• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

Anyone? If someone here could tell me what to use (see above post) that would be great.

Thanks,

Philip

Philip,

can you elaborate on what is the problem you are seeing ?

My problem is - when I go to store/articles_new.php I get:

1054 - Unknown column 'a.authors_id' in 'on clause'

select count(*) as total from articles a, articles_to_topics a2t left join topics_description td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join authors au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, articles_description ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '1' and td.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

All Articles
Current Articles

This is that query - I think it needs to be fixed for mysql /php 5.

$articles_new_query_raw = "select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_id, au.authors_name, td.topics_id, td.topics_name from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and a.articles_date_added > SUBDATE(now( ), INTERVAL '" . NEW_ARTICLES_DAYS_DISPLAY . "' DAY) order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";

Thanks,

Philip

Hi,

I have fixed the above - that is I have been able to get rid of the error but I have a problem now.

I the files catalog/articles.php and catalog/articles_new.php - it does not show any articles. There are articles. It just has this:

All Articles

Current Articles

There are currently no articles listed.

Thanks,

Philip

Is there anyone who knows why the articles.php and articles_new.php would not be showing articles?

It just says:

There are currently no articles listed.

But there are articles and they are showing under authors and under the topics that are listed in the box on the left.

i am getting the same as dwdonline.

i hav articles in my topics, but it just says there are no articles.

so i try to open the article by using an article link

article_info.php?articles_id=3 - and it gives me a blank page.

why is this? any help would be appreciated.

Are you using php5 or mysql 5? I was on my local server and so I had changed the sql querys as mentioned in the forum - but that made it not work. When I uploaded the regular file to my server (has php4 and mysql 4) it worked. I don't know why some of the community at oscommerce refuses to see that the world will go to php5 and mysql 5 and continues to code things that will not work includig using <? instead of <?php. I really like this and don't get me wrong - I really appreciate the work these guys have done - I just wish they would fix the code like most of the rest of the community's code.

Thanks,

Philip

i'm using php5 & mysql 5, and the code looks right - wiht the <?php

i tried an earlier version of the article_info.php page, and that worked - so i'm going to compare the two now to see whats up.

as to get the article links to show and show the articles - i found a way to get it to work.

in the includes/atricle_header_tags.php - add the this line

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

below this line

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . 'article_header_tags.php');

now the article will show - no blank page, and the links will show in topics too

only problem still - the article wont show the article name or its contents. dont know why....

Edited by Phalen

Great, tanya! :)

Now I got this thing working (atleast in my test site so):

1) I removed all the require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php' lines in article manager php files, this might be only my problem becouse I use template which does not has left column.

2) I put that line as tanya just said

3) I replaced the article_info.php file with an older version (1.2b).

And tadaa. It seems to work. Maybe this newest version is somekind of bug? my server has a PHP Version 4.3.11.

Edited by aapinen

ya - sorry aapinen - forgot to mention, the older version works - (at least for me) - but not for cross-sell. so i reverted back to new one - i hav to still compare the two files to see what is missing or wrong... hopefully that will fix this problem... unless someone else has another idea...

Does your old version show subcategories too? I have 1.2 and it doesnt show them.

If I have

topic1

-topic1_2

topic2

-topic2_2

I cant see the under-categories... It comes an error: "The requested URL /topic-t-7_8.html was not found on this server."

Hi all!

Are we all at the point where we can:

• See the sub topics but not list them in articles.php?
  • Find/Click/Read the article in a subtopic from New or All articles?

If this is the case, someone who actually knows php should have a look at whatever lists the articles in articles.php right?

I have the problem above and thought it had to do with seo_urls or something, until you guys came along...

//Micke

Here is my situation:

everything else seems to work except the sub-topics. I can see them but if I click its error 404.

I think its about ultimate SEO. I tried the version with my store in my own server when I didnt yet have ultimate SEO and it seemed to work perfectly. And I cant get to turn OFF that ultimate SEO from admin, dont know why.

I have now three option:

A) Try this contribution: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...te+seo+articles

B) accept the fact that cant have subcategories in articles

C) go back in my shop evolution when I didnt have ultimate SEO and do the other install AGAIN :( and hope that they would play together when FIRST installing Article manager.

Edited by aapinen

This must be hardest conrtibution to install :)

How do you install HTML-editor to this contribution? the install says it would be there but atleast I dont have it. Neither have that Cross-Sell Articles link to product.... :(

k - i fiddled around with my code, made a few changes - what i did was compare the old version i had that worked with the new version (1.4)

now it works again, i can see article links listed below my topics, and i can see my article names & content.

i just havent figured out the article_xsell yet. mine wont accept the changes i make in admin area.

anyways... here's what i did - dont know if it will help for you....

=================================

catalog/article_info.php

change:

========

<td class="main" align="right" valign="bottom"><?php if (tep_not_null($articles_author) && DISPLAY_AUTHOR_ARTICLE_LISTING == 'true') echo TEXT_BY 

. '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLES,'authors_id=' . $articles_author_id) . '">' . $articles_author . '</a>'; ?></td>

to

<td class="main" align="right" valign="bottom"><?php if (tep_not_null($articles_author)) echo TEXT_BY . '<a href="' . 

tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLES,'authors_id=' . $articles_author_id) . '">' . $articles_author . '</a>'; ?></td>

change:

========

$article_info_query = tep_db_query("select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, a.articles_date_available, a.authors_id, ad.articles_name, 

ad.articles_description, ad.articles_url, au.authors_name from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad, " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au 

where a.authors_id = au.authors_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['articles_id'] . "' and ad.articles_id = 

a.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

to

$article_info_query = tep_db_query("select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, a.articles_date_available, a.authors_id, ad.articles_name, 

ad.articles_description, ad.articles_url, au.authors_name from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . 

" au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id where a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['articles_id'] . "' and ad.articles_id = 

a.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

change:

========

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, true, true);

to

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

catalog/admin/articles_xsell.php

change:

========

echo 'Valitse kategoria: ' . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('cPath', tep_get_category_tree(), $current_category_id, 'onChange="this.form.submit();"');

to

echo SELECT_CATEGORY ." :" . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('cPath', tep_get_category_tree(), $current_category_id, 'onChange="this.form.submit();"');

catalog/articles.php

change:

========

// We are asked to show only a specific topic
	$listing_sql = "select a.articles_id, a.authors_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_name, 

td.topics_name, a2t.topics_id from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad, " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . 

" a2t, " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td where a.authors_id = au.authors_id and a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id and (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or 

to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_status = '1' and au.authors_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['authors_id'] . "' and 

a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . 

(int)$languages_id . "' and a2t.topics_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";
  } else {
// We show them all
	$listing_sql = "select a.articles_id, a.authors_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_name, 

td.topics_name, a2t.topics_id from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad, " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . 

" a2t, " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td where a.authors_id = au.authors_id and a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id and (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or 

to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_status = '1' and au.authors_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['authors_id'] . "' and 

a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . 

(int)$languages_id . "' order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";
  }
} else {
// show the articles in a given category
  if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
// We are asked to show only specific catgeory

to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.articles_id = a2t.articles_id 

and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and a2t.topics_id = '" . (int)$current_topic_id . "' and 

au.authors_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";
  } else {
// We show them all

to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.articles_id = a2t.articles_id 

and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and a2t.topics_id = '" . (int)$current_topic_id . "' 

order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";
  }

to

// We are asked to show only a specific topic

td.topics_name, a2t.topics_id from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = 

au.authors_id, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id where 

(a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_status = '1' and au.authors_id = '" . 

(int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['authors_id'] . "' and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id 

. "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and a2t.topics_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' order by a.articles_date_added desc, 

ad.articles_name";
  } else {
// We show them all

td.topics_name, a2t.topics_id from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = 

au.authors_id, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id where 

(a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_status = '1' and au.authors_id = '" . 

(int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['authors_id'] . "' and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id 

. "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";
  }
} else {
// show the articles in a given category
  if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
// We are asked to show only specific catgeory

(a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id 

and ad.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and a2t.topics_id = 

'" . (int)$current_topic_id . "' and au.authors_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";
  } else {
// We show them all

(a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id 

and ad.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and a2t.topics_id = 

'" . (int)$current_topic_id . "' order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";
  }

Hey Phalen --

I just updated my article mgr. w/ what you posted --

i've uploaded it & I'm getting this error --

"

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/txchoice/public_html/articles.php on line 162

"

Line 162 is the first line of the code pasted into articles.php -- here's what it is:

???????$listing_sql = "SELECT a.articles_id, a.authors_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_name, td.topics_name, a2t.topics_id from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id WHERE (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_status = '1' and au.authors_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['authors_id'] . "' and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and a2t.topics_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' ORDER BY a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";

do you know what's causing this error?

Hey Phalen --

I just updated my article mgr. w/ what you posted --

i've uploaded it & I'm getting this error --

"

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/txchoice/public_html/articles.php on line 162

"

Line 162 is the first line of the code pasted into articles.php -- here's what it is:

$listing_sql = "SELECT a.articles_id, a.authors_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_name, td.topics_name, a2t.topics_id from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id WHERE (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_status = '1' and au.authors_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['authors_id'] . "' and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and a2t.topics_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' ORDER BY a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";

do you know what's causing this error?

no - sorry kdcomm... i dont know why u are getting that error.

i'm not a php programmer. i hav worked with osc - blindly - comparing files with each other, intalling mods according to instructions, and trying to fix problems i come across without knowledge of php. (i might add that i maintain, on a daily basis, over 100 ecommerce stores for a client in US - and they are all health stores. if you needed evidence of my blind works.... :P www.costplusjuicers.com)

try reverting back to the original code for that code section and see what you get?

or maybe you have another module installed that doesnt like the older version of code for the article?

i can say this however - i dont hav ultimate seo urls installed, or any other seo module for that matter.

i'm not getting any errors....

Edited by Phalen

no - sorry kdcomm... i dont know why u are getting that error.

i'm not a php programmer. i hav worked with osc - blindly - comparing files with each other, intalling mods according to instructions, and trying to fix problems i come across without knowledge of php. (i might add that i maintain, on a daily basis, over 100 ecommerce stores for a client in US - and they are all health stores. if you needed evidence of my blind works.... :P www.costplusjuicers.com)

try reverting back to the original code for that code section and see what you get?

or maybe you have another module installed that doesnt like the older version of code for the article?

i can say this however - i dont hav ultimate seo urls installed, or any other seo module for that matter.

i'm not getting any errors....

Thanks for the reply Phalen -- i'm pretty much the compare & just figure it out not really a programmer too --

I don't have any other mods installed either - but i will figure it out (always do!) -- thanks!

first let me thank all for this great contrib!

i have a new install of oscommerce and had no problem in installing Article Manager 1.4.

But I notice one small thing; the DHTML menus which are working in the main page are not working when you're viewing the articles. As a result, the entire column on the left looks very messy.

( I am using the New DHTML categories menu of Jarda Jedlinsky - contrib dated 24 feb 2005)

You can see the menu in proper action here and the sorry state it looks over here

Can someone help me sort this out? Otherwise, I may have to discard this great contrib!

:(

simpleton

I got around to the previous problem!

I un-did the modifications that I did for the DHTML menu..the menu became alright..

then I used the DynaMenu contribution..now, menu behavior is fine..

But I have a new problem!

When I view the article, the header disappears! See here in action!

Can someone pls help me out?

:(

Hi,

I've installed your contribution version 1.4 and in the admin panel seems to be working fine.

it even looks the part on the home page of my site here

However, when you click on the new articles or all articles links on the right i am presented with the following errors:

New Articles:

select count(*) as total from articles a, articles_to_topics a2t left join topics_description td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join authors au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, articles_description ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '1' and td.language_id = '1' and a.articles_date_added > SUBDATE(now( ), INTERVAL '30' DAY)

[TEP STOP]

All Articles:

select count(*) as total from articles a, articles_to_topics a2t left join topics_description td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join authors au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, articles_description ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '1' and td.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Having done a bit of research i am of the opinion that this is due to the version of mysql that my server is running (5.0) and that a downgrade to say 4.1 would solve this issue straight away.

I have spoken to my hosting company and as i am on a shared server it is not viable for this mysql downgrade to happen.

So, what i am asking is if there is a 'patch' or 'fix' for this problem without having to go down the mysql version downgrade route???

Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

D4

Here is my situation:

everything else seems to work except the sub-topics. I can see them but if I click its error 404.

I think its about ultimate SEO. I tried the version with my store in my own server when I didnt yet have ultimate SEO and it seemed to work perfectly. And I cant get to turn OFF that ultimate SEO from admin, dont know why.

I have now three option:

A) Try this contribution: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...te+seo+articles

B) accept the fact that cant have subcategories in articles

C) go back in my shop evolution when I didnt have ultimate SEO and do the other install AGAIN :( and hope that they would play together when FIRST installing Article manager.

Did you solve the problem with the subtopics?

Let me describe the problem I faced with the subtopics and the simple solution I found.

I added topics with subtopics so the tree looked a like this:

maintopic1

-> submaintopic1

--> subsubmaintopic1

Then I added an article to subsubmaintopic1. In the articles infobox appeared a clickable link "maintopic1" which led to a new page with just the header "maintopic1" in the main part and showed the next subtopic link underneath the first one. Clicking on this led to a 404 page not found error.

I'm using Ultimate SEO urls and the fix is straightforward. In your .htaccess file make sure the following directions are there (to get working links in the infobox for topics with two subtopics):

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+_[0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+_[0-9]+_[0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

I hope that helps.

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

I need urgent help.

I got to the point in the install where you add code to the application_top.php file, around line 469 or so in my file. I actually finished the whole install, but the following error showed up when I got to that file ...

When I view my store, all I get is:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_DNUMBER in /home/moonligh/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 239

Here is the snippet of code ... line 239 is the IP address itself_address ... (I substituted with x's) .... I have NO clue why this is happening ....

// verify the IP address if the feature is enabled
 if (SESSION_CHECK_IP_ADDRESS == 'True') {
xx.xx.xx.xx_address = tep_get_ip_address();
if (!tep_session_is_registered('SESSION_IP_ADDRESS')) {
  $SESSION_IP_ADDRESS = $ip_address;
  tep_session_register('SESSION_IP_ADDRESS');
}

Since this area of application_top.php is no where near the code I added for Article Manager, why would this affect the session IP area? The store was working perfectly the moment before I added the article manager code to this file.

Any suggestions???? I think I can not just turn session IP to false ... then sessions won't work right ...

Check the article manager code that you added to application_top.php. Probably you are missing the ; at the end of the last line you needed to add.

This kind of error usually happens when you miss some closing brackets or semicolon and you should check at the end of what you added.

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.