?

"There is something enduringly seductive in random, explosive acts of no consequence"

Hello :)

I had this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_header_tag_page() in /sklep/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 15

While accessing an article. To correct it i commented out this line in article_info.php:

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

;// require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

This seems to have solved the problem but I am afraid whether this is such a good idea? Are there any

consequences that might show up that I am not aware of?

Removing that means you lose the use of Header Tags, which is for the titles and meta tags of the articles. It won't hurt your articles but will hurt the pages since they need those to rank well. How to fix it depends on your version of Articles Manager and whether it was a new install or an upgrade.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons