• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

Hi

I downloaded and installed the package Article Manager v1.56 sent by kustomjs on 7 Aug 2008.

In this package a file is missing : /catalog/article_info.php

I extracted this missing file from another package My Working Copy sent by annaoj on 9 Jun 2008

The workaround seems to be working but im not sure it is ok and i need your opinion.

Please let me know if there is a better issue.

you are NOT the first and only person with this issue. I have been asking for help on this issue for atleast 2-3 months and have not gotten ANY response that is helpful. I tried re-uploading different files and replacing them with the most up to date files and nothing. I do know that it IS possible, as someone i chat with has it working, but she doesnt know what could possibly be different between her setup and mine..

it would be nice for someone to come here and TRY to help

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Has anybody figured out how to add modules/article_listing.php to index.php ?

When I add

<?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_ARTICLE_LISTING); ?>

to index.php (at the bottom of the file),

I get

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'limit 0, 10' at line 1

limit 0, 10

[TEP STOP]

Thanks in advance -- Ania

Edited by solarplexus

Hi Rob

I am completely at sea here - I have downloaded Article Manage v1.5.6v1, but really need some guidance as to where to upload the files to? Some are marked admin, which I guess is self explanatory, but to where do I add the catalog folder php and includes?

Thank you for any help you can give me

Lynne

I'm having this problem too. Here are more details:

I use Article Manager 1.5.6v1, HeaderTags SEO 3.0.4, and STS 4.5.8.

When I disable STS, the article tags work fine. However, when STS is enabled, the browser title bar just shows the path like this:

http://www.dermahealthinstitute.com/catalo...p?articles_id=7

Let me know if anyone has any solutions.

Thanks!

David

did you get the metatags working for your articles. I too have header tags seo and article manager 1.5.

Check out http://www.compressed-air-car.com

and http://www.battingglovesonly.com

for examples but my header tags in the articles dont work

i just cant believe it.. STILL NO ANSWER>

I encountered the same problem, check the forum, found nothing, so decided to take look at the codes... I've added a few things to articles_xsell.php and it seems to work for me now.

1. add the following line to articles_xsell.php ~line 21 just below require('includes/application_top.php');

$add_related_article_ID = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['add_related_article_ID']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['add_related_article_ID'] : '');

2. search for '$query = "INSERT INTO "' in articles_xsell.php ~line 156 and replace that line with

$query = "INSERT INTO " . TABLE_ARTICLES_XSELL . " (articles_id, xsell_id, sort_order) VALUES ($_POST[add_related_article_ID],$temp,1)";

Alright, hope this helps. It's a 10 minites check and change for me so I've not do any real tests. Just thought that some of you might want to know about it.

I encountered the same problem, check the forum, found nothing, so decided to take look at the codes... I've added a few things to articles_xsell.php and it seems to work for me now.

1. add the following line to articles_xsell.php ~line 21 just below require('includes/application_top.php');

$add_related_article_ID = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['add_related_article_ID']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['add_related_article_ID'] : '');

2. search for '$query = "INSERT INTO "' in articles_xsell.php ~line 156 and replace that line with

$query = "INSERT INTO " . TABLE_ARTICLES_XSELL . " (articles_id, xsell_id, sort_order) VALUES ($_POST[add_related_article_ID],$temp,1)";

Alright, hope this helps. It's a 10 minites check and change for me so I've not do any real tests. Just thought that some of you might want to know about it.

Thanks elf!

It`s working! :lol:

OMG thanks SOOO much.. i will do that as SOON as i get home!

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

I have Header Tags SEO installed and STS4. I installed Article Manager just fine, and it works perfectly. Except when you go to an article the TITLE of the page is showing http://website.com/article-a-1-.html. Am i missing something here? The Title, meta description, meta keywords, all are blank when i go to view the source. How can i get it to display the title of the article in the TITLE field? Or do custom meta title, description, keywords for EACH article? I appreciate the help. Thanks

Hi,

I installed the latest Article Manager, great contribution. The install instruction seems to mention that Article Manager has a built-in HTML WYSIWYG Editor, but I could not find any related code...

is there a HTML WYSIWYG Editor for Article Manager?

thanks very much for your help

Hi,

This is probably something silly but i've installed this and get an error message saying:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_article_path() (previously declared in /home/babygirl/public_html/includes/functions/articles_general.php:49) in /home/babygirl/public_html/includes/functions/articles.php on line 191

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ashley

Hi

I am using the header tags seo version V_3.0.7 had the same problem so i changed the code in the catalog/articles.php

<?php

// Mofification of Header Tags Contribution

// BOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0

// Replaced by header_tags.php

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'articles_header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'articles_header_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<title><?php echo TITLE ?></title>

<?php

}

to

<?php

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<?php

}

now I get the new seo header tags with logo the other article.php the other article files I left alone as I find it easier to add through article manager rather than adding a load of pseudo pages ( still think there are a few bugs in the pseudo pages ) The result is that I can get individual tags for my articles. Test and see it is only a small change on the one file.

John

I can't get the meta tags to work in my articles, I have header tags seo installed and the latest version of article manager, Do I have to install header tags 2.6 instead of seo. Can I do both.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

the site is http://www.compressed-air-car.com

Edited by joli1811
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

I tried this and I get this error when I go to articles.php:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_header_tag_page() (previously declared in /home/content/d/e/r/dermahealth/html/catalog/includes/functions/header_tags.php:15) in /home/content/d/e/r/dermahealth/html/catalog/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 15

Individual articles show no error, but they still do not produce the Article Manager meta-tags.

David

Hi

I am using the header tags seo version V_3.0.7 had the same problem so i changed the code in the catalog/articles.php

<?php

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'articles_header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'articles_header_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<?php

}

to

<?php

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<?php

}

now I get the new seo header tags with logo the other article.php the other article files I left alone as I find it easier to add through article manager rather than adding a load of pseudo pages ( still think there are a few bugs in the pseudo pages ) The result is that I can get individual tags for my articles. Test and see it is only a small change on the one file.

John

Hi

not sure about this but you will probably have to run add missing tags in the header tags seo/admin

you should have this code in your includes/header_tags.php

// articles.php

case (strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],FILENAME_ARTICLES) or strstr($PHP_SELF,FILENAME_ARTICLES)):

$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_ARTICLES);

break;

Jack recommends replacing the includes/header-tags.php which did work for me "backup the file includes/header_tags.php" and replace with the one from the fresh install go to admin and run add missing pages.

I had to drop my header tags database and do a complete reinstall to get it to work properly this was not so much of a problem as I had my product description well written he took the keywords etc from the title and description.

go to this site have a laugh there are a few good jokes, you can see how my articles are working with the header tags.

......designer-fashion-accessories.com/articles.php

John

I tried this and I get this error when I go to articles.php:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_header_tag_page() (previously declared in /home/content/d/e/r/dermahealth/html/catalog/includes/functions/header_tags.php:15) in /home/content/d/e/r/dermahealth/html/catalog/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 15

Individual articles show no error, but they still do not produce the Article Manager meta-tags.

David

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Hi

I had installed Article Manager v 1.5.6v1 succesfully, and looks great on XAMPP

but i have one problem in Admin -> Article Manager -> Authors

Authors

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select authors_id, authors_name, date_added, last_modified from authors order by authors_name limit -20, 20

[TEP STOP]

others like :

* Topics/Articles

* Configuration

* Reviews

* Cross-Sell Articles

running Fine ........ what should i do ?

Thanks in Advance

I have installed Article Manager v. 1.5.6 and I have a problem with the rss feeds!

When I try to dispolay articles as a rss feed, the feed is not displayed, because of an undefined entity "nbsp".

Can someone help me please?

I figures out that it has something to do with special characters and html!

When I set the charactersto display in RSS feeds to 0 and clean all article headlines not to contain special characters (such as äüö in German)

the rss feed is working.

Shouldn't we clean up html and specials chars???

I figures out that it has something to do with special characters and html!

When I set the charactersto display in RSS feeds to 0 and clean all article headlines not to contain special characters (such as äüö in German)

the rss feed is working.

Shouldn't we clean up html and specials chars???

And here's the solution, I found it by myself!!!

The problem is, that the encoding of the feed has to be correct!

In article_rss.php on line 29 change the code to fit xour encodung of the store.

For example (for german stores):

echo "<?xml version='1.0' encoding='iso-8859-1'?><rss version='2.0' xml:lang='de-DE.iso-8859-1'><channel>\n

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to install the latest version but in the readme it says:

In includes/application_top.php add the following

Look for:

// add the products model to the breadcrumb trail

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {

$model_query = tep_db_query("select products_model from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'");

if (tep_db_num_rows($model_query)) {

$model = tep_db_fetch_array($model_query);

$breadcrumb->add($model['products_model'], tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']));

}

}

The problem is that I cannot find this code in my application_top.php, I'm not sure why. The closest I can find is:

// add the products name to the breadcrumb trail

$name_query = tep_db_query("select products_name, products_description from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'");

if (tep_db_num_rows($name_query)) {

$name = tep_db_fetch_array($name_query);

$breadcrumb->add($name['products_name'], tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']));

Should I put the code required after this?

I am trying to install the latest version but in the readme it says:

In includes/application_top.php add the following

Look for:

// add the products model to the breadcrumb trail

$model_query = tep_db_query("select products_model from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'");

if (tep_db_num_rows($model_query)) {

$model = tep_db_fetch_array($model_query);

$breadcrumb->add($model['products_model'], tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']));

}

}

The problem is that I cannot find this code in my application_top.php, I'm not sure why. The closest I can find is:

// add the products name to the breadcrumb trail

$name_query = tep_db_query("select products_name, products_description from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'");

if (tep_db_num_rows($name_query)) {

$name = tep_db_fetch_array($name_query);

$breadcrumb->add($name['products_name'], tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']));

Should I put the code required after this?

Ok, I have sorted this out. It was to do with the way I had my breadcrumbs set.

I have another problem though. I have cross-selling set but there is no link from the product page. In the readme it says:

'Add the following CHANGED files to your catalog (read note below first):

product_info.php (if you want to link the product to some article. New since v1.5)'

But I can't see where it tells me what changes to make to this file. Could this be my problem?

:lol:

Hi I 've uploaded my translated pages, added to 1.5.6v1 release.

I just try now to install a wysiwyg editor!

Good work to everybody!!!