• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Non-User Checkout

Well the best thing to do when you are looking for a contrib is to go search the contrib area:

OSC Contibutions

I know there is at least on that does what you want, I remember seeing it. and Non-Users are called Guests, so do several searches on the word Guest and Checkout, you will eventually find it and maybe others.

It is called Purchase without Account and I found it by searching for it in the contribs section, I also found it by searching the forums. I found it in both places.

I do not use this feature, because they need to give me there Credit Card info, Billing and Shipping info, it is actually easier for them to register than to give it once and have to give it EVERY TIME they want to check-out. That is just my view on the subject. I am sure there are good reasons for it. :)

Be aware that the PWA modification can lead to a major problem; a user can end up not being able to purchase because their email address is already assigned...I can't figure out if it's because they created an account before trying to PWA, or if a previous PWA attempt entered their information.

In any case, the user tries to enter their information, presses "continue" and ... ends up at the login page. Leads to many many support calls :(

Edited by lane