• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

http://www.persianartisan.com

What this error means?

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 378838 bytes) in /home/persiana/public_html/includes/boxes/articles.php on line 20"

or

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 384511 bytes) in /home/persiana/public_html/includes/boxes/articles.php on line 28

this occur when i delete some categories and product

i change .htaccess file and insert This: "php_value memory_limit 16M" or "php_value memory_limit 32M" or "# php_value memory_limit 16M" or "# php_value memory_limit 16M"

This is now "php_value memory_limit 32M" but error is be.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=314110

Apache version 1.3.41 (Unix)

PHP version 5.2.6

MySQL version 4.1.22-standard

GAWDS!! :blink: This is a nutty mixed up contribution :lol:

Files to be CHANGED (by 'comparing' as per txt instructions) are not in the V1.5.6 or V1.5.5 now at am staring at a blank wall with no where to go! Further back does not sit comfortably given the hodge podge of uploads LOL!

Thoughts:

From what I can 'tell' the

product_info.php

includes/application_top.php

includes/database_tables.php

filenames_php

are AWOL

Because there are separate instructions for tell_a_friend.php that one may be ok. If the changes to english.php are related to tell_a_friend which I think they might be then that is workable going on the extra instructions.

There are manual edits listed for

includes/filenames.php

includes/database_tables.php

includes/application_top.php

Could anyone shed light on wether these are in addition to the missing php file changes or are these the changes?

I would still be without the changes to product_info.php in either case? :blink:

Have not even got to the admin section yet and not doing another thing until I find out where these 'changes' are listed.

Looking back through this thread seems I am not alone in this either.

Any torch light though the darkness wold be appreciated :)

H x

A new version has been uploaded. This version requires Header Tags SEO to work. That could be changed but it would prevent the option in Header Tags SEO to control the titles and meta tags of the aritcle pages from admin from working.

- Converted much of the code to work with Header Tags SEO. Header Tags SEO is required to use this version.

- Fixed mistakes in the database file.

- Added option to automatically check that at least one author exists in admin before allowing an article to be created.

- Removed unnecssay files and database code due to the use of Header Tags SEO.

- Included missing files from earlier versions.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded. This version requires Header Tags SEO to work. That could be changed but it would prevent the option in Header Tags SEO to control the titles and meta tags of the aritcle pages from admin from working. ...

Jack

Thanks. We are looking for this contribution which supports HTS in Article Manager but after installing this contribution in our local serer we are getting this error message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_header_tag_page() (previously declared in C:\xampp\htdocs\st\includes\functions\header_tags.php:15) in C:\xampp\htdocs\st\includes\functions\header_tags.php on line 40

This error only shows in articles.php page.

Any suggestion will be much appreciated.

Shiva.

Edited by anblik

I'm not getting that error here. If this is an update, be sure you replaced all of the articles manager files with those from this version since they have changed. If you have done that, you will need to isolate where the function is being called from to determine the problem. The error is due to the function being called twice.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for your reply. We have replaced all files and updated mysql with latest HTS and Article Manager sql file. We are using latest HTS 3.0.7 along with Article Manager 1.57, STS and Ultimate SEO contributions. HTS is working in all other pages except articles pages.

Here goes the "Test Results " from HTS admin.

Permissions Error:

Permissions settings for the C:/xampp/htdocs/st/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 777

Option Error:

The Search Engine Friendly option is set. This should be disabled since it can cause various problems.

Missing Code in File

The Header Tags head code for the index.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_write.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the specials.php file cannot be found.

A new version has been uploaded. This version requires Header Tags SEO to work. That could be changed but it would prevent the option in Header Tags SEO to control the titles and meta tags of the aritcle pages from admin from working.

- Converted much of the code to work with Header Tags SEO. Header Tags SEO is required to use this version.

- Fixed mistakes in the database file.

- Added option to automatically check that at least one author exists in admin before allowing an article to be created.

- Removed unnecssay files and database code due to the use of Header Tags SEO.

- Included missing files from earlier versions.

Jack

I ran the "article_manager_V_1.7.sql" file and it removed all the articles. (Thanks goodness I backed-up). I already have article manager installed but would like it to work with your excellent HTS version. Could not find the upgrade instructions.

Thanks for your reply. We have replaced all files and updated mysql with latest HTS and Article Manager sql file. We are using latest HTS 3.0.7 along with Article Manager 1.57, STS and Ultimate SEO contributions. HTS is working in all other pages except articles pages.

HTS only adds the real pages of articles manager. For the generated articles themselves, you have add those using the pseudo box in the lower right of Page Control. There are instructions in that box explaining how to add a page.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I ran the "article_manager_V_1.7.sql" file and it removed all the articles. (Thanks goodness I backed-up). I already have article manager installed but would like it to work with your excellent HTS version. Could not find the upgrade instructions.

I apologize for the problems this caused. I didn't write any upgrade instructions due to time constraints. Your existing articles manager database setup will work with this version. The sql for this version just has some entries removed. However, there were mistakes in the last version, and maybe the ones before, where the configuration_group command was missing. So you should verify, whether you use this version or not, that admin->Configuration->Articles Manager exists.

Other than that, you need to upload the new files, replacing the ones in your shop. The code for Header Tags in the includes/application_top.php file will need to be removed since it will create duplicate call errors otherwise. Use the included one to compare against to see what should be removed. As I recall, it is just the clean_html_comments entry.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

So you should verify, whether you use this version or not, that admin->Configuration->Articles Manager exists.

Yes, the configuration is present in the Admin Section of Articles Manager.

Other than that, you need to upload the new files, replacing the ones in your shop. The code for Header Tags in the includes/application_top.php file will need to be removed since it will create duplicate call errors otherwise. Use the included one to compare against to see what should be removed. As I recall, it is just the clean_html_comments entry.

Upgrade Instructions: (?)

Do not update the database by importing the "article_manager_V_1.7.sql" file IF Articles --> Configuration exists in the Admin section.

1: Upload all files in the NewFiles to the appropriate directories as instructed in the readme.txt file.

2: Remove the following lines in the includes/application_top.php file

// add only if Header Tags not already installed
 require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

I must mention that I really appreciate all the work and excellent support you are providing to all of us.

Hello Jack:

We are strugling with HTS and article manager integration for last 2 days. Just today we freshly re-installed the HTS 3.0.7 and keep the old ArticleManager v1.5.5 and I found that using your suggestions by updating Add a Pseudo Page option with article_info.php?articles_id=2 [n..] it works fine :) with individual articles and also with Main Articles.php page. Problem is that it didnt works with TOPICS and SUB-TOPICS. I have used articles.php?tPath=2[n..] for Topics but it didnt show header meta tags. I wonder, if it only works with individual articles and not with Topics.

I sincerely hopes in the new ArticleManagerV1.57, the TOPICS header tags works. If it works then I have to re-intall the new ArticleManagerV1.57.

Thanks for all your help.

Shiva/

HTS only adds the real pages of articles manager. For the generated articles themselves, you have add those using the pseudo box in the lower right of Page Control. There are instructions in that box explaining how to add a page.

Jack

We are strugling with HTS and article manager integration for last 2 days. Just today we freshly re-installed the HTS 3.0.7 and keep the old ArticleManager v1.5.5 and I found that using your suggestions by updating Add a Pseudo Page option with article_info.php?articles_id=2 [n..] it works fine :) with individual articles and also with Main Articles.php page. Problem is that it didnt works with TOPICS and SUB-TOPICS. I have used articles.php?tPath=2[n..] for Topics but it didnt show header meta tags. I wonder, if it only works with individual articles and not with Topics.

I don't personally use articles manager so I never thought to test for the topics. But you are correct, HTS won't work with them since there is no code in place to do so. I'm surprised someone hasn't mentioned this before. In any event, I will work on that for the next HTS release but I don't know when that will be.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack:

Thanks for your quick reply. Okay, so it confirmed that both HTS 3.0.7 and ArticleManager v1.5.7 doesnt support meta tags insertion for TOPICS and SUB-TOPICS. I think this wonderfull contribution will take perfect shape in terms of SEO if the TOPICS get included along with Articles. I will be waiting to see this new contribution and if you need any help from our side please feel free to post a message.

Great support!

Thanks,

Shiva/

I don't personally use articles manager so I never thought to test for the topics. But you are correct, HTS won't work with them since there is no code in place to do so. I'm surprised someone hasn't mentioned this before. In any event, I will work on that for the next HTS release but I don't know when that will be.

Jack

I encountered the same problem, check the forum, found nothing, so decided to take look at the codes... I've added a few things to articles_xsell.php and it seems to work for me now.

1. add the following line to articles_xsell.php ~line 21 just below require('includes/application_top.php');

$add_related_article_ID = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['add_related_article_ID']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['add_related_article_ID'] : '');

2. search for '$query = "INSERT INTO "' in articles_xsell.php ~line 156 and replace that line with

$query = "INSERT INTO " . TABLE_ARTICLES_XSELL . " (articles_id, xsell_id, sort_order) VALUES ($_POST[add_related_article_ID],$temp,1)";

Alright, hope this helps. It's a 10 minites check and change for me so I've not do any real tests. Just thought that some of you might want to know about it.

using this hack, Article-Xsell works in admin :) Thanks a lot elfstone !!

Hello Jack:

Thanks for your quick reply. Okay, so it confirmed that both HTS 3.0.7 and ArticleManager v1.5.7 doesnt support meta tags insertion for TOPICS and SUB-TOPICS. I think this wonderfull contribution will take perfect shape in terms of SEO if the TOPICS get included along with Articles. I will be waiting to see this new contribution and if you need any help from our side please feel free to post a message.

Great support!

Thanks,

Shiva/

A new version of Header Tags (v 3.0.8) has been uploaded. It has been tested in a live shop with articles manager and works correctly for all pages. Just be sure to enter the name of the article page correctly when adding it into Header Tags Page Control section. Note that articles are shown using the articles_info page while topics are shown using the articles page.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

wow ! thats a great news. Thanks Jack once again. I will be the one to first download and check in our live site. I will update you soon. Thanks :)

A new version of Header Tags (v 3.0.8) has been uploaded. It has been tested in a live shop with articles manager and works correctly for all pages. Just be sure to enter the name of the article page correctly when adding it into Header Tags Page Control section. Note that articles are shown using the articles_info page while topics are shown using the articles page.

Jack

Jack,

We have installed HTS v3.0.8 but the Metas for Topics didnt work.

In the "Add a Pseudo Page", we have used :

article_info.php?articles_id=2 [n..] for Articles, and it works

and

articles.php?tPath=2 and articles.php?topics_id=2 for Topics but none of them works...

is the parameters for Topics is okay ?

Shiva/

Jack

Jack,

We have installed HTS v3.0.8 but the Metas for Topics didnt work.

In the "Add a Pseudo Page", we have used :

article_info.php?articles_id=2 [n..] for Articles, and it works

and

articles.php?tPath=2 and articles.php?topics_id=2 for Topics but none of them works...

is the parameters for Topics is okay ?

Shiva/

Did you edit the pages in Page Control?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, after adding topic page URL from "Add a Pseudo Page", we have edited the same page from Page Control.
Be sure the permissions on the includes/header_tags.php file are correct. If so, I sugesst deleteing all of the pseudo pages in page control and then replace the includes/header_tags.php file and run the Add Missing Pages option. Then try adding in another pseudo page.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Be sure the permissions on the includes/header_tags.php file are correct. If so, I sugesst deleteing all of the pseudo pages in page control and then replace the includes/header_tags.php file and run the Add Missing Pages option. Then try adding in another pseudo page.

Jack

Nothing works. Question is, is it require to add article URLs into "Add a Pseudo Page" to generate Header Tags for Article Pages ? It is really a difficult process to add Header Tags for Article in this way.

I asked this question because, like Product, Manufacturer and Category pages, which is genrating Header Tags automatically based on the input given in the Admin Catalog entry, is this same option available in Article Manager, where the Title, keywords and Description will be fetched automatically based on the input given in Article/Topics Manager. I noticed in the Latest Artcle Manager 1.5.7, Keywords and Title Field is Missing.

Should I revert back to Old Article Manager or HTS ? I am confused. Please help.

Nothing works. Question is, is it require to add article URLs into "Add a Pseudo Page" to generate Header Tags for Article Pages ? It is really a difficult process to add Header Tags for Article in this way.

I asked this question because, like Product, Manufacturer and Category pages, which is genrating Header Tags automatically based on the input given in the Admin Catalog entry, is this same option available in Article Manager, where the Title, keywords and Description will be fetched automatically based on the input given in Article/Topics Manager. I noticed in the Latest Artcle Manager 1.5.7, Keywords and Title Field is Missing.

Should I revert back to Old Article Manager or HTS ? I am confused. Please help.

You have to first have make sure the base page is entered in the list of files. Those are articles.php and article_info.php. Then the pseudo pages are added. Look in the includes/header_tags.php file to make sure an entry exists for both of the base files and a sub-entry exists for the pseudo pages. The sub-entry code looks like

$page = 'article_info.php?articles_id=';

If all that is done and you have filled in the text in Page Control for those pages, it should work. I've installed both contributions into several shops and they work fine each time.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

How can I make "articles_lastN.php" show articles from only a specific topic in the box?

Hope someone can help me.

best regards,

Jesper

Here's the code from articles_lastN.php:

<tr>

<td>

<?php

/* // quickly put together by George Chorny

// all cudos to the maker(s) of the original Article Manager v1.0

// displays the last n number of articles, specifically the titles and a short

// description. Note: this is to be saved as an infobox (includes/boxes) and

// called via <? require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'articles_lastN.php'); ?>

// and now some variables */

$theN = "3"; // grab this many latest articles

$wrapLimit = "120"; // limit the short desc to this num of chars

// -- do not modify below unless you know what you're doing!!! --

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_ARTICLES);

//new InformationBoxHeading($info_box_contents, true, true);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

$info_box_contents = array();

$row = 0;

$articles_lastN = array();

$articles_lastN_sql = "select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, ad.language_id

from articles a, articles_description ad

where a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'

order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name

limit " . (int)$theN . " ";

$articles_lastN_query = tep_db_query($articles_lastN_sql);

while ($articles_lastN = tep_db_fetch_array($articles_lastN_query)) {

$row++;

$lastN .= '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO, 'articles_id=' . $articles_lastN['articles_id']) . '">' . $articles_lastN['articles_name'] . '</a>';

$lastN .= '<br>';

$articles_head_desc_tag = preg_split("/\n/", wordwrap($articles_lastN['articles_head_desc_tag'],$wrapLimit));

$lastN .= '   ' . $articles_head_desc_tag[0] . '...';

//$lastN .= '   ' .wordwrap($articles_lastN['articles_head_desc_tag'],50);

$lastN .= '<br><br>';

}

$lastN .= '</td></tr><tr><td align="right"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLES, '','NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_ALL_ARTICLES . '</a>';

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => $lastN);

//new InformationBox($info_box_contents);

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

?>

</td>

</tr>

I have found my breadcrumbs work in articles.php, but not the actual articles themselves. The crumbs go back to Top. The articles work, everything works, just no breadcrumb. I reinstalled both Header Tags 3.0.8 and Articles Manager v1.57. Did I miss something, or is this just the way it is? Thanks

I have found my breadcrumbs work in articles.php, but not the actual articles themselves. The crumbs go back to Top. The articles work, everything works, just no breadcrumb. I reinstalled both Header Tags 3.0.8 and Articles Manager v1.57. Did I miss something, or is this just the way it is? Thanks
Did you make the changes to includes/application_top.php to have Header Tags handle the breadcrumbs? Did you fill in the page info for the article in Page Control? I just tried looking at it here and the breadcrumb works as expected with the articles.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons