• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

Ahh ... I see. Is Seo Urls 5 supposed to be creating SEO friendly URLs for the articles, then? If so, where do I find them?

I don't understand what you mean by where you find them. But if this contribution is working correctly with SEO 5 turned off but not with it turned on, then you need to ask in its support thread.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

includes/modules/article_listing.php is calling for function clean_html_comments and is causing an error. I do not have this file and it is not in the stock osc 2.2. Can this function be removed?

Hi Jack,

includes/modules/article_listing.php is calling for function clean_html_comments and is causing an error. I do not have this file and it is not in the stock osc 2.2. Can this function be removed?

That's always been a part of Article Manager. If you are using version 1_57, then it is in Header Tags SEO, which is required. If you are using one of the other versions, then it is included with that package.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 4 weeks later...

After installation in admin trying to add one article I get this error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 11683 bytes) in /home/xxxx/public_html/new2/oscadmin/includes/functions/articles.php on line 53

I have checked everything carefully but cannot find any errors made. I have a Osc 2.3.3 shop. The only problem I had during installation was in catalog/tell-a-friend.php. I could not find places where I should put in the last two things.

After installation in admin trying to add one article I get this error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 11683 bytes) in /home/xxxx/public_html/new2/oscadmin/includes/functions/articles.php on line 53

I have checked everything carefully but cannot find any errors made. I have a Osc 2.3.3 shop. The only problem I had during installation was in catalog/tell-a-friend.php. I could not find places where I should put in the last two things.

The error is in your admin, not the shop. It is saying it is running out of memory before the part of Article Manager you are using can complete. In a case like this, it usually means there is a loop of some kind in the code. I don't have a fix for you since it can be many things. But you should verify all of the changes have been made correctly in admin and that the database changes were made correctly. This assumes you are you using my latest version and have Header Tags SEO correctly installed.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I think I have checked it carefully. It's the latest version and I have Header Tags SEO installed an working.

There is one more problem. If I activate the article box and then look at the first page in the shop I get a blank page. The source code is this:

<style type="text/css">

.separatorArticle {

height: 1px;

color: #FF0000;

}

.separatorBlogArticle {

}

.separatorNewArticle {

}

.separatorTopic {

}

</style>

Can this be related to the first problem in admin?

I have discovered that it's only when using english as the language I get these two problems:

- Fatals errors in admin when trying to include an article

- Blank page in front-end shop

I have one more language and for that everytning works just fine both in admin and the shop. I have compared all the language files and they seem OK. Can anyone help?

I have discovered that it's only when using english as the language I get these two problems:

- Fatals errors in admin when trying to include an article

- Blank page in front-end shop

I have one more language and for that everytning works just fine both in admin and the shop. I have compared all the language files and they seem OK. Can anyone help?

"Fatal errors" doesn't mean anything without the error.

A blank page usually means a file meant for the root was copied intothe lanugage directory, or vice versa.

Your problems appear to be too speicific to your installation so I don't think it can be solved in a support thread like this but maybe someone will prove me wrong.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

I have Article manager version 1.57 installed in an 2.3.3 oscommerce and everything is working. I should however want to change the way articles are presented in the article cross-sell box in the product page.

Now if I have two articles linked to one and the same product they are included side by side in the box. I should want to have them under each other aligned to the left. I know that this has to do with the articles_pxsell.php file. I got the first aligned to the left but how do I get the two articles listed under each other?

That was not that diffucult despite very low knowledge in php. I changed the articles_px.php file to this in the midle:

while ($xsell = tep_db_fetch_array($xsell_query)) {

$xsell['products_name'] = tep_get_products_name($xsell['products_id']);

$info_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('align' => 'left',

'params' => 'class="smallText" width="33%" valign="top"',

'text' => tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'icons/article.gif').' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO, 'articles_id=' . $xsell['articles_id']) . '">' . $xsell['articles_name'] . '</a><br>');

$col = 0;

$row ++;

}

Can be good to know for anyone that has the same problem as I had.

Now I have problems with the Article cross-sell box in product information. It is not stiled in the same way as the other boxes in 2.3. Any tips how I could change that?

I have searched but not found any information on that.

Hello and thanks for this contribution it is wicked.

I do have a small problem though. When in admin i have an article that i just want as a blog. Now since there is a status switch for article and blog and thought that this would allow me to either have it as a blog only - article only or have it as both.

For some reason i cant have it as a blog only as when i switch it off as a article it also disappears as a blog. Is there a work round for this?

Also when a customer adds comments to the blog and they are not logged in it allows them to write in the comments box and when they click on submit it then takes them to login. I then log in and hey wheres my comment gone. The comment i wrote disappears.

Also is there any way of having a blog box seperate to the articles box as i am wanting to use the blog as a kind of latest news and it would be great if i could have the article box seperate to the blog. Still leave it on the main article box as you can switch it off anyway but it would be really good for a seperate blog box that i can control the height so i can show last 5 blog articles.

Any ideas would be wicked on the above..

Thanks

Hello and thanks for this contribution it is wicked.

I do have a small problem though. When in admin i have an article that i just want as a blog. Now since there is a status switch for article and blog and thought that this would allow me to either have it as a blog only - article only or have it as both.

For some reason i cant have it as a blog only as when i switch it off as a article it also disappears as a blog. Is there a work round for this?

Also when a customer adds comments to the blog and they are not logged in it allows them to write in the comments box and when they click on submit it then takes them to login. I then log in and hey wheres my comment gone. The comment i wrote disappears.

Also is there any way of having a blog box seperate to the articles box as i am wanting to use the blog as a kind of latest news and it would be great if i could have the article box seperate to the blog. Still leave it on the main article box as you can switch it off anyway but it would be really good for a seperate blog box that i can control the height so i can show last 5 blog articles.

Any ideas would be wicked on the above..

Thanks

By definition, at least in this contribution, a blog article is one where a customer can respond and an article is where a customer cannot respond so having both in the same article is not possible.

A blog comment is not remmebered so if you don't want your customer to re-enter it, you would need to add a comment to the page saying to login before posting. Or the code could be altered to remember the article but that's beyond the scope of a support thread.

There's nothing in the code to separate the articles.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

By definition, at least in this contribution, a blog article is one where a customer can respond and an article is where a customer cannot respond so having both in the same article is not possible.

Hello, sorry i think this was misunderstood.

I am not wanting it to be both. In admin you have a choice on the status buttons on each article you write to say whether it is active as an article and a status button for active as a blog.

1. You can have it active as a blog but the article button also has to be active.

2. You can have it active as a article and not a blog.

3. But you cant have it active as a blog only as if you switch it off as a article it also does not show as a blog?

It is the 3rd option that i am wondering about. So i can have it just as a blog only and not a article.

Hope that makes sense...lol

Hello, sorry i think this was misunderstood.

I am not wanting it to be both. In admin you have a choice on the status buttons on each article you write to say whether it is active as an article and a status button for active as a blog.

1. You can have it active as a blog but the article button also has to be active.

2. You can have it active as a article and not a blog.

3. But you cant have it active as a blog only as if you switch it off as a article it also does not show as a blog?

It is the 3rd option that i am wondering about. So i can have it just as a blog only and not a article.

Hope that makes sense...lol

The status button is for making the article, whether it is a blog or not, visible on the site. Once it is visible, changing the blog status determines if it is seen as an article or a blog article.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

As I understand your description, that is how it works. But if it isn't like you want then the code would need to be changed. It is podssible, just not simple.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I changed the articles_pxsell to below to get the 2.3 box model. I know it's not 100% correct but it works for me.

<?php

/*

$Id: articles_pxsell.php, v1.0 2006/03/11 12:00:00 Rigadin $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2006 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

if ($_GET['products_id']) {

$xsell_query = tep_db_query("select distinct ax.articles_id, ad.articles_name, a.articles_last_modified from " . TABLE_ARTICLES_XSELL . " ax LEFT JOIN ".TABLE_ARTICLES." a USING(articles_id) LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad USING(articles_id) where ax.xsell_id = '" . (int)$_GET['products_id'] . "' and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and a.articles_status = '1' order by a.articles_last_modified");

$num_products_xsell = tep_db_num_rows($xsell_query);

if ($num_products_xsell >= MIN_DISPLAY_ARTICLES_XSELL) {

?>

<!-- xsell_articles //-->

<div class="ui-widget infoBoxContainer">

<div class="ui-widget-header ui-corner-top infoBoxHeading">

<span><?php echo TEXT_PXSELL_ARTICLES; ?></span>

</div>

<?php echo $info_box_contents; ?>

</div>

<?php

$info_box_contents = array();

$row = 0;

$col = 0;

$info_box_contents = array();

while ($xsell = tep_db_fetch_array($xsell_query)) {

$xsell['products_name'] = tep_get_products_name($xsell['products_id']);

$info_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('align' => 'left',

'params' => 'class="smallText" width="33%" valign="top"',

'text' => tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'icons/article.gif').' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO, 'articles_id=' . $xsell['articles_id']) . '">' . $xsell['articles_name'] . '</a><br>');

$col = 0;

$row ++;

}

new contentBox($info_box_contents);

?>

<!-- xsell_articles_eof //-->

<?php

}

}

?>

Hi, everyone. I am hoping one of the experienced Article Manager gurus will have seen this problem before: on our beta site (http://mantra.pc-handyman.net), we have successfully installed Article Manager v. 1.1. However, we are running into a problem with the Boxes filter (specifically the Banner Set) not properly restricting the display of Banners to only the Home page (index.php). Despite the fact that the articles.php and article_info.php pages are deselected under "display on pages" (the only page selected is index.php), the Banners are showing up on both the articles.php page and on article_info.php. We have inserted a bit of code to remove them from articles.php, but we have not inserted an exception on article_info.php. The reason for this is that when we inserted the exception on the articles.php page, it caused the "Welcome Guest!..." message to pop up on the Home page, the articles.php page and the article_info.php page. We have gotten rid of the "Welcome Guest!..." message, but the Boxes filter still isn't properly restricting the Banners to just the Home page.

Has anyone successfully solved this problem of the Boxes filter not working properly with Article Manager 1.1?

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Edited by don0don

Hi Jack,

How can I adjust the size of the article xsell box? Where are the parameters drawn from in 2.2?

It uses the standard oscommerce code to draw a box. Whatever adjustment you make to it will change other boxes in your shop that use the same code. It is the contentbox in the includes/classes/boxes.php file. The box code uses classes from the stylesheet so you can change those.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

How do I remove the All Topics link in the Articles box? This places itself on the first position before the individual topics.

When I press RSS feed and include that in for example Google Reader I get the link "RSS article Feed" in the reader. I should want to change that to the store name. Is that possible?