• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recover Cart Sales

First off thank you, thank you, thank you! This contribution really needs to be part of the core program. Anyone that runs a store should have this!

Anyways the tools section is working fine for me but I get a 404 error when I try looking at reports:

http://www.mydomain.com/store/catalog/admi...OVER_CART_SALES

Running MS2 I tried re-installing but can not figure out for the life of me what I over looked.

First off thank you, thank you, thank you! This contribution really needs to be part of the core program. Anyone that runs a store should have this!

Anyways the tools section is working fine for me but I get a 404 error when I try looking at reports:

Running MS2 I tried re-installing but can not figure out for the life of me what I over looked.

...catalog/admin/FILENAME_REPORT_RECOVER_CART_SALES

Okay this is posted in the forums already, this is an error in the 1.3.6 README. you need to change:

define('FILENAME_STATS_RECOVER_CART_SALES', 'stats_recover_cart_sales.php');

to:

define('FILENAME_REPORT_RECOVER_CART_SALES', 'stats_recover_cart_sales.php');

This is step 4a for MS2.

I guess I will up date a 1.3.6a version to update the readme. It should be posted in moments... :)

I have a question about the Reports/stats:

The Tools or "recover_cart_sales.php" works great, but I am seeing no reports, just:

Recover Cart Sales Report v1.3.6

Examined Records:1

Sales:0

And "Customer" is blank. Will this only display after an abandoned cart is re-opened and checked out?

· willross

··········

I have a question about the Reports/stats:

The Tools or "recover_cart_sales.php" works great, but I am seeing no reports, just:

Recover Cart Sales Report v1.3.6

Examined Records:1

Sales:0

And "Customer" is blank. Will this only display after an abandoned cart is re-opened and checked out?

Try reading this topic before posting, you may find answers to questions before having to post. You will find the answer to your question posted at least once.

OOoh was that snippy?

Hallo,

only a small hint for perhaps your next release.

If you delete a user from the database and he was already listet on the report site than you will still have an entry but no name. Would be better the entry also will be deleted.

I know it's not normal delteing customers, but it happens.

Thanks Matthias

Edited by bodyfeelings

Thanks Matthias

only a small hint for perhaps your next release.

If you delete a user from the database and he was already listet on the report site than you will still have an entry but no name. Would be better the entry also will be deleted.

I know it's not normal delteing customers, but it happens.

There is nothing wrong with deleting customers. You have to clean house and do customer maintenance from time to time, as a matter of fact Met00 is working on a customer tool, that will be RCS aware, it may be easier for it to handle this feature when a customer is deleted using this new tool.

What do you think Met00?

There is nothing wrong with deleting customers. You have to clean house and do customer maintenance from time to time, as a matter of fact Met00 is working on a customer tool, that will be RCS aware, it may be easier for it to handle this feature when a customer is deleted using this new tool.

What do you think Met00?

First I want to make the tool, then work on making it RCS aware. :)

There are any number of "tracks" that a customer leaves in your store. From unpurchased shopping carts to purchased goods to address box entries. The deletion of any customer can leave all sorts of hanging data.

One of the things that has surprised me is that the customers_id is used in so many places, but in so few it has been treated as an indexed key. That makes cleanup that much harder to perform.

I am kinda lost with so many posts, but is recover carts or unsold carts the best to download?  From my understanding one is the evolved version right?  or are they still two seperate mods?

Development Path:

Unsold Carts

|      \

|        \

|          \

|            \

|          scart

|\            |

|  \          |

|    \        |

|      \      |

|        \    |

|          \  |

|            \ |

|              \

|      Recover Cart Sales

|              |

|              |

V            V

Clear?

Hi, I think this mod is great. I dont have a good handle on code, but I think it would really be great if we can incorporate this mod into the wishlist mod.

The wishlist mod is like another cart where people can add items they want so that they can either order it later or send the list to a friend.

I would think it is great to have these to mods together. My ideal goal is to let people add OUT OF STOCK items to their wishlist/reserve list, and us store owner are able to see what is in their wishlist, so that we can more accurately estimate how much of a certain item to order to fullfuill the unseen need.

also, someone is working on something similar but it would be great to add the help or give ideas on how to creat this.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=70971

I ran into the same question as fadedlazer, concerning the instructions for step 4. Here is my revised instructions which I hope are easier to follow :)

4a) **FOR MS2 ONLY** (MS1 users skip to step 4b)

Edit /catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php and add:

define('FILENAME_RECOVER_CART_SALES', 'recover_cart_sales.php');

define('FILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN', 'login.php');

4b) **FOR MS1 ONLY** (MS2 users skip to step 5) Edit /catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php and add:

define('TABLE_SCART', 'scart');

5) **FOR MS2 ONLY** (MS1 users skip to step 6)

Note that I moved the define statements to the beginning of the line plus 2 spaces; this makes it possible to copy and paste those lines into the destination files.

Well, that was quick; here is a 2nd revision of the steps so that there is only a single skip involved. This flow should make it much easier to follow for 1st timers.

4a) **FOR MS2 ONLY** (MS1 users skip to step 5)

Edit /catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php and add:

4b) **FOR MS2 ONLY**

Edit /catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php and add:

5) **FOR MS1 ONLY** (MS2 users skip to step 6)

Edit /catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php and add:

Does it work? I mean, really, can you show that it works?

YES

30 days (December)

232 RCS Contacts

42 Recovered Sales

Over $500 in *net* revenue re-generated

Time: 2 min every 2 days = 30 min

$16.66/min

Not a bad return on investment.

Awsome tool. Don't know how I managed without it. However, having upgraded to the latest version I would like to remove the customers first name from the e-mail that is sent out. Could someone please let me know how to do this?

I love this tool!! Very handy. However, I am having one odd problem with the "report" part of the tool: It lists all the abandoned carts as coming from the SAME customer! Digging into the code a bit to see what might be causing this, but I wanted to post in case others have had this same issue.

thanks,

-beb