• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Products Attributes Sort v1.0

Fantastic MOD.. thanks..

The sort order works fine on the 1st set of attributes but not the second set

see:

http://idonails.com/shop/index.php/cPath/1_132

The colors come up sorted properly but not the volt option..

I belive the repair should be in /catalog/includes/modules.produc_listing.php but thats about as far as this n00b can get!!

I am also using MANY mods... but the only ones that effect this should be:

MUST SELECT ATTRIBUTES

======================

v1.2 2005/04/24 By Carine Bruyndoncx ([email protected])

Listing With Attributes v1.5

Debbie D
Franklin County, VA "Moonshine Capitol of the World"
osCmax Mobile Template oscmaxtemplates.com

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know this thread is dead and there seems to be no help here anymore, but I only have one more issue I would like resolved

how can I have the prefix for + or - automatically filled in on the grid in the new listing page? It is automatically a + on the attributes page, so I know it is an easy one to do, thanks in advance

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

• 8 months later...

I hope that support for this atrib is still alive.

I have installed it correctly, I ran the query in sql, I modified the files, and uploaded them to the right directories.

But the new column will not show up in the admin.

I am at my wits end!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i understand the error - but not sure how to fix it

the problem is that there are 6 items going into an 8 item database

insert into products_attributes values ('', '47', '7', '11', '4.99', '+')

the problem is with products_attributes.php but i dont know where or how to fix

Hi

Anyone know how to fix this error

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

ran the sql and tipple checked everything and still getting it

Thanks

Tom

Just got the same problem today. At first it seemed to work, but after first deleting all of my product attributes suddenly this problem showed up when trying to insert product attributes. I will try to solve it if I have time. If anyone else comes up with a solution please tell.

Hi

Anyone know how to fix this error

ran the sql and tipple checked everything and still getting it

Thanks

Tom

Change in admin/products_attributes row 76(or somewhere near...)

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " values ('', '" . (int)$products_id . "', '" . (int)$options_id . "', '" . (int)$values_id . "', '" . tep_db_input($value_price) . "', '" . tep_db_input($price_prefix) . "','', '".tep_db_input($attributes_sort)."')");

For some reason the last part was missing....

• 5 months later...
Change in admin/products_attributes row 76(or somewhere near...)

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " values ('', '" . (int)$products_id . "', '" . (int)$options_id . "', '" . (int)$values_id . "', '" . tep_db_input($value_price) . "', '" . tep_db_input($price_prefix) . "','', '".tep_db_input($attributes_sort)."')");

For some reason the last part was missing....

Yes, I posted the fix: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1363928

I'm coming out with a streamlined version in the next hour.

Scott

New version out: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1822

Since v1.7

----------

* Reformatted instructions

* Added database query file

* Removed extra, unnecessary database entry

* Added the multiple attribute clone option

* English and French included

Scott

Since v1.7

----------

Scott

Hey Scott great job! This was my first contribute installation and your instructions were very straight forward I don't know anything about PHP somehow found a pretty easy way to edit the .php files in dreamweaver, probably could have done it in notepad but i guess its a little quicker instead of 1st copying the file editing it and then re-uploading it... Anyways everything is lining up nicely now and the clone add-on thing is pretty cool too. I was pretty damn sure it wasn't going to work or I was going to mess something up due to how lengthy the installation was but I did everything to the T and it came out fine. Thanks again!

~MD~

p.s if anyone wants to check it out I currently only have one product up but it shows about 9 different sizes in perfect order =) LDIGear.com

Since v1.7

----------

Scott

Hello-

I am a complete newbie at this kind of thing. Any help you could offer would really be appreciated.

I am running v2.2 RC2

I found the instructions really easy to follow - the sort order is working Great! However when I try to clone the product attributes this error comes up:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''+)' at line 1

INSERT INTO products_attributes ( products_id, options_id, options_values_id, options_values_price, price_prefixt) VALUES (30, 3, 64, 0.0000, '+)

[TEP STOP]

in addition when I'm trying to insert another product attribute I get this message:

insert into products_attributes values (null, '39', '6', '81', '0', '+', '0','')

[TEP STOP]

I've been looking through the posts and I don't really understand what I need to do, pertaining to my situation? I'm sure it's something so easy to do.

Could you please help out? Thanks in advance.

kbp

Hello-

I am a complete newbie at this kind of thing. Any help you could offer would really be appreciated.

I am running v2.2 RC2

I found the instructions really easy to follow - the sort order is working Great! However when I try to clone the product attributes this error comes up:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''+)' at line 1

INSERT INTO products_attributes ( products_id, options_id, options_values_id, options_values_price, price_prefixt) VALUES (30, 3, 64, 0.0000, '+)

[TEP STOP]

in addition when I'm trying to insert another product attribute I get this message:

insert into products_attributes values (null, '39', '6', '81', '0', '+', '0','')

[TEP STOP]

I've been looking through the posts and I don't really understand what I need to do, pertaining to my situation? I'm sure it's something so easy to do.

Could you please help out? Thanks in advance.

kbp

fix posted: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1363928

also, new package uploaded...

Scott

hello,

Thanks for a great contr.

One question..

Is it possible to sort the Product Options too?

I have managed to sort the Product Attributes (the drop down menu) but not the product options (the drop down boxes themselves).

Lets say that i have to product options size, and color.

I want size to be on top, and color at the bottom..

How can i do this?

hello,

Thanks for a great contr.

One question..

Is it possible to sort the Product Options too?

I have managed to sort the Product Attributes (the drop down menu) but not the product options (the drop down boxes themselves).

Lets say that i have to product options size, and color.

I want size to be on top, and color at the bottom..

How can i do this?

i'm sure it can be done, but i have not seen it done...

Scott

i'm sure it can be done, but i have not seen it done...

Scott

Hey Scott,

Thanks for the reply.

I thought that maybe it would be possible to reuse som of the exiting package to make it possible, but my PHP skills are really nok good enough...

Anyway..

I guess i have to live with it as it is right now ;-)

Hey scott,

I just finished installing the "Attribute Sort with Attribute Clone v1.8.1" contribution. Everything was really nice and easy, but now, when i want to clone something i get this error.

INSERT INTO products_attributes ( products_id, options_id, options_values_id, options_values_price, price_prefixt) VALUES (68, 2, 8, 0.0000, '+)

[TEP STOP]

As i went through this topic i found that one other lad had the same problem and you posted a fix for him. Well, i tried that, but it seemed that my contribution already had it installed. So i really dunno whats wrong with it. ;(

Anyone else out there have the issue mentioned above? I don't so I'm looking for the community to chime in with thoughts...

Scott

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone else out there have the issue mentioned above? I don't so I'm looking for the community to chime in with thoughts...

Scott

Yes same problem, not identical but very similar

INSERT INTO products_attributes ( products_id, options_id, options_values_id, options_values_price, price_prefixt) VALUES (138, 1, 2, 0.0000, '+)

[TEP STOP]

Can you help us Scott?

There is also an error on my

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'order by pa.attribute_sort, attributes_hide_from_groups) = 0' at line 1

select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix, pa.products_attributes_id from products_attributes pa, products_options_values pov where pa.products_id = '62' and pa.options_id = '1' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '1' and find_in_set('0' order by pa.attribute_sort, attributes_hide_from_groups) = 0

I think the problem is that I have Separate Pricing Per Customer Installed

(Step 1) My product_info.php page is different at line 219

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix, pa.products_attributes_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and find_in_set('".$customer_group_id."', attributes_hide_from_groups) = 0");

I don't know php but I did my best effort to apply the changes but something is work, could you take a look please Scott

I will look into it, could you describe exactly what you were doing when the error occurred?

Scott

I will look into it, could you describe exactly what you were doing when the error occurred?

Scott

Thanks scott

I was installing Product Attributes Sort Order v1.8

The only problem I had with the installation was Step 1 modifing In catalog/product_info.php

The install instructions say to

Find this:

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

REPLACE with this:

// BOE: Attribute Sort with Clone Tool

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by pa.attribute_sort");

// EOE: Attribute Sort with Clone Tool

My problem is because I have Special Pricing Per Customer installed the code I need to change is not exactly the same, my code on line 219 of my product_info.php looks like this

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix, pa.products_attributes_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by pa.attribute_sort and find_in_set('".$customer_group_id."', attributes_hide_from_groups) = 0");

I tried to make the change keeping the extra code for SPPC on the end, it seem to work when I went into the admin control panel, until I tried to clone an attribut from one product to another, that is when the error ocurred in the admin panel,

If this is too confusing, it might be easier for you if I just gave you my original product_info.php file, let me know if you want me to post it.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I just installed this mod (latest version) And I get this error in my admin:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_attributes_sort() in /home/jcsl01/domains/jcsl.nl/public_html/baja/shop/catalog/admin/products_attributes.php on line 602

601 // BOE: Attribute Sort with Clone Tool

602 $attributes_sort = tep_attributes_sort($attributes_values['products_attributes_id']);

603 // EOE: Attribute Sort with Clone Tool

Edited by J.S. Coolen

• 5 weeks later...

I have installed this contribution, and had some difficulties with merge it into QT Pro v4.51b but after, it worked fine.

Found the fix to insert it into QT Pro (Product Attrib Sort for QT Pro v4

by Nicholas Rivera) The only thing it doesn't do wel, is CLONING the attributes to another product.

The cloning is fine, also al the attributes are there for the new product. Also nr 1 is nr 1 nr 2 is nr 2 etc etc.

But on the frontside the order in wich the attributes should apear are reversed. So first size 6 than size 5 4 etc etc.

Anyone seen this before?

Scot????

Thanks Harold.