• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

A new version has been uploaded. This is an update for the Header Tags version only. It contains code for the breadcrumb trail for the articles.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Can someone help me with the cross-sell function. This is how it looks like know on the product info page:

article 1 article 2 article 3

I want it to look like this:

article 1

article 2

article 3

I have managed to align it to the left, instead of in the center, but the problem is that I want a new line for every article.

I thought users of this contribution may want to know that I have uploaded a new version of new version has been uploaded."]Site Search Plus [/url]that provides the ability to search articles.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Dear Jack,

My breadcrumb remains empty (I justed installed the new version and the new header tags SEO).

iF I change

if (tep_db_num_rows($pageTags_query) == 1)

to:

if (tep_db_num_rows($pageTags_query) != 1)

Then the breadcrumb "Articles" appears... But not the article name!

Some other question:

When I test local I can add xsell products to an article, live this does not work. When I click "Add/Remove" local takes me to another page, live does nothing....

Dear Jack,

My breadcrumb remains empty (I justed installed the new version and the new header tags SEO).

iF I change

if (tep_db_num_rows($pageTags_query) == 1)

to:

if (tep_db_num_rows($pageTags_query) != 1)

Then the breadcrumb "Articles" appears... But not the article name!

Some other question:

When I test local I can add xsell products to an article, live this does not work. When I click "Add/Remove" local takes me to another page, live does nothing....

Sorry, forgot to add a pseudo page!!!!!

Changed the application top so it uses the article name:

if (isset($_GET['articles_id'])) {
$articlesPage = FILENAME_ARTICLE_INFO . "?articles_id=" . $_GET['articles_id'];
$pageTags_query = tep_db_query("select articles_name, articles_id from " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " where articles_id = '" . $_GET['articles_id'] . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' LIMIT 1");
if (tep_db_num_rows($pageTags_query) == 1) {
  $pageTags = tep_db_fetch_array($pageTags_query);
  $breadcrumb->add(BOX_HEADING_ARTICLES, tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLES));
  $breadcrumb->add($pageTags['articles_name'], tep_href_link($articlesPage));

But the other question remains:

(could this have something todo with php/mysql version???

Edited by 9827579

When you click "Add/Remove," it should display a dropdown list on the articles_xsell.php page. If it takes you to the login page, then it is a php compatibility problem and there is a fix for that. If it takes you somewhere elase, it would appear it is installed wrong.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

When you click "Add/Remove," it should display a dropdown list on the articles_xsell.php page. If it takes you to the login page, then it is a php compatibility problem and there is a fix for that. If it takes you somewhere elase, it would appear it is installed wrong.

Jack

It does not take me anywhere, nothing happens. On my test site (local on my laptop) it takes me to the dropdown list on the articles_xsell.php page....

Im about ARTICLE URL filed

I post there

www.xxxxx.com/info/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=17

but the article page displays

="http://www.xxxxx.com/info/redirect.php?action=url&goto=www.xxxxx.com%2Finfo%2Fphpbb2%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D17"

the link is broken !!!

I beleive problem is in the part - %2F

Please help to solve

I use Article manager 1.5.1 on RC1 platform

Edited by leveera

I solved it.

Needed new redirect.php file and article_info.php code to redirect

Im about ARTICLE URL filed

I post there

www.xxxxx.com/info/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=17

but the article page displays

="http://www.xxxxx.com/info/redirect.php?action=url&goto=www.xxxxx.com%2Finfo%2Fphpbb2%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D17"

the link is broken !!!

I beleive problem is in the part - %2F

Please help to solve

I use Article manager 1.5.1 on RC1 platform

Hi everybody,

I installed ver. 1.57_1 and everything works fine except one thing.

when i'm creating the first topic in the admin by default shows nema for it 'Miscellaneous Articles'. i'm creating it with this name and then if i delete this topic it corrupts the database and if i try to reload any of the store pages it just shows the blank(white) page.

if anyone can help i'll be very thankfull.

Hi,

I have installed this addon and am getting the following error on the live site:

1146 - Table 'my_database.TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT where language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

What do i need to do? I do have access to the admin - can i make the changes there?

Any help is appreciated!!

Hi,

I have installed this addon and am getting the following error on the live site:

1146 - Table 'my_database.TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT where language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

What do i need to do? I do have access to the admin - can i make the changes there?

Any help is appreciated!!

I should also mention I have the header tags SEO contribution installed but did not see this error until I added the articles manager code. Maybe they are not playing well together? Thanks!

You have to have Articles Manager 1.57 installed for it to work with Header Tags SEO. The error you are getting is saying the definition for TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT doesn't exist. Since that is part of the Header Tags installation, my guess is that you overwrote the includes/database_tables.php file while installing this one. See the Header Tags SEO installation instructions for how to add that particular definition and it should be OK.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You have to have Articles Manager 1.57 installed for it to work with Header Tags SEO. The error you are getting is saying the definition for TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT doesn't exist. Since that is part of the Header Tags installation, my guess is that you overwrote the includes/database_tables.php file while installing this one. See the Header Tags SEO installation instructions for how to add that particular definition and it should be OK.

Jack

Thanks, Jack - that worked! :)

One other tiny issue...when are in the article page and click on the link that says "For more information, please visit this articles web page." it redirects to the home page rather than the redirect I specified when I put in the article. Any idea how I can fix it?

Thank you so much again - great contribution!

Molly

Articles Manager isn't my contribution and the version I uploaded just uses the code that was already there, with a few changes. So that problem, assuming it is in the code, was already there. I did look at my installation though but didn't see such a link so I'm wondering if it is one you added in an article? There is a place to add a link in the aritcle edit page. Is that what you are referring to?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Articles Manager isn't my contribution and the version I uploaded just uses the code that was already there, with a few changes. So that problem, assuming it is in the code, was already there. I did look at my installation though but didn't see such a link so I'm wondering if it is one you added in an article? There is a place to add a link in the aritcle edit page. Is that what you are referring to?

Jack

Thanks for your help.

In the edit articles section there is a place at the bottom to specify the url for the article. When displayed on the site, the code generates a page for the article then there is another link to the full article (see what I mean here: http://enpointeshoes.com/pointe-shoes-a-2.html)

the link says "For more information, please visit this articles web page." and it is supposed to redirect to the permalink url I specified in the edit articles section (its like the last option in edit articles.) You can see when you mouse over the link to the web page it is trying to work but just gives up and redirects to the home page.

Ideally, I would like the articles to live only within the category structure I develop for the entire site and not use rewrites/redirects at all. I would prefer 'silo'-ing product pages and related information pages under one folder - like 'red-pointe-shoes/product-name-1.php' and 'red-pointe-shoes/types-of-red-pointe-shoes-article.php' Is there a better contribution for this purpose or maybe a way I can set it up to work like that?

Thanks

Molly

I don't see "for more information" on that page that page. I do see an error in the header though. The code for the alt tag for the logo is not correct, which is causing that error.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

well I am getting this: Fatal error: Call to undefined function clean_html_comments() in /xxx/xxxx/xxxxxn/xxxt/xxxx/includes/article_header_tags.php on line 104

then also under : Fatal error: Call to undefined function clean_html_comments() in /xxx/xxxx/xxxxxn/xxxt/xxxx/includes/modules/article_listing.php on line 66

just a update I did fix my problem:

under Fatal error: Call to undefined function clean_html_comments() in /xxx/xxxx/xxxxxn/xxxt/xxxx/includes/modules/article_listing.php on line 66

you must delete this:

<tr>

<td class="main" style="padding-left:15px"><?php echo clean_html_comments(substr($articles_listing['articles_head_desc_tag'],0, MAX_ARTICLE_ABSTRACT_LENGTH)) . ((strlen($articles_listing['articles_head_desc_tag']) >= MAX_ARTICLE_ABSTRACT_LENGTH) ? '...' : ''); ?></td>

</tr>

then you wount get that fatal error about clean_html_comments

Dear all,

Is it at all possible to remove the word 'article' from the web broswer and replace it with some of my own text or the actual article titles?

Regards. Peter.

I have built an online store solely with the help of this forum.

Dear all,

Is it at all possible to remove the word 'article' from the web broswer and replace it with some of my own text or the actual article titles?

Regards. Peter.

Dear all,

Regards. Peter.

If you are using V 1.57, that is controlled in admin by Header Tags SEO. If you are using some other version, you have to edit the articles_header_tags.php file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you are using V 1.57, that is controlled in admin by Header Tags SEO. If you are using some other version, you have to edit the articles_header_tags.php file.

Jack

Thanks for the quick reply Jack,

Not sure which version of article manager I have installed ( is there a quick way to check?).

Eitherway within my header tag SEO I have a range of article files. I presume the one that I need to change is 'articles.php'? I have added the new information but for some reason it still shows only article or Site Name - NAVBAR_TITLE in the browser.

Regards. Peter.

I just uploaded V 1.57 a month or two ago so if yours is before that, it is not the right version. Theother versions won't work correctly with Header Tags SEO, which is why I uploaded 1.57.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons