• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

Hi Rob,

I tried it again and I think I found the problem. The following instruction is where I am falling short. I don't have a includes/languages/english/english.php

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

In includes/languages/english/english.php add the following

// Article Manager

define('BOX_HEADING_ARTICLES', 'Articles');

define('BOX_ALL_ARTICLES', 'All Articles');

define('BOX_NEW_ARTICLES', 'New Articles');

define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_ARTICLES', 'Displaying <b>%d</b> to <b>%d</b> (of <b>%d</b> articles)');

define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_ARTICLES_NEW', 'Displaying <b>%d</b> to <b>%d</b> (of <b>%d</b> new articles)');

define('TABLE_HEADING_AUTHOR', 'Author');

define('TABLE_HEADING_ABSTRACT', 'Abstract');

define('BOX_HEADING_AUTHORS', 'Articles by Author');

define('NAVBAR_TITLE_DEFAULT', 'Articles');

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should I have this file? My store runs well with out it. When I tried the install the other day I added those line to the includes/languages/english.php

Am I to create this file? I am sure how to do that.

Help Please

David

I seem to have the Article Manager working correctly, but clicking on one of the Article links from the main catalog page stretches the table width. You can see what I mean at: www.theromanticgiftbox.com - click on one of the Article links.

Can anyone advise a fix for this? I really need it to maintain continuity.

I seem to have the Article Manager working correctly, but clicking on one of the Article links from the main catalog page stretches the table width. You can see what I mean at: www.theromanticgiftbox.com - click on one of the Article links.

Can anyone advise a fix for this? I really need it to maintain continuity.

All fixed! I figured I'd have to edit the individual article files. Thanks, anyway! :D

Hi Rob,

I have tried three times to install Article Manager v1.0, get the same error message when I open osc admin. I have ocs 2.2, with sts 1.9, header tag controler, and basic_design_pack1mk3. I happen to be starting a new site with a fresh install of OSC, so I install Article manger on it to see if I was misinturpting the directions, but that install works fine.

Here is a screen shot of the error message and and the code on the line it ref to. Can you tell what it is looking for? Maybe I can fix it.

Thanks,

David

This amin/includes/boxes/articles.php starting at line 64

<?php

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_ARTICLES);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, true, false);

$topics_string = '';

$tree = array();

oscscreenshot.jpg

hey there,

i've had a quick look and i cant see a solution for wat i'm lookin for, so i thought i'd ask.

I'm wanting to modify the page so that it displays the article sub-categories on the categories page. eg: http://www.imperialdomination.co.uk/tech-t-2.html

I want it to show the two Sub-category names on the page...

Any ideas how i'd go about it?

Cheers

Fatmcgav

When a try to install article_manager_sql.sql i have an error

requ?te SQL:

INSERT INTO configuration( configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function )

VALUES (

'', 'Display New Articles Link', 'DISPLAY_NEW_ARTICLES', 'true', 'Display a link to New Articles in the Articles box?', 456, 1, now( ) , now( ) , NULL , 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),'

)

MySQL a r?pondu:

#1264 - Out of range value adjusted for column 'configuration_id' at row 1

Do you know the problem ?

Sorry for my englais i'm a french canadian

hey there,

i've had a quick look and i cant see a solution for wat i'm lookin for, so i thought i'd ask.

I'm wanting to modify the page so that it displays the article sub-categories on the categories page. eg: http://www.imperialdomination.co.uk/tech-t-2.html

Cheers

Fatmcgav

Anybody got any ideas on how i'd go about doing this???

Cheers

Fatmcgav

Hi there, great extension!!!

No problem in the admin section but in the main index.php there's an error:

BOX_HEADING_ARTICLES

1054 - Unknown column 'a.authors_id' in 'on clause'

select a.articles_id from articles a, articles_to_topics a2t left join topics_description td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join authors au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, articles_description ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '1' and td.language_id = '1' and a.articles_date_added > SUBDATE(now( ), INTERVAL '30' DAY)

[TEP STOP]

Please, can anyone help me??? Tnx in advance. Medusacross

hey there,

Cheers

Fatmcgav

I want to know the same thing. I don't think that there is anyone knowledgable on this thread tho. :-) I have been asking for a while now because I have tried and can't yet figure it out. We just have to sit and hope. I also want to add a picture next to the article. That is a little more complicated tho.

But it would be great if we could get the sub categories to show up on the main page when a category is selected.

ANY HELP?? THANKS!

Chris

BOX_HEADING_ARTICLES

select a.articles_id from articles a, articles_to_topics a2t left join topics_description td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join authors au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, articles_description ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '1' and td.language_id = '1' and a.articles_date_added > SUBDATE(now( ), INTERVAL '30' DAY)

[TEP STOP]

• 2 weeks later...
When a try to install article_manager_sql.sql i have an error

requ?te SQL:

INSERT INTO configuration( configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function )

VALUES (

'', 'Display New Articles Link', 'DISPLAY_NEW_ARTICLES', 'true', 'Display a link to New Articles in the Articles box?', 456, 1, now( ) , now( ) , NULL , 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),'

)

MySQL a r?pondu:

#1264 - Out of range value adjusted for column 'configuration_id' at row 1

Do you know the problem ?

Sorry for my englais i'm a french canadian

I think it because the configuration_id is auto number it doesn't like '' and no need to insert any value for it

so the format must be:

INSERT INTO configuration ( configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('Display New Articles Link', 'DISPLAY_NEW_ARTICLES', 'true', 'Display a link to New Articles in the Articles box?', 456, 1, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),');

you need to change the format as well for the next insert command

Good Luck,

Ricsen

BOX_HEADING_ARTICLES

[TEP STOP]

I have this error before when I was using mysql 5.0

after I downgrade to mysql 4.1.16 it's working fine

so I think it's because the sql format not compatible with sql 5.0

Cheers,

Ricsen

I noticed that after adding the latest osC fixes, article manager which I installed 2 years ago stopped displaying the articles. Instead it redirected to my homepage.

On looking into the problem I discovered that redirect.php was modified by the latest security fixes. It now checks the database to ensure the product exists. All that remained to do was to add another CASE statement in redirect.php with similar code to ensure the article exists before redirecting.

the article manager I have installed works fine but it would be great to add a feature. OK, let me see if I can explain this right. Working within the admin side if you add a new TOPIC which we will call (Lighting) and put ARTICLES under that topic such as (Outside lighting, home lighting, etc..) and if you look at it in a browser by clicking on the Lighting page you will see all the ARTICLES LINKS (Outside lighting, home lighting, etc..) that was placed in that particular TOPIC'S folder. If you click on any particular ARTICLES LINK (Outside lighting, home lighting, etc..) it carries you to that page. Ok, what I would like to do is have the RELATED ARTICLES LINKS located below the text on that particular page also. Currently it only shows the ARTICLE'S LINKS on a TOPICS PAGE. What this will do is interlink all related pages to one another and increase internal link structure making it easier for spiders to crawl individual pages + make it easier for people to navigate the site. PLEASE if someone could help I would GREATLY appreciate it. I have been experimenting with the articles.php and article_info.php files trying to get it to work but so far I have had no luck.

Thanks!

I want to know the same thing. I don't think that there is anyone knowledgable on this thread tho. :-) I have been asking for a while now because I have tried and can't yet figure it out. We just have to sit and hope. I also want to add a picture next to the article. That is a little more complicated tho.

But it would be great if we could get the sub categories to show up on the main page when a category is selected.

ANY HELP?? THANKS!

Chris

I've been trying to do the exact same thing.

I have installed this contribution without any problems and want to thank everyone involved with it. It is awsome!

That said, I just have a simple question that I thought I had seen before but can't find after reading and re-reading the thread...

How do I get rid of "this article was published on such and such date" at the end of the article?

Thanks!

jailaxmi

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself...

--King Crimson (“Discipline”)

Could someone please let me know which files I should download if I want to have the latest version plus any updates/fixes.

There's quite a few and I'm a little confused :

contribution here

Anyone??

I am also a little confused as to which the last full version was, as in which should be downloaded

I would love to see a sample shop of this in action. I think this might be what I need for a new project!!

Thomas Keats

A signature is something that reflects its user. - The dictionary

The question is not, 'to code, or not to code'

the question is, 'if we do not code, are we really alive?'

-- anonymous

hello,

same problem after upgrade sql to MySQL 5.0.18 and PHP Version 5.1.1!

BOX_HEADING_ARTICLES

[TEP STOP]

any idea?

hello,

same problem after upgrade sql to MySQL 5.0.18 and PHP Version 5.1.1!

any idea?

I had the same problem, changing the query to:

select a.articles_id from (articles a, articles_to_topics a2t) left join topics_description td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join authors au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, articles_description ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '1' and td.language_id = '1' and a.articles_date_added > SUBDATE(now( ), INTERVAL '30' DAY)

Seems to help. Don't know why though...