• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

Sorry for double post, but OK, I've figured a few things out. I AM getting the comment/blog section. I'm not sure if this is by design, but the user only gets the ability to comment IF, on the infobox, they choose the article title directly. Otherwise, if they get to the article by going through "All Blog Articles", "All Articles", "All Topics", or even through the RSS feed, then they get a version of the article where they can only add a review or print, but cannot comment. Is this correct?

Overall this contribution is and works great. Here are some notes I've been taking:

-on cat/articles_submit.php, was getting an error claiming unneeded '}' on line 332 (there is no 332)..there was some white space after last ?>..deleted whitespace and worked.

Under Submit Article...

a) input fields jump over the right column (doesn't seem to affect abilities)

b-) single pics (either author or article image) do not show up either in admin or published article, and multiple pics (author/article image) don't allow submission (<<probably not going to use on my site anyway, but hey thought I'd mention)

The only request I can think of is some sort of notification that an article and/or comment has been submitted...either by email or bold print in the admin.

If I find anything else will let you know.

Thanks Again for your hard work on this!

Sorry for double post, but OK, I've figured a few things out. I AM getting the comment/blog section. I'm not sure if this is by design, but the user only gets the ability to comment IF, on the infobox, they choose the article title directly. Otherwise, if they get to the article by going through "All Blog Articles", "All Articles", "All Topics", or even through the RSS feed, then they get a version of the article where they can only add a review or print, but cannot comment. Is this correct?

The only request I can think of is some sort of notification that an article and/or comment has been submitted...either by email or bold print in the admin.

One can only add comments to a blog article. If the article is not declared as a blog article in admin, comments cannot be added.

Code to send email is already in the code for both submit an article and submit a comment code.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The following mysql command was not included with the last update so anyone upgrading to it should make this change. This is not needed for new installations.

ALTER TABLE `articles` ADD `articles_is_blog` TINYINT( 1 ) NOT NULL default 0;

And the following is missing for changes to includes/languages/english.php

define('BOX_ALL_BLOG_ARTICLES', 'All Blog Articles');

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

One can only add comments to a blog article. If the article is not declared as a blog article in admin, comments cannot be added.

Code to send email is already in the code for both submit an article and submit a comment code.

ahh yes, sorry, new install, didn't set up the email yet.

here's what's happening with my declared blog articles:

onewithblog.png

^^Good^^^

...but then...

lins.png

nocommentsd.png

Unless I'm missing something in the configuration maybe??

also here is what my sumbit article looks like:

submitfields.png

just if you have an idea on these, cool..these aren't major issues for me and can work around them..

thanks

Edited by theoiks

here's what's happening with my declared blog articles:

also here is what my sumbit article looks like:

The first problem is due to the code not checking for what type of article is being shown. I will have to make a change for that one.

I have this installed in a new 2.3.1 shop here and it doesn't display the way you show so I can only guess that you changed some of the template settings.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi...

First of all, sorry for my bad English...

I'm runing on v2.2. Last week I installed "Articles Manager V 1.57_6". I have installed "HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.2.5" - and all seems good for me, before I write a test article...

I have installed two languages on my site... - Bulgarian and English - and my Article - shows only in Bulgarian, when I choose English - nothing shown... When I go to admin area - and click - edit... Text show only in Bulgarian area... The English areas are Empty...

I cheked install instruction several times... All instructions are OK... Please help... I need this contrib...

I'm runing on v2.2. Last week I installed "Articles Manager V 1.57_6". I have installed "HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.2.5" - and all seems good for me, before I write a test article...

I have installed two languages on my site... - Bulgarian and English - and my Article - shows only in Bulgarian, when I choose English - nothing shown... When I go to admin area - and click - edit... Text show only in Bulgarian area... The English areas are Empty...

I cheked install instruction several times... All instructions are OK... Please help... I need this contrib...

Did you try filling in the missing text for English in admin? Do authors and topics work for languages?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I am install 'Header Tags SEO 3.2.5' and 'Article Manager 1.57' to oscommerce 2.31 follow instructions in readme.txt

Module 'Header Tags SEO' work without any errors, but in Article Manager when I add article or topic, they not displayed in Topics/Articles list, but present in database (I see it in Phpmyadmin).

I not find some code fragment to change in catalog/tell-a-friend.php - about line 153 and about line 268, but I think this does not influence to my problem...

In what the reason?

I am install 'Header Tags SEO 3.2.5' and 'Article Manager 1.57' to oscommerce 2.31 follow instructions in readme.txt

Module 'Header Tags SEO' work without any errors, but in Article Manager when I add article or topic, they not displayed in Topics/Articles list, but present in database (I see it in Phpmyadmin).

I not find some code fragment to change in catalog/tell-a-friend.php - about line 153 and about line 268, but I think this does not influence to my problem...

In what the reason?

Is it failing for some language other than English or does it fail for English too? Can you add an author? Does the author display correctly on the shop?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Is it failing for some language other than English or does it fail for English too? Can you add an author? Does the author display correctly on the shop?

Both, In Russian and English section too. I add author without any problem. Author section display correct both in admin section and front page.

Also I found problem with display Articles box in front page in IE - right column is displayed under left column (Firefox,Chrome and Opera display right column correct). I use 'column listing with smart column' module.

Both, In Russian and English section too. I add author without any problem. Author section display correct both in admin section and front page.

Also I found problem with display Articles box in front page in IE - right column is displayed under left column (Firefox,Chrome and Opera display right column correct). I use 'column listing with smart column' module.

Did you apply the fixes I mentioned a few posts back? When you first installed the contribution, did you have a topic showing? The default installation has a topic already setup. If you didn't have that, then something is wrong with the basic installation.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack!

Thanks for Your immpresive contributions!

I installed newest Article Manager for 2.3.1. and have some problems.

I checked installation - everything should be OK. Maybe You or someone else understand the problem.

When I try to read blog article - clicking on blog title link - appears this:

Not Found

The requested URL /FILENAME_ARTICLE_BLOG was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.13 Server at perlubode.com Port 80

If I try to accept any Article Review appears this:

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/u s e r n a m e/public_html/perlubode.com/a d m i n/article_reviews.php on line 121

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/u s e r n a m e/public_html/perlubode.com/a d m i n/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/u s e r n a m e/public_html/perlubode.com/a d m i n/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

Article Reviews

Article:

Date:

Review:

Rating: of 5 Stars! [ of 5 Stars!]

Thanks again,

Gvido

PS

Do You plan All products SEO adjust for 2.3.1.?

I tryed before when tested shop with previous osc relises, It works perfect!

Thanks for Your immpresive contributions!

I installed newest Article Manager for 2.3.1. and have some problems.

I checked installation - everything should be OK. Maybe You or someone else understand the problem.

Please see my recent posts regarding missing code. They should fix that.

Do You plan All products SEO adjust for 2.3.1.?

I tryed before when tested shop with previous osc relises, It works perfect!

Yes, it is being worked on but I don't know when it will be released.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for replay.

Second problem is resolved.

But first problem is actual.

I have this line:

Also I have installed article_blog.php in catalog!

Also, in IE my right column appears on left side.

Any ideas?

Thanks

It's in the instructions.

Also I have installed article_blog.php in catalog!

It works correctly in a standard shop so either you made a mistake in the file changes or the code in your shop has been altered and is causing a problem. Use the included files to test and compare with.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It works correctly in a standard shop so either you made a mistake in the file changes or the code in your shop has been altered and is causing a problem. Use the included files to test and compare with.

Hi Folks,

I swung by this thread because I was having the same problem as Gvido with IE8...if I inserted the article box in the right column, it would line up underneath the left column. I then noticed the manufacturers dropdown box was protruding outside of the column border (as well as the author dropdown box from this contribution).

For me, the fix was to go into catalog/includes/modules/boxes/bm-manufactures.php, find this tidbit around line 66:

style="width: 100%"

and change to

style="width: 90%"

It seems you would have to do the same for any infobox that has a dropdown in it, including the authors infobox from this contribution.

Jack, this also seems to have fixed my problem with the 'submit an article' jumping over the right column.

Two other notes....I was having a problem in IE8 where the entire store would align left (not center) if the article infobox was enabled (either left or right column). I removed the css which seems to be a workaround....

In catalog/includes/modules/boxes/bm-articles.php, remove:

?>
     <style type="text/css">
     .separatorArticle {
     height: 1px;
     color: #FF0000;
     }
     .separatorBlogArticle {
     }
     .separatorNewArticle {
     }
     .separatorTopic {
     }
     </style>
     <?php

I didn't notice any change in the appearance of the infobox...looks fine, HOWEVER I did notice that separatorArticle and separatorBlogArticle properties are called to further down the file...don't know if that will cause problems in other browsers?? perhaps add these to one of the main css pages if so?

Other thing, in the readme for the 2.3.1 shop, there's instruction for adding lines to column_left.php and column_right.php which don't exist anymore.

Odios Amigos!

Edited by theoiks

I swung by this thread because I was having the same problem as Gvido with IE8...if I inserted the article box in the right column, it would line up underneath the left column.

Yes, that is due to the grid layout system used in 2.3. If there has been any change to the stock layout, there will be such problems.

Other thing, in the readme for the 2.3.1 shop, there's instruction for adding lines to column_left.php and column_right.php which don't exist anymore.

Yes, this was mentioned previously and is just a mistake in creating the new 2.3 directory.

Thanks for mentioning what you found.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey, after I installed to my custom osCommerce layout, I got this error:

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in F:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\functions\articles.php on line 52"

The inciting line of code is here

while ($topics = tep_db_fetch_array($topics_query)) {

if ($exclude != $topics['topics_id']) $topic_tree_array[] = array('id' => $topics['topics_id'], 'text' => $spacing . $topics['topics_name']);

$topic_tree_array = tep_get_topic_tree($topics['topics_id'], $spacing . '   ', $exclude, $topic_tree_array);

}

The bold one is where it says the error occurs...

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

EDIT:

Looking at the whole function, the error looks like it might be because it doesnt have any topics to read from the database?

Edited by eXcaliburN

// No comment

# No comment

<!-- No comment -->

/* No comment */

Hey, after I installed to my custom osCommerce layout, I got this error:

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in F:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\functions\articles.php on line 52"

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

EDIT:

Looking at the whole function, the error looks like it might be because it doesnt have any topics to read from the database?

What version of the contribution are you using? What osc version?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I installed Articles 1.57_6 and HTC 3.2.5 on my V2.2 RC2 OSC.

With some help from the forum here I got everything working except for one strange problem.

Under articles, some of the links are displaying as other Article topics names, however, they do direct to the right article.

Example:

The Science of BBQ link looks like this http://shopsaveshipit.com/telescopes-binoculars-a-3.html

but points to the correct article.

It's the last problem that I am having. Can anyone offer any assistance?

Thanks!

Under articles, some of the links are displaying as other Article topics names, however, they do direct to the right article.

Example:

The Science of BBQ link looks like this http://shopsaveshipit.com/telescopes-binoculars-a-3.html

but points to the correct article.

It's the last problem that I am having. Can anyone offer any assistance?

The -a- means it is being seen as an article file. I'm not sure what you mean that it is displaying as an Article Topic and this probably isn't something that can be fixed here but my gues is that you have the same name in admin for an article and topic and it is confusing matters, or something like that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Randy, in response to your hunt for cPath:-)

$cPath in this case should be $tPath (I renamed everything I could to try and distinguish between categories c and topics t), but is generated from the wrong function, i.e. it is using the generic tep_get_path instead of tep_get_topic_path on line 138 of catalog/articles.php, i.e.

$tPath_new = tep_get_path($topics['topics_id']);

should be

$tPath_new = tep_get_topic_path($topics['topics_id']);

Try that. It does now generate a proper link to the child topic with no cPath in the URL.

As mentioned earlier, I think the formatting of these links is poor and not well suited for moving between article topics. An alternative is to try my fix and do away with these links altogether.

Rob

P.S. Do you guys really need three or more levels of articles???

Hello,

I wonder if I can use the variable "tPath"to define more levels of articles, as I do with "products"?

ie: like articles.php_2_3.html

I would appreciate a helping hand.

mind

BCN.

Edited by mindbrush

What version of the contribution are you using? What osc version?

Using osCommerce 2.3.1

Running off XAMPP on a USB and uploading edits to live site

I used WinMerge in a few documents, but not all as I'd edited some myself for some layout changes I made...

// No comment

# No comment

<!-- No comment -->

/* No comment */

To test the issue I'm having, I created a clean, fresh install of osCommerce 2.3.1 - completely standard. Not a single layout change.

Installed Header Tags SEO 3.2.5 (as it is a dependency for Article manager) - success

Installed Article Manager 1.57_6

And I'm receiving the same error!

Any help would be greatly appreciated as my client is starting to get a bit impatient...

// No comment

# No comment

<!-- No comment -->

/* No comment */

To test the issue I'm having, I created a clean, fresh install of osCommerce 2.3.1 - completely standard. Not a single layout change.

Installed Header Tags SEO 3.2.5 (as it is a dependency for Article manager) - success

Installed Article Manager 1.57_6

And I'm receiving the same error!

Any help would be greatly appreciated as my client is starting to get a bit impatient...

I couldn't begin to guess without knowing what the error is.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons