• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recover Cart Sales

Where are you looking for them, i have it working perfectly with Master products, sts, pwa, and a few others, its fantastic and has recovered numerous sales...

Basically when a person process an order and they dont complete (i.e process the payment using a card) then the cart gets stored with their name and email, you can then send them an automated email asking why they didnt purchase.

It gives you a chance of recovering a sale you lost, (sometimes because of something daft like, not understanding shipping, terms, etc).

maybe i should re-install and try again.

Hi,

Guess no one has the same error as mine. So far no response. Still can't figure out why when I click to send email, it does not show the customer is contacted and no email was sent out. I remember it was working initially when I added this MOD. However, as more MODs are added, I did not try the email portion again until recently I saw customer with outstanding cart items and decided to sent them email. That's when I notice this problem. Hope someone can help.

Hi guys, need some help. The MOD works in some sense but the email notification don't seems to work for my case. When I am at the admin page under the tools section. I saw that there is outstanding cart items. So, I check the box next to the user and click send email. When I check the email, no such email was sent or received. Can someone pls advise what to check out for that might cause this problem? My website is http://www.blueseatackle.com

Thanks and regards.

If emails are not being sent than you have a problem with the PHP to smtp portion of your server. There's nothing that this mod can do about that. The easiest way to diagnose this is to send an email to yourself (ie, you have to create an account in the store, put an item in your basket and start but not finish the checkout). If you don't get the email within 5 minutes start checking your log files (access-log, error-log, php.log, etc.).

Hi, I need a mod that does what this mod promises, but I installed this and it didn't seem to live up to expectations.

I could not see if I had any abandoned carts or anything similar.

Any ideas?

First, make sure you read/follow the install file directions. After install the first thing you do is go to 'Tools' section of the admin. There the "Recover Cart Sales" option will show any abandoned carts within x days. The 'Report' portion of RCS only shows recovered sales.

Hundreds of sites have this mod working :)

I don't realy understand what this contrib does please give me and example and explain a little thanks.

As cymonguk stated, this mod is used to entice customers who started a purchase but did not finish back to the site to finish the order. It's worded in a way that makes this non-offensive by asking them for feedback about the site. I have gotten many recovered sales as well as numerous helpful suggestions about the checkout process.

Example:

A customer visits your site, places an item in their shopping cart and begins the checkout process, getting far enough to create an account (or at least give their email address). Then for some reason the customer aborts the purchase. Perhaps they don't understand a part of the process, their connection dropped, etc.

You then go to tools area and run RCS which will display that order (and probably others). After checking the customers to contact, click the send email button. Done!

The report section will allow you to see how well RCS is doing for you by showing the sales recovered and giving a % based on abandoned carts.

If emails are not being sent than you have a problem with the PHP to smtp portion of your server. There's nothing that this mod can do about that. The easiest way to diagnose this is to send an email to yourself (ie, you have to create an account in the store, put an item in your basket and start but not finish the checkout). If you don't get the email within 5 minutes start checking your log files (access-log, error-log, php.log, etc.).

Thanks for the advise. I was testing with my trial account all the while. The email sending portion from the website for eg. newsletter or to send email to customer was alright. Except the recover cart sale MOD. Anyone can suggest what could be the possible problem? Check also the log from the mailserver but found no mail sent from my website. Strange :(

Thanks for the advise. I was testing with my trial account all the while. The email sending portion from the website for eg. newsletter or to send email to customer was alright. Except the recover cart sale MOD. Anyone can suggest what could be the possible problem? Check also the log from the mailserver but found no mail sent from my website. Strange :(

This mod uses the osC email functionality that those mods do, so I can't see why they would work and it wouldn't.

Check the webserver and php logs, they will have any problem reports. (You may have to check both the access and error logs).

First, make sure you read/follow the install file directions. After install the first thing you do is go to 'Tools' section of the admin. There the "Recover Cart Sales" option will show any abandoned carts within x days. The 'Report' portion of RCS only shows recovered sales.

Hundreds of sites have this mod working :)

Hi Lane.

That's where my problems began, I had no recorded abandoned carts. I even did a dummy purchase myself and went all the way through the checkout upto the payment page then abandoned it, yet still nothing showed up.

I am going to have another go at installing it soon.

I've been tied up with installing and setting up a forum for my customers otherwise I would have already attempted it again.

I'm getting a mysql error

SQL query:

CREATE TABLE `scart` (
`scartid` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT UNIQUE ,
`customers_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL UNIQUE ,
`dateadded` VARCHAR( 8 ) NOT NULL ,
`datemodified` VARCHAR( 8 ) NOT NULL ,
PRIMARY KEY ( `scartid` )
)

MySQL said: Documentation
#1050 - Table 'scart' already exists

Any ideas?

I restored my old mysql database from before my last installation so it shouldn't still exist.

I have successfully added the rest of the sql query.

Here is what I inserted into my database:

INSERT INTO `configuration_group` ( `configuration_group_id` , `configuration_group_title` , `configuration_group_description` , `sort_order` , `visible` )
  VALUES ('6501', 'Recover Cart Sales', 'Recover Cart Sales (RCS) Configuration Values', '15', '1');
INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` )
  VALUES ('', 'Look back days', 'RCS_BASE_DAYS', '30', "Number of days to look back from today for abandoned cards.", 6501, 10, NULL, NOW(), '', '');
INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` )
  VALUES ('', 'Sales Results Report days', 'RCS_REPORT_DAYS', '90', "Number of days the sales results report takes into account. The more days the longer the SQL queries!.", 6501, 15, NULL, NOW(), '', '');
  VALUES ('', 'E-Mail time to live', 'RCS_EMAIL_TTL', '90', "Number of days to give for emails before they no longer show as being sent", 6501, 20, NULL, NOW(), '', '');
  VALUES ('', 'Friendly E-Mails', 'RCS_EMAIL_FRIENDLY', 'true', "If <b>true</b> then the customer's name will be used in the greeting. If <b>false</b> then a generic greeting will be used.", 6501, 30, NULL, NOW(), '', "tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),");
  VALUES ('', 'E-Mail Copies to', 'RCS_EMAIL_COPIES_TO', '', "If you want copies of emails that are sent to customers by this contribution, enter the email address here. If empty no copies are sent", 6501, 35, NULL, NOW(), '', '');
  VALUES ('', 'Show Attributes', 'RCS_SHOW_ATTRIBUTES', 'false', "Controls display of item attributes.<br><br>Some sites have attributes for their items.<br><br>Set this to <b>true</b> if yours does and you want to show them, otherwise set to <b>false</b>.", 6501, 40, NULL, NOW(), '', "tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),");
  VALUES ('', 'Ignore Customers with Sessions', 'RCS_CHECK_SESSIONS', 'false', "If you want the tool to ignore customers with an active session (ie, probably still shopping) set this to <b>true</b>.<br><br>Setting this to <b>false</b> will operate in the default manner of ignoring session data & using less resources.", 6501, 40, NULL, NOW(), '', "tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),");
  VALUES ('', 'Current Customer Color', 'RCS_CURCUST_COLOR', '0000FF', "Color for the word/phrase used to notate a current customer<br><br>A current customer is someone who has purchased items from your store in the past.", 6501, 50, NULL, NOW(), '', '');
  VALUES ('', 'Uncontacted hilight color', 'RCS_UNCONTACTED_COLOR', '9FFF9F', "Row highlight color for uncontacted customers.<br><br>An uncontacted customer is one that you have <i>not</i> used this tool to send an email to before.", 6501, 60, NULL, NOW(), '', '');
  VALUES ('', 'Contacted hilight color', 'RCS_CONTACTED_COLOR', 'FF9F9F', "Row highlight color for contacted customers.<br><br>An contacted customer is one that you <i>have</i> used this tool to send an email to before.", 6501, 70, NULL, NOW(), '', '');
  VALUES ('', 'Matching Order Hilight', 'RCS_MATCHED_ORDER_COLOR', '9FFFFF', "Row highlight color for entrees that may have a matching order.<br><br>An entry will be marked with this color if an order contains one or more of an item in the abandoned cart <b>and</b> matches either the cart's customer email address or database ID.", 6501, 72, NULL, NOW(), '', '');
  VALUES ('', 'Skip Carts w/Matched Orders', 'RCS_SKIP_MATCHED_CARTS', 'true', "To ignore carts with an a matching order set this to <b>true</b>.<br><br>Setting this to <b>false</b> will cause entries with a matching order to show, along with the matching order's status.<br><br>See documentation for details.", 6501, 80, NULL, NOW(), '', "tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),");
  VALUES ('', 'Autocheck "safe" carts to email', 'RCS_AUTO_CHECK', 'true', "To check entries which are most likely safe to email (ie, not existing customers, not previously emailed, etc.) set this to <b>true</b>.<br><br>Setting this to <b>false</b> will leave all entries unchecked (must manually check entries to send an email to).", 6501, 82, NULL, NOW(), '', "tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),");
  VALUES ('', "Match orders from any date", 'RCS_CARTS_MATCH_ALL_DATES', 'true', "If <b>true</b> then any order found with a matching item will be considered a matched order.<br><br>If <b>false</b> only orders placed after the abandoned cart are considered.", 6501, 84, NULL, NOW(), '', "tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),");
  VALUES ('', "Lowest Pending sales status", 'RCS_PENDING_SALE_STATUS', '1', "The highest value that an order can have and still be considered pending. Any value higher than this will be considered by RCS as sale which completed.<br><br>See documentation for details.", 6501, 85, NULL, NOW(), 'tep_get_order_status_name', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_order_statuses(');
  VALUES ('', 'Report Even Row Style', 'RCS_REPORT_EVEN_STYLE', 'dataTableRow', "Style for even rows in results report. Typical options are <i>dataTableRow</i> and <i>attributes-even</i>.", 6501, 90, NULL, NOW(), '', '');
  VALUES ('', 'Report Odd Row Style', 'RCS_REPORT_ODD_STYLE', '', "Style for odd rows in results report. Typical options are NULL (ie, no entry) and <i>attributes-odd</i>.", 6501, 92, NULL, NOW(), '', '');

I missed out the 1st line

CREATE TABLE `scart` (
  `scartid` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT UNIQUE, `customers_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL UNIQUE, `dateadded` VARCHAR( 8 ) NOT NULL, `datemodified` VARCHAR( 8 ) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY ( `scartid` ));

As mysql was stating that the table already exists.

Is this ok to now continue or have I made an error?

Thanks, Lee.

Hi guys,

I still can't figure out why I can't use the email notification feature. I notice the email notification feature failed only after I installed the MOD to enable register_global in php.ini file. Could that be the reason? I would appreciate any advise for this.

Hi guys,

I still can't figure out why I can't use the email notification feature. I notice the email notification feature failed only after I installed the MOD to enable register_global in php.ini file. Could that be the reason? I would appreciate any advise for this.

Hi guys,

I monitor closely on the scart table of my database and notice that it does not get updated eventhough I deleted/added an unfinish cart. Could that be part of the reason why my email does not work? The strange thing is that under the tools-> Recover Cart Sales, I manage to see the unfinished cart items. But I do not see the items under the scart table?? Can anyone advise?

I Guys/Gals etc.

I have just update this mod to the latest version and all works great without a hitch.

Great work espeically Lane Roathe, thank you heaps.

I have one question /seggestion I would like to make.

With the option to set to also send me a copy of the email/s sent I note that they are just adding the extra email address to the primary recipient.

I really think this should be setup as a BCC or an extra email send too, seperately.

I am not really capabable of doing this but Lane if it's up your alley I would appreciate this alteration very much, if you have the time etc.

I know that majority of the email scripts in oscommerce do this and I could possibly hack it but I know it would take me 10 times longer than some one that knows what there doing. So there is no intended pressure if you can't or are bit short time etc, I will do it myself later.

Cheers

John

Hi guys,

I monitor closely on the scart table of my database and notice that it does not get updated eventhough I deleted/added an unfinish cart. Could that be part of the reason why my email does not work? The strange thing is that under the tools-> Recover Cart Sales, I manage to see the unfinished cart items. But I do not see the items under the scart table?? Can anyone advise?

The scart table is only filled in when the recover cart sales tool is used. Ie, it is not filled in when by an unfinished cart. The scart table is used to denote that an unfinished cart has been contacted by the recover cart sales tool.

I have one question /seggestion I would like to make. With the option to set to also send me a copy of the email/s sent I note that they are just adding the extra email address to the primary recipient.

I really think this should be setup as a BCC or an extra email send too, seperately.

I am not really capabable of doing this but Lane if it's up your alley I would appreciate this alteration very much, if you have the time etc.

I know that majority of the email scripts in oscommerce do this and I could possibly hack it but I know it would take me 10 times longer than some one that knows what there doing. So there is no intended pressure if you can't or are bit short time etc, I will do it myself later.

I'll check into this when I can, as it is a good idea.

I have Just installed this contrib. However, when I run the contrib from the tools menu I get the following message at the top of the report and no data:-

1054 - Unknown column 'customers_group_id' in 'field list'

select customers_group_id from customers where customers_id = ''

[TEP STOP]

Can anyone help with this please.

I have Just installed this contrib. However, when I run the contrib from the tools menu I get the following message at the top of the report and no data:-

1054 - Unknown column 'customers_group_id' in 'field list'

select customers_group_id from customers where customers_id = ''

[TEP STOP]

Can anyone help with this please.

I know this will sound harsh, but please read the installation directions, in particular step 9.

Due to a problem in the way osC files are layed out, you have to copy a function from your catalog section to the admin section (specifically in that functions.php file).

As stated in the install directions, you can not copy the code listed in Step 9.

Just copy/paste from your catalog's code as described and your problem will be fixed.

I am going crazy and hope someone can help.

I finally understood the directions about COPYING the code from one general file to the next (this should be explained a little better in the file I think, you only understand it all once you get to the bottom of te step. In the beginning it kept looking like two steps so I kept trying to complete the first part before moving to the second part (just to later find after literally an hour or more that it was all one step).

Now that I (think) I have it installed correctly (actually an upgrade from 1.50) I am not seeing abandoned carts. I added something to my cart, logged in, and closed the browser. I have done this 2 or 3 times but nothing comes up in the recover carts screen.

What could I have done wrong?

Also, I kept getting errors when updating the database with the several upgrade updates. So I deleted the entire table and ran the new install sql file. THEN I realized that I had duplicate entries in the configuration table to I sorted the table by the configuration_key and deleted all duplicate RCS_ entries with the earliest configuration_id (assumed that was the oldest ones).

Let me know if anyone has any ideas on what I could have done wrong.

Thanks so much in advance!

One other thing ...

I did figure out what the instructions meant for copying the code from the normal general file to the admin one but when I copied and saved it the admin stopped working. I remove the code and it works again.

What am I doing wrong?

(By the way I assumed that this didnt affect the contrib working but only made the prices correct so I skipped it earlier. Would it have to do with the abandoned carts not showing?)

Thanks so much for the help.

Craig

Ok ...

I kept playing with this while waiting for a reply and figured out that the code I was copying from the general.php file to the admin/general.php file was missing a }. I do not understand this though unless the code from the normal general file was in a larger function or something, does this make any sense? I dont want to screw it up.

Also, once I added the ending } not only did the admin came back to life but I get data when clicking recover carts now. (yay, I think). Let me first say that I assumed all the talk about "special pricing" meant if you setup a "special" for an item recover carts would grab that price instead of the normal price, which makes sense. However, the items showing in my recover carts screen are normally priced, not special priced. Is there something I missed or did I interpret the purpose wrong or what?

Also, I did a lot of starting over while installing this Mod. If you remember, I started with V1.50 and eventually dropped the scart table, ran the NEW install sql file, had to remove duplicate entries from the configuration table, and then had problems with the general.php code which seem to now be resolved. So here I am and one thing I have noticed (other than the issues above) is that I have a link to recover carts both under customers/orders and also in tools. They go to the same place though. Is this correct or something residual from the old version/something I messed up with the sql install?

I appreciate any help.

Craig

Ok guys I found the report page, now things make more sense. I guess I just have an extra link in tools which I suppose I could delete or leave there.

Now all I really need know is what the deal is with the prices, if I did something wrong or what.

Thanks again for such a great contribution, I have been using 1.5 for a long time. : )

Ok ...

I kept playing with this while waiting for a reply and figured out that the code I was copying from the general.php file to the admin/general.php file was missing a }. I do not understand this though unless the code from the normal general file was in a larger function or something, does this make any sense? I dont want to screw it up.

Yes, this makes sense. I think I need to look at making this optional... this is an extremely easy mod to install if this step does not have to be done. Hmmm.....

Also, once I added the ending } not only did the admin came back to life but I get data when clicking recover carts now. (yay, I think). Let me first say that I assumed all the talk about "special pricing" meant if you setup a "special" for an item recover carts would grab that price instead of the normal price, which makes sense. However, the items showing in my recover carts screen are normally priced, not special priced. Is there something I missed or did I interpret the purpose wrong or what?

No, that's the correct purpose of that step. As for why your items show up priced normally instead of as a special I'm not sure, could be one of several things: a) items have no special price, B) copied the code incorrectly, c) code in catalog is incorrect, d) problem with db, .... etc.

Also, I did a lot of starting over while installing this Mod. If you remember, I started with V1.50 and eventually dropped the scart table, ran the NEW install sql file, had to remove duplicate entries from the configuration table, and then had problems with the general.php code which seem to now be resolved. So here I am and one thing I have noticed (other than the issues above) is that I have a link to recover carts both under customers/orders and also in tools. They go to the same place though. Is this correct or something residual from the old version/something I messed up with the sql install?

This is a problem with your install process; you copied the link in the column_left.php file to two places.