Article Manager v1.0

RobAnderson

Hi Sherry,

Take a look at my earlier post:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1145757

Hope that fixes your alignment issues

Rgrds,

G

I guess this is where I'm supposed to ask this question...

My articles are appearing with the text centered and I want them to appear left aligned.

How can I fix that?

Does this work with HTC?

Thanks,

Sherry

I've noticed one or two people having the same problem as me but no fixes.

When I do the installation I can create articles in admin but when I go to my site every page is completely blank...no header no footer, no nothing.

Any solution to this? Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,

Michael

Hi Rob,

I have uploaded the 2 php 5 files, and it all works great except for getting the following error when viewing all articles:

All Articles
Current Articles
1054 - Unknown column 'overallb_pos1.au.articles_id' in 'on clause'

select count(*) as total from ((articles a) left join authors au using(authors_id)) left join articles_description ad using(articles_id), articles_to_topics a2t left join topics_description td using(topics_id) where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and ad.language_id = '1' and td.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Anything I can do to get rid of this?

Thanks,

Griz

Looks like you are not using MySQL 5.

Use the article.php file from Article Manager v 1.4

Worked for me!

Marco

I've noticed one or two people having the same problem as me but no fixes.

When I do the installation I can create articles in admin but when I go to my site every page is completely blank...no header no footer, no nothing.

Any solution to this? Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,

Michael

I have the same problem, I got no error after I uploaded all the files and followed the read me file. I can create articles in the admin section but it wont show up in the site page. I tried to install other complete packages of article manager but I'm having the same result.

Birds with same feathers, are same birds.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i have installed the version V1.5

Everything seems to be ok eccept when i want to write a new article.

http://www.mysite/admin/articles.php?selected_box=articles

If i press on the button write a new article or a new categorie, i have always this adress in my explorer :

http://www.mysite/-t-.html?action=new_topic

Does anybody can help me?

Edited by xavkick

Hi i have installed the version V1.5

Everything seems to be ok eccept when i want to write a new article.

http://www.mysite/admin/articles.php?selected_box=articles

If i press on the button write a new article or a new categorie, i have always this adress in my explorer :

http://www.mysite/-t-.html?action=new_topic

Does anybody can help me?

No it seems to work but i have a blank page ..

• 2 weeks later...

I am having some issues trying to get the Header tag controller to work correctly with Article Manager 1.5.1.

Everything is working fine with the articles, but I cannot get the header tags to for the individual articles to work at all.

I have HTC 2.6.3 installed with STS v4.5.8 and everything functions correctly.

When I edit includes/languages/english/article_header_tags.php only the

define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL','Articles');
  define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL','These articles provide information to complement the products and services provided by eproductshop.com');
  define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL','software, websites, ebooks, information, oscommerce,');

will change the Header tags for the article pages. The code for the individual pages do nothing to the tags. Here is my code.

<?php

/*
 $Id: article_header_tags.php, v1.0 2003/12/04 12:00:00 ra Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 [url="http://www.oscommerce.com"]http://www.oscommerce.com[/url]

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

// Mofification of Header Tags Contribution
// WebMakers.com Added: Header Tags Generator v2.0

/* If you have the Header Tags Controller already installed, replicate the
  global details from header_tags.php into the indented section below  */

// Define your email address to appear on all pages
  define('HEAD_REPLY_TAG_ALL','[email protected]');

// For all pages not defined or left blank, and for articles not defined
  // These are included unless you set the toggle switch in each section below to OFF ( '0' )
  // The HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL is included BEFORE the specific one for the page
  // The HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL is included AFTER the specific one for the page
  // The HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL is included AFTER the specific one for the page
  define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL','Articles');
  define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL','These articles provide information to complement the products and services provided by eproductshop.com');
  define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL','software, websites, ebooks, information, oscommerce,');

/* End of Indented Section */

// DEFINE TAGS FOR INDIVIDUAL PAGES

// articles.php
define('HTTA_ARTICLES_ON','1'); // Include HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL in Title
define('HTKA_ARTICLES_ON','1'); // Include HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL in Keywords
define('HTDA_ARTICLES_ON','1'); // Include HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL in Description
define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ARTICLES','Articles');
define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_ARTICLES','Articles');
define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_ARTICLES','articles');

// article_info.php - if left blank in articles_description table these values will be used
define('HTTA_ARTICLE_INFO_ON','1');
define('HTKA_ARTICLE_INFO_ON','1');
define('HTDA_ARTICLE_INFO_ON','1');
define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ARTICLE_INFO','Articles');
define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_ARTICLE_INFO','');
define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_ARTICLE_INFO','');

// articles_new.php - new articles
// If HEAD_KEY_TAG_ARTICLES_NEW is left blank, it will build the keywords from the articles_names of all new articles
define('HTTA_ARTICLES_NEW_ON','1');
define('HTKA_ARTICLES_NEW_ON','1');
define('HTDA_ARTICLES_NEW_ON','1');
define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ARTICLES_NEW','');
define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_ARTICLES_NEW','');
define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_ARTICLES_NEW','');

// article_reviews_info.php and article_reviews.php - if left blank in articles_description table these values will be used
define('HTTA_ARTICLE_REVIEWS_INFO_ON','1');
define('HTKA_ARTICLE_REVIEWS_INFO_ON','1');
define('HTDA_ARTICLE_REVIEWS_INFO_ON','1');
define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ARTICLE_REVIEWS_INFO','');
define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_ARTICLE_REVIEWS_INFO','');
define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_ARTICLE_REVIEWS_INFO','');

?>

no matter what I enter into any of the individual pages tags it does not display in the source code.

The main problem is that when I create an article, the keywords for that article are not being displayed in the <head> section or anywhere.

I can get the header tags for the individual pages to display if I change the <head> code in the include/article_xxx.php files.

From

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<?php
// Mofification of Header Tags Contribution
// BOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0
// Replaced by header_tags.php
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'article_header_tags.php') ) {
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'article_header_tags.php');
} else {
?>
 <title><?php echo TITLE ?></title>
<?php
}
// EOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0
?>

to 

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>

Because STS will automatically pickup the HTC tags a display them correctly, but the keywords and descriptions for the individual articles entered on the admin side still are not displayed in the source code.

I checked the database and the entries for the tags are there but not being displayed.

www.eproductshop.com is the site if you want to take a look.

I am sorry for the long post, but I wanted to make sure you had plenty of information so you can help. I am new to OSC and PHP, MySQL. I have been able to figure out most issues myself except this one.

Please help. Thanks

Well my wife and I figured out a way to get it to work correctly. I will post the fix we came up with to help anyone with the same problem soon.
:thumbsup: Looking forward to see how individual article title tags came through source code. We are seeing similar problem albeit older versions of HTC, Article Manager, & STS.

I have the same problem, I got no error after I uploaded all the files and followed the read me file. I can create articles in the admin section but it wont show up in the site page. I tried to install other complete packages of article manager but I'm having the same result.

hi, I have the same issue after installing the Article Manager 1.5. but when read the readme file again, I found out I haven't done this bit.

ALSO, if you DO NOT have Header Tags Installed, add the following (else don't!)

// add only if Header Tags not already installed

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

we have to add that line to the includes/application_top.php

check out my site and you will see it is working now. http://irisgift.com/catalog/articles.php

cheers,

Iris

hi, I have the same issue after installing the Article Manager 1.5. but when read the readme file again, I found out I haven't done this bit.

ALSO, if you DO NOT have Header Tags Installed, add the following (else don't!)

// add only if Header Tags not already installed

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

we have to add that line to the includes/application_top.php

check out my site and you will see it is working now. http://irisgift.com/catalog/articles.php

cheers,

Iris

I have "Warning: main(includes/modules/article_listing.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/amsz/public_html/main/articles_new.php on line 73" errors everywhere. I can add, edit and play with articles, I can see them in the menu's, I can even see the articles text if I go to the articles. I checked ALL the files twice now. They are obviously there. I can even see the text I put in the article. Any ideas?

I have "Warning: main(includes/modules/article_listing.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/amsz/public_html/main/articles_new.php on line 73" errors everywhere. I can add, edit and play with articles, I can see them in the menu's, I can even see the articles text if I go to the articles. I checked ALL the files twice now. They are obviously there. I can even see the text I put in the article. Any ideas?

bunem, verify chmod includes/modules/ folder is set to 777 and includes/modules/article_listing.php file is set to 644 and catalog/articles_new.php is set to 644

mylane, check if text entry in articles actually shows up in mysql table articles_description as your install may not be writing to database.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if it is possible, the idea that you can cross sell products based on an article is cool, however i have set up my articles in a different way, i am using this system for brochures on products i sell. Is it possible to cross sell products based on the article category rather then an article it's self.

http://www.caravanmart.com.au/ <-- web page, Articles on the mid left column under Brochures/Specs.

I only use the category description box to display the info required as i wanted the article headers visible on the menu at all times. So can i have at the bottom the caravans i sell that relate to the model of the brochure ?

Thanks

Has anyone else had this error message on a fresh install of this contrib when you click on the "All Articles" in the Articles infobox on the main page:

All Articles

Current Articles

1054 - Unknown column 'mydatabase.au.articles_id' in 'on clause'

select count(*) as total from ((articles a) left join authors au using(authors_id)) left join articles_description ad using(articles_id), articles_to_topics a2t left join topics_description td using(topics_id) where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and ad.language_id = '1' and td.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Everything else with this install seems to work well so far.

But I do need some help on this one.

hello i have this problem in the article manager

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in E:\_Webzone\EasyPHP 2.0b1\www\comalors\admin\article_reviews.php on line 149

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in E:\_Webzone\EasyPHP 2.0b1\www\comalors\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in E:\_Webzone\EasyPHP 2.0b1\www\comalors\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 18

somebody can help me i think is a probleme with mysql5 and array_merge in article_reviews.php or the function object_info.php in the admin edit comments

article_reviews.php

$rInfo_array = array_merge($reviews, $articles, $articles_name);

$rInfo = new objectInfo($rInfo_array);

object_info.php

<?php

class objectInfo {

// class constructor

function objectInfo($object_array) {

reset($object_array);

while (list($key, $value) = each($object_array)) {

$this->$key = tep_db_prepare_input($value);

}

}

}

?>

please some help thanks

Edited by neolo

Is anyone else having issues with "the For those using dynamic_sitemap" add on (12 Sep 2007). It seams to be generating the wrong URL for article topics in my sitemap. For example the correct URL for topic 5 should be:

/articles.php?tPath=5

But this is the link thats being generated in the sitemap:

articles.php?topics_id=5

i.e "topics_id" instead of "tPath". Below is the code I added to the sitemap.php to included links to my articles topics, can you see the issue?:

<?php
//ARTICLE MANAGER START
echo '<ul class="sitemap">';
echo '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLES, '', 

'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_ALL_ARTICLES . '</a></li>' . ""; 
$topics_query = tep_db_query("select t.topics_id, td.topics_name, t.parent_id from " . 

TABLE_TOPICS . " t, " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td where t.parent_id = '" . (int)

$topic_links[$i] . "' and t.topics_id = td.topics_id and td.language_id = '" . (int)

$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, td.topics_name");
if (tep_db_num_rows($topics_query) > 0) {
$row = 0;
while ($topics = tep_db_fetch_array($topics_query)) {
$row++;
echo '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLES, 'topics_id=' . $topics

['topics_id']) . '">' . $topics['topics_name'] . '</a></li>' . "";
}
}
echo '</ul>';
//ARTICLE MANAGER END
?>

I have an article written on my website at eProductShop on how to get the header tags to work properly with HTC 2.6.3, STS, and Article Manager 1.5.1. Hopefully it helps.

Well my wife and I figured out a way to get it to work correctly. I will post the fix we came up with to help anyone with the same problem soon.
Edited by bigd357

Is anyone else having issues with "the For those using dynamic_sitemap" add on (12 Sep 2007). It seams to be generating the wrong URL for article topics in my sitemap. For example the correct URL for topic 5 should be:

/articles.php?tPath=5

But this is the link thats being generated in the sitemap:

articles.php?topics_id=5

i.e "topics_id" instead of "tPath". Below is the code I added to the sitemap.php to included links to my articles topics, can you see the issue?:

<?php
//ARTICLE MANAGER START
echo '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLES, '', 

'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_ALL_ARTICLES . '</a></li>' . ""; 
$topics_query = tep_db_query("select t.topics_id, td.topics_name, t.parent_id from " . 

TABLE_TOPICS . " t, " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td where t.parent_id = '" . (int)

$topic_links[$i] . "' and t.topics_id = td.topics_id and td.language_id = '" . (int)

$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, td.topics_name");
$row = 0;
$row++;
echo '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLES, 'topics_id=' . $topics

['topics_id']) . '">' . $topics['topics_name'] . '</a></li>' . "";
}
}
echo '</ul>';
//ARTICLE MANAGER END
?>

My Bad Looks like I fudged that. I should have got this up sooner.

heres the correct code:

<?php
		 //ARTICLE MANAGER START
		 echo '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLES, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_ALL_ARTICLES . '</a></li>' . "";			
$topics_query = tep_db_query("select t.topics_id, td.topics_name, t.parent_id from " . TABLE_TOPICS . " t, " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td where t.parent_id = '" . (int)$topic_links[$i] . "' and t.topics_id = td.topics_id and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, td.topics_name");
$row = 0;
$row++;
echo '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLES, 'tPath=' . $topics['topics_id']) . '">' . $topics['topics_name'] . '</a></li>' . "";
}
}
echo '</ul>';
//ARTICLE MANAGER END
?>

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Hello All

I have installed Article Manager, and its operating fine.

I can make new articles etc, but when i click on All Articles, nothing is displayed, even though i have several articles available

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks

Tarek

RACESPEC

Hello All

I have installed Article Manager, and its operating fine.

I can make new articles etc, but when i click on All Articles, nothing is displayed, even though i have several articles available

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks

Tarek

RACESPEC

I've got the same problem with rc 2a

I like what I see.

Does somebody plan to make collect all the useful updates and release it as a complete ZIP ?

it's looking a bit scary and confusing right now, no instructions and a lot of code suggestions.

..if somebody would be so nice and post a working, complete compilation - it would be sweet.

Maybe it's time to collect it all and call it 1.6 ?