• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

i wish i had an answer, i also have mysql and php 5.. and everything works BUT that option. It would be nice if the person who contributed this, or someone a little more knoweldgable than myself would come here to answer. USUALLY if it is a version error (like php5) Then it will give you an actual error [tep_stop] sort of thing

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

i just cant believe it.. STILL NO ANSWER>

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

I'm installed Article Manager 1.5v with STS 4.5.8, in admin zone full correctly but in user section not show articles !!! Can you help me ?

thxs

I'm installed Article Manager 1.5v with STS 4.5.8, in admin zone full correctly but in user section not show articles !!! Can you help me ?

thxs

Have you included the Article box in the templates and in the sts column left?

Dour your "Add/Remove" product to article work?

Everything seemed to go ok during the install but nothing is showing up on the articles page.

I have created about 5 topics and two of these have an article. In the article box in the left column it shows all the topics and 2 of them have (1) next to them.

If I click on the topic it only displays the topic title and no other content - but no error message is displayed and the rest of the site design/php works fine.

Anyone else had this issue? I have changed to files to complete fresh versions that I haven't altered but the result is the same.

Can you think of anything I might have missed when amending some of the other core files - like application-top.php etc

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

nate

Hello, are heather tags for article working with HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0 and STS ?

Or article manager can use is own heather tags controler ?

I follow the documentation and i stoped in :

// add only if Header Tags not already installed

// require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

fails on function requirements.

thanks.

Hi! :)

I'm working on installing the latest full copy of the package (My Working Copy, annaoj, 9 Jun 2008) but there seem to be files missing. When I compare the archive with the last full copy (Article Manager v1.5.5, NimaP, 3 Apr 2008) it seemes to confirm this.

1. Are the files are removed on purpose?

2. Can I use the files from "Article Manager v1.5.5" or should these be updated?

Thanks a million! :)

/Sofia

I'm working on installing the latest full copy of the package (My Working Copy, annaoj, 9 Jun 2008) but there seem to be files missing. When I compare the archive with the last full copy (Article Manager v1.5.5, NimaP, 3 Apr 2008) it seemes to confirm this.

1. Are the files are removed on purpose?

2. Can I use the files from "Article Manager v1.5.5" or should these be updated?

/Sofia

Since I can't edit I add this here:

Missing files so far: the "CHANGED files" and the admin/htmlarea directory.

Thanks again! :)

/Sofia

I have just installed the latest full copy of the package (My Working Copy, annaoj, 9 Jun 2008).

I'm getting this errormessage when I click the "All Articles" link:

"1054 - Unknown column 'a.authors_id' in 'on clause'

select count(*) as total from articles a, articles_to_topics a2t left join topics_description td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join authors au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, articles_description ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '4' and td.language_id = '4'

[TEP STOP]"

There are some notes in the readme and files to try but when I try these "New Articles" stopps working to and that worked fine previously...

Thanks a million!! :)

/Sofia

I have just installed the latest full copy of the package (My Working Copy, annaoj, 9 Jun 2008).

I'm getting this errormessage when I click the "All Articles" link:

"1054 - Unknown column 'a.authors_id' in 'on clause'

select count(*) as total from articles a, articles_to_topics a2t left join topics_description td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join authors au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, articles_description ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '4' and td.language_id = '4'

[TEP STOP]"

There are some notes in the readme and files to try but when I try these "New Articles" stopps working to and that worked fine previously...

Thanks a million!! :)

/Sofia

Resorted to google and found the solution in this thread, post 681 & 682. The searching here could really be better... Why isn't this fix included in the addon files? Someone who knows what they are doing should add it. (One of my two files was patched but not the other, funny.)

/Sofia

I don't get any headertags in my articles - why?

I realy can't figure it out. Hope some one can help me.

I have istalled Header tags controller 2.6.3, sts and article manager 1.5.5.

As far as I can see article manager controls the header tags itself, but it does not work.

Please help ;-)

Site: www.xn--kreditkb-c5a.dk

Jesper

Edited by classico

To be more precise - I get a headertag, but it is not dynamic. I only get, what I have whote in /includes/languages/danish/article_header_tags.php

// Mofification of Header Tags Contribution

// WebMakers.com Added: Header Tags Generator v2.0

/* If you have the Header Tags Controller already installed, replicate the

global details from header_tags.php into the indented section below */

// Define your email address to appear on all pages

define('HEAD_REPLY_TAG_ALL','[email protected]');

// For all pages not defined or left blank, and for articles not defined

// These are included unless you set the toggle switch in each section below to OFF ( '0' )

// The HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL is included BEFORE the specific one for the page

// The HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL is included AFTER the specific one for the page

// The HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL is included AFTER the specific one for the page

define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL','Babygear Artikler');

define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL','Artikler om babyudstyr');

define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL','babyudstyr, Recaro, soltøj, solbriller');

/* End of Indented Section */

I don't get any headertags in my articles - why?

I realy can't figure it out. Hope some one can help me.

I have istalled Header tags controller 2.6.3, sts and article manager 1.5.5.

As far as I can see article manager controls the header tags itself, but it does not work.

Please help ;-)

Site: www.xn--kreditkb-c5a.dk

Jesper

• 2 weeks later...

well I am getting this error:

All Articles

Current Articles

1054 - Unknown column 'a.authors_id' in 'on clause'

select count(*) as total from articles a, articles_to_topics a2t left join topics_description td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join authors au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, articles_description ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '1' and td.language_id = '1'

the top code was in the original file that uploaded on files to upload

original code before delete:

// Rigadin2: query modified for Mysql5 and added ledt join for TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION.
//  $articles_all_query_raw = "select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_id, au.authors_name, td.topics_id, td.topics_name from ((" . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a) left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au using(authors_id)) left join " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad using(articles_id), " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td using(topics_id) where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";
 $articles_all_query_raw = "select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_id, au.authors_name, td.topics_id, td.topics_name from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";

after the delete of I got this code in

// Rigadin2: query modified for Mysql5 and added ledt join for TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION.
//  $articles_all_query_raw = "select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_id, au.authors_name, td.topics_id, td.topics_name from ((" . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a) left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au using(authors_id)) left join " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad using(articles_id), " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td using(topics_id) where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";

I got this error message after the delete:

All Articles

Current Articles

Displaying 1 to 1 (of 1 articles) Result Pages: 1

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'limit 0, 10' at line 1

limit 0, 10

[TEP STOP]

somebody needs to get a better code for people are using php5 and MySQL 5.0.51 so does anybody got a fix for this problem?

ok I finally fix it here is the code I used

find in the original file of Articles v1.5_1_2\Articles v1.5.5\files to upload\articles

$articles_all_query_raw = "select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_id, au.authors_name, td.topics_id, td.topics_name from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";

change it to:

$articles_all_query_raw = "select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_id, au.authors_name, td.topics_id, td.topics_name from ((" . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a), " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t) left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";

Hey,

I just went to install the lastest version of the contribution but the installation notes don't quite seem to match the files available. For example the readme says to copy new files, i.e Article_info.php and article_reviews_write but the files aren't in the 'files to be uploaded' folder.

Is this a mistake in the install notes or should there be a few more files?

Thanks

Mike

Hey,

I just went to install the lastest version of the contribution but the installation notes don't quite seem to match the files available. For example the readme says to copy new files, i.e Article_info.php and article_reviews_write but the files aren't in the 'files to be uploaded' folder.

Is this a mistake in the install notes or should there be a few more files?

Thanks

Mike

Are you sure, I have them they are in the catalog /includes folder or something like that.

Please post any bugs and suggestions about Article Manager v1.0 in this topic. I will do my best to provide support.

Thanks ;-)

Rob Anderson

I can't get the meta tags to work in my articles, I have header tags seo installed and the latest version of article manager, Do I have to install header tags 2.6 instead of seo. Can I do both.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

the site is http://www.compressed-air-car.com

Hello, are heather tags for article working with HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0 and STS ?

Or article manager can use is own heather tags controler ?

I follow the documentation and i stoped in :

// add only if Header Tags not already installed

// require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

fails on function requirements.

thanks.

did you get the metatags working for your articles. I too have header tags seo and article manager 1.5.

Check out http://www.compressed-air-car.com

and http://www.battingglovesonly.com

for examples but my header tags in the articles dont work

Are you sure, I have them they are in the catalog /includes folder or something like that.

I'm installing 1.5.6. The installation notes seem to have the paths prefixed to them. The first notes say to add files:

article_info.php

articles.php

articles_new.php....

Whilst articles.php and articles _new.php is present, article_info.php isn't at the root catalog node.

Later in the install notes it says to install similar files based in the includes\languages\english folder and these are present.

There are only 5 files at the catalog folder level, but 7 being advised in the '2. Catalog Updates' section of the readme file. Is this just a mistake or should I have article_info.php and article_reviews_write.php at the catalog level?

Thanks

Mike

I am STILL having an issue with the articles_xsell option. The link is there to cross sell, and it shows the articles with the add/remove, but i CAN NOT get anything toload when i click the link to add a product!!

I thought maybe that adding MATCHING PRODUCTS contribution might be the reason, since there was not a mysql query for the cross sell (that i can remember) so i added that.. the matching product contribution is working great, the article manager is working fine, i just CAN NOT ADD A PRODUCT TO CROSS SELL TO AN ARTICLE>

i tried replacing the 1.5.5 articles_xsell.php files with any one that was part of a later update, and still no go. WHAT IS GOING ON????

can someone PLEASE help me. That feature was the ONLY reason i added the articles!

ANYONE HERE ?? i really would like to get this to work!

This drove me nuts for a few days but of course after reading most of the posts on this thread i finally came across the issue that a few others seem to be having as well. It's so simple, nothing to do with the code in articles.php or anything...

People that are finding that the admin side of articles is working perfectly but no articles are appearing on the catalog side have setup the articles the wrong way. You have created "new articles" inside the root but what you are supposed to do is "create topic" first and then create "new article" inside the new topic.

When you go to www.yoursite.com/articles.php you'll now see the articles being listed where it was blank before! :lol:

good day everyone, please help me. i am having this problem.

1146 - Table 'so_moc.topics' doesn't exist

select c.topics_id, cd.topics_name, c.parent_id from topics c, topics_description cd where c.topics_id = cd.topics_id and cd.language_id = '1' and c.parent_id = '0' order by c.sort_order, cd.topics_name

i will appreciate any help. thank you.