• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

I have just installed Articles Manager V 1.57_4. I configured the admin settings, created an Author, a Topic, and an Article. In my info box displays a link to the article (no problem) however there is also a link to "All Articles" at "/articles.php", but the page displays no articles. The article also does not display in the "New Articles" link at articles_new.php. Any idea what I have done wrong?

If the article is in admin and is eanabled, then it is most likely a problem with the changes on the shop. You can try turning off some of the options in admin for the articles box. That may help isolate the problem. I can't think of any reason the article wouldn't show though.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

If the article is in admin and is eanabled, then it is most likely a problem with the changes on the shop. You can try turning off some of the options in admin for the articles box. That may help isolate the problem. I can't think of any reason the article wouldn't show though.

Thank you for responding Jack. Yes, the articles are in admin and they are enabled. The link to the article is produced and displayed in the info box, however the links to the articles are not produced in the "All Articles" page, or the "New Articles". I don't understand what could have went wrong since these are new files, not ones that I had to edit. I will reinstall my backup and start over again.

Are you sure the links aren't there and not just hidden due to a stylesheet setting? Try dragging your mouse over the page to check.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Are you sure the links aren't there and not just hidden due to a stylesheet setting? Try dragging your mouse over the page to check.

I have it sorted out Jack, I neglected to upload the files in the "includes/module" folder, once I did that the links to to articles show up fine. I am however struggling with the rss feed. It is sometimes only showing 2 articles, and other times none. Is there a setting somewhere to control the articles published in the feed? Should there not be a link to the feed in the header of the pages? Note I also have this rss module installed. Could there be a conflict?

There are options in the settings in admin for rss. The link is in the articles box. It can be added to the header but you would have to do that yourself. The other contribution shouldn't cause any problem with this one.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There are options in the settings in admin for rss. The link is in the articles box. It can be added to the header but you would have to do that yourself. The other contribution shouldn't cause any problem with this one.

I have it working now Jack, I am not sure what the problem was but it is now working. Thanks

I am having a couple of problems with Articles Manager V 1.57_4 and I need some help.

Fist is I do not have SEF urls, in the breadcrumbs. I do have SEO Urls V 2-2.2d-9 installed, but the urls in the breadcrumb trail are not sef urls, they do redirect to the sef url when click but when you mouse over the link the url is in this format

article_info.php?articles_id=26

My second problem is the link to the article url, at the bottom of the article. It does not matter what link I put in there, it redirects to my main index page. (Even if I put a link to yahoo, it redirects to my home page.

Fist is I do not have SEF urls, in the breadcrumbs. I do have SEO Urls V 2-2.2d-9 installed, but the urls in the breadcrumb trail are not sef urls, they do redirect to the sef url when click but when you mouse over the link the url is in this format

Be sure you have made the changes to the .htaccess file. If you upgraded from a previous version, you may not have added the new code for that file.

My second problem is the link to the article url, at the bottom of the article. It does not matter what link I put in there, it redirects to my main index page. (Even if I put a link to yahoo, it redirects to my home page.

Be sure you are entering a full url in admin.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Be sure you have made the changes to the .htaccess file. If you upgraded from a previous version, you may not have added the new code for that file.

Be sure you are entering a full url in admin.

I did upgrade SEO Urls from previous version. I have c/p my htaccess file

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-by-(.*).html$ all-products.php?fl=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-f-(.*).html$ faqdesk_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-fc-(.*).html$ faqdesk_index.php?faqPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-fri-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-fra-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_article.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-(.*).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-(.*).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-po-([0-9]+).html$ pollbooth.php?pollid=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

As for the article link redirecting to my homepage, I am entering the full url www.mydomain.com/product-c-21-html.

It works fine in the preview page, in the back end, but when I update the page the link on the page uses redirect.php and does it incorrectly.

I did upgrade SEO Urls from previous version. I have c/p my htaccess file

As for the article link redirecting to my homepage, I am entering the full url www.mydomain.com/product-c-21-html.

It works fine in the preview page, in the back end, but when I update the page the link on the page uses redirect.php and does it incorrectly.

The .htaccess file looks fine. Since the redirects are not working, I wonder if that has something to do with the link on the page too. You can try turning off ultimate seo (you have to turn off all settings) to see if the url on the article page begins working. If it does, or before if you like, use the uninstall setting in ultimate seo to completely remove it from the database. When you go back to the shop and click on home, it will reload. Maybe a setting from the previous version is causing a problem?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The .htaccess file looks fine. Since the redirects are not working, I wonder if that has something to do with the link on the page too. You can try turning off ultimate seo (you have to turn off all settings) to see if the url on the article page begins working. If it does, or before if you like, use the uninstall setting in ultimate seo to completely remove it from the database. When you go back to the shop and click on home, it will reload. Maybe a setting from the previous version is causing a problem?

Thanks for the help Jack, I tried as you suggested, I took a screenshot of the settings in admin/seo urls and then turned everything to false, I then tried the link in the articles and it still did not work. I then got brave enough to uninstall seo urls through the admin/seo urls setting. I then tried the link in the articles again and it still did not work. After clicking around the site a bit, I went back to the admin panel, and viola everything was enabled as it was before. I guess I still had the default settings.

Anyway I am back to square one, and don't know what to do :(

If you view source for the article page, what is the url? How does that compare to the article in admin?

Jack, I sent you an email with the link information. I know you have a rule about email you for help but I really do not want to post the url here, so I hope you understand and do not mind.

Try changing this section of code in the article_info.php file

echo sprintf(TEXT_MORE_INFORMATION, tep_href_link(FILENAME_REDIRECT, 'action=arturl&goto=' . urlencode($article_info['articles_url']), 'NONSSL', true, false));

to

echo sprintf(TEXT_MORE_INFORMATION, "http://" . urlencode($article_info['articles_url']) );

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have this contribution installed and I can not get the rss feed to display correctly. If I set the number of articles to display in rss to 0, then the link works.

If I set it to anything else I get:

Internet Explorer can not display.

This feed contains code errors.

How can I correct this?

Thanks.

I have this contribution installed and I can not get the rss feed to display correctly. If I set the number of articles to display in rss to 0, then the link works.

If I set it to anything else I get:

Internet Explorer can not display.

This feed contains code errors.

How can I correct this?

I haven't spent much time in that code but I see it is checking for the date of the article to be current so you may want to verify your articles have current dates.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

For anyone using the RSS feed, I just noticed that it reference Silvermoon-Jewelry.com. That was something a previous author added and it should be changed to something relevant to your site. The text is located in the includes/languages/english/article_rss.php file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Try changing this section of code in the article_info.php file

echo sprintf(TEXT_MORE_INFORMATION, tep_href_link(FILENAME_REDIRECT, 'action=arturl&goto=' . urlencode($article_info['articles_url']), 'NONSSL', true, false));

to

echo sprintf(TEXT_MORE_INFORMATION, "http://" . urlencode($article_info['articles_url']) );

Thanks for your help Jack, it almost works except I get some funny characters in the url "%2f" and a "/" forward slash at the end of the url like this

http://www.mydomain.com%2fproduct-p-67.html/

The above is how the url looks when I view the page source, and is the link produced when I click on it. I have left the code in place for you to view the page.

Thanks for your help Jack, it almost works except I get some funny characters in the url "%2f" and a "/" forward slash at the end of the url like this

The above is how the url looks when I view the page source, and is the link produced when I click on it. I have left the code in place for you to view the page.

P.S. It works fine on the "Preview" page in the admin back end, but not after I click "Update" and view it from the front of the store.

Try

echo sprintf(TEXT_MORE_INFORMATION, "http://" . htmlentities(urlencode($article_info['articles_url'])) );

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Try

echo sprintf(TEXT_MORE_INFORMATION, "http://" . htmlentities(urlencode($article_info['articles_url'])) );

The above code gives the same result Jack, it works if I just enter a link such as www.oscommerce.com without the trailing slash, however as soon as I and a file name such as

www.mydomain.com/filename.html

it gives the same result as

http://www.mydomain.com%2filename.html/

The above code gives the same result Jack, it works if I just enter a link such as www.oscommerce.com without the trailing slash, however as soon as I and a file name such as

www.mydomain.com/filename.html

it gives the same result as

http://www.mydomain.com%2filename.html/

Sorry, but I don't have any other suggestions. There seems to be something in your shop, or on your server, that is not allowing the code to work. It's not a problem I can troubleshoot in a support forum.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack. I installed your update for article manager but when I try to insert a new topic or article I get this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'sortorder_logo_1' in 'field list'

insert into headertags (page_name, page_title, page_description, page_keywords, page_logo, page_logo_1, page_logo_2, page_logo_3, page_logo_4, append_default_title, append_default_description, append_default_keywords, append_default_logo, append_category, append_manufacturer, append_product, append_root, sortorder_title, sortorder_description, sortorder_keywords, sortorder_logo, sortorder_logo_1, sortorder_logo_2, sortorder_logo_3, sortorder_logo_4, sortorder_category, sortorder_manufacturer, sortorder_product, sortorder_root, sortorder_root_1, sortorder_root_2, sortorder_root_3, sortorder_root_4, language_id) values ('articles.php?tPath=10', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1')

[TEP STOP]

The funny thing is that when I check again the topic/articles list in english I see the new created topic/article. But if I check it in spanish (My default language)the topics or articles disapear.

I have the Header Tags SEO V 3.1.8 contrib.

Many thanks

Sorry, but I don't have any other suggestions. There seems to be something in your shop, or on your server, that is not allowing the code to work. It's not a problem I can troubleshoot in a support forum.

Ok Jack, thank you for your efforts, I can live without this, but could you help me with the other issue I mention regarding the article manager breadcrumb links, in post 1459

I have SEO Urls V 2-2.2d-9 installed, my breadcrumb links are sef throughout the rest of the site but the article manager urls in the breadcrumb trail are the orginal oscommerce urls.