• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to modify Contribution 1446?

Scotty

I was wondering if anyone knows how to modify the contribution 1446

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1446

to include additional table rates.

The included text says it is very simple, but I can not figure it out how to do the modification :(

I appreciate if anyone can shed some light on this, as this is one of the most helpful shipping related contributes.

Copy the commented code and duplicate for each rate you want.

See the lines starting with '// jgp - ' - And/or contact the author.

Thanks Jason for the hint, but once you copy the code and paste it, do you also have to make changes to the pasted code? If yes, what are those changes?

BTW, the author does not include any contact information in the docs. Is there any way else I can get hold of him/her?

TIA

Sorry to repeat my question again, but it seems that important inquiries (at least to me) get buried quickly under the tons of other topics before someone really gets to take a look at them seriously and I am still suffering from the same situation and don't see a light at the end of the tunnel. :blink:

So, is there anybody out there who can help me out with this? :huh:

TIA,

Scotty

• 2 months later...

I can't even get this contrib to work as it stands. I've uninstalled and re-installed it numerous times, but it still only gives me one table, and the only method "choice" is price or weight.

I also found the directions confusing:

2. Replace the 'table.php' file in /includes/languages/english/modules with 'table_language.php'

3. Replace the 'table.php' file in /includes/modules/shipping with 'table_module.php'

Am I supposed to rename the table_language.php and the table_module.php to table.php? I'm assuming the answer is yes, but I've tried it both ways, with table.php in both places (well, more than two, see explanation below) with the table_language.php and table_module.php names as well.

Also, there was no table.php in the /includes/languages/english/modules folder before adding the one from the contribution, but there was one in includes/modules/shipping, so I'm assuming the directions refer to includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/table.php? At any rate, I've tried it in both places, both with table.php and table_language.php.

I've wasted hours on this and have done everything I can think of more than once. Can somebody please help? :(