• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

I am actually adding the articles manually through the admin article submission.

2 minutes ago, JcMagpie said:

It looks as if the install is bad, I can only guess from the code I see but it looks to be missing the links in the db to the articles. I'm assuming when you add articles it saves in to db the actual artical and a id to find them all. It looks as if you have added articles by copying them over and not copied the links? Not sure just a guess.

Correct.

Should be being picked up by articles but there are no added topics yet so the topics seems to work correctly

1 minute ago, JcMagpie said:

Example /article_info.php?articles_id=2  is availale from its link , but it's not beeing picked up by all articles or all topics. So they are missing the links to that article

Ok so the articles are output by article_info.php which is working fine. The All Articles 4 is articles.php which is listing nothing. Check to see what it is calling to collect the artical list ans see if it is populated in the db.

That's about all I can offer as i haven used this add-on.

Hello Jack,

There is one more error on the page: header_tags_fill_tags.php

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in   /admin/header_tags_fill_tags.php on line 156

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in  /admin/header_tags_fill_tags.php on line 256

Support forum for osCommerce in russian language - from Ashkelon. Support since 2002.

Best regards,

Fredi

Simplest solution...

Edit includes/languages/english/articles.php

And remove "Blog"

Not the proper fix, but works.

15 hours ago, Dnj1964 said:

Only other issue is that Clicking through link "All Articles"

Goes to articles.php but doesn't show a list of articles but shows

image.png.07463786c079689800905188c64950e3.png

13 hours ago, Fredi said:

There is one more error on the page: header_tags_fill_tags.php

Those errors are caused by code Header Tags SEO, not this addon. Please post any problems for it in its support thread. With that said, you can change the code to the following and it might fix it (haven't tested it):

if ($fillTagsCtr['categories'] == 0 && is_array($fillTagsErrors) && count($fillTagsErrors['categories']) == 0)  {
            if ($fillTagsCtr['manufacturers'] == 0 && is_array($fillTagsErrors) && count($fillTagsErrors['manufacturers']) == 0) {

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, LeeFoster said:

Can articles only be submitted from the front end of the site or is there a way to do it from admin that I'm missing?

Both are possible. See the settings "Enable Article Review" and "Require Blog Post Approval".

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm sorry. I guess I don't understand the question. If you want to add a new article, then you can submit it in admin via the Topics/Articles section. If that is not what you are asking, please describe it in more detail and I will try again..

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

18 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

I'm sorry. I guess I don't understand the question. If you want to add a new article, then you can submit it in admin via the Topics/Articles section. If that is not what you are asking, please describe it in more detail and I will try again..

What I'm wanting to do is rather than submit the article from the front end of the shop and then approve it in the admin,  I want to submit it from the admin section and then approve it in the admin section.

All the people that submit articles on my site will be members of my team/staff so will have access to the admin section of my site.

So then you just need to go to admin->Article Manager->Topics/Articles and click the new article button in the topic you want it to appear. Have you tried this?

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

3 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

So then you just need to go to admin->Article Manager->Topics/Articles and click the new article button in the topic you want it to appear. Have you tried this?

I tried this and it gave me the option to add a new article but nowhere to actually write the article.

The attached image shows what the page should look like (it's a partial image). If you are not seeing that, something is wrong with your installation or maybe it is a compatibility problem with php. Are you seeing any errors displayed or in the log?

am.jpg

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

10 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

The attached image shows what the page should look like (it's a partial image). If you are not seeing that, something is wrong with your installation or maybe it is a compatibility problem with php. Are you seeing any errors displayed or in the log?

am.jpg

Yeah, I'm only seeing as far as image on my install.

Then the code is throwing an error for some reason.  You can add this after the error_reporting line In admin/includes/application_top.php to see the error. It needs to have the option set to show errors. If none show up, you can see if there is an error_log file in admin.

ini_set('display_errors','1'); 

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

5 minutes ago, Jack_mcs said:

Then the code is throwing an error for some reason.  You can add this after the error_reporting line In admin/includes/application_top.php to see the error. It needs to have the option set to show errors. If none show up, you can see if there is an error_log file in admin.

ini_set('display_errors','1'); 

I'm getting this in my apache logs.

Use of undefined constant USE_CACHE

40 minutes ago, LeeFoster said:

Use of undefined constant USE_CACHE

Then you have a Phoenix shop. The cache code was removed from it. You can add define(;USE_CACHE', 'true'); at the bottom of application_top to get around it until a new version is released.

2 minutes ago, LeeFoster said:

My new issue is the random floating insert and cancel buttons.

I don't understand the issue. The buttons float on purpose. You can remove that part of the code if you like since there are other buttons at the bottom of the page.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

1 minute ago, Jack_mcs said:

Then you have a Phoenix shop. The cache code was removed from it. You can add define(;USE_CACHE', 'true'); at the bottom of application_top to get around it until a new version is released.

Yes I do have a Phoenix shop, should have clarified that.

1 minute ago, Jack_mcs said:

I don't understand the issue. The buttons float on purpose. You can remove that part of the code if you like since there are other buttons at the bottom of the page.

As long as they're deliberate that's fine I'll just remove the code since as you said they're at the bottom too.

Ok made massive progress and have this mostly working as I want it in Phoenix. Only issue I'm seeing now is that when I click all articles in the Articles Box I get the below.

image.thumb.png.424dc15751c56a6e38a2f8938a23fa12.png

What I'd like to see is something like this -

image.thumb.png.874feb121430a2228e193f7e05c09453.png

But more importantly I'd just like it to show something. I've only created one article and no topics but I don't plan on using topics.