• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recover Cart Sales

Just installed this on MS2 and abandoned carts show in admin but when you tick one and send email no email gets sent and the recover carts tool does not update to contacted (still shows unconatcted for the person just emailed)

All other emails get sent from the site fine order emails and if you contact customers direct etc. apart from the recover carts emails.

Has anyone had this problem with the emails not sending status not upadating?

I have not; I always have myself as one of the cart abandoners so I get an email as a check, and I have always gotten one. (plus I usually get 2-7 that fail to deliver due to made up email addresses).

Off the top, I can't think of why Recover Carts would not send an email where the rest of osC would.

I have 1.4f installed, has "Have item price reflect active specials" been implemented yet. I cannot seem to find anything on it.

Thanks

I don't follow your question; this is a recover cart tool/report, please relate how specials would effect this?

Oops do I have the wrong forum ?

In recover cart sales shows the regular price, if there are specials applied to the product I would think the recover cart sales to send an email to the customer should reflect the new specials price. I cannot find any update regarding the specials.

Thanks

I'm not a coder just a splicer.

I just noticed that too. In the Recover Cart Sales, it shows the catalog price, if the item is on special, it does not show the special price, only the catalog regular price.

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

I just noticed that too. In the Recover Cart Sales, it shows the catalog price, if the item is on special, it does not show the special price, only the catalog regular price.

Ah, OK. Now I see what you are saying; hmmm... I'll look into it.

So, after some investigating it appears that the "problem" is that the function to get the specials price, tep_get_products_special_price, is not in the admin area.

So, do I need to copy that to the admin area? Should I put it in the same functions file as in the catalog or should I put it into the recover carts file(s)? Not sure of the osC "way" here :)

So, after some investigating it appears that the "problem" is that the function to get the specials price, tep_get_products_special_price, is not in the admin area.

So, do I need to copy that to the admin area? Should I put it in the same functions file as in the catalog or should I put it into the recover carts file(s)? Not sure of the osC "way" here :)

It should be. I have all sorts of reports and so on in the Admin area that states the special proce if on special.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

It should be. I have all sorts of reports and so on in the Admin area that states the special proce if on special.

Hmmm... well my lack of intimacy with the osC code base is showing then, as I can't find it. If you could point me to a contribution that reports the special price that should be enough to point me in the right direction :)

Actually, it seems that I was incorrect. Everythng seems to show the regular catalog price.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

What do I need to change in recover_cart_sales.php in /admin so my emails won't show like this?

Login to your account here: (http://www.trinketsntreasures.us/FILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN)

------------------------------------------------------

Dear Carol,

Thank you for stopping by Trinkets N Treasures and considering us for your purchase. We noticed that during a visit to our store you placed the following item(s) in your shopping cart, but did not complete the transaction.

Shopping Cart Contents:

1 x Boy's Necklace & Bracelet Set

? ? (http://www.trinketsntreasures.us/FILENAME_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INFO?products_id=53)

We are always interested in knowing what happened and if there was a reason that you decided not to purchase at this time. If you could be so kind as to let us know if you had any issues or concerns, we would appreciate it.? We are asking for feedback from you and others as to how we can help make your experience at Trinkets N Treasures better.

PLEASE NOTE:

If you believe you completed your purchase and are wondering why it was not delivered, this email is an indication that your order was NOT completed, and that you have NOT been charged! Please return to the store in order to complete your order.

Our apologies if you already completed your purchase, we try not to send these messages in those cases, but sometimes it is hard for us to tell depending on individual circumstances.

Again, thank you for your time and consideration in helping us improve theTrinkets N Treasures website.

Sincerely,

Trinkets N Treasures

http://www.trinketsntreasures.us/

Here is the code I have for the email section in recover_cart_sales.php and in crimson editor it is all showing as brown

// E-mail Processing - Requires EMAIL_* defines in the
// includes/languages/english/recover_cart_sales.php file

$cquery = tep_db_query("select * from orders where customers_id = '".$cid."'" );

$email = EMAIL_TEXT_LOGIN . " (" . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN, '', 'SSL') . ")\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n\n";

if ($IS_FRIENDLY_EMAIL_HEADER){
   $email .= EMAIL_TEXT_SALUTATION . $inrec['fname'] . ",";
 } else {
   $email .= STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n";
 }

if (mysql_num_rows($cquery) < 1) {
   $email .= sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_NEWCUST_INTRO, $mline);
 } else {
   $email .= sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_CURCUST_INTRO, $mline);
 }

$email .= sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_COMMON_BODY, $mline) . "\n". $_POST['message'];

$custname = $inrec['fname']." ".$inrec['lname'];
tep_mail($custname, $inrec['email'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
  $mline = "";
tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_SCART . " (customers_id, dateadded ) values ('" . $cid . "', '" . seadate('0') . "')");
  echo $cline;
  $cline = "";
}
}
     $tcart_formated = $currencies->format($tprice);
     echo  "<tr> <td class='dataTableContent' align='right' colspan='8'><b>" . TABLE_CART_TOTAL . "</b>" . $tcart_formated . "</td> </tr>";
 echo "<tr><td colspan=6 align=center><a href=".$PHP_SELF.">" . TEXT_RETURN . "</a></td></tr>";
} else {
//

Thanks for the great contribution it is working great other than this.

Carol

Edited by rose3694

What do I need to change in recover_cart_sales.php in /admin so my emails won't show like this?

$email = EMAIL_TEXT_LOGIN . " (" . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN, '', 'SSL') . ")\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n\n";

Thanks for the great contribution it is working great other than this.

Carol

Add these to defines to the filenames.php file:

define('FILENAME_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INFO', 'product_info.php');

define('FILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN', 'login.php');

I think my cart has those defines due to another contribution, so I really should update the contribution to take care of this... perhaps w/a way to get the special pricing going as well.

I've posted a new version for download. Should address all of the issues reported so far, plus creates HTML emails if you have them turned on. By that I mean that when you turn on MIME HTML in the admin area, the emails this sends out will have clickable login and product links.

You may note that the "look" remains the same, vs how some of the advise appeared in this forum. I ended up doing this because for people like myself who never accept full HTML documents and our email program is "html proof", those clickable links become just normal text. So, having the link hidden in the product name for example would stop a large % of people from even seeing the link if you sent them the HTML version. The way I set it up HTML enabled mail clients get clickable links and text email clients get basically the same email as the non-HTML version.

I also moved the hard-coded configuration parameters into the admin area. This requires some simple SQL inserts; instructions and the statements are provided in the instructions (and in an SQL file). Hopefully the new HTML based instructions will be easier to read/follow. (Thanks to PopTheTop for the this, I used his HTML code from his Fancy Invoice contribution :) )

Download here: Recover Carts Sales Contribution Page

Enjoy!

Edited by lane

:thumbsup:

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

hi i just installed the latest

and i get this error

Recover Cart Sales v1.60 Show for last days

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_products_special_price() in /home/xxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/admin/recover_cart_sales.php on line 389

Any Ideas Big Fella

Regars Andy

Edited by andyucs

hi i just installed the latest

and i get this error

Recover Cart Sales v1.60 Show for last  days 

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_products_special_price() in /home/xxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/admin/recover_cart_sales.php on line 389

Yep... that would be because you didn't completely follow the snazzy new installation instructions. Hmmm... now that I say that I guess I really need an "update" document as well... OK, done! :o

Recover Cart Sales v1.61

This is simply a documentation update, with a new "update" document that hopefully will prevent future problems like this :) Download and follow the update instructions and that should get you going. You are basically missing at least this part:

Step 6:

Open catalog/functions/general.php and find the function:

tep_get_products_special_price

Copy this function and paste it into catalog/admin/functions/general.php after

tep_set_specials_status

You are copying this (vs. updating from something included in this contribution) because many stores have modified this function for things like Pricing Per Customer or Group Pricing or so forth. Therefore you need to use your existing code.

And probably all of the SQL updates.

Oh yea, I guess I should more clearly explain what is happening. The undefined function "tep_get_products_special_price()" is something copied from the catalog area to the admin area which allows the contribution to find any special pricing a product may have and use that price instead of the full price. (see requests above).

The admin area, for some reason, doesn't have this functionality by default; that Step 6 (it's Step 9 in the full installation) covers providing this functionality to the admin area.

Oh yea, I guess I should more clearly explain what is happening. The undefined function "tep_get_products_special_price()" is something copied from the catalog area to the admin area which allows the contribution to find any special pricing a product may have and use that price instead of the full price. (see requests above).

The admin area, for some reason, doesn't have this functionality by default; that Step 6 (it's Step 9 in the full installation) covers providing this functionality to the admin area.

Yea thick fXXk me

im off to specsavers

ta for reply

Regards Bind TwXt

Sure. Here is what my catalog/includes/functions/general.php code looks like (ie, source for copying from). This starts at ~line 77 in my file:

////
// Return a product's name
// TABLES: products
 function tep_get_products_name($product_id, $language = '') {
   global $languages_id;

if (empty($language)) $language = $languages_id;

$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language . "'");
   $product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

return $product['products_name'];
 }

////
// Return a product's special price (returns nothing if there is no offer)
// TABLES: products
 function tep_get_products_special_price($product_id) {
//Begin SPC
global $customer_id;

$customer_group_query = tep_db_query("select customers_group_id from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id =  '" . $customer_id . "'");
$customer_group = tep_db_fetch_array($customer_group_query);
//End SPC

and here is my catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php code that I pasted the above tep_get_products_special_price function into. I pasted after this code block, which in my file starts at ~861:

////
// Sets the status of a product on special
 function tep_set_specials_status($specials_id, $status) {
   if ($status == '1') {
     return tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " set status = '1', expires_date = NULL, date_status_change = NULL where specials_id = '" . (int)$specials_id . "'");
   } elseif ($status == '0') {
     return tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " set status = '0', date_status_change = now() where specials_id = '" . (int)$specials_id . "'");
   } else {
     return -1;
   }
 }

I'll update the installation documents with this as well for the next release.

Hiya lane, I just posted a little mod this contrib, so I hope it gets rolled into the next version... it just checks for existing sessions before outputting the list of abandoned carts to the admin at the console... this way, they only see carts from expired sessions, instead of possibly seeing carts from people that just happen to still be shopping and not have checked out yet... Really simple, just query for session data and extract the customer_id with a regex, throw it into an array, and implode it in the query to make sure the customer_id isn't in that list of values when outputting the list to the admin... I wrote it on a previous version of this contrib, but grabbed 1.60 before uploading it, to make sure the instructions were compatible with this latest version...

Richard Lindsey

Hiya lane, I just posted a little mod this contrib, so I hope it gets rolled into the next version... it just checks for existing sessions before outputting the list of abandoned carts

Very cool, thanks! And yes I will make sure it gets into the next official release :)

Ok, the first intall went fine, I just did the up dates and the email the customer is receiving looks like this:

Date: 05/07/05 13:37:46

To: James Newton

Subject: Inquiry from Hot Stuff Leather and Lace

Login to your account here: (/catalog/login.php)

------------------------------------------------------

Dear James,

We would like to thank you for having shopped at Hot Stuff Leather and Lace in the past. We noticed that during a visit to our store you placed the following item(s) in your shopping cart, but did not complete the transaction.

Shopping Cart Contents:

1 x Chain bra w/ leather trim

(/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1029{2}22)

We are always interested in knowing what happened and if there was a reason that you decided not to purchase at this time. If you could be so kind as to let us know if you had any issues or concerns, we would appreciate it. We are asking for feedback from you and others as to how we can help make your experience at Hot Stuff Leather and Lace better.

PLEASE NOTE:

If you believe you completed your purchase and are wondering why it was not delivered, this email is an indication that your order was NOT completed, and that you have NOT been charged! Please return to the store in order to complete your order.

Our apologies if you already completed your purchase, we try not to send these messages in those cases, but sometimes it is hard for us to tell depending on individual circumstances.

Again, thank you for your time and consideration in helping us improve Hot Stuff Leather and Lace website.

Sincerely,

Hot Stuff Leather and Lace

http://sweetdeal4u.biz/catalog/

Notice the log in is not a complete address, and if the click on the last link, they will get the index catalog page... not my storefront.

where did i go wrong???