• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recover Cart Sales

Hi! I love it! I love it! I love it! But I guess I did something wrong, because the links in the email the customer gets (login, product info, site url) don't work. I mean they work, but "The page cannot be displayed". What am I missing? I hope you can help me...Thanks a lot!

Well... it's probably a configuration issue in your configure.php file ... but we really can't tell unless you provide us with more information. (ie, like one of the URL's that doesn't work)

:)

Hi, This is such a great contrib!!  I sent out my first emails today.  3 out of 4 people got the email just fine, however, an AOL user received a blank email.  The subject was correct, but the email itself was totally blank.  Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks!

Could it be that AOL doesn't like the HTML email setting; toggle it. Other than that, no idea.

Hi, when I set Ignore Customers with Sessions is true, I get error in Tools -> Recover Cart Sales

Warning: fopen(/tmp/lost+found): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/allcompi/public_html/shop/power/recover_cart_sales.php on line 115

Warning: fopen(/tmp/mysql.sock): failed to open stream: No such device or address in /home/allcompi/public_html/shop/power/recover_cart_sales.php on line 115

Warning: fopen(/tmp/tmp): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/allcompi/public_html/shop/power/recover_cart_sales.php on line 115

Warning: fopen(/tmp/sess_5b334dd3674977fc0a6bbd433bfb75c1): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/allcompi/public_html/shop/power/recover_cart_sales.php on line 115

And a lot of messages similar to the above.

Hi, when I set Ignore Customers with Sessions is true, I get error in Tools -> Recover Cart Sales

Warning: fopen(/tmp/lost+found): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/allcompi/public_html/shop/power/recover_cart_sales.php on line 115

Warning: fopen(/tmp/mysql.sock): failed to open stream: No such device or address in /home/allcompi/public_html/shop/power/recover_cart_sales.php on line 115

Warning: fopen(/tmp/sess_5b334dd3674977fc0a6bbd433bfb75c1): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/allcompi/public_html/shop/power/recover_cart_sales.php on line 115

And a lot of messages similar to the above.

This shows two issues:

1. Your sessions are stored in a directory with many other items; they really should be stored in their own directory.

2. You do not have permission to access any files in the folder being used for sessions.

The solution is to go into your store's configuration and change the directory used to store sessions to one which you do have permission to access.

Or, just leave the Ignore option off; it's really only meant for very busy sites (ie, you have several hundred people active at a time). Otherwise the chances of sending an email to an active customer are slim.

Well... it's probably a configuration issue in your configure.php file ... but we really can't tell unless you provide us with more information. (ie, like one of the URL's that doesn't work)

:)

Well, for example, in the email I have: /muccelmic/login.php and it goes here:

outbind://3-00000000F92AC28718C933449E71EC97348A2A1784012000/muccelmic/login.php

I guess I 'd have to go somewhere and change the path or something...

Then:

/muccelmic/product_info.php?products_id=4 and goes to outbind://3-00000000F92AC28718C933449E71EC97348A2A1784012000/muccelmic/product_info.php?products_id=4

and

/muccelmic/ to

outbind://3-00000000F92AC28718C933449E71EC97348A2A1784012000/muccelmic/

Lane,

thank you for such a GREAT contribution! It is exactly what I've been looking for. Everybody who's using PayPal and has to send payment reminders knows what kind of time consuming hassle it is. Installation was dead easy, great documentation too.

The only thing that I wasn't able to figure out yet is how to efficiently handle Unfinished (Preparing [PayPal IPN]) orders. I'm using the "official or most stable" IPN module

If I set "Lowest pending sales status" in admin to

Received - it will only list abandoned carts in Recover Cart Sales

Default - Received in my case - same as above

Preparing [PayPal IPN] - it lists all abandoned + all Preparing + all Processing

Assuming the logic above is correct, I could manually unselect all Processing orders and send emails to the rest. But it would still leave those "processing" orders / customers there for the next time, until they're despatched (maybe, I haven't tested this part yet). So my obvious question here is: is it possible to make some changes to display all unfinished - preparing PayPal orders + abandoned carts? I'm not sure if changing order status id would help.

Also including unpaid orders made with Cheque/Money Order is probably not possible because they have status Received? :rolleyes:

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

It doesn't allow me to edit post, so I have to add one more:

with regards to "Lowest pending sales status" set to:

Preparing [PayPal IPN] - it lists all abandoned + all Preparing + NOT all, only some Processing orders - I have total of 10 Processing orders ATM but only 2 are listed in Recover Cart Sales.

So the logic there is not as obvious as I thought. :(

Well, for example, in the email I have: /muccelmic/login.php and it goes here:

outbind://3-00000000F92AC28718C933449E71EC97348A2A1784012000/muccelmic/login.php

I guess I 'd have to go  somewhere and change the path or something...

Then:

/muccelmic/product_info.php?products_id=4 and goes to outbind://3-00000000F92AC28718C933449E71EC97348A2A1784012000/muccelmic/product_info.php?products_id=4

and

/muccelmic/      to

outbind://3-00000000F92AC28718C933449E71EC97348A2A1784012000/muccelmic/

Honestly, I'm even more confounded about your problem now; what you listed above are not URL's ... they might be considered file paths, however I've never heard of "outbind" before. A URL looks like this:

http://www.domain.com/directory/filename.php

So, if you are not getting a URL like that in your emails then your configure.php file is incorrect. The most likely cause is incorrelty setting up these:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.ifd.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.ifd.com'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

Notice how the comments say to use http or https.

Lane,

thank you for such a GREAT contribution! It is exactly what I've been looking for. Everybody who's using PayPal and has to send payment reminders knows what kind of time consuming hassle it is. Installation was dead easy, great documentation too.

The only thing that I wasn't able to figure out yet is how to efficiently handle Unfinished (Preparing [PayPal IPN]) orders. I'm using the "official or most stable" IPN module

If I set "Lowest pending sales status" in admin to

Received - it will only list abandoned carts in Recover Cart Sales

Default - Received in my case - same as above

Preparing [PayPal IPN] - it lists all abandoned + all Preparing + all Processing

Assuming the logic above is correct, I could manually unselect all Processing orders and send emails to the rest. But it would still leave those "processing" orders / customers there for the next time, until they're despatched (maybe, I haven't tested this part yet).

This is correct, they will stay "open" (ie, green).

So my obvious question here is: is it possible to make some changes to display all unfinished - preparing PayPal orders + abandoned carts? I'm not sure if changing order status id would help.

Are you wondering how to sort for these statuses? or....? Not clear.

Also including unpaid orders made with Cheque/Money Order is probably not possible because they have status Received?  :rolleyes:

That is correct, this is a bug in the cheque/money order payment module. Obviously the payment is not complete so the order's status should not be set to complete, but it is. One of these days I'll get around to fixing it properly, but in the meantime you could edit the php code to force the status to "pending" (or some such, even a custom status) for these orders.

with regards to "Lowest pending sales status" set to:

Preparing [PayPal IPN] - it lists all abandoned + all Preparing + NOT all, only some Processing orders - I have total of 10 Processing orders ATM but only 2 are listed in Recover Cart Sales.

So the logic there is not as obvious as I thought. sad.gif

The way the status check works is against a "fence" value; above is a complete order and below or equal is an incomplete order. There can also be some overlap, for instance some carts will show as abandoned no matter what the setting is because they may not have a status set.

Lane,

all seems to be working fine, I managed to get all Preparing PayPal IPN orders to appear in in Recover Cart Sales. These are my settings:

"Lowest pending sales status" - Preparing [PayPal IPN]

Order status

Pending

Received

Preparing [PayPal IPN]

Processing

Despatched

Cancelled

It doesn't matter if I set order status for cheque/money orders to Pending or Received, they will not appear in in Recover Cart Sales. Would you be able to tell what part of the cheque/money order payment module needs to be changed and how?

Also how difficult would it be to make it completely multilingual? ATM if you're running English admin, RCS will send emails in English to all customers despite the fact that they might have been browsing shop in German or Spanish. It is pity because it looks like all the translations have been already done which is not so common.

It doesn't matter if I set order status for cheque/money orders to Pending or Received, they will not appear in in Recover Cart Sales. Would you be able to tell what part of the cheque/money order payment module needs to be changed and how?

Also how difficult would it be to make it completely multilingual? ATM if you're running English admin, RCS will send emails in English to all customers despite the fact that they might have been browsing shop in German or Spanish. It is pity because it looks  like all the translations have been already done which is not so common.

Glad you got it working :)

I can check into the cheque/money order payment module, but it will be several weeks before I can get to it. The module must do something non-standard to the orders... I actually can't think of WHY they would not show up.

As for the multilingual part; the translations are many versions old (1.4 at best). And, as you state, they are only for display at the local console. I've not done anything where I needed to send multilingually before so I will have to investigate how this is done the osC way. Again, this will be a few weeks as I catch up with real work :)

Just installed this contribution in four of my shops. I must say GREAT WORK guys!!

This simply sets new standards in ease of implementation, brilliant documentation, and not least a very well designed program almost not interfering with standard OSC code.

:D :D :D :D

Mogens

This is possibly the most valuable tool available to a web site owner. Thank you ever so much for your work on it.

I have just installed your newest version and I am getting the following error when I run recover cart

Warning: opendir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 32040 is not allowed to access /tmp owned by uid 0 in /home/sweetd73/public_html/catalog/admin/recover_cart_sales.php on line 108

Warning: opendir(/tmp): failed to open dir: Success in /home/sweetd73/public_html/catalog/admin/recover_cart_sales.php on line 108

1054 - Unknown column 'customers_group_id' in 'field list'

select customers_group_id from customers where customers_id = ''

[TEP STOP]

I figure I must have forgotten to do something, or I did something only I did it wrong. I also figure you can look at this and say somthing like "This dummy just needs to do...." If you will kindly fill in the blank, I will take apropriate action.. and try not to screw it up too.

Thank You so very much.

Jim

Aha...figured it out:

You were a very baaad boy and didn't follow directions :) The problem is that you copied the  tep_get_products_special_price function from my installation directions, which specifically state that you can not do that.

You have to copy the  tep_get_products_special_price from your /catalog/includes/functions/general.php file.

That will solve your problem :)

(unless, of course, you don't have  tep_get_products_special_price in your general.php file... but I haven't found an install yet that didn't have it.)

First let me say this is one of the best mods written for os! But, step 9 in the install is not all that clear (more so when you have been moding code all day).

I used this on MS1 for over a year and just installed on a new MS2. If anyone cares about increasing their sales they need this mod. Not only do some customers come back and place the order, some respond with problems or reasons (opening up a dialog with you to serve them better, beat a competitor price, better your site, etc.), but more importantly, customers love it! It?s personal and makes them feel like you care about your customers. I would say 1 out of every 3 people sent an email respond to the email in some way.

First let me say this is one of the best mods written for os! But, step 9 in the install is not all that clear (more so when you have been moding code all day).

I used this on MS1 for over a year and just installed on a new MS2. If anyone cares about increasing their sales they need this mod. Not only do some customers come back and place the order, some respond with problems or reasons (opening up a dialog with you to serve them better, beat a competitor price, better your site, etc.), but more importantly, customers love it! It?s personal and makes them feel like you care about your customers. I would say 1 out of every 3 people sent an email respond to the email in some way.

ROTFLMAO I just knew it would be somthing stupid, I'll try to fix that... You are a wonderfull human being..

Thank you

Jim

Ruh Roe, I said I would try not to screw that up too but...

This is my special price code:

// Return a product's special price (returns nothing if there is no offer)
// TABLES: products
 function tep_get_products_special_price($product_id) {
   $product_query = tep_db_query("select specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' and status");
   $product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

return $product['specials_new_products_price'];
 } ?

And this is the one in your example:

function tep_get_products_special_price($product_id) {
global $customer_id;
$customer_group_query = tep_db_query("select customers_group_id from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id =  '" . $customer_id . "'");
$customer_group = tep_db_fetch_array($customer_group_query);
$product_query = tep_db_query("select specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' and status and customers_group_id = ". (int)$customer_group['customers_group_id']);
 }

They are not the same.

And this is the error I am getting now:

Warning: opendir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 32040 is not allowed to access /tmp owned by uid 0 in /home/sweetd73/public_html/catalog/admin/recover_cart_sales.php on line 108

Warning: opendir(/tmp): failed to open dir: Success in /home/sweetd73/public_html/catalog/admin/recover_cart_sales.php on line 108

looks like I wasss a baaad boooy again.

I hate having to bother people for this stuff, I am truely sorry for my ignorance.

Edited by Figster

?function tep_get_products_special_price($product_id) {
? ?$product_query = tep_db_query("select specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' and status");
? ?$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

? ?return $product['specials_new_products_price'];
?} ?

[/code]

I hate having to bother people for this stuff, I am truely sorry for my ignorance.

This is what he said in Simple terms Copy the Files from YOUR Catalog Side To YOUR Admin side That's It! THis is for the 1054 ERROR

seeen!!!! B)

Edited by culturebee

? ?$product_query = tep_db_query("select specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' and status");
? ?$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

? ?return $product['specials_new_products_price'];
?} ?

And this is the one in your example:

global $customer_id;
$customer_group_query = tep_db_query("select customers_group_id from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id = ?'" . $customer_id . "'");
$customer_group = tep_db_fetch_array($customer_group_query);
$product_query = tep_db_query("select specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' and status and customers_group_id = ". (int)$customer_group['customers_group_id']);
?}

They are not the same.

Yep, I would not expect them to be the same! That's why you have to copy your function and not use the one in the example. Most every store has a unique set of mods which modify this function.

And this is the error I am getting now:

Well, the first clue is that your error is in recover_cart_sales.php and not in general.php :)

Looking at the code at line 108 you will see that this is in the function checking for open sessions. The problem is that on your server you are using files but do not have access (as a user) to the sessions folder (/tmp in your case).

The solution is to either a) not check for open sessions by turning that option off in the configuration settings for RCS or B) give yourself permission to access /tmp.

In your case, option a) is the correct choice :)

PS: apologies on the slow response, family emergency came up.

Hi guys, need some help. The MOD works in some sense but the email notification don't seems to work for my case. When I am at the admin page under the tools section. I saw that there is outstanding cart items. So, I check the box next to the user and click send email. When I check the email, no such email was sent or received. Can someone pls advise what to check out for that might cause this problem? My website is http://www.blueseatackle.com

Thanks and regards.

Hi, I need a mod that does what this mod promises, but I installed this and it didn't seem to live up to expectations.

I could not see if I had any abandoned carts or anything similar.

Any ideas?

Where are you looking for them, i have it working perfectly with Master products, sts, pwa, and a few others, its fantastic and has recovered numerous sales...

Basically when a person process an order and they dont complete (i.e process the payment using a card) then the cart gets stored with their name and email, you can then send them an automated email asking why they didnt purchase.

It gives you a chance of recovering a sale you lost, (sometimes because of something daft like, not understanding shipping, terms, etc).