• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recover Cart Sales

I just installed this great contribution and run it , and i was baffled by the sheer amount of unsold carts.

Our shop runs very good, but still it is great to find our why some customers never finish the transaction.

I have a question though.

I want to mail those with unsold carts, but it is a bit silly to mail customers who still have items in their cart from say 1 year or longer ago.

Does anyone know what sql commando i can do to clear all unsold carts longer than 6 months ago?

(I will than be able to mail all those customers with carts younger than 6 months and use the tool on a frequently base from now on)

Thanks in advance

Just a quick note for future readers: there are no instructions at the time of this writing to cover the issue being referred to here. The issue, not having access to the /tmp directory, is an issue not addressed in the instructions because access to the /tmp directory is assumed to be working since it is required for many other parts of the osC installation. There is a configuration section for the /tmp directory usage as part of the stock osC ms2 release.

When I get time I will add a FAQ section about this to the RCS instructions about this issue :)

I got the same result. The problem isn't that we didn't follow directions, but that the directions (for that step) were confusing and we INTERPRETED them wrong. I'm pretty intelligent and can follow directions, especially when I'm being very careful to do things right, and I was a bit confused by that step. Don't ask me what *I* ended up doing... :> But I can recopy the code from a backup and redo this step. *dumb smile* I'm sure if that doesn't work to fix things, I'll be back around to post again soon. :)

Yay me! I figured things out, finally. I did not have these defined in my admin/includes/configure.php file:

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://sanguinarius.org');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://sanguinarius.org');

*Sangi hops off to see what other problems she can run into* >;)~

This is the correct solution, one that I've seen pop up from time to time. This problem effects several other contributions as well. I'll try to remember to add this to the FAQ section of the install directions next time I update them.

I just installed this great contribution and run it , and i was baffled by the sheer amount of unsold carts.

Our shop runs very good, but still it is great to find our why some customers never finish the transaction.

I have a question though.

I want to mail those with unsold carts, but it is a bit silly to mail customers who still have items in their cart from say 1 year or longer ago.

Does anyone know what sql commando i can do to clear all unsold carts longer than 6 months ago?

(I will than be able to mail all those customers with carts younger than 6 months and use the tool on a frequently base from now on)

Thanks in advance

When you run the RCS tool, at the top right of the page is an entry box labelled "Show for last __ days" that indicates how many days the tool is looking "backward" in time. This value can be configured in the RCS configuration panel if you do not like the default value, or you can change the value on the page for a one-shot change.

So, if I were doing this I'd leave the default value, enter 180 in the Show for last days box and click the Go button. This will show you ~apx the last 6 months of abandoned carts.

Yes i already know that :-)

However i have abandoned carts dating back more than 2 years, so i would be busy for days by deleting them manually with the tool.

Therefore i would like to make a selection using phpmyadmin to delete those abandoned carts which are older than say 6 months.

But thanks anyway :thumbsup:

Yes i already know that :-)

However i have abandoned carts dating back more than 2 years, so i would be busy for days by deleting them manually with the tool.

Therefore i would like to make a selection using phpmyadmin to delete those abandoned carts which are older than say 6 months.

But thanks anyway :thumbsup:

Ooops! Heh, didn't "see" the sql part of your query. Unfortunately I am out of town without access to my admin areas at this time. If you still have not found a solution after Wed. of next week repost here and I'll figure out an answer for you.

Ooops! Heh, didn't "see" the sql part of your query. Unfortunately I am out of town without access to my admin areas at this time. If you still have not found a solution after Wed. of next week repost here and I'll figure out an answer for you.

Nevermind.. got it done...

Now...

I pasted all the database stuff to upgrade w/o paying a whole lot of attention and when I send out emails it send to the customer AND to [email protected]

Where in the db can I get rid of that?

I don't need an extra one sent.

Thanks...

Richard

in the recover_cart_sales.php file starting around line 156 find this

foreach ($custid as $cid) {
 $query1 = tep_db_query("select	cb.products_id pid,
								cb.customers_basket_quantity qty,
								cb.customers_basket_date_added bdate,
								cus.customers_firstname fname,
								cus.customers_lastname lname,
								cus.customers_email_address email
					  from	  " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_BASKET . " cb,
								" . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " cus
					  where	 cb.customers_id = cus.customers_id  and
								cus.customers_id = '".$cid."'
					  order by  cb.customers_basket_date_added desc ");

Replace with this

foreach ($custid as $cid) {
 $query1 = tep_db_query("select	cb.products_id pid,
								cb.customers_basket_quantity qty,
								cb.customers_basket_date_added bdate,
								cus.customers_firstname fname,
								cus.customers_lastname lname,
								cus.customers_email_address email,
								ad.entry_company company
					  from	  " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_BASKET . " cb,
								" . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " ad,
								" . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " cus
					  where	 cb.customers_id = cus.customers_id  and
								cus.customers_id = '".$cid."'
					  order by  cb.customers_basket_date_added desc ");

Then around line 189 find:

$cline = "<tr> <td class='dataTableContent' align='left' colspan='6' nowrap><a href='" . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CUSTOMERS, 'search=' . $inrec['lname'], 'NONSSL') . "'>" . $inrec['fname'] . " " . $inrec['lname'] . "</a>".$customer."</td></tr>";

Replace with this:

$cline = "<tr> <td class='dataTableContent' align='left' colspan='6' nowrap><a href='" . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CUSTOMERS, 'search=' . $inrec['lname'], 'NONSSL') . "'>" . $inrec['company'] . "</a>".$customer."</td></tr>";

This should work but has not been tested. This also will not show the Company name in the stats. All you have to do is apply the same type of changes as the above to get that in the Stats file if that's also required.

Hope this helps.

John

Hi Gob,

I have tried your suggestion above but I can still only see the customers name not the company name shown on the list. I have re-installed and re-added the above still with no luck.

Would you have any other suggestions..

Cheers

Richard :(

The solution is never too far away ...

I pasted all the database stuff to upgrade w/o paying a whole lot of attention and when I send out emails it send to the customer AND to [email protected]

Where in the db can I get rid of that?

I don't need an extra one sent.

Thanks...

Actually, the problem is that the RCS_EMAIL_COPIES_TO db field has not been set (doesn't exist). This field is part of the configuration db table, and once in the table you can use the RCS area of the configuration admin section to set it up (leave empty to ignore).

Actually, the problem is that the RCS_EMAIL_COPIES_TO db field has not been set (doesn't exist). This field is part of the configuration db table, and once in the table you can use the RCS area of the configuration admin section to set it up (leave empty to ignore).

How do I get that field into the db?

Lane, you sicko! This contribution is awesome.

A quickie:

How do I change the from email address in emails sent to customers from the store's main email address (which is my bosses email address) to the "email from" address (which is mine)?

Thanks!

Stew

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Lane, you sicko! This contribution is awesome.

A quickie:

How do I change the from email address in emails sent to customers from the store's main email address (which is my bosses email address) to the "email from" address (which is mine)?

Thanks!

Stew

Got it:

tep_mail('', $outEmailAddr, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email, STORE_OWNER, EMAIL_FROM);

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

How do I get that field into the db?

It's part of the installation instructions. Most likely a step was either skipped, or mistyped or had a bad copy/paste for the SQL operation.

Got it:

tep_mail('', $outEmailAddr, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email, STORE_OWNER, EMAIL_FROM);

heh, you named me :)

I'm thinking this should be the way the contribution works anyway, it makes more sense to use the EMAIL_FROM in this case.

Opinions?

It's part of the installation instructions. Most likely a step was either skipped, or mistyped or had a bad copy/paste for the SQL operation.

heh, you named me :)

I'm thinking this should be the way the contribution works anyway, it makes more sense to use the EMAIL_FROM in this case.

Opinions?

Well, you know how I feel. :)

That is what EMAIL_FROM is for.

Hello lane, well i'm sorry but still haven't figured it out yet.

i have been busy deleting them manually from the admin side, but it takes ages to load the complete page again when you set the date , say to 500 days, and then when you delete one......well waiting ages again.

My result now, is that i have become a coffe addict because of all the waiting :-" and have only deleted a couple of dozen , and i have hundres more to go, so i have stopped doing it this way, since it is crazy to continue like this.

I guess i have to ask you (or anyone) friendly to give me my proposed sql querie option for the main cleaning part after which i can use you contribution on a regular base (say every 30 days or so)

Please help as i am going :blink:

Thanks ( i really love the contrib but can;t make use of it as yet and reaally want it bad :rolleyes: )

PS, would it be an idea to be able to make a choice to skip carts which have been place for a certain couple of days (for instane 30 days) so that the tool would select abandoned carts dating back lobger thatn 30 days.

I ask this because my customers place stuff in their carts and wait x amount of days for new items (which come in daily) .Then aftre say 24 days they decide to purchase their cart.

It is a bit silly to mail those who only have their carts filled in the last 2 days . Would appear to me (if i was a customer) that i was a bit pushy.

Honestly, I'm even more confounded about your problem now; what you listed above are not URL's ... they might be considered file paths, however I've never heard of "outbind" before. A URL looks like this:

http://www.domain.com/directory/filename.php

So, if you are not getting a URL like that in your emails then your configure.php file is incorrect. The most likely cause is incorrelty setting up these:

?define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.ifd.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
?define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.ifd.com'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

Notice how the comments say to use http or https.

Thank you so much! I've modified configure.php. It had http_catalog_server and https_catalog_server empty, put the path in it and now it works. Thank you so very much!!!

I guess i have to ask you (or anyone) friendly to give me my proposed sql querie option for the main cleaning part after which i can use you contribution on a regular base (say every 30 days or so)

I'm not an SQL guy, so I'm afraid I can't be of much help on this one. (I can copy/paste/modify with the best, but creating a new SQL query is not something I feel comfortable doing for anyone else yet as it could lead to catastrophic data loss or worse.)

PS, would it be an idea to be able to make a choice to skip carts which have been place for a certain couple of days (for instane 30 days) so that the tool would select abandoned carts dating back lobger thatn 30 days.

I ask this because my customers place stuff in their carts and wait x amount of days for new items (which come in daily) .Then aftre say 24 days they decide to purchase their cart.

It is a bit silly to mail those who only have their carts filled in the last 2 days . Would appear to me (if i was a customer) that i was a bit pushy.

This is a good idea; I currently do this manually by unselecting any carts that are not over 7 days old. On a busy shop that doesn't want carts yonger than 30 days that's probably unrealistic, so this would be helpful.

I'm swamped with a deadline at work (brought in to try and get out a xmas title that's behind schedule) so I won't be able to look at this until next year. :(

I would also like the ability to delete say anything over 30 days old if anyone knows how to go about doing it. Doing it manually is terribly time consuming.

Hello lane, well i'm sorry but still haven't figured it out yet.

i have been busy deleting them manually from the admin side, but it takes ages to load the complete page again when you set the date , say to 500 days, and then when you delete one......well waiting ages again.

My result now, is that i have become a coffe addict because of all the waiting :-" and have only deleted a couple of dozen , and i have hundres more to go, so i have stopped doing it this way, since it is crazy to continue like this.

Please help as i am going :blink:

Thanks ( i really love the contrib but can;t make use of it as yet and reaally want it bad :rolleyes: )

A really easy install for this contri... great!

But.. I thougt it only was for remind customer that has made an order but not had payed.

How should I set the settings for this kind of use? I want to ONLY send reminders to customers who has a pending order and where the pending order is more than 30 days old.

Is this possible? And then how?

Best regards

Anders

[Excuse for my bad english]

I have been runing this for some time and something very strange has occrued. I got reciept of payment for an order, but never received the order. So I checked my recover cart area in admin and there it was! How can I move the order to the orders section and out of the recover cart area? Thanks!

A really easy install for this contri... great!

But.. I thougt it only was for remind customer that has made an order but not had payed.

How should I set the settings for this kind of use? I want to ONLY send reminders to customers who has a pending order and where the pending order is more than 30 days old.

Is this possible? And then how?

I don't quite follow... this contribution is to remind customers that have "made an order" but not paid. You can set how far back the program looks, and the list ordered by date. To start 30 days back, I'd say set the "back in time" value to 60-90 and then page through the results till you get to 30 days. (Might be good to turn off auto selection when doing this).

lane

"not an order" means a customer has put items in their basket and gotten through the checkout process far enough to have created an account (otherwise you have no way to contact them).

I have been runing this for some time and something very strange has occrued. I got reciept of payment for an order, but never received the order. So I checked my recover cart area in admin and there it was! How can I move the order to the orders section and out of the recover cart area? Thanks!

I don't know how you would move it over. What usually causes this is the receipt for payment never being received by the cart. (ie, get payment receipt from processor but not osC).