• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

What do you mean with "I only offer support for my versions and" ? I use 1.57

You said you downlaoded the last version. If you look at the available packages, the last version isn't mine. I don't support it. If you install one of the versions that I uploaded it, I will try to help with any problems you may have.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You said you downlaoded the last version. If you look at the available packages, the last version isn't mine. I don't support it. If you install one of the versions that I uploaded it, I will try to help with any problems you may have.

Owww sorry, i haven't seen this before, but because i cant read the last one i didn't downloaded that one, the one that i downloaded is uploaded by you ;)

Owww sorry, i haven't seen this before, but because i cant read the last one i didn't downloaded that one, the one that i downloaded is uploaded by you ;)

Well then going back to your original post, I can't see how the file name can be shown in the breadcrumb at all. It cuould display incorrectly though if you have not setup the title and meta tags for the article and topic pages so I would look there first.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

In the instructions (v 1.5.6v1) it says:

Note 2: 30 additions are made to the configuration table using the configuration_group_id of 456.

If this ID is already in use, please change in article_manager_sql.sql prior to execution.

Can anyone tell me where to find the group id? I've looked in MySQL and can see a field called configuration_group_id but I can't find what the id is (I'm new to mySQL).

I was also wondering which version of Article Manager to use. I'm not using the add on Header Tags SEO so should I use 1.5.6v1 or ist it okay to use v1.57_5a without Header Tags SEO?

Tried looking through the forum, but got confused.

Have Articles Manager loaded with TinyMCE, started entering info but when got to point of "insert" got the following window.

ERROR_FAILED_FILE_OPEN

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/bosweb/web271/b2717/ipg.auniquetouchcom/storefront/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php:226) in /hermes/bosweb/web271/b2717/ipg.auniquetouchcom/storefront/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

Made sure that there are no white spaces, so now wonder what I need to do to correct problem. All information gets posted in admin and on site.

Need help to solve problem.

Thanks

Tried looking through the forum, but got confused.

Have Articles Manager loaded with TinyMCE, started entering info but when got to point of "insert" got the following window.

ERROR_FAILED_FILE_OPEN

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/bosweb/web271/b2717/ipg.auniquetouchcom/storefront/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php:226) in /hermes/bosweb/web271/b2717/ipg.auniquetouchcom/storefront/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

Made sure that there are no white spaces, so now wonder what I need to do to correct problem. All information gets posted in admin and on site.

Need help to solve problem.

Thanks

That error generally refers to an extra space but I doubt that that is the case for that file (admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php) since line 226 is not at the beginning or end. Try replacing that file with the one from the contribution to see if that helps.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Tried but still getting same message, and now have the problem of not seeing the insert button.

It's workable since everything gets posted, but trying.

Another thing I found, was that in the config setup, I have a number of items duplicated, eg image min and max sizes, and a number of others.

I removed Article Manager, deleted the tables in myphpadmin, but still coming up with this problem.

Don't know if I should uninstall the whole thing again, but am worried that I will get duplicate entries in data_base.

Would be grateful for any suggestions.

Thank you,

Nikki

Tried but still getting same message, and now have the problem of not seeing the insert button.

It's workable since everything gets posted, but trying.

Another thing I found, was that in the config setup, I have a number of items duplicated, eg image min and max sizes, and a number of others.

I removed Article Manager, deleted the tables in myphpadmin, but still coming up with this problem.

Don't know if I should uninstall the whole thing again, but am worried that I will get duplicate entries in data_base.

If those settings are for this contribution, then you have entered them twice. But, either way, you need to delete the duplicates since they can cause unexpected results.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys ive been using this for awhile and have checked the RSS feeds.

i am using the latest version

RSS feeds don't seem to pickup all my articles

when running this query via SQL it shows all articles

select a.articles_id, a.authors_id, a.articles_date_added, a.articles_date_available, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, ad.articles_description, au.authors_name, td.topics_name, a2t.topics_id from articles a left join authors au using(authors_id), articles_description ad, articles_to_topics a2t left join topics_description td using(topics_id) where a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.language_id = '1' and td.language_id = '1' order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name limit 10

but in the article_rss.php file it only shows 3? when i alter dates etc they all disappear?

anyone got any ideas? as i cant figure it out

RSS feeds don't seem to pickup all my articles

but in the article_rss.php file it only shows 3? when i alter dates etc they all disappear?

You could try adjusting the "Number of articles to display in the RSS Feed" setting.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You could try adjusting the "Number of articles to display in the RSS Feed" setting.

yup ive did that, i also changed the code..

here is the new article_rss.php file i modded to it shows up buy going to the url

<?php
/*
 $Id: index.php,v 1.1 2003/06/11 17:38:00 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
    header("Content-type: text/xml");
    echo "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?>\n";
    echo "<rss version=\"2.0\">\n";
    echo "<channel>\n";

require('includes/application_top.php');

function mysqlTimestamp2unix($input){
           $y = substr($input,0,4);$m = substr($input,6,2);$d = substr($input,9,2);
           $h = substr($input,12,2);$min = substr($input,15,2);$s = substr($input,18,2);
               return mktime($h,$min,$s,$m,$d,$y);
           }
//1234567890123456789 
//2007-01-01 15:48:04

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_ARTICLES_RSS);

$language_query = tep_db_query("select code from " . TABLE_LANGUAGES . " where languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
       $language_code = tep_db_fetch_array($language_query);
       $code_lang = $language_code['code'];

echo "<title>" . NEWS_TITLE . "</title>\n";
    echo "<link>" . HTTP_SERVER . "</link>\n";
    echo "<description>" . NEWS_DESCRIPTION . "</description>\n";
    echo "<language>" . $code_lang . "</language>\n";
    echo "<docs>" . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . FILENAME_ARTICLES_RSS . "</docs>\n";

$news_query_raw = tep_db_query("select a.articles_id, a.authors_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, ad.articles_description, au.authors_name, td.topics_name, a2t.topics_id from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au using(authors_id), " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td using(topics_id) where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name limit " . NEWS_RSS_ARTICLE);

// use language_id for language support.
      while ($content_rec = tep_db_fetch_array($news_query_raw)) {
       echo "<item>";

$headline = $content_rec['articles_name'];
       $mydate = mysqlTimestamp2unix($content_rec['articles_date_added']);
       $date = date('r',$mydate);
       $content_1 = $content_rec['articles_description'];
       $content = strip_tags($content_1);
//        $content_1 = substr($content_rec['articles_description'], 0, NEWS_RSS_CHARACTERS);
//        $content = strip_tags($content_1);
//        if (strlen($content_rec['content']) > NEWS_RSS_CHARACTERS) {
//            $content = $content . "....";
                       // maybe read more here?
//        }
               $article_author= $content_rec['authors_name'];
       // $article_url= $content_rec['articles_url'];
       $article_topic= $content_rec['topics_name'];
       $item_link = tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO, 'articles_id=' . $content_rec['articles_id'], 'NONSSL', false);
       echo "<title>$headline</title>\n";
       echo "<pubDate>$date</pubDate>\n";
       echo "<description>$content</description>\n";
       echo "<author>$article_author</author>\n";
       echo "<category>$article_topic</category>\n";
       echo "<link>$item_link</link>\n";
       echo "<guid>$item_link</guid>\n";
       echo "</item>\n";
   }

echo "</channel>";
   echo "</rss>";
?>

my current articles won't show up but when removing the xml format and just showing it, it shows the details.. hopefully that makes sense

see here

The setting works as expected when I try it here. Perhaps you don't have the latest version? But even if you do, your on your own since it is a modified file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

commenting the following out

*/

/* header("Content-type: text/xml");

echo "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?>";

echo "<rss version=\"2.0\">";

*/

it works and shows the data in <item>

see here

can't figure this out :S

The setting works as expected when I try it here. Perhaps you don't have the latest version? But even if you do, your on your own since it is a modified file.

i think i found the issue, its to do with special characters

my content contains & and other characters and which it doesn't display!

Edited by xp02ed

hey jack got a question

is there any plans to integrate the sort orders on articles? currently its by name on the function function tep_get_all_articles_array(

Edited by xp02ed

hey jack got a question

is there any plans to integrate the sort orders on articles? currently its by name on the function function tep_get_all_articles_array(

No, no one has mentioned it before, that I know of, and I hadn't thought of it. I'll add it to the list for a future version.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I've installed version 1.57_5_1 and when I go to Topics/Articles I get the following error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /admin/includes/functions/articles.php on line 52

So...Jack_mcs has said several times that he does not know the cause of this error, which is fair enough. Has anyone else figured it out? I'm experiencing it also, of course. FWIW, I'm using Header Tags SEO v.3.2.3, and Article Manager 1.57 (5_1a) on top of STS 4.6, in OSC v2.2 RC2a, with PHP 5.2.13.

If I find a solution, I will post it here. Thanks, all.

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your tireless upgrades and support.

Noticed in comparing articles_new.php this is what you have:

$listing_sql = "select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_id, au.authors_name, td.topics_id, td.topics_name from ((" . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a), " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t) left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and a.articles_date_added > SUBDATE(now( ), INTERVAL '" . NEW_ARTICLES_DAYS_DISPLAY . "' DAY) order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";

this is what I have(based on a contribution's technique for placing closing parentheses on the LEFT of left joins):

$listing_sql = "select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_id, au.authors_name, td.topics_id, td.topics_name from ((" . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t) left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id) left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and a.articles_date_added > SUBDATE(now( ), INTERVAL '" . NEW_ARTICLES_DAYS_DISPLAY . "' DAY) order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";

Which is correct?

Thanks for your insight.

jk

Hi again

(In version 1.57_5 - New Files folder)

article-submit.php

/***************** SEND THE EMAIL *******************/

$topicName_query = tep_db_query("select topics_name from " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " where topics_id = " . (int)$topic . " and language_id = " . (int)$languages_id . " limit 1");

$topicName = tep_db_fetch_array($topicName_query);

$subject = sprintf(ARTICLES_EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, STORE_NAME);

$body = sprintf(ARTICLES_EMAIL_TEXT_BODY, $customer_first_name, $article['name'], $topicName['topics_name']);

tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, $subkect, $body, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

Changed subkect to subject. Also renamed article-submit.php to article_submit.php because the hyphenated version gave me a problem somewhere, not sure where or why but decided to use the standard naming convention sitewide.

later,

jk

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your tireless upgrades and support.

Noticed in comparing articles_new.php this is what you have:

$listing_sql = "select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_id, au.authors_name, td.topics_id, td.topics_name from ((" . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a), " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t) left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and a.articles_date_added > SUBDATE(now( ), INTERVAL '" . NEW_ARTICLES_DAYS_DISPLAY . "' DAY) order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";

this is what I have(based on a contribution's technique for placing closing parentheses on the LEFT of left joins):

$listing_sql = "select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_id, au.authors_name, td.topics_id, td.topics_name from ((" . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t) left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id) left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and a.articles_date_added > SUBDATE(now( ), INTERVAL '" . NEW_ARTICLES_DAYS_DISPLAY . "' DAY) order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";

Which is correct?

Thanks for your insight.

jk

The parenthesis are supposed to group all of the related joins. They are not required and I don't use them. The code you mention is from the original authors code (probably should be updated). You could try your change to see if the results are any different but if the code is working as is, I don't see the point.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Changed subkect to subject. Also renamed article-submit.php to article_submit.php because the hyphenated version gave me a problem somewhere, not sure where or why but decided to use the standard naming convention sitewide.

Good catch. Thanks for posting it. A file name with a hyphen is fine but there is a contribution that does error checking that assumes it is not. That is probably where you had the error. I recommend against changing the name since it will become an additional maintenance issue for you when future versions are released, which will continue to use the hyphen.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons