• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

Hi, thanks for the reply.

The articles_description table in the database has only one record [articles_id=1, language_id=1, articles_name=<text>...].

I'm not sure how to check the languages id in the admin. When I go to admin languages I see that English is sort order 1 and Greek is sort order 4 (other languages were removed in the beginning of the building of the store). Greek is set as default. I'm not sure if that sort order is the language id but in the url when I select English I see the url http://.../eshop/admin/languages.php?page=1&lID=1 for English and http://.../eshop/admin/languages.php?page=1&lID=5 for Greek. So maybe language id is 1 for english and 5 for greek from that last part lID=5.

What does that mean??

thanks

George

There were supposed to be 2 records?

There were supposed to be 2 records?

The authors_info table, which also has fields for both languages in the admin and updates correctly, has 2 records in the database. one with language_id 1 for english and one with language_id 5 for greek.

So I guess articles_description should have had 2 records. maybe it's something wrong in admin/articles.php that doesn't update the database properly??

thanks

george

Edited by web2dev

I did some more testing and I added manually from navicat the 2nd record with language_id 5 and some text.

The article in the admin had then the fields with the text I added. Then I made some changes from the admin adding some more text in Greek and updated the form. The record was updated correctly and the greek characters had no problem.

But in the eshop the articles box still didn't the article listed. When I was in english viewing the article and changed language to greek tha article was shown, but still the articles box didn't have the article listed.

I'm guessing something else except admin/articles.php is wrong too.

:(

thanks

george

ok I'm looking the whole process from the beginning and I realised that following step by step the readme.txt some changes on files that are in the catalog folder are not in the txt file.

The two files in the catalogs folder are the refirect.php and product_info.php and there are no instruction in the readme regarding these two files.

Of course these files probably have nothing to do with the admin files that was changed and my problem, but I'm confused in general about whether I should apply these changes as well or not since they are not in the read me file.

Also it makes me wonder if the readme file may have more problems. I'll better check all files to be changed with win merge or something to make sure.

George

I found what was causing the problem.

I don't know why exactly and I hope it won't mess up other things but this loop in admin/articles.php was not executed more than once because of the pseudocode pages for header Tags SEO.

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {

All I had to do was to comment out these 3 lines in around line numbers 112 and 295. (first line is already a comment) and everything worked fine.

/***************** ADD AS PSEDUO PAGE FOR HEADER TAGS SEO ****************/
           //$psedudoPage = sprintf(FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO . "?articles_id=%d", $articles_id);
           //require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');
           //require(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'articles_pseudo.php'); 

Something in header_tags.php or articles_pseudo.php was not working properly either due to coding problems or header Tags SEO general contribution or setup from admin for header tags seo and prevented the original "for" loop to be executed more than once (it should have been executed so many times as the languages installed in the store).

I hope I helped anyone else having this problem and the developer to search more about this problem.

One last thing that I remembered now is that the readme file had a change for a header tags seo file (probably header_tags.php) that was saying to be applied only for versions earlier than Header Tags SEO V 3.2.3, which confused me a bit since the latest Header Tags SEO version is 3.2.2.

So I wasn't sure if I had to apply that change or not but I made the change and maybe that caused the problem, but right now I can't test it anymore.

Maybe the developer can correct me about the readme file and about if commenting out these lines will cause major problems or just the fact that I won't be able to have header tags seo for article pages (which I can leave with that until it's fixed).

Thanks again

George

/***************** ADD AS PSEDUO PAGE FOR HEADER TAGS SEO ****************/
           //$psedudoPage = sprintf(FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO . "?articles_id=%d", $articles_id);
           //require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');
           //require(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'articles_pseudo.php'); 

One last thing that I remembered now is that the readme file had a change for a header tags seo file (probably header_tags.php) that was saying to be applied only for versions earlier than Header Tags SEO V 3.2.3, which confused me a bit since the latest Header Tags SEO version is 3.2.2.

So I wasn't sure if I had to apply that change or not but I made the change and maybe that caused the problem, but right now I can't test it anymore.

That code is needed for the automatic insertion of the new page into Header Tags. Header Tags SEO V 3.2.3 is the latest version but it hasn't been released yet. Since it says the change should be applied to versions earlier than 3.2.3, it would apply to your version.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

That code is needed for the automatic insertion of the new page into Header Tags. Header Tags SEO V 3.2.3 is the latest version but it hasn't been released yet. Since it says the change should be applied to versions earlier than 3.2.3, it would apply to your version.

hi

thanks for the reply.

Ok, since the readme.txt and the instructions are accurate and I followed them to the point then it must be some coding error or perhaps some admin settings for the header tags seo that I didn't do. Because article manager was the main contribution that I wanted and as soon as header tags seo was successfully installed and setup in the php files I didn't play much with it in the admin. Maybe something I had to do and didn't...don't know.

Since these lines do what I thought they would do too it won't cause any critical errors to the whole site if the pseudo pages for articles wouldn't be inserted automatically to header tags seo, right?

I can safely comment out these 3 lines for the time being, right?

thanks

George

Edited by web2dev

Ok, since the readme.txt and the instructions are accurate and I followed them to the point then it must be some coding error or perhaps some admin settings for the header tags seo that I didn't do. Because article manager was the main contribution that I wanted and as soon as header tags seo was successfully installed and setup in the php files I didn't play much with it in the admin. Maybe something I had to do and didn't...don't know.

Since these lines do what I thought they would do too it won't cause any critical errors to the whole site if the pseudo pages for articles wouldn't be inserted automatically to header tags seo, right?

I can safely comment out these 3 lines for the time being, right?

You have to add the base pages (articles_info.php and topics.php) to Header Tags in its Page Control before the pseudo code will work. You can comment out those lines and it won't hurt anything other than you won't have any automatic control over the title and tags for the new articles and topics.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

You have to add the base pages (articles_info.php and topics.php) to Header Tags in its Page Control before the pseudo code will work. You can comment out those lines and it won't hurt anything other than you won't have any automatic control over the title and tags for the new articles and topics.

great. thank you very much. :)

I've installed this contribution but get errors:

main page in articles infobox in right column I have following message:

2008 - MySQL client ran out of memory

select topics_id from topics where parent_id = '0'

[TEP STOP]

2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query

select count(*) as total from sessions where sesskey = '162dc6a1752469b1002ecd4442644f33'

[TEP STOP]

In admin panel under topics/articles (next to search button)

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 50069504) (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/n8tdbsl6/public_html/yunbzrcpfc/includes/functions/articles.php on line 51

wtf?

Article Manager v1.57_4

I already had Header tags 3.2.2 installed before.

You're getting the errors because of some condition that is causing all of the servers memory to be used. Nothing was changed in this version, that I can think of, that would cause that. If this was an update, be sure sure you updated the database per the update instructions. If it's a new installation, be sure the files in the root that have to do with this contribution have Header Tags code in them and that they are see in Page Control in admin.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This is the list of files, is there anything missing?

oalmiaaco.jpg

I don't have any errors in header tags seo test page.

$topics_query = tep_db_query("select c.topics_id, cd.topics_name, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_TOPICS . " c, " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.topics_id = cd.topics_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and c.parent_id = '" . (int)$parent_id . "' order by c.sort_order, cd.topics_name");
   while ($topics = tep_db_fetch_array($topics_query)) {
     if ($exclude != $topics['topics_id']) $topic_tree_array[] = array('id' => $topics['topics_id'], 'text' => $spacing . $topics['topics_name']);
     $topic_tree_array = tep_get_topic_tree($topics['topics_id'], $spacing . '   ', $exclude, $topic_tree_array);
   }

return $topic_tree_array;
 }

Line 51 starts with "if"

It wasn't an update of this contribution.

Edited by ronin13

This is the list of files, is there anything missing?

I don't have any errors in header tags seo test page.

It wasn't an update of this contribution.

That looks correct. Try turing off the options to show the authors and article boxes in this contributions settings. If the problem goes away, then enable one at a time to find the one causing the problem. If authors, make sure you have an author added in admin. If articles, try turing off all of the display settings for that box to see if the problem goes away. If it does, turn them on one at a time until you find the reason for the failure.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

With:

Display Box Articles - All Topics Section set to false and everything else set to true I get no errors and these links:

All Articles

New Articles

Articles RSS Feed

Submit An Article

With everything set to true I get this:

kalndaaco.jpg

I wrote one article but can't enable it.

In admin console this the error I get:

jalnlaaco.jpg

it refers to a file in my admin folder ( you can see my above post to check what line 51 is.

RSS feed refers to some Silvermoon jewelery, how can I change it to my site?

Edited by ronin13

With everything set to true I get this:

In admin console this the error I get:

RSS feed refers to some Silvermoon jewelery, how can I change it to my site?

That first error is indicating your sessions table is corrupted, which is fairly common. The second is failing to load while reading the topics table, which could be related to the first. I suggest you go into phpmyadmin and run a repair on the database. Be sure it runs without failures. If you don't know how to do that, there are instructions somewhere in these forums, on the web or your host may help you.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't know what it could be then. You can try to delete all of the database tables this contribution uses to see if that will help or install it into a clean shop to verify it works on your server and then compare the differences. But other than thos, I can't think of anything else.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I updated article manager in my shop and now i get an error that I think is conected to header thags contribution

Error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function getbasefiles() in /var/www/virtual/0000000000/htdocs/admin/includes/modules/articles_pseudo.php on line 25

i get it when adding a topic or a article on page: /admin/articles.php?tPath=2&action=insert_article

I found code mentiond here: http://74.125.77.132/search?q=cache:bpUzk6yG0UIJ:www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/298099-header-tags-seo/page__st__1101+oscommerce+GetBaseFiles&cd=3&hl=sl&ct=clnk&gl=si

I am not using that heder tags contribution... is this tha case?

best regards,

David

I updated article manager in my shop and now i get an error that I think is conected to header thags contribution

Error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function getbasefiles()

I am not using that heder tags contribution... is this tha case?

If you are using a version of this contributionthat starts with 1_57, you'll notice in the docs it says that Header Tags SEO is required. If you don't want to use Header Tags SEO, you will need to install one of the versions that doesn't start with 1_57. However, unless someone has recently made the changes to the other versions, they won't have the features that 1_57 does.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have just installed this contribution. I have created a new author and was trying to a create a new topic when I encountered the following error.

I'm continuing to do some research but if anyone has some advice please share.

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /var/lanmedroot/catalog/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 959

ERROR_CANT_CHMOD

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/lanmedroot/catalog/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php:959) in /var/lanmedroot/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 25

Edited by Dalma