• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recover Cart Sales

Just Wondering If a Button That Alowed you To Click On It And Complet The Order Is Posible.This would Be Great for The Ones That Use paypal And Do Not return To The Site.

You mean they paid but it still shows up as an unsold cart? I like the idea but it's also problematic. What if they were using PayPal Express Checkout, authorized the payment, but never completed it on your site? Could you then manually complete it on the back-end and then their PayPal account is charged? This would be WRONG. Maybe I'm being a tad too paranoid, but it's something to wonder after.

It's one thing to have a record of a paid-for order, it's another to manually generate orders that the customer doesn't actually want.

That being said, there is at least one contribution for Manual Order Entry.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Just Wondering If a Button That Alowed you To Click On It And Complet The Order Is Posible.This would Be Great for The Ones That Use paypal And Do Not return To The Site.

I am assuming you mean "complete the order as if paypal had informed the store of the payment"? If not, what? (I'd like to have an option to "complete" an order manually somewhere since every now and again the payment complete message doesn't arrive from the credit card processor, paypal, etc.)

It might be possible, but I've looked into it and couldn't figure out how to do this. The payment system in osC is not easily edited, esp. when each individual payment option has it's own way of doing things. I'm hoping 2.0 will solve this, which would make such a button more likely to be possible.

I hope this inappropriate but I see synergies between this proposed contribution and ?RecoverCartSales?.

What I propose (I am not a coder unfortunately) is an interface similar to that of unsold carts, but which emails successful customer with a personalised request for feedback/ request for product review in the hope of drawing the customer back in for repeat purchases/ to create review content and SE feed?.

What do you think? would this be an easy adaptation/ addition of the RecoverCartSales code base?

To the creators and support team!!! ?RecoverCartSales? is the best of the best!!! Brilliant!!!

Rich

I hope this inappropriate but I see synergies between this proposed contribution and ?RecoverCartSales?.

What I propose (I am not a coder unfortunately) is an interface similar to that of unsold carts, but which emails successful customer with a personalised request for feedback/ request for product review in the hope of drawing the customer back in for repeat purchases/ to create review content and SE feed?.

What do you think? would this be an easy adaptation/ addition of the RecoverCartSales code base?

This functionality seems like what the newsletter feature of the stock osC would be used for. In addition, since the subscription can be controlled by the customer you wouldn't make anti-customers out of people who don't want to be contacted :)

• 2 weeks later...

Anything on this issue yet? I've created a tmp directory in my root folder, one in my public_html folder and one in my /pubic_html/store/ folder to cover all possible locations, and I chmodded each of them 777. I'm still having the problem.

Under Configuration > Cache it says:

Use Cache true

Cache Directory /home/sangui81/public_html/tmp/

Under Configuration > Sessions it says:

Session Directory /tmp

Under Tools > Cache Control it says:

Cache Directory: /home/sangui81/public_html/tmp/

Under Tools > Recover Cart Sales it says:

Warning: opendir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 32095 is not allowed to access /tmp owned by uid 0 in /home/sangui81/public_html/store/admin/recover_cart_sales.php on line 108

Warning: opendir(/tmp): failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home/sangui81/public_html/store/admin/recover_cart_sales.php on line 108

Recover_cart_sales.php, line 108 says:

if( $handle = opendir( tep_session_save_path() ) )

If somebody could tell me what I need to do to fix this issue (or point me in the right direction), I promise I'll stop bugging people about it! =)

Just a quick note for future readers: there are no instructions at the time of this writing to cover the issue being referred to here. The issue, not having access to the /tmp directory, is an issue not addressed in the instructions because access to the /tmp directory is assumed to be working since it is required for many other parts of the osC installation. There is a configuration section for the /tmp directory usage as part of the stock osC ms2 release.

When I get time I will add a FAQ section about this to the RCS instructions about this issue :)

--Sanguinarius

If you're reading this, I'm probably pulling my hair out. ;>

*waiting for osCommerce 3.0 alpha 6* (I'm after the coupons.)

Warning: opendir(/tmp): failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home/sangui81/public_html/store/admin/recover_cart_sales.php on line 108

If somebody could tell me what I need to do to fix this issue (or point me in the right direction), I promise I'll stop bugging people about it! =)

I didn't see the first post :)

I'm not sure how to get around this error, as I'm not a unix (or php) guru. However, you can get around this issue easily by either having sessions stored in a mysql database or turning off the RCS option to Ignore Customers with Sessions (ie, set to false in the RCS Configurations area).

Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using the Version 2.0 of the Recover Cart Tool.

Has anyone fixed the problem with the language problem`?

I often get answer from customers, who did not speak German, so I have to send the email again, but before this I have to switch the default Admin-Language to English.

That's not pretty fine. So is there a fix??? It would be nice, if it would send automaticly both textes in German and English or that I choose the language before sending!!!

I'm using the Version 2.0 of the Recover Cart Tool.

Has anyone fixed the problem with the language problem`?

I often get answer from customers, who did not speak German, so I have to send the email again, but before this I have to switch the default Admin-Language to English.

That's not pretty fine. So is there a fix??? It would be nice, if it would send automaticly both textes in German and English or that I choose the language before sending!!!

I have not looked into this. Had to get a real job and haven't had time to work on the store at all since :(

• 3 weeks later...
I haven't send any e-mail yet because I don't see any cart.

I did write the name of the table in the application_top.php.

I checked the customer cart table and there are carts (but no final price) and date.

My shop is MS2. Only polish languge and the date format is changed to d m Y. Maybe that's the problem?

Kind regards,

Raul

I am having the same problem and I add as suggested the define statement in application_top.php still no records. BTW what does MS1 and MS2 refer to again?

I am having the same problem and I add as suggested the define statement in application_top.php still no records. BTW what does MS1 and MS2 refer to again?

I am not sure of your exact error from this post, but do realize that you will not see any carts in the report section until you run the tool. This error usually results in a page that says "0 carts" or similar.

If you are running the tool and not seeing any abandoned carts it could be that you a) don't have any, B) your days back value needs to be increased, or c) you need to adjust your parameters in RCS configuration admin.

I am not sure of your exact error from this post, but do realize that you will not see any carts in the report section until you run the tool. This error usually results in a page that says "0 carts" or similar.

If you are running the tool and not seeing any abandoned carts it could be that you a) don't have any, B) your days back value needs to be increased, or c) you need to adjust your parameters in RCS configuration admin.

What does run the tool mean?

Strange that I would need to adjust my parameters.

Any way these are my parameters

Value Action

Look back days 30

Sales Results Report days 90

E-Mail time to live 90

Friendly E-Mails true

E-Mail Copies to

Show Attributes false

Ignore Customers with Sessions false

Current Customer Color 0000FF

Uncontacted hilight color 9FFF9F

Contacted hilight color FF9F9F

Matching Order Hilight 9FFFFF

Skip Carts w/Matched Orders true

Autocheck "safe" carts to email true

Match orders from any date true

Lowest Pending sales status Pending

Report Even Row Style dataTableRow

Report Odd Row Style

I know for sure that I have lots of abandoned carts.

Anything on this issue yet? I've created a tmp directory in my root folder, one in my public_html folder and one in my /pubic_html/store/ folder to cover all possible locations, and I chmodded each of them 777. I'm still having the problem.

Under Configuration > Cache it says:

Use Cache true

Cache Directory /home/sangui81/public_html/tmp/

Under Configuration > Sessions it says:

Session Directory /tmp

Under Tools > Cache Control it says:

Cache Directory: /home/sangui81/public_html/tmp/

Under Tools > Recover Cart Sales it says:

Warning: opendir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 32095 is not allowed to access /tmp owned by uid 0 in /home/sangui81/public_html/store/admin/recover_cart_sales.php on line 108

Hey, the problem here is that the tmp directory is set as /tmp but you have probably created the temp directory actually at /home/myusername~/public_html/tmp

So you need to put the FULL filesystem path in as the temp directory into your oscommerce setup. Otherwise it tries to use the directory in unix as /root/tmp which, if you are on a shared server then you will not have access to it.

Cheers,

Chris :)

What does run the tool mean?

Acutally using RCS is, at it's basics, a very simple four step process that goes like this:

1. Run the Tool, which if installed via the directions in this document, will be located under the Tools tab of your admin area and be called "Recover Cart Sales"

2. In the list of abandoned carts that are displayed, select which customers you wish to contact

3. Click on the "Send E-mail" button at the bottom of the page to send your emails

4. Run the Report, which if installed via the directions in this document, will be located under the Reports tab of your admin area nd be called "Recover Sales Results"

At long last, an update :D

Click here to grab v2.20 of the RCS contribution. I tried to incorporate all of the great suggestions since the 2.11 release in this update, but a few I just didn't have time for. Of course don't let that stop you from re-requesting an old feature request or suggesting a new one.

v2.20 changelog follows:

# Added ability to include taxes in pricing, either based on trying to calculate the tax rate or by using a fixed tax rate.

# Added step by step usage guide in "How to use" section so hopefully more people will understand the need to run the tool before using the report

# Added ability to set the # of days to skip in searching for carts (ie, can now say "Show carts abandoned between 5 and 15 days ago")

# Fixed emails to be sent using the configured "EMail From" address instead of the store owner's address

# Expanded on a few of the tips on usage technique, fix some grammer errors

# Updated FAQ section on needing to run tool to include where tool is located.

# Updated FAQ section with info on sessions and /tmp directory, permissions, etc.

# Updated install documentation to use stock osC code for step 9 to prevent run-time errors if the code is copied/pasted against instructions.

Enjoy!

Acutally using RCS is, at it's basics, a very simple four step process that goes like this:

1. Run the Tool, which if installed via the directions in this document, will be located under the Tools tab of your admin area and be called "Recover Cart Sales"

2. In the list of abandoned carts that are displayed, select which customers you wish to contact

3. Click on the "Send E-mail" button at the bottom of the page to send your emails

4. Run the Report, which if installed via the directions in this document, will be located under the Reports tab of your admin area nd be called "Recover Sales Results"

Well that is strange this doesn't seem to be able to recover any lost carts. It doesn't seem to work at all. I have run the tool (don't know why this is made to sound so vague). Still no carts showing up. I am running this in the SSL side of my site. Any chance that this could impact. This little module doesn't seem to function all that well. Perhaps I should just try to log in as the customer. Can any one tell me how I can recover their user name and password?

To the creators and support team!!! ?RecoverCartSales? is the best of the best!!! Brilliant!!!

Rich

This would be a great contribution if it worked. I still have no data getting to my scart table. I still don't know what MS1 and MS2 mean.

Rich

"Best of the Best" I guess if I could get this to work I might share in this. As it is I am getting no data into my tabel. I have tried to delte and rerun the SQl code. I get this error message. i don't know if it is significant "sql execution error # 1062 from the databse duplicate entry "6501" for key 1. This seems to create the scart. I use MYSQL-front to work with sql. I have tried to import from the file RCS install.

This is just a basic table isn't it? what should I see in the table?

I can't speak for Lane, but for me (the creator)... Thank you.

I can't speak for Lane, but for me (the creator)... Thank you.

My gut feeling is that the "tool" is looking in the wrong place. I must have some other directory with the tmp files I need to populate the table. Below is the code in the step by step instructions. I note it has NONSSL. AS I mentioned earlier this installed in an SSL directory.

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_RECOVER_CART_SALES, '', 'NONSSL')

How or where does this module look for records? where is this defined?

Well, dang it, I just realized I uploaded an old version of the archive to the server which has a broken tax calculation in it. A new archive has been uploaded (v2.22):

# Fix upload of wrong recover_cart_sales.php file (had broken tax calculations!)

# Updated code and instructions so that fixed rate value is stored in same manner as tax rates for consistency

Sorry about that guys! Glad I caught the mismatched tax rate storage so I could get this fix up quick :blush:

PS: I also thank you for thinking that this is a great contribution. As always, the real thanks goes to JM! :thumbsup:

"Best of the Best" I guess if I could get this to work I might share in this. As it is I am getting no data into my tabel. I have tried to delte and rerun the SQl code. I get this error message. i don't know if it is significant "sql execution error # 1062 from the databse duplicate entry "6501" for key 1. This seems to create the scart. I use MYSQL-front to work with sql. I have tried to import from the file RCS install.

This is just a basic table isn't it? what should I see in the table?

As stated in the instructions and previously in this forum, the SCART table is only filled in when you actually send out emails to customers via the RCS tool.

You say you get an SQL error, but don't say when, how or why so I can't help much, but my guess is that you are trying to re-add the configuration DB entries and they already exist.

My gut feeling is that the "tool" is looking in the wrong place. I must have some other directory with the tmp files I need to populate the table. Below is the code in the step by step instructions. I note it has NONSSL. AS I mentioned earlier this installed in an SSL directory.

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_RECOVER_CART_SALES, '', 'NONSSL')

How or where does this module look for records? where is this defined?

Are you saying that when you click on the "Recover Cart Sales" link in the admin tools tab that you do not go to the RCS tool itself? If not, what does happen?

The use of NONSSL is due to following the example of the default osC entries; if you are using SSL then change that to SSL, easy "fix", although that will not actually break anything :)

This contribution looks for records in your osC database, in things like TABLE_CUSTOMERS and TABLE_ORDERS. The contribution does not modify any DB information unless you send emails via the RCS tool and then it only adds or modifies the SCART table which is only used by RCS.

You will get no data unless you:

1. install RCS

2. run the tool

3. select a few customers to send emails to in the tool

4. click on the send email button with those selections made in the tool

When you do this the tool will show you who got emails, create the SCART entries, and be done. Of course, in order to select customers to send emails to they must have abandoned carts to be listed by the tool. When you run the tool what do you see on the screen?

Hundreds of people are using RCS w/o any difficulty.

Hello,

I've just installed the latest v2.22 of the contribution. When I go to my Tools/Recover Cart Sales, there is a Warning message at the top:

Warning: date(): Windows does not support dates prior to midnight (00:00:00), January 1, 1970 in .............\osCommerce\admin\recover_cart_sales.php on line 75

And here is what I have for days selection:

Show for last RCS_SKIP_DAYS - 30 days GO

Is this RCS_SKIP_DAYS suppose to be undefined or I'm missing some definitions here?

When I log in as a customer, place something in the cart and then just log out, there is nothing appearing in Tools/Recover Cart Sales. So, I don't think my Recover Cart Sales is working as it suppose to. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Irina.