• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Linkpoint/Cardservices Install

I am trying toinstall the linkpoint payment module and i am receiving the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: curl_init() in /hsphere/local/home/tracie84/tracielong.net/catalog/includes/linkpoint/lpphp.php on line 166

thanks in advance

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you need to specify the curl path. In your catalog/includes/linkpoint folder edit the lpphp.php file. At the top of the lpphp.php file you have to specify the curl path.

this is a copy of what I changed to get it to work:

#if php version > 4.0.2 use built-in php curl functions (1=YES, 0=NO)

$this->PHP_CURLFUNCS = 0; # default=1=yes

# 0=no

#otherwise shell out to the curl binary

#uncomment this next field ONLY if NOT using PHP_CURLFUNCS above (=0)

$this->curlpath = "/usr/local/bin/curl"; # default=commented

#$this->curlpath = "c:\\curl7.9\\curl.exe";

hope this helps

you guys are going to shoot me

what the heck is a curl path and what do i need it for?

i thought i had a pretty decent grip on this stuff and now this

First check the server info in the admin section to see wether the cURL is installed with your PHP, If it is installed, then delete all the files you have uploaded for linkpoint module and upload a fresh copy.

If you dont see the cURL when you run server info from admin section, then it means that the php installed in your hosting service is Older than 4.0.2 . ASk your hosting service wether they have installed cURL, and if they have installed it, whats the path to cURL. if they give you the path to cURL, then make the necessary changes in lpphp.php file. If your host dont provide cURL, then you better find another host who provides cRUL and all necessary options which supports osComerce.

P.S: This is just a opinion. I am giving you this opinion after reading many posts related with linkpoint service. You must consult experienced persons before you take any action.

:)

I use rackspace managed hosting and they are saying they can install and rebuild the system with curl.

I am confused because I thought PHP was always inclusive (all components were installed)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in a similiar situation:

I specified the cURL path (while in debugging mode)

$this->EZ_CONVERSION = 1; # 1 = HARDWIRE PORT TO 1129 default=1

$this->DEBUGGING = 1; # diagnostic output default=0=none

# 1=ON

# 0=no

$this->curlpath = "/usr/bin/curl"; # default=commented

Then it comes up with another error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/moreno/dwd2.com/catalog/includes/linkpoint/lpphp.php:551) in /hsphere/local/home/moreno/dwd2.com/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Then it comes up with another error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/moreno/dwd2.com/catalog/includes/linkpoint/lpphp.php:551) in /hsphere/local/home/moreno/dwd2.com/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

Well i dont know much about linkpoint and php, But the header already sent error normally appears when you have an extra blank line at the end of the lpphp.php

Get your cursor at the end of the file after '?>' , and press 'delete' few times just to make sure that there are no more lines after the '?>'

Hope this will solve your problem

I've been struggling with this one for a few days now. Good thing I have a full head of hair because I've been going bonkers trying to figure this out. I have the most recent version of cURL installed as a binary on my server, but I didn't compile mod_php for Apache to include the cURL functions. After about a half-dozen calls into Linkpoint's customer support line I found a tech-rep who indicated that specifying a path to cURL (as specified in the LinkPoint mod) simply WON'T work.

You MUST have the cURL functions either compiled into the mod_php of your server configuration, or you you must make/make install mod_curl for your web server (in my case Apache).

Linkpoint says that they recognize the problem and are trying to find a way around it, but for now you can't just specify the location of cURL on your system and expect it to work.

I'd be happy to have someone tell me I'm wrong here. In the meantime I'm about to school myself in how to compile mod_php to include cURL functions. Fun (not!). <_<

Hey Steve, I produce educational videos for public resale and when money's tight (more common than I enjoy admitting) I produce commercial/industrial videos that get used privately by companies and/or agencies. I've been trying to figure out how to use osCommerce to deliver educational video over the Internet on a Pay-Per-View basis, but that's still a long way off.

i also get a cURL error# 1002

cannot execute cURL

i copied and pasted

# 0=no

$this->curlpath = "/usr/local/bin/curl"; # default=commented

and it still will not work.

anythnught on what im missing????

- I NOW KNOW THAT I KNOW MUCH LESS THAN I THOUGHT I ONCE DID.

As stated in my previous post...

After about a half-dozen calls into Linkpoint's customer support line I found a tech-rep who indicated that specifying a path to cURL (as specified in the LinkPoint mod) simply WON'T work.

You MUST have the cURL functions either compiled into the mod_php of your server configuration, or you you must make/make install mod_curl for your web server (in my case Apache).

Linkpoint says that they recognize the problem and are trying to find a way around it, but for now you can't just specify the location of cURL on your system and expect it to work.

Don't know how else I can help.

well.. i can't get LINKPOINT to work.. it's killing me!!

I got into using OSCOMMERCE because it WAS simple to set up and configure.. but not this damn payment gateway

i am lost :(

jonah: Really an insightful but evil question because there's a "yes" AND a "no" to your answer. Yes, after re-compiling PHP to include cURL functions, cURL automagically started working via PHP. Being new to cURL I really had zero idea what cURL actually did, so I did some research about cURL scripts that get called via PHP and BINGO it all worked. Now........ the "no" part of your answer. No, I haven't yet been able to get Linkpoint working BECAUSE, for whatever screwed-up reason, the method of authentication between THEIR server and MY server requires a version of OpenSSL that's greater than what I currently have installed on MY server. This being the case, apparently I need to get at least OpenSSL v0.9.6h working on my machine before the servers will talk to each other. Of course, since Apache 1.3 is compiled WITH OpenSSL I must now recompile my Apache server referencing the newly installed version of OpenSSL. Maybe this would be a simple task for a unix-guru, but I'm just not comfortable with the idea of crashing my entire production server (on which I have multiple domains running) just because I didn't use the correct syntax when recompiling the server code. I guarantee that by-hook-or-by-crook, by the end of this week I'll have this all working... Linkpoint included!!!

egnegron: Dude, honestly I feel your pain. It'd be coolest if the instructions for the osCommerce modification you installed actually WORKED. Problem is... the instructions (as they currently exist) are bogus. The instructions should say... "if your PHP server is compliled without cURL functions, DON'T USE THIS MOD!" Unfortunately you got suckered into the same ideology as me! We both figured, 'hey, the instructions say it'll work, so therefore it MUST work.' Problem is, as stated, no matter how closely followed, the instructions don't actually work. You gotta get "cURL" running with your PHP.

Is cURL running with your PHP?

The answer can be found by first creating a file on your server containing the following code:

<html>
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
</body>
</html>

then calling that file via a web browser.  The resulting web page should show you masses of detail about your PHP server installation, etc.

See whether there's a section labeled curl.

If so, see whether CURL support is "enabled".  If so, you're golden.

If not (if you don't see a section labeled curl, or if you see that "CURL support" is disabled) then you're up against a wall.

Best of wishes with this. I wish I could offer you the cookie-cutter solution... but it seems impossible.

Try the code above and tell me whether you find a section listed there labeled CURL.

Ok, that's obviously a good sign. I'm willing to try to help you out. The "Error #1002" has me a little stumped and may not at all be associated with the problems I'm having.

Next questions...

1. Do you maintain your own server?

2. In the PHP-Info screen, under the section labeled "Apache Environment", what's listed next to the Variable "SERVER_SOFTWARE"?

3. Have you downloaded and installed the latest, greatest lphp.php from Linkpoint?

4. Have you tried running any test-transactions through your PHP server using the PHP sample files that included with Linkpoint's latest distribution?

at first i was getting the 1002 error then i downloaded the lastest LPPH.PHP from linkpoint

now i get

"There has been an error processing your credit card, please try again : Could not execute curl"

this comesup at the end of the checkout process.

it seems as soon as onthing gets worked out another shows up.

anyt thoughts? ;)

at first i was getting the 1002 error then i downloaded the lastest LPHp.PHP from linkpoint

now i get

"There has been an error processing your credit card, please try again : Could not execute curl"

this comesup at the end of the checkout process.

it seems as soon as onthing gets worked out another shows up.

as for the server:

SERVER_SOFTWARE Apache/1.3.29 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.2 PHP/4.3.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2634 mod_ssl/2.8.16 OpenSSL/0.9.6b

i am the reseller of this server i'm on ;)

i'm starting to think that is some in the LPHP.php that i haven't setup right or at all... it got to be something i'm missing that easy... it's ALWAYS something like that.

thanks for you time guyz !!!! ANY help would be grand..

anyt thoughts? ;)

Your server may support Curl and SSL, but linkpoint gateway requires PHP compiled with Curl with SSL support. If you have cPanel on your server, then you can easily do this recompiling PHP.

Can you send me the link of php info file on your server?

Your server may support Curl and SSL, but linkpoint gateway requires PHP compiled with Curl with SSL support. If you have cPanel on your server, then you can easily do this recompiling PHP.

Can you send me the link of php info file on your server?

CHECK YOUR PM

Archived