• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recover Cart Sales

HI!

Thanks for a great contribution.

Do you know where the problems could be:

When I place a test order and loggof (or just leave/exit/close the page) and I repeat this several times, sometimes I do get all the info (pricing, productname and description) and on other accounts I get the amount (1, 2 of whatever from a product) but no pricing (0), productname and description in my recover_sales window.

I do not get any errors.

I have not heard of this before so I don't have any answer there.

When exactly do the recovered products show in the 'recovered sales results' and what does it say/mean.

I do get the 'examined records', but when do I see the results? I have completed an order from the e-mail but nothing is showing up in the report.

The report tries to match sales against orders that were sent an email via RCS tool. Due to the nature of osCommerce's database this is an inexact process and would require changing the way orders are processed to fix completely.

Hello,

I have just installed the Abandoned Cart contribution, and it works great except for one thing in the email which is generated. Here's a sample:

"Login to your account here: /store/login.php

------------------------------------------------------

Dear ross,

Thank you for stopping by Secret Oktober and considering us for your purchase. We noticed that during a visit to our store you placed the following item(s) in your shopping cart, but did not complete the transaction.

Shopping Cart Contents:

1 x Mom Tattoo baby T-shirt-S

/store/product_info.php?products_id=831

...[etc. etc.]"

So, I am guessing this is something wrong in my configuration somewhere? But I don't see where. I tried to puzzle through the code for a bit but I'm not finding it. It may or may not be related, but my "catalog" folder is called "store" instead.

So, basically it is not putting "https://www.secret-oktober.com" at the front of the login or the product link. Now, I just went ahead and hardcoded that into store/admin/recover_cart_sales.php. However, that is a sort of kludgy (sp?) solution, and I get the feeling that something is not set right in my configuration which will bite me sometime in the future. Also, perhaps others may experience the same problem depending on their setup so I thought I would share my experience. Anyone have an idea where I should look for the 'real' solution?

thanks,

ross

Look in the FAQ section of the docs ... basically you need to properly setup your configure.php file's http urls.

Hello,

I have just installed the Abandoned Cart contribution, and it works great except for one thing in the email which is generated. Here's a sample:

"Login to your account here: /store/login.php

------------------------------------------------------

Dear ross,

Thank you for stopping by Secret Oktober and considering us for your purchase. We noticed that during a visit to our store you placed the following item(s) in your shopping cart, but did not complete the transaction.

Shopping Cart Contents:

1 x Mom Tattoo baby T-shirt-S

/store/product_info.php?products_id=831

...[etc. etc.]"

So, I am guessing this is something wrong in my configuration somewhere? But I don't see where. I tried to puzzle through the code for a bit but I'm not finding it. It may or may not be related, but my "catalog" folder is called "store" instead.

So, basically it is not putting "https://www.secret-oktober.com" at the front of the login or the product link. Now, I just went ahead and hardcoded that into store/admin/recover_cart_sales.php. However, that is a sort of kludgy (sp?) solution, and I get the feeling that something is not set right in my configuration which will bite me sometime in the future. Also, perhaps others may experience the same problem depending on their setup so I thought I would share my experience. Anyone have an idea where I should look for the 'real' solution?

thanks,

ross

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am absolutely loving this contribution and cant wait to start using it - just having one problem, where I dont seem to find a solution to:

If I run the tool in the tools section, I can see a list of abandoned carts, if I then go to the reports section, there is notthing but:

Examined Records: 0

Recovered Sales: 0

(Possible sales from customers who abanoned carts & were notified via RCS)

This is the section where I am suppost to have the opportuinity to send email, set special prices etc - isnt it? Any idea what I did wrong?

I habe searched the forum for a while but couldnt find a solution - apologies if this has been discussed before and I missed it!

Many thanks - Kerstin :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, I really need help with this one!

I have successfully installed this wonderful contrib and everything works fine exept one thing...

The email that is sent to customer is without line breaks and look very bad especially in outlook.

I tried to switch to "Plain text" and back to "Mime HTML" and all the others email options but it seems that it is not effecting this terrible formating.

My shop does sends HTML invoices successfully to customers and also the "welcome email" is writing in the same code as the language file on this contrib but it sends well organized emails...

I have seen this subject raising a few times in this post but no one gave a good answer to this problem yet...

Here is how the email looks like:

email.jpg

Thanks,

Hi Guys, I really need help with this one!

I have successfully installed this wonderful contrib and everything works fine exept one thing...

The email that is sent to customer is without line breaks and look very bad especially in outlook.

I tried to switch to "Plain text" and back to "Mime HTML" and all the others email options but it seems that it is not effecting this terrible formating.

My shop does sends HTML invoices successfully to customers and also the "welcome email" is writing in the same code as the language file on this contrib but it sends well organized emails...

I have seen this subject raising a few times in this post but no one gave a good answer to this problem yet...

Thanks,

Haven't seen this before, but here is an example of where line breaks are inserted:

$email .= "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n\n";

It would appear that either your email server or client is not taking "\n" as a new line character. I recently ran into something similar in another project, and did something like this:

$cr="

"

$email .= $cr . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . $cr . $cr;

(ie, make $cr into a "true" line separator and then replace all "\n" usage with $cr).

Hope that helps!

Haven't seen this before, but here is an example of where line breaks are inserted:

$email .= "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n\n";

It would appear that either your email server or client is not taking "\n" as a new line character. I recently ran into something similar in another project, and did something like this:

$cr="

"

$email .= $cr . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . $cr . $cr;

(ie, make $cr into a "true" line separator and then replace all "\n" usage with $cr).

Hope that helps!

Hi,

I have seen this problem happen before for myself. It happened when I used one of the SMTP Authentication contribs. I had to change to use a different one as it wasn't applying any formatting to the email messages.

Cheers,

Chris

I iinstalled this contribution and then I tried to made a test purchse on my site

but at the checout screen, did not enter CC info and closed the browser window.

Now, when I go to Admin ->reports->Recover Cart Sales

I dont see any info there

Is this not this contributoin is supposed to do?

Do I have to do some setting for this feature to work?

I iinstalled this contribution and then I tried to made a test purchse on my site

but at the checout screen, did not enter CC info and closed the browser window.

Now, when I go to Admin ->reports->Recover Cart Sales

I dont see any info there

Is this not this contributoin is supposed to do?

Do I have to do some setting for this feature to work?

Yep, that's what would be expected since you didn't actually try to recover any carts. Per the FAQ in the instructions, you need to use the tool to send out an email before you will get any results. The report is only used to show how many sales have been completed after RCS was used to email the customer (via the tool).

Still not working

Also, does it works with "Purchase without account" mod?

Not enough information to say why it's not working for you; but many people use this contribution every day.

As for working with the pwa mod, I am not sure if it's compatible or not. I would think so, but I don't know what that mod changes and it does seem like it would have to modify the cart/checkout system somewhat so it is very possible it could be incompatible with this contribution.

I've seen this post a couple of other times however i could not find the fix. The emails from RCS 2.22 are not being delivered. i set up a test account and sent the email, it never showed up. i also configured it to send a copy to store owner, the copy to the store owner came through but not the main to customer. i used a few different test emails, always with the same result. This is a fresh install of 2.22. Any help would be greatly appriciated, this seems like a great contribution, i would love to be able to use it.

I've seen this post a couple of other times however i could not find the fix. The emails from RCS 2.22 are not being delivered. i set up a test account and sent the email, it never showed up. i also configured it to send a copy to store owner, the copy to the store owner came through but not the main to customer. i used a few different test emails, always with the same result. This is a fresh install of 2.22. Any help would be greatly appriciated, this seems like a great contribution, i would love to be able to use it.

Hi,

For the first time I can actually say that I have experienced the problem where RCS does not send out emails.

They were all working fine, and then my Web Host suddenly turned on SMTP Authentication, so I had to add one of the SMTP Authentication contribs, and since then this contrib has not been sending out emails. All the other emails for my site works fine, and RCS was sending out emails previously without any problems.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards,

Chris

Hi,

For the first time I can actually say that I have experienced the problem where RCS does not send out emails.

They were all working fine, and then my Web Host suddenly turned on SMTP Authentication, so I had to add one of the SMTP Authentication contribs, and since then this contrib has not been sending out emails. All the other emails for my site works fine, and RCS was sending out emails previously without any problems.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards,

Chris

I have noticed that my emails are being delivered intermittingly. Looks like about 30% are actually being delivered. unfortunately I think this is worse, at least if none of the emails were being delivered it would be easier to pinpoint the problem.

My host also has smtp authentication, however I have not installed any mods to deal with it.

hello everybody

I installed the contribution but I can't access anymore my admin

I run osc creloaded ...

I don't see anymenu to get in after evrything is installed ...

regards

Jacques

I have no information about creloaded or even what it is/does, but it's not something that is directly supported by RCS nor do I have any knowledge that creloaded supports RCS. Best bet is to contact whoever puts out/maintains creloaded.

I have noticed that my emails are being delivered intermittingly. Looks like about 30% are actually being delivered. unfortunately I think this is worse, at least if none of the emails were being delivered it would be easier to pinpoint the problem.

My host also has smtp authentication, however I have not installed any mods to deal with it.

I'm not sure how osC handles smtp authentication, so this is not an issue I have a solution for right off the top. Please note that RCS uses the osC email module, not anything "custom" (all it does is set the delivery address, topic and body components).

I'm not sure how osC handles smtp authentication, so this is not an issue I have a solution for right off the top. Please note that RCS uses the osC email module, not anything "custom" (all it does is set the delivery address, topic and body components).

Hi,

I know that RCS uses the OsC Email module, and I used to think that any email problems people had with RCS were not related at all, but I have since had the problem happen to me when I put in the SMTP Authentication contrib. All other emails are working fine, but RCS has stopped sending out emails (and it had previously been sending emails for quite a long time, every couple of days).

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can check out? or any things to try?

Thanks.

Edit: I am using RCS 2.11

Edited by stonebridgecomputing

Hi,

I know that RCS uses the OsC Email module, and I used to think that any email problems people had with RCS were not related at all, but I have since had the problem happen to me when I put in the SMTP Authentication contrib. All other emails are working fine, but RCS has stopped sending out emails (and it had previously been sending emails for quite a long time, every couple of days).

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can check out? or any things to try?

Thanks.

Edit: I am using RCS 2.11

My only guess is that the SMTP authentication contribution requires modifying where emails are sent, which would mean a modification to RCS to handle it. I wouldn't expect this, but I can't think of any other reason why it would break RCS.

Hello all,

Great contrib, and it worked fine for me for awhile. Something has gone wrong somewhere as many abandoned carts show up with no description or price. The quantity is there though.

I upgraded from 1.5 to 2.2 to see if it would help, but no joy.

I noticed a post a few pages back with the same problem, no answer though.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Dave