• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recover Cart Sales

I did not add the customer_id part of the code as it is not required to paste that in the genral.php of the catalog folder but still getting the error:

1054 - Unknown column 'customers_group_id' in 'field list'
select customers_group_id from customers where customers_id = ''

What else can it be?

Kunal

Lane,

Any help you can give me in resolving my problem?

I have not installed Seprate price per customer and still gettting this error?

Please help as it is not working at all.

Kunal

Problem fixed now!

Thanks for all the support everyone.

Kunal

I have mine working fine, but maybe you would want to share with everyone what was wrong and how you actually fixed the problem. This will help any future people from being able to fix problems when they have problems.

Cheers,

Chris :)

Just wanted to say what a GREAT module

It really does the business, when I prompt a customer after there leave the basket at the checkout, I get great feedback.

Customers often email back the reason why they didn't order which is valueable to hear any problems, and they like the interaction........also a percentage of them order the stuff.

:D Cheeers Lane Roathe, Its one of the best Business modules on the fanatisic OSCommerce system.

Best Wishes

Sean

Problem fixed now!

Thanks for all the support everyone.

Kunal

Realised my mistake.

I had coppied the the entire patch available on the install file for the genral.php file.

Code on the install file:

// Return a product's special price (returns nothing if there is no offer)
// TABLES: products
 function tep_get_products_special_price($product_id) {
global $customer_id;
$customer_group_query = tep_db_query("select customers_group_id from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id =  '" . $customer_id . "'");
$customer_group = tep_db_fetch_array($customer_group_query);
$product_query = tep_db_query("select specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' and status and customers_group_id = ". (int)$customer_group['customers_group_id']);
$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);
return $product['specials_new_products_price'];
 }

Where as All I needed to add was:

// Return a product's special price (returns nothing if there is no offer)
// TABLES: products
 function tep_get_products_special_price($product_id) {

return $product['specials_new_products_price'];
 }

Also a quick thanks to Chris to remind me to state how I corrected my problem for others in the future. Thanks.

I was going to do this anyway just wanted to be sure that all is working over a few days before I make a response.

One of the best contributions and a must for store owners.

Kunal

Hello,

I have just installed this cool contribution. However, I am having a problem. In admin/tools/recover cart sales when I click on go, I get a cannot find server error screen. I noticed the url says :https://admin/recover_cart_sales.php . For some reason it leaves out the site name. What I mean is https://mystore.com.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Moon

"Woohoo, Just Havin Funnn!"

Hello,

I have just installed this cool contribution. However, I am having a problem. In admin/tools/recover cart sales when I click on go, I get a cannot find server error screen. I noticed the url says :https://admin/recover_cart_sales.php . For some reason it leaves out the site name. What I mean is https://mystore.com.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Moon

This also happens when I click go in admin/reports/recovered_cart_sales and when I try to send e-mail in tools/recover_cart_sales.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Moon

This also happens when I click go in admin/reports/recovered_cart_sales and when I try to send e-mail in tools/recover_cart_sales.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Moon

All is fixed now! I repaired a bad url in configure.php. That seems to have fixed it!

Thanks anyway...

Moon

Realised my mistake.

I had coppied the the entire patch available on the install file for the genral.php file.

NOTE: It is important that you do NOT copy the code in the install file! It is very likely that the code I put in the install file will not work on your site! This is because there is no standard method for calculating special pricing (many different contributions like GV, PPC, etc. modify this function).

Alas that the designers didn't just have the admin and catalog areas share code like that in general.php.

NOTE: It is important that you do NOT copy the code in the install file! It is very likely that the code I put in the install file will not work on your site! This is because there is no standard method for calculating special pricing (many different contributions like GV, PPC, etc. modify this function).

Alas that the designers didn't just have the admin and catalog areas share code like that in general.php.

Thanks Lane.

I am learning from my mistakes.

Also thanks for this great contribution.

Kunal

Hi. I'm seeing something strange with my installation of this good contribution, and having a hard time determining the source of the problem.

Looking at this page: admin_folder/recover_cart_sales.php, if I've choose to show product attributes, I see those product attributes listed 3 times.

For example, what should be appearing like this:

Product Name

- Product Option 1 Product Option Value

- Product Option 2 Product Option Value

- Product Option 3 Product Option Value

Is appearing like this:

Product Name

I've looked a little in the database, and tried playing with the code after: if (RCS_SHOW_ATTRIBUTES == 'true'), but I can't figure it out (I'm not a pro). Limiting the MySQL query results won't help because not all products have the same number of attributes.

Can anyone help?

What version are you using? The latest version includes a fix for the attributes display. The previously reported problem was exactly as you describe, and that person reported that the fix correctly displayed the attributes so it should also work for you.

Hi. I'm seeing something strange with my installation of this good contribution, and having a hard time determining the source of the problem.

Looking at this page: admin_folder/recover_cart_sales.php, if I've choose to show product attributes, I see those product attributes listed 3 times.

For example, what should be appearing like this:

Product Name

Is appearing like this:

Product Name

I've looked a little in the database, and tried playing with the code after: if (RCS_SHOW_ATTRIBUTES == 'true'), but I can't figure it out (I'm not a pro). Limiting the MySQL query results won't help because not all products have the same number of attributes.

Can anyone help?

Hi. I'm using version 2.11, the latest, so it should be working for me I guess. If I just knew what the fix was or where it was put, I might be able to figure out why it's not working for me. I bet it's just a little value somewhere. (In the meanwhile at least I can see the shopping carts, so thanks for the contribution!!!..)

What version are you using? The latest version includes a fix for the attributes display. The previously reported problem was exactly as you describe, and that person reported that the fix correctly displayed the attributes so it should also work for you.

anyone thought of adding a button that would take the cart products directly into an order for the client?

most valuable. Greate tool for reporting. Would save allot of time to be able to input that info directly into a order

Hi. I'm using version 2.11, the latest, so it should be working for me I guess. If I just knew what the fix was or where it was put, I might be able to figure out why it's not working for me. I bet it's just a little value somewhere. (In the meanwhile at least I can see the shopping carts, so thanks for the contribution!!!..)

Look around line 488 for this:

// BEGIN OF ATTRIBUTE DB CODE

The tep_db_query as that is where the list of attributes are taken from the customer_basket_attributes table.

The problem is that the osc designers didn't put in a reference to the basket which the attributes are attached, so there is no way to match them up. The best you can do, as far as I can tell (but note that I am not an osC or PHP or mySQL exper!), is to match both the products and customers id values.

It's possible that your customer has two baskets, this would cause the type of problem you see.

Unfortunately, there is no easy fix as it would involve adding the reference and updating any (and all?) code that used that table. Plus the housekeeping and who knows what else.

We installed this contribution for a month now and have so far recovered > 10% of the abandoned carts. We also received numerous "Thank You" emails and calls from the customers too. Wonderful contribution! Thanks Lane and all the ones who contributed to this.

We are thinking of giving a % discount together with the email. Anybody has empirical data to share on what's the optimal discount to give? Maybe we can compile a table as follows:

Example:

0% coupon : 10% recovered (no coupons)

5% coupon : 15% recovered?

- The Jackal

We installed this contribution for a month now and have so far recovered > 10% of the abandoned carts.  We also received numerous "Thank You" emails and calls from the customers too.  Wonderful contribution!  Thanks Lane and all the ones who contributed to this.
I really like those Thank You replies as well, many people do appreciate our effort to improve the site. (A few, of course, are not appreciative).
We are thinking of giving a % discount together with the email.  Anybody has empirical data to share on what's the optimal discount to give?  Maybe we can compile a table as follows:

Example:

0% coupon :  10% recovered (no coupons)

5% coupon :  15% recovered?

I have not done anything along these lines so I can't say. But let us know if you figure out a way to measure this :)

Ok. Oh well. Appreciate the explanation, lane. Thanks

Look around line 488 for this:
 ?	// BEGIN OF ATTRIBUTE DB CODE

The  tep_db_query as that is where the list of attributes are taken from the customer_basket_attributes table.

The problem is that the osc designers didn't put in a reference to the basket which the attributes are attached, so there is no way to match them up. The best you can do, as far as I can tell (but note that I am not an osC or PHP or mySQL exper!), is to match both the products and customers id values.

It's possible that your customer has two baskets, this would cause the type of problem you see.

Unfortunately, there is no easy fix as it would involve adding the reference and updating any (and all?) code that used that table. Plus the housekeeping and who knows what else.

I just made a fresh install of the latest version and have problems with the report "recovered sales results".

It gives me this error:

Working...  Recover Cart Sales Report v2.11 Show for last  days 

1054 - Unknown column 'RCS_PENDING_SALE_STATUS' in 'where clause'

select o.orders_id, o.customers_id, o.date_purchased, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total, ot.value from orders o left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), orders_status s where (o.customers_id = 1831 OR o.customers_email_address like "" OR o.customers_name like "Peter Andersen") and o.orders_status > RCS_PENDING_SALE_STATUS and s.orders_status_id = o.orders_status and o.date_purchased >= "20050717" and ot.class = "ot_total"

[TEP STOP]

Everything else is working fine. It finds the carts and I can email them.

Regards

Mike

Mike,

You didn't do all of the database updates from the install instructions, so this variable is not in the DB as it should be. You probably didn't copy any below this as well, just at a guess, so the fix would be to copy the DB update instruction for this record and all below it and paste the text into phpMyAdmin to update the DB.

I just made a fresh install of the latest version and have problems with the report "recovered sales results".

It gives me this error:

Everything else is working fine. It finds the carts and I can email them.

Regards

Mike

Hye,

I have installed it and the messages are working very well although I made a lot of modifications...

However, I don't understand how work the stats...

1) I have tested to send a message to my personnal account and then buy the unsold cart I had.

Nothing has changed in the stats_recover_cart_sales.php file.

Is it supposed to count the money that comes from this campaign ?

2) Whatever the number of messages I sent, it's writen only 1 "examined". Is this normal ?

Hye,

I have installed it and the messages are working very well although I made a lot of modifications...

Modifications you wanted or were required to get it working?
However, I don't understand how work the stats...

1) I have tested to send a message to my personnal account and then buy the unsold cart I had.

Nothing has changed in the stats_recover_cart_sales.php file.

Is it supposed to count the money that comes from this campaign ?

2) Whatever the number of messages I sent, it's writen only 1 "examined". Is this normal ?

No, it should have x examined where x is the # of emails sent. I've never tested this in depth tho, so if you can provide a test case I'll be happy to look into it.

I have tried to install this contrib and I could not get it to work completely and do not feel too comfortable messing with it but I need it so is anyone willing to install this correctly for me for $40?

I am a disabled vet and my only income comes from my site and I need this to improve my sales and profits. Those VA nebefits seems to get smaller every darn year.

Any help is appreciated.

Modifications you wanted or were required to get it working?

No, it should have x examined where x is the # of emails sent. I've never tested this in depth tho, so if you can provide a test case I'll be happy to look into it.

Thanks for your answer...

In fact, I have only modified the message we send them. No, the problem is more on the statistics area.

Concerning the x, that's OK it's working fine.

But now the problem is that a customer I have sent a message to has added another thing in his cart. That generated a new basket instead of increasing the old one.

I check the account and it is the same. No new account has been created.

Moreover, when he had order (what is great by the way !), no order has been added to my DB, the 2 customer baskets still exist and I don't know what is the final content of his order !

I check the credit card payment and everything is fine.

Any ID ? :'(

Thanks for your answer...

In fact, I have only modified the message we send them. No, the problem is more on the statistics area.

Concerning the x, that's OK it's working fine.

But now the problem is that a customer I have sent a message to has added another thing in his cart. That generated a new basket instead of increasing the old one.

I check the account and it is the same. No new account has been created.

Moreover, when he had order (what is great by the way !), no order has been added to my DB, the 2 customer baskets still exist and I don't know what is the final content of his order !

I check the credit card payment and everything is fine.

Any ID ?  :'(

First, just to be safe, this problem can not be caused by RCS contribution. This is because no catalog files are modified (only admin) and second because the only DB table modified is the 'scart' table, which is not used by anything else in the system. No customer data is modifed by this contribution. (All RCS does is scan tables, ie: read-only operations).

As for your cart problem, I see two concerns:

1. New cart instead of modifying old cart. The only time I see this with returning customers to my store is when the customer creates a new account instead of logging into the existing account. However, if you checked and it's the same account ID then you have a more serious problem. First thing to do is see if this is a one-off problem or a repeatable one. Have you added any contribution lately that modified catalog contents? The use of phpMyAdmin is key here; it can be used to find the order info, locate duplicate accounts, etc. (ie, search customers for any match to the last name, %last%).

2. You get an order but do not get an order created. I used to have this happen to me a lot. After lots of investigation what I found is that any problem with receiving back the "accepted" message from the credit card processing system would cause the order to be abandoned. In the stock osC setup and order is only created (ie, added to the order DB from the cart data) after the customer successfully pays. I modified my cart to create the order DB entry just before trying to process payment, thereby assuring that any accepted order at least had an entry in the order DB I could look up. However, you can end up with orders in the table that are not complete! (ie, failed payment, etc.). This is rare except w/paypal.

You can find the contents of his order in most cases by (amazingly enough) running RCS tool; this will list the cart contents. Sometimes it is not correct; you can use phpMyAdmin to check the results. I always call the customer in these cases to confirm their order. (good communication skills are a plus here, you want to avoid sounding like your site is insecure or that their CC data could have been compromised.)

Long winded answer; but hopefully it will give you some insight on where to look.