• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

A little simpler and presumably faster solution for $articles_head_desc_tag truncation:

if (DISPLAY_ABSTRACT_ARTICLE_LISTING == 'true') {
        $articles_head_desc_tag = $articles_listing['articles_head_desc_tag'];
        if (strlen($articles_listing['articles_head_desc_tag']) > MAX_ARTICLE_ABSTRACT_LENGTH) {
            $last_tag = strrchr($articles_head_desc_tag,'<');
            $articles_head_desc_tag = substr($articles_head_desc_tag,0, MAX_ARTICLE_ABSTRACT_LENGTH);
            $articles_head_desc_tag .= ' ... ' . $last_tag;
        }
?>
            <div class="main" style="padding-left:15px"><?php echo clean_html_comments($articles_head_desc_tag); ?></div>
<?php
      }

I haven't looked at a solution for this yet but this page claims to have one, though look at the time it takes. I have a function I use that builds an array of html tags so that I know where they are in the code. I use it for ignoring html when checking search engine position in a program I wrote for that. It works well. I think that would be a simpler solution to the above but I will need to test it.

Other than that, there is an old addon named "embed link" or something like that. The idea is that special characters are inserted in the text and then a function processes them as html. It could probably be adapted for this, though it would require the special characters to be entered into the descriptions.

I'm sure this is possible but whether it is useable, due to the load it adds to the page, may be in question. If I can find a solution that doesn't take too long to process, I will include it in the next version.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

More comments:

in admin/articles.php

======================================
replace spiffyCal with datepicker.

-remove the following around line 695:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/javascript/spiffyCal/spiffyCal_v2_1.css">
<script language="JavaScript" src="includes/javascript/spiffyCal/spiffyCal_v2_1.js"></script>
<script language="javascript">
<!--
  var dateAvailable = new ctlSpiffyCalendarBox("dateAvailable", "new_article", "articles_date_available","btnDate1","<?php echo $aInfo->articles_date_available; ?>",scBTNMODE_CUSTOMBLUE);
-->
</script>

-find around line 731

<tr>
            <td class="smallText"><?php echo TEXT_ARTICLES_DATE_AVAILABLE; ?><br><small>(YYYY-MM-DD)</small></td>
            <td class="smallText" align="left"><script language="javascript">dateAvailable.writeControl(); dateAvailable.dateFormat="yyyy-MM-dd";</script></td>
          </tr>

-replace with

<tr>
            <td class="smallText"><?php echo TEXT_ARTICLES_DATE_AVAILABLE; ?><br><small>(YYYY-MM-DD)</small></td>
            <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('articles_date_available', $aInfo->articles_date_available, 'id="articles_date_available"'); ?></td>
          </tr>

-find around line 865

</table></form>

-replace with

</table>
<script type="text/javascript">
$('#articles_date_available').datepicker({
  dateFormat: 'yy-mm-dd'
});
</script>    
    </form>

-delete the folder admin/includes/javascript/

======================================

When duplicating an article with "articles_date_available" NULL, the duplcate article's "articles_date_available" will be "0000-00-00 00:00:00".
When you later modify the duplicated article, the "articles_date_added" will be "0000-00-00 00:00:00".

-find around line 357

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " (articles_date_added, articles_date_available, articles_status, articles_is_blog, articles_sort_order, authors_id) values (now(), '" . tep_db_input($article['articles_date_available']) . "', '0', '" . (int)$sort_order . "', '" . (int)$article['authors_id'] . "')");

-replace with (this also fixes the missing value of "articles_is_blog" retrieved in the previous SELECT)

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " (articles_date_added, articles_date_available, articles_status, articles_is_blog, articles_sort_order, authors_id) values (now(), " . (isset($article['articles_date_available']) ? "'" . tep_db_input($article['articles_date_available']) . "'" : 'DEFAULT') . ",'0','" . tep_db_input($article['articles_is_blog']) . "', '" .(int)$sort_order . "', '" . (int)$article['authors_id'] . "')");

• 2 months later...

I am using 7.1 and added this to 2.3.4.1

In admin I have Article Manager at both the top and bottom in the left column as well as in configuration.

When I click on configuration everything works with the exception of a few items.

Display abstract in article listing

Display date added in article listing

both are set to true and clicking edit goes back to configuration window.

I rechecked all the file mods only mod in question would be: /catalog/tell_a_friend.php

/catalog/tell_a_friend.php

FIND (about line 153):

<!-- body_text //-->
<?php echo tep_draw_form('email_friend', tep_href_link(FILENAME_TELL_A_FRIEND, 'action=process&products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])); ?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
      <tr>
        <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
          <tr>
            <td class="pageHeading"><?php echo sprintf(HEADING_TITLE, $product_info['products_name']); ?></td>

Untouched 2.3.4.1 tell_a_friend and there is no code as above.

<?php
/*
  $Id$

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
  http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2010 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') && (ALLOW_GUEST_TO_TELL_A_FRIEND == 'false')) {
    $navigation->set_snapshot();
    tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));
  }

$valid_product = false;
  if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {
    $product_info_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
    if (tep_db_num_rows($product_info_query)) {
      $valid_product = true;

$product_info = tep_db_fetch_array($product_info_query);
    }
  }

if ($valid_product == false) {
    tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']));
  }

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_TELL_A_FRIEND);

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'process') && isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['formid']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['formid'] == $sessiontoken)) {
    $error = false;

$to_email_address = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['to_email_address']);
    $to_name = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['to_name']);
    $from_email_address = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['from_email_address']);
    $from_name = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['from_name']);
    $message = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['message']);

if (empty($from_name)) {
      $error = true;

$messageStack->add('friend', ERROR_FROM_NAME);
    }

if (!tep_validate_email($from_email_address)) {
      $error = true;

$messageStack->add('friend', ERROR_FROM_ADDRESS);
    }

if (empty($to_name)) {
      $error = true;

$messageStack->add('friend', ERROR_TO_NAME);
    }

if (!tep_validate_email($to_email_address)) {
      $error = true;

$messageStack->add('friend', ERROR_TO_ADDRESS);
    }

$actionRecorder = new actionRecorder('ar_tell_a_friend', (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') ? $customer_id : null), $from_name);
    if (!$actionRecorder->canPerform()) {
      $error = true;

$actionRecorder->record(false);

$messageStack->add('friend', sprintf(ERROR_ACTION_RECORDER, (defined('MODULE_ACTION_RECORDER_TELL_A_FRIEND_EMAIL_MINUTES') ? (int)MODULE_ACTION_RECORDER_TELL_A_FRIEND_EMAIL_MINUTES : 15)));
    }

if ($error == false) {
      $email_subject = sprintf(TEXT_EMAIL_SUBJECT, $from_name, STORE_NAME);
      $email_body = sprintf(TEXT_EMAIL_INTRO, $to_name, $from_name, $product_info['products_name'], STORE_NAME) . "\n\n";

if (tep_not_null($message)) {
        $email_body .= $message . "\n\n";
      }

$email_body .= sprintf(TEXT_EMAIL_LINK, tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'], 'NONSSL', false)) . "\n\n" .
                     sprintf(TEXT_EMAIL_SIGNATURE, STORE_NAME . "\n" . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . "\n");

tep_mail($to_name, $to_email_address, $email_subject, $email_body, $from_name, $from_email_address);

$actionRecorder->record();

$messageStack->add_session('header', sprintf(TEXT_EMAIL_SUCCESSFUL_SENT, $product_info['products_name'], tep_output_string_protected($to_name)), 'success');

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']));
    }
  } elseif (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
    $account_query = tep_db_query("select customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "'");
    $account = tep_db_fetch_array($account_query);

$from_name = $account['customers_firstname'] . ' ' . $account['customers_lastname'];
    $from_email_address = $account['customers_email_address'];
  }

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_TELL_A_FRIEND, 'products_id=' . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']));

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_top.php');
?>

<h1><?php echo sprintf(HEADING_TITLE, $product_info['products_name']); ?></h1>

<?php
  if ($messageStack->size('friend') > 0) {
    echo $messageStack->output('friend');
  }
?>

<?php echo tep_draw_form('email_friend', tep_href_link(FILENAME_TELL_A_FRIEND, 'action=process&products_id=' . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']), 'post', '', true); ?>

<div class="contentContainer">
  <div>
    <span class="inputRequirement" style="float: right;"><?php echo FORM_REQUIRED_INFORMATION; ?></span>
    <h2><?php echo FORM_TITLE_CUSTOMER_DETAILS; ?></h2>
  </div>

<div class="contentText">
    <table border="0" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" width="100%">
      <tr>
        <td class="fieldKey"><?php echo FORM_FIELD_CUSTOMER_NAME; ?></td>
        <td class="fieldValue"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('from_name'); ?></td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
        <td class="fieldKey"><?php echo FORM_FIELD_CUSTOMER_EMAIL; ?></td>
        <td class="fieldValue"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('from_email_address'); ?></td>
      </tr>
    </table>
  </div>

<h2><?php echo FORM_TITLE_FRIEND_DETAILS; ?></h2>

<tr>
        <td class="fieldKey"><?php echo FORM_FIELD_FRIEND_NAME; ?></td>
        <td class="fieldValue"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('to_name') . '&nbsp;<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_FIRST_NAME_TEXT . '</span>'; ?></td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
        <td class="fieldKey"><?php echo FORM_FIELD_FRIEND_EMAIL; ?></td>
        <td class="fieldValue"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('to_email_address') . '&nbsp;<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS_TEXT . '</span>'; ?></td>
      </tr>
    </table>
  </div>

<h2><?php echo FORM_TITLE_FRIEND_MESSAGE; ?></h2>

<tr>
        <td class="fieldValue"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('message', 'soft', 40, 8); ?></td>
      </tr>
    </table>
  </div>

<div class="buttonSet">
    <span class="buttonAction"><?php echo tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE, 'triangle-1-e', null, 'primary'); ?></span>

<?php echo tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_BACK, 'triangle-1-w', tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])); ?>
  </div>
</div>

</form>

<?php
  require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_bottom.php');
  require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');
?>

Closest code is:

<?php echo tep_draw_form('email_friend', tep_href_link(FILENAME_TELL_A_FRIEND, 'action=process&products_id=' . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']), 'post', '', true); ?>

but no table attributes all <div>

Other code not found as well.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated

@Dnj1964You don't mention what version of this addon you are using or if you are using the official or CE version of oscommerce so I'm limited in helping you. But the fact that you have two sections in admin means there is an installation mistake. That needs to be fixed before anything else is done.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

10 hours ago, Jack_mcs said:

@Dnj1964You don't mention what version of this addon you are using or if you are using the official or CE version of oscommerce so I'm limited in helping you. But the fact that you have two sections in admin means there is an installation mistake. That needs to be fixed before anything else is done.

I am using the official version downloaded from the oscommerce site.

And installed Articles Manager 1.57_8

1 hour ago, Dnj1964 said:

I am using the official version downloaded from the oscommerce site.

And installed Articles Manager 1.57_8 

As to why I can't set had a look at the database install file and in both Display Abstract and Display Date the configuration is only set to true no option to set to false.

Should now just be a simple database change.

$lines[] = "INSERT INTO configuration (" . $fields       . ") VALUES ('Display Topic in Article Listing', 'DISPLAY_TOPIC_ARTICLE_LISTING', 'true', 'Display the Topic in the Article Listing?', '" . $configuration_group_id . "', '" . ($sortID++). "', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now(), NULL)";
      $lines[] = "INSERT INTO configuration (" . $fields       . ") VALUES ('Display Abstract in Article Listing', 'DISPLAY_ABSTRACT_ARTICLE_LISTING', 'true', 'Display the Abstract in the Article Listing?', '" . $configuration_group_id . "', '" . ($sortID++). "', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', ', now(), NULL)";

$lines[] = "INSERT INTO configuration (" . $fields       . ") VALUES ('Display Date Added in Article Listing', 'DISPLAY_DATE_ADDED_ARTICLE_LISTING', 'true', 'Display the Date Added in the Article Listing?', '" . $configuration_group_id . "', '" . ($sortID++). "', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', ', now(), NULL)";

$lines[] = "INSERT INTO configuration (" . $fields       . ") VALUES ('Display Topic/Author Filter', 'ARTICLE_LIST_FILTER', 'true', 'Do you want to display the Topic/Author Filter?', '" . $configuration_group_id . "', '" . ($sortID++). "', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now(), NULL)";

As for why Article shows top and bottom and in Configuration as well, that is a mystery, have rechecked the coding 3 times.

Only file that has any code mis-match is /catalog/tell_a_friend

The difference are mostly $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] in the Article Manager and (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] in the OSC file

2 hours ago, Dnj1964 said:

I am using the official version downloaded from the oscommerce site

That's too bad for a number of reasons. But as far as this addon is concerned, you probably should use the BS version for the installation. The  2.3 version is for an older version of the official version (there are too many versions to have files for all of them).

For the database, if you run the article_manager_update_configure.php file it should correct the database settings.

For the tell-a-friend changes, unless your file has been altered, it is best just to replace it with the one in the BS directory.

Unfortunately, there are a number of things that may cause the installation to fail due to the addon not being updated in a while. I do apologize for that. I have a new version here that addresses those problems but it is not ready for release. I will get it finished and uploaded but it won't be son, I'm sorry to say.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

To those that interested, there is a planned update, probably within the next few weeks.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

Thanks Jack.
I look forward to the update with impatience.
I have been using this addon for many years and have long been looking forward to adapting it to the community version.

Support forum for osCommerce in russian language - from Ashkelon. Support since 2002.

Best regards,

Fredi

@FrediIt is mostly done. I just need to find the time to do some testing and update the instructions. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jack!

After the upgrade is complete, I will test it and let you know the results.

An important option is to save the blog format and the correct blog editing page.
Adding articles to the user, this is my opinion can be deleted.
It is advisable to make it possible to update after editing without preview, as you have done on the information pages. The option to select a visual editor can also be excluded. The editor can be added by simply adjusting the Text field.

Edited by Fredi

Support forum for osCommerce in russian language - from Ashkelon. Support since 2002.

Best regards,

Fredi

23 hours ago, Fredi said:

An important option is to save the blog format and the correct blog editing page.
Adding articles to the user, this is my opinion can be deleted.

Please explain these in mode detail. I'm not sure I understand.

Also, please see the PM I sent you.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone

I looking for an article manager or blog addon that is compatible with v2.3.4.1 BS4.

Should be compatible with this https://apps.oscommerce.com/wXxA8&google-xml-sitemap-seo&v=23
and with this too
https://apps.oscommerce.com/36rDo&ultimate-seo-urls (I know this is for 2.2 but I could only integrate this)

so i need an article manager to v2.3.4.1 BS4.

Thx.

@accesidA new version of this addon will be available soon. It has been most completed but there are some problems that need to be ironed out first. But, just so you know, this addon required Header Tags SEO to be installed. if you don't have that addon and don't plan to install it, this addon won't work for you,

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for the reply (I understand it... I will try first to install the Header Tag SEO)
Can you tell me if I use (https://apps.oscommerce.com/36rDo&ultimate-seo-urls) addon is the new article manager that will be redy soon, what url structure will it appear to me?
I'd like to publish articles before your addon will be redy and I'll put them in the article manager later. But now I want to upload manually edited articles in html format but in finaly format (structure) off url.

The format is

article-name-a-ID.html

Here is an example from my site for the article with the name of "Discount Coupon versus Gift Vouchers":

https://www.oscommerce-solution.com/discount-coupons-versus-gift-vouchers-oscommerce-a-14.html

Note that the version of Article Manager on my site has changes not in the current released version but not all of the changes that will be in the next version.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons