• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

I checked that several times.....I copy/pasted the code 100% correctly ... already looked at that.

Now I have 100% uninstalled the contribution and I STILL have the error - it keeps wanting to put my IP in there!

I just had a look at my application_top.php. The code in there for the IP check is like this:

// verify the IP address if the feature is enabled
 if (SESSION_CHECK_IP_ADDRESS == 'True') {
$ip_address = tep_get_ip_address();
if (!tep_session_is_registered('SESSION_IP_ADDRESS')) {
  $SESSION_IP_ADDRESS = $ip_address;
  tep_session_register('SESSION_IP_ADDRESS');
}

Did you make any changes to this code earlier? If not, just replace it with this snippet and see if that fixes things.

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

I have, I d/l the original osc script and replaced it. I can hand-replace also and I try to get to my store and voila, my IP is back in where $ip should be...both spots.

I've never touched that part of the code before. Like I said, it was perfect JUST before I added code to application_top.file file for that Article Manager .... I just don't get it.

So what you are saying is that you change the code to what if should be, upload it and when you check the code in the file after trying to load a page (with that error message) the $ip_address is replaced with xx.xx.xx.xx_address.

To be honest, that doesn't sound good. Can you give a link as to which page you try to open (unless it's in your admin but I understood it's the catalog application_top that causes the problem). Or did you check the code of the page you want to open to see if any other scripts are loaded before application_top? Only thing I can think of right now is that some script is executed and changes the application_top.php before it is loaded and that has to have some place there it is called from.

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

I can not bring up ANY Osc pages of my store. I can bring up my main site (.html pages).

Your first paragraph is exactly correct.

I can move around my Admin Panel just fine.

I can't understand what would have changed within a few seconds. It was fine one moment, and the next not.

Am in PM with another Osc user and he was thinking it might be my server's IP address. If that's the case, why would it show up just out of the blue ?????? And just keep showing up?

Can you check what happens if you switch of IP check in your admin panel -> sessions? It's not a fix but worth trying to see if other things are not working either.

Is the IP address the one you are using?

Have you tried different pages after the correction in the file or just the index.php?

If you like, PM me the application_top and the page that certainly changes the application_top on loading.

abra

Well, we got it figured out...changed $ip to $op. Have NO clue why my server was reading $ip and inserting it's IP in there .... Just out of the blue. One minute fine, next minute, bam! After 8 months!

It wasn't MY Ip at all.....it was the server's IP.

And I couldn't get ANYWHERE in my store before this final fix.

I am wary about installed this contribution again, cause it was during it that I had the problem, though the two may not be related but a coincidence.

UGH! My nerves are torn and my grey hair is greyer! But I'm ok for now I guess. Sorry to have hijacked the thread.

Alrighty,

I got Articles Manager v1.4 re-installed just fine and dandy - faster the 2nd time around LOL.

I found that I can not copy/paste an pre-written article in - I have to hand type it in. Otherwise, none of the bold, italics, carriage returns, etc work. Joy, considering I'll be moving about 30 articles from my .html pages over. Speaking of which, how do I do a redirect for those articles since I'm sure bots have indexed them .... what is the correct code verbage to put into the .htaccess file?

So, I created one topic (category) and typed in one article. I click on the topic in the infobox, and the article is showing (the abstract). However, when I click on the title of the article to go to the article, the article doesn't show on it's own page. Happens the same when you click on "New Articles" and "All Articles". Ultimate SEO URLs has created a nice url for it and I get the "tell a friend" box on the page - but the article doesn't show.

http://www.moonlightdelights.com/catalog/ Any ideas?

Also, when I go into the html editor to type in the article, I get the popup window asking about secure/unsecure items.... My Admin is https and has been for several months. This is the only page within Admin that does this. Is it because of the html editor's icons? If so, how do I fix it? Cause it loads the page, does the pop up window, I click YES, and to re-loads the page again. Annoying, especially on dial-up.

THanks in advance.

I have a few questions/requests...

1. Does any one have a working code for uploading images to articles, and is willing to share the knowledge?

2. Same thing with Authors, does anyone have the code to upload images for authors?

...thats it really, any knowledage or links to contribs and posts would be much appriciated.

cheers

rick

The Coral Room ...store coming soon!

56 contibs added

28 custom creations + additions

6 future contribs

10+ tasks to complete

I'm new to OSCommerce (3 days old) and have been asked by somebody to add a few contributions to their site. WYSIWYG and HeaderTags were fine but i'm having a problem with Article Manager

I can create articles from within admin but there is some problem viewing them.

I have added the require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'articles.php'); to the bottom of /includes/column_left.php and on the index page I am only getting HTML down to the bottom of the 'Articles' header in the left hand nav.

Also I don't know if it is my imagination but the page seems to be loading twice.

The product page displays fine with the list of my test articles, but when I click through to article.php the same thing happens (but I don't even get the 'Articles' header)

I hope somebody can help...

Ashley

I am having the same issue... Everything works ok except for the all articles or new articles. Anyone come up with a fix? I stink at this stuff. :) For right now I just have those options turned off in admin but it would be great if someone knew how to fix the problems for mysql5

Thanks!

Hi,

I've installed your contribution version 1.4 and in the admin panel seems to be working fine.

it even looks the part on the home page of my site here

However, when you click on the new articles or all articles links on the right i am presented with the following errors:

New Articles:

All Articles:

Having done a bit of research i am of the opinion that this is due to the version of mysql that my server is running (5.0) and that a downgrade to say 4.1 would solve this issue straight away.

I have spoken to my hosting company and as i am on a shared server it is not viable for this mysql downgrade to happen.

So, what i am asking is if there is a 'patch' or 'fix' for this problem without having to go down the mysql version downgrade route???

Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

D4

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

I've searched and searched but I am stumped.

I installed Article Manager (with STS, HTC, and SEO) and things looked good. The admin works great and I got STS to display the boxes and if I create a topic it is listed correctly in the box.

BUT, articles are not shown. The page displays with a message that "There are currently no articles in this topic". What needs to be done to display the articles????????

Also, Another problem` if you click on the 'All Articles' link you get the error "Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() in articles.php on line 350"

Any help or insight would be helpful.

Thanks

It might just be that no author was selected for the articles. You create and save an articles without assigning an author, but you cannot display them on the catalog side without. Happened to me.

abra

I've searched and searched but I am stumped.

I installed Article Manager (with STS, HTC, and SEO) and things looked good. The admin works great and I got STS to display the boxes and if I create a topic it is listed correctly in the box.

BUT, articles are not shown. The page displays with a message that "There are currently no articles in this topic". What needs to be done to display the articles????????

Also, Another problem` if you click on the 'All Articles' link you get the error "Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() in articles.php on line 350"

Any help or insight would be helpful.

Thanks

The displaying articles problem was that no author was defined - Thanks -

now it lists the articles but gives an error "Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() in article_listing.php on line 66" What am I missing? I am running HTC, STS, U-SEO, with mySQL4.1.21.

Thanks

Check if you installed /catalog/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php from the contribution package. Looks like the file might be missing on your server.

abra

If anyone who has this working with Chemos excellent Ultimate URLs could kindly post the relevant section from their .htaccess related to this contrib id be greatful.

I can see through some of the URLs in this thread that people have it working.

I have the following... and get a 404 error when I click a sub article...

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+_[0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+_[0-9]+_[0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Jamez

Where is the appropriate place to define or include the clean_html_comments() function for article manager when running STS4.2 w/HTC, and U-SEO. I had seen some recommendations on adding a require statement to application_top but it errors and says it is already defined (I believe in HTC or STS). Header tags definetly uses this function and works well.

I get the following error when I click on a topic error:

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() in article_listing.php .

If I comment out the call to clean_html call in article_listing.php the articles list fine. Of course if you click on an article you then get the clean_html undefined error for the article_header_tags.php function.

Thanks

Just installed Article Manager. Seems great and just what I need - I admit I have been spoiled by Joomla, I run oscmmerce in a joomla wrapper.

Adding the authur name solved the problem of no articles showing but when I click on an article I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() in /home/jean9109/public_html/foamshop/catalog/includes/article_header_tags.php on line 104

I think several people here have had the same problem. All files have been installed, sql table imported, code added to files as per instructions etc, Article Manager show up in Admin, box appears, in fact just about everything to do with Article Manage appears working except cannot show an article without error.

Run out of ideas to try, my php is not that strong. Anyone got a fix or know why? Help appreciated.

Solved the problem. When all else fails read the INSTRUCTIONS!!!!

I missed one part as it appeared not to apply to my install but does. It is

in includes/application_top.php add the following if Header Tags not already installed:

// add only if Header Tags not already installed

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

Problem solved, everthing all works or have I spoken too soon?!

Hello,

I'm new to the forum so please be patient with me. I've installed Oscommerce and modified it with several contributions.

After Installing Oscommerce I added the STS v4.2 with HTC v2.5.9 and Article Manager v1.0 contribution. Everything is working fine only the headertag function isn't working for the articles. I searched the forums and tried some of the solutions presented there but non of them seems to be working.

Can some please advice????

My site is at http://www.niolana.net

Thank you

Niolana

HI,

I might just have been looking at the code too long but i'm having 2 problems. First I'm trying to add links in the articles to other articles and products with the session id in the URL.

in the article Content field i'm adding the following code to generate a link

<p>On September 12, 2006 Apple introduced new Video, nano and Shuffle iPods. <?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT) . '">' . 'CHECKOUT' . '</a>'; ?>

when i publish the article this is how the article looks

On September 12, 2006 Apple introduced new Video, nano and Shuffle iPods. '; ?>

am i missing something simple?

------------

as for htmlarea. i have uploaded to our serve and i have tried 3 browsers and it does not show up in the admin/articles.php page. checked all settings in the config file and they are correct.

and ideas would be a great help

thanks

joe

----------------------------

Long Island, New York