• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

How could I make articles more friendyl to google? I mean if I install e.g. Ultimate SEO will it make better for google?

My main object is to write articles according to my products so it would help people find my site.

Is this good idea?

1054 - Unknown column 'a.authors_id' in 'on clause'

select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, a.articles_date_available, a.authors_id, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_description, ad.articles_url, au.authors_name from articles a, articles_description ad left join authors au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id where a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = '1' and ad.articles_id = a.articles_id and ad.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

I get this error on article_info.php

and

select count(*) as total from articles a, articles_to_topics a2t left join topics_description td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join authors au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, articles_description ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '1' and td.language_id = '1'

This error on articles.php

Anyone have a solution?

Edited by ourcheers

I get this error on article_info.php

and

This error on articles.php

Anyone have a solution?

Read the previous page. There is one solution. My solution was downgrading MySQL.

How could I make articles more friendyl to google? I mean if I install e.g. Ultimate SEO will it make better for google?

My main object is to write articles according to my products so it would help people find my site.

Is this good idea?

I've got it working with Ultimate SEO for one of my clients. It does make the articles more seach engine friendly.

Barb

Hi

I've been scouring this forum and playing with coding for days, but being new to php, I simply cannot achieve what I am trying to, namely, get the latest article to display, in full, on index.php.

So far, using what I have found here and the little bit of php savvy that I have, I have managed to replace the products on the front page with the latest 5 articles, including a description. However, what I want on another store is just for the latest article to appear in full and change dynamically as a new article is added in admin.

I'm sure it's a really simple piece of coding, but I cannot figure it out.

If anyone can help, I will be most grateful.

Second issue (for the first store) is that I found advice elsewhere in the forums for making sure that the front page pulls the latest articles only from a single topic. The code however needs you to input the id number of the topic and I do not know where to find that.

Once again, any help would be much appreciated.

As everyone else has already said, this is a great contribution. Thank you very much.

Second issue (for the first store) is that I found advice elsewhere in the forums for making sure that the front page pulls the latest articles only from a single topic. The code however needs you to input the id number of the topic and I do not know where to find that.

Got this resolved with a bit of logic, thanks.

Another question though ....

In addition to the articles box I have created a specific link in column left, pointing to a single topic and then hacked article_listing.php a bit to display all articles with their article name and abstract. I now want the xsell to show on this page under each article but I cannot get it to work.

I tried purely lifting the code from article_info.php, but that did nothing and every variation of it that I try also does absolutely nothing.

Can someone please tell me what code I would use to call this? In article_info.php the code is

<?php
//added for cross-sell
  if ( (USE_CACHE == 'true') && !SID) {
 include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_ARTICLES_XSELL);
  } else {
 include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_ARTICLES_XSELL);
}
  }
?>

My article_listing.php that I am trying to get this to work on is below. You'll see my latest variation of code that I tried in order to call this xsell info into the page:

<?php
/*
 $Id: article_listing.php, v1.0 2003/12/04 12:00:00 ra Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

$listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, MAX_ARTICLES_PER_PAGE);
 if (($listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) && ((ARTICLE_PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == 'top') || (ARTICLE_PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == 'both'))) {
?>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
	  <tr>
	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr><tr>
		<td class="smalltextarticle"><?php echo $listing_split->display_count(TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_ARTICLES); ?></td>
		<td align="right" class="smalltextarticle"><?php echo TEXT_RESULT_PAGE . ' ' . $listing_split->display_links(MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'info', 'x', 'y'))); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>

<?php
 }
?>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="95%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tr>
	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '5'); ?></td>
  </tr>
<?php
 if ($listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) {
$articles_listing_query = tep_db_query($listing_split->sql_query);
?>

<?php
while ($articles_listing = tep_db_fetch_array($articles_listing_query)) {
?>
	  <tr>
		<td  class="mainb" valign="top">
<?php
 echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO, 'articles_id=' . $articles_listing['articles_id']) . '"><b>' . $articles_listing['articles_name'] . '</b></a> ';
 if (DISPLAY_AUTHOR_ARTICLE_LISTING == 'true' && tep_not_null($articles_listing['authors_name'])) {
  echo TEXT_BY . ' ' . '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLES, 'authors_id=' . $articles_listing['authors_id']) . '"> ' . $articles_listing['authors_name'] . '</a>';
 }
?>

<?php
  if (DISPLAY_ABSTRACT_ARTICLE_LISTING == 'true') {
?>

<?php echo clean_html_comments(substr($articles_listing['articles_head_desc_tag'],0, MAX_ARTICLE_ABSTRACT_LENGTH)) . ((strlen($articles_listing['articles_head_desc_tag']) >= MAX_ARTICLE_ABSTRACT_LENGTH) ? '...' : ''); ?>
<br>

<?php include (DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_ARTICLES_XSELL); ?>

</td></tr>
<?php
}
 }
} // End of listing loop
?>

<tr>
		<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
<?php
 if (($listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) && ((ARTICLE_PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == 'bottom') || (ARTICLE_PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == 'both'))) {
?>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
	  <tr>
		<td class="smalltextarticle"><?php echo $listing_split->display_count(TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_ARTICLES); ?></td>
		<td align="right" class="smalltextarticle"><?php echo TEXT_RESULT_PAGE . ' ' . $listing_split->display_links(MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'info', 'x', 'y'))); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	</table>
</td>
  </tr>
<?php
 }
?>

Help would be HUGELY appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I have installed this great contribution, but seem to have one problem, I do not get any errors, but when I "turn on" the articles box via Column Controller, it just displays the header of the articles box and no articles that I have created, it also removes my footer. I do not think it should be the column.php's since all that does is turn or turn off the boxes. But somewhere else, I just cant find it. Below is an example pic, any help would be appreciated :)

dsfdsfsf.gif

Read the previous page. There is one solution. My solution was downgrading MySQL.

This error is caused by a change in the default query logic in mysql 5.0. I've just added this TIP to describe the issue and solution in generic terms as it applies to a lot of contributions

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=208286

HTH,

Carine

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

I am trying to install Article Manager v1.2 but got the following error message:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ',' in ....../ezfect/includes/application_top.php on line 550

What's wrong with it?

Thanks.

Luke

Hi all, I'm having the same problem as EZfect and so far I can't figure it out. I'm using a template from template monster and I know it's always a problem to install contributions but I'm sure it can be done. Here is my error. Well same as above:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ',' in /home/oceanham/public_html/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 550

Thank you so much in advance,

David

I'll keep working at it, trying different possibilities.

Ebaby.ca - Toothbrush.ca - Halitosis.ca - Templatemonster.ca - Adultfriendfinders.ca

Hi all, I'm having the same problem as EZfect and so far I can't figure it out. I'm using a template from template monster and I know it's always a problem to install contributions but I'm sure it can be done. Here is my error. Well same as above:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ',' in /home/oceanham/public_html/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 550

Thank you so much in advance,

David

I'll keep working at it, trying different possibilities.

Hi sorry all, I finally figured it out. When I copied and pasted in the application_top.php I had copy a comment from the readme file. Hope it will help others with this problem. Thanks,

David

Ebaby.ca - Toothbrush.ca - Halitosis.ca - Templatemonster.ca - Adultfriendfinders.ca

I want to know the same thing. I don't think that there is anyone knowledgable on this thread tho. :-) I have been asking for a while now because I have tried and can't yet figure it out. We just have to sit and hope. I also want to add a picture next to the article. That is a little more complicated tho.

But it would be great if we could get the sub categories to show up on the main page when a category is selected.

ANY HELP?? THANKS!

Chris

I would like to add an image to each article as well. Have you had any help or code to do this?

OldColorado

Is there a version of Article Manager that will work with Zen Cart?

think you are asking on the wrong forum :)

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

I would like to add an image to each article as well. Have you had any help or code to do this?

OldColorado

I have read this kind of request a few times on the forum and it confuses me because I simply add an image using the wysiwyg editor. All you do is click on the "insert image" tag and go through the process, much like in MS Word.

Not sure if I am the one who is missing the point here somewhere but thought I'd mention it anyway.

HELP!!

I installed Article Manager but I'm getting an error when I go into /admin.

This error I found discussed in other posts but nobody seems to ever answer it!

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_parse_topic_path() (previously declared in /home/aimwords/public_html/caf/admin/includes/functions/articles.php:14) in /home/aimwords/public_html/caf/admin/includes/functions/articles.php on line 28

help please!

can you post the content of that particular file ( in the code tags)

or check first what is on line 14 and on line 28 ?

It basically says that the tep_xx function is declared twice

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

can you post the content of that particular file ( in the code tags)

or check first what is on line 14 and on line 28 ?

It basically says that the tep_xx function is declared twice

its not being repeated. I deleted the function and the error just changed to the next function being declared twice.

<?php
/*
 $Id: articles.php, v1.0 2003/12/04 12:00:00 ra Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

// Parse and secure the tPath parameter values
 function tep_parse_topic_path($tPath) {
// make sure the topic IDs are integers
$tPath_array = array_map('tep_string_to_int', explode('_', $tPath));

// make sure no duplicate topic IDs exist which could lock the server in a loop
$tmp_array = array();
$n = sizeof($tPath_array);
for ($i=0; $i<$n; $i++) {
  if (!in_array($tPath_array[$i], $tmp_array)) {
	$tmp_array[] = $tPath_array[$i];
  }
}

return $tmp_array;
 }

function tep_get_topic_name($topic_id, $language_id) {
$topic_query = tep_db_query("select topics_name from " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " where topics_id = '" . (int)$topic_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");
$topic = tep_db_fetch_array($topic_query);

return $topic['topics_name'];
 }

I have installed this great contribution, but seem to have one problem, I do not get any errors, but when I "turn on" the articles box via Column Controller, it just displays the header of the articles box and no articles that I have created, it also removes my footer. I do not think it should be the column.php's since all that does is turn or turn off the boxes. But somewhere else, I just cant find it. Below is an example pic, any help would be appreciated :)

dsfdsfsf.gif

anyone??

At what point do you get this error in admin? Immediately you try to access the admin area or when you click on something in particular?

Have you made any changes at all to the contribution files?

Have you tried to reinstall the contribution admin files again?