• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

6 hours ago, LeeFoster said:

As long as they're deliberate that's fine I'll just remove the code since as you said they're at the bottom too.

The reason for the buttons is ease of use. If you are just editing an article to change its name, for example, you can click on the save button to the right or scroll all the way to the bottom and click save. I don't know why you would want to make it more difficult to use but that is up to you.

5 hours ago, LeeFoster said:

Only issue I'm seeing now is that when I click all articles in the Articles Box I get the below.

Do you have any blog articles set up?

5 hours ago, LeeFoster said:

But more importantly I'd just like it to show something. I've only created one article and no topics but I don't plan on using topics.

As I recall, someone mentioned previously about not using topics but I don't think the code was ever changed. I don't have a clean shop setup at the moment to test it. You can disable the show topics option in the settings and that should remove that from the infobox.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

6 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

Do you have any blog articles set up?

I don't have any blog articles setup, but I got to that screen by clicking the All Articles link in boxes and get the same error even if I change the article I have to a Blog Article.

6 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

As I recall, someone mentioned previously about not using topics but I don't think the code was ever changed. I don't have a clean shop setup at the moment to test it. You can disable the show topics option in the settings and that should remove that from the infobox.

Maybe drop topics and replace it with tags or keywords?

6 hours ago, LeeFoster said:

I don't have any blog articles setup, but I got to that screen by clicking the All Articles link in boxes and get the same error even if I change the article I have to a Blog Article.

I don't have a Phoenix shop setup with this addon installed so I can't check it. The last updated version just had changed files to allow it to work with Bootstrap 4. Phoenix hadn't been released yet. The next version will be fully compatible with Phoenix but it is unlikely that will be done this year.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

21 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

I don't have a Phoenix shop setup with this addon installed so I can't check it. The last updated version just had changed files to allow it to work with Bootstrap 4. Phoenix hadn't been released yet. The next version will be fully compatible with Phoenix but it is unlikely that will be done this year.

I just need to get it to actually show the articles when you go to the page. If you go to a specific article then it works.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Jack,

I also really expect the Article Manager for Phoenix.

The save button you made is very convenient. I would like to know how to change its location, move it down and to the right or left, place the buttons in the lower left or right corner.

Adding articles from users is not necessary. For Shop, this is a function that cannot be used.

A blog is good. It's necessary. Feedback is also needed.

SEO needs to be simplified and made unified for kernel code.

Merry Christmas!

Edited by Fredi

Support forum for osCommerce in russian language - from Ashkelon. Support since 2002.

Best regards,

Fredi

35 minutes ago, Fredi said:

The save button you made is very convenient. I would like to know how to change its location, move it down and to the right or left, place the buttons in the lower left or right corner.

You can edit the floaters class in the admin/articles.php file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 4 weeks later...

Just installed into Phoenix 1.0.4.2

Article Manager 1.57_9 shows in Admin but some configuration edit settings open to nothing

On the Catalog side no Article Box shows up.

catalog/tell_a_friend.php is no longer in Phoenix

5 hours ago, Dnj1964 said:

Article Manager 1.57_9 shows in Admin but some configuration edit settings open to nothing

Please explain what this means in more detail.

Have you enabled the box in the settings and installed the module?

catalog/tell_a_friend.php is no longer in Phoenix

This version was written before Phoenix was released so there will be things like that that don't apply. The next version will have a Phoenix-specific set of files.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2020 at 9:12 PM, Jack_mcs said:
On 1/10/2020 at 3:41 PM, Dnj1964 said:

Please explain what this means in more detail.

Instead of opening normally

image.png.6334a5811b9b9193a03d834dd27107b4.png

The configuration item selected goes full screen with no edit option

image.png.d2e6baef0a6375b9c19998f983eaefe3.png

On 1/10/2020 at 9:12 PM, Jack_mcs said:
On 1/10/2020 at 3:41 PM, Dnj1964 said:

Have you enabled the box in the settings and installed the module?

Yes the box setting were enabled and header tags set to false

2 hours ago, Dnj1964 said:

The configuration item selected goes full screen with no edit option

The configuration section in Article Manage was written by the original programmer and I've not changed it. To use it, just click on one of the settings and you will see the edit box.

3 hours ago, Dnj1964 said:

Yes the box setting were enabled and header tags set to false

Did you install the module for the box?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

20 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

The configuration section in Article Manage was written by the original programmer and I've not changed it. To use it, just click on one of the settings and you will see the edit box. 

Not all configuration settings open to show the edit option.

20 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

Did you install the module for the box?

Yes the box module was installed.

Wish I was at least somewhat comfortable programming but I'm not not. Think I am going to abandon oscommerce and give PrestaShop a try and leave the programming to the programmers and just pay for the modules that I want in my store functionality.

Thanks again!

1 minute ago, Dnj1964 said:

Wish I was at least somewhat comfortable programming but I'm not not. Think I am going to abandon oscommerce and give PrestaShop a try and leave the programming to the programmers and just pay for the modules that I want in my store functionality.

Please keep in mind that you are trying to install an addon into a Phoenix shop that was not written for Phoenix. I think it should still work but until I release a Phoenix version it might be best to not try this one.

As for switching shops, each cart platform has advantages but I think you will be hard-pressed to find one that is as flexible as oscommerce, especially with new addons coming out that are mostly plug n' play. Also, if you are going to pay for an installation, there are people here that you can pay.  

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

2 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

Please keep in mind that you are trying to install an addon into a Phoenix shop that was not written for Phoenix. I think it should still work but until I release a Phoenix version it might be best to not try this one.

I realize that the version that I have working in 2.3.4.1 isn't for Phoenix. Was just relaying my experience in trying to add it to Phoenix.

4 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

As for switching shops, each cart platform has advantages but I think you will be hard-pressed to find one that is as flexible as oscommerce, especially with new addons coming out that are mostly plug n' play. Also, if you are going to pay for an installation, there are people here that you can pay.  

oscommerce is and was my first choice. Currently a Phoenix Supporter and that won't change. At least not until I decide which platform is right for my needs. And switching using Cart2Cart or other available software to migrate db makes it easy and relatively cost effective.

13 minutes ago, Dnj1964 said:

Thanks again!

You're better off taking @Jack_mcs advice and paying someone on here to do your install. A lot of the addons that are coming out are plug and play and those that aren't are being adapted so they can be. 

Spend your money on the supporters pack, and pay someone here to set it all up for you. Updates are no fuss because of the slim core, there are loads of free addons being converted daily to Phoenix standards and that's before you even mention the supporters codes. These are coming from both the main dev team and the other supporters.

12 hours ago, Dnj1964 said:

Think I am going to abandon oscommerce and give PrestaShop a try and leave the programming to the programmers and just pay for the modules that I want in my store functionality.

Unfortunately your not the first to do this and I doubt you will be the last. PreastaShop claimes about 250,000 shops curently and is popular ( I use it on a site). It too is very moduler but ships with most of the key modules ready to install if not installed.

However they have had issues, I belive if you check it's wiki page they state,

"In October 2019, PrestaShop closed the Miami headquarters and ceased its operations in the Americas.[10]

The current and latest version of Prestashop is 1.7.6.2[11]"

12 hours ago, JcMagpie said:

However they have had issues, I belive if you check it's wiki page they state,

"In October 2019, PrestaShop closed the Miami headquarters and ceased its operations in the Americas.

Awesome!

Bought a package deal from a competing store locally that was going out of business - 3 Zen Theme Templates and 64 Zen Modules.

We'll see how it goes, haven't installed it yet.

On 1/22/2020 at 2:29 PM, LeeFoster said:

You're better off taking @Jack_mcs advice and paying someone on here to do your install. A lot of the addons that are coming out are plug and play and those that aren't are being adapted so they can be. 

Spend your money on the supporters pack, and pay someone here to set it all up for you. Updates are no fuss because of the slim core, there are loads of free addons being converted daily to Phoenix standards and that's before you even mention the supporters codes. These are coming from both the main dev team and the other supporters.

Thanks for input.

• 2 months later...
On 1/22/2020 at 7:19 PM, Jack_mcs said:

Any news on when you might be doing the phoenix update for this?

17 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

It's close to needing testing. When it reaches that point, I will make a package available for testing. Thank you for the offer.

Not a problem, it's something I want so offering to test is the least I can do.

• 1 month later...
On 4/16/2020 at 3:34 PM, Jack_mcs said:

It's close to needing testing. When it reaches that point, I will make a package available for testing. Thank you for the offer.

Are we ready to test yet? Really want this before I launch my site.

• 3 months later...

Hello Jack,

Do you have news regarding this module?

I was able to adapt it to the Admin, but there are problems adapting to the site. This is due to the global modification of Phoenix in terms of adding templates.

There is a solution???

Support forum for osCommerce in russian language - from Ashkelon. Support since 2002.

Best regards,

Fredi