• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

Thanks Jack...

With your instructions, I've finally managed to get the Articles box to show... But still not the "actual" articles. No matter what I try, the list stays on empty.

Do you think that the fact that I got a bilingual shop (French-English)could be the problem?

Thanks Jack...

With your instructions, I've finally managed to get the Articles box to show... But still not the "actual" articles. No matter what I try, the list stays on empty.

Do you think that the fact that I got a bilingual shop (French-English)could be the problem?

Be sure the articles exist in admin and are enabled.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Be sure the articles exist in admin and are enabled.

Double checked that... The articles are enabled and the status is on "green". I guess they should show in the Articles box, but they don't, unfortunately...

Could it be a conflict with another module?

(Edit: Just noticed that when I write an article in the english language admin panel and that I hit "Insert", the article is NOT created. Before that, I was only writing in the admin panel in french... And it did create the articles when I finished them with the "Insert". It's just that they never showed on the website)

Edited by EPStore

Double checked that... The articles are enabled and the status is on "green". I guess they should show in the Articles box, but they don't, unfortunately...

Could it be a conflict with another module?

(Edit: Just noticed that when I write an article in the english language admin panel and that I hit "Insert", the article is NOT created. Before that, I was only writing in the admin panel in french... And it did create the articles when I finished them with the "Insert". It's just that they never showed on the website)

If you switch to French on the shop side, do the articles show up? If they do, then the code is working correctly and it is just that youdon't have articles written in English in admin.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

If you switch to French on the shop side, do the articles show up? If they do, then the code is working correctly and it is just that youdon't have articles written in English in admin.

Unfortunately, no. They don't show either way.

I'd like to give you more info to help you help me... but I really don't know what's wrong :( On the admin side, my articles in french got the "green light", and the module is set on "true".

What could have gone wrong?

Unfortunately, no. They don't show either way.

I'd like to give you more info to help you help me... but I really don't know what's wrong :( On the admin side, my articles in french got the "green light", and the module is set on "true".

What could have gone wrong?

It sounds like there is something wrong with your shops code but I don't have any suggestions for fixing it. It is also possible there is a coding mistake in the contributions code that makes it fail with different languages, though it works for me here so I don't think that is the case. All I can think to suggest is to look at the settings for Article Manager. Maybe you have something disabled that is preventing the articles from showing. Short of that, I think you will need someone to look at your shop to determine the problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Short of that, I think you will need someone to look at your shop to determine the problem.

Ya, I think that's all there's left for me to do.

Thanks anyway for the help! :)

Edit: A quick little question... Should there be something appearing when I click on "Configuration" in the Article Manager? Cause it's empty...

Edited by EPStore

Ya, I think that's all there's left for me to do.

Thanks anyway for the help! :)

Edit: A quick little question... Should there be something appearing when I click on "Configuration" in the Article Manager? Cause it's empty...

Yes, the settings should show. Missing settings would explain the problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I've made it! Thanks Jack, with your answers I've finally got it to work!

But that doesn't mean I got it perfect :)

Still got 2 "little" problems to fix.

I'll start with number 1: where can I access the layout instructions for this module? Because it has messed up the whole layout of my texts. In my disclaimer, for example, the spacing between the lines is way too big and I'm left with blocks of text followed by big empty spaces.

Is there a way for Article Manager not to affect the rest of the site?

I've made it! Thanks Jack, with your answers I've finally got it to work!

But that doesn't mean I got it perfect :)

Still got 2 "little" problems to fix.

I'll start with number 1: where can I access the layout instructions for this module? Because it has messed up the whole layout of my texts. In my disclaimer, for example, the spacing between the lines is way too big and I'm left with blocks of text followed by big empty spaces.

Is there a way for Article Manager not to affect the rest of the site?

That's not the normal operation so it is probably something in your shop causing it. I've no way to determine that in a thread like this though.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That's not the normal operation so it is probably something in your shop causing it. I've no way to determine that in a thread like this though.

OK, I'll try to fix that one by myself... So I guess that leaves me with question number 2 :)

I was wondering if it's possible to have the Articles & Authors boxes only show on some of the pages of the store and not all of them?

I'd like for the articles to appear in column left only when I click on a link in the header. Is that possible?

OK, I'll try to fix that one by myself... So I guess that leaves me with question number 2 :)

I was wondering if it's possible to have the Articles & Authors boxes only show on some of the pages of the store and not all of them?

I'd like for the articles to appear in column left only when I click on a link in the header. Is that possible?

It's not possible from within the contribution. You can do it yourself with something like, which will only show it on the index.php page

if (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) == FILENAME_DEFAULT)

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

OK, I managed to fix problem number 1.

In fact, it was that coding in bm_articles.php that was affecting my layout (so I just erased it):

<style type="text/css">
     .separatorArticle {
     height: 1px;
     color: #FF0000;
     }
     .separatorBlogArticle {
     }
     .separatorNewArticle {
     }
     .separatorTopic {
     }
     </style>

So I'm back with question number 2...

It's not possible from within the contribution. You can do it yourself with something like, which will only show it on the index.php page

if (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) == FILENAME_DEFAULT)

Jack, could you please develop your idea a little bit? In what file should I be doing the modification?

And would it work for any page or just for index.php?

Thanks a lot!

Jack, could you please develop your idea a little bit? In what file should I be doing the modification?

And would it work for any page or just for index.php?

For 2.3, you would need to place it at the top of the bm article boxes (along with a closing } at the bottom). The FILENAME_DEFAULT can be whatever page you like, or you can change it to != if there are multiple pages. This code is common oscommerce code so you should search the forum for it if you need more examples.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

For 2.3, you would need to place it at the top of the bm article boxes (along with a closing } at the bottom). The FILENAME_DEFAULT can be whatever page you like, or you can change it to != if there are multiple pages. This code is common oscommerce code so you should search the forum for it if you need more examples.

OK, just did what you recommended...

Now, when I access the page I specified as the FILENAME_DEFAULT, everything looks fine... But when I try to enter ANY other page in my shop, I get this error:

Fatal error: Class 'bm_articles' not found in C:\wamp\www\MyStore\includes\classes\osc_template.php on line 90

Thanks again for all this help!

OK, just did what you recommended...

Now, when I access the page I specified as the FILENAME_DEFAULT, everything looks fine... But when I try to enter ANY other page in my shop, I get this error:

Fatal error: Class 'bm_articles' not found in C:\wamp\www\MyStore\includes\classes\osc_template.php on line 90

Thanks again for all this help!

This is beyond the scope of support for this contribution. You can try posting in the general forum to see if anyone will help though.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Firstly let me start by publicly thanking the creators of this add-on, it is absolutely fantastic Thank you.

Now for my issues, I have tried for days now to work this out, and for the life me I just cant get the RSS feed to work. I am certain it is something I have done, just not sure what.

I have all the files in place and all the code seems to be fine, yet when someone clicks on the link I created you get the following response from IE : "This feed contains code errors" within Chrome you get a little more information " <b>Warning</b>: require(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_ARTICLE_RSS) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/var/www/vhosts/cobratoys.com.au/httpdocs/article_rss.php</b> on line <b>23</b><br />"

now I have checked line 23 of the article_rss.php file and it is the include line for the article_rss.php file from the languages directory, now this file exists and seems ot be correct (I have re loaded it to be sure) but still I get the problem.

Any ideas or tips on solving this would be most appreciated. Thanks

Its always the way, as soon as you give in and ask for help, you solve the problem. It was a syntax errror in the filenames.php file that was preventing it from working.

So now on to the next error with my RSS feed, it now has the error msg "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'limit10' at line 1"

Its always the way, as soon as you give in and ask for help, you solve the problem. It was a syntax errror in the filenames.php file that was preventing it from working.

So now on to the next error with my RSS feed, it now has the error msg "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'limit10' at line 1"

What's the actual error?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Now that is the ahrd part, I now dont seem to get an actual error at all. IE just says "The feed contains code errors" and Chrome displays the html for the page, but no error. so I am now more confused than ever.

You can see the results here : http://cobratoys.com.au/article_rss.php

Thanks

I didn't realize you are not using version 1_57. I only support that version so I can't help with your problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I didn't realize you are not using version 1_57. I only support that version so I can't help with your problem.

Thank you for taking the time to look anyway.