• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recover Cart Sales

Met00,

How about making the e-mail even more personalized and include things like date added or the cart value to the message sent?

This information is already retrieved by the report, so this should be pretty easy, don't you think?

Again, you have control over all that. Whatever you put in the line to be passed in and included in the message will be placed in the center of the message. The SQL used to scoop out the information (empty the carts) in both parts of the code is the same. You can modify it to include the price, etc, very simply.

My goal is to softsell in the e-mail, not to push their return because they have X in the cart valued at $Y. It's like the choice of using the PS: or not. I don't use the PS:. Others use the PS: to send a coupon code.

To add price and dates to the line items of the cart contents would be the modification of one line of code and the addition of maybe 3-5 more (copying them from one section of the coe to another).

Does this contribution show the product attributes also ? Many thanks

no.

why? Attributes are a pain in the butt and I didn't want to have to write the code to go through three (I think) more tables.

Is it a planned upgrade?

yes. Unsold Carts is going to be upgraded, we will add the changes to this within a week or so after.

PS. Why in the Unsold carts the filename:

define('FILENAME_STATS_UNSOLD_CARTS', 'stats_unsold_carts.php');

you need to add definition into /admin/includes/filenames.php and in the Recover carts filename goes into /admin/includes/application_top.php ?

Hmmm, I thought I removed all refreneces to UNSOLD_CARTS in this code.

PS. Why in the Unsold carts the filename:

define('FILENAME_STATS_UNSOLD_CARTS', 'stats_unsold_carts.php');

you need to add definition into /admin/includes/filenames.php and in the Recover carts filename goes into /admin/includes/application_top.php ?

Hmmm, I thought I removed all refreneces to UNSOLD_CARTS in this code.

No, I meant that in Unsold Carts the filename and database definition are added to filename and database .php files. I've added this definitions (odf Recover Carts) to this files not to aplication_top.php as it was mentioned in the readme. I think it's a better choice.

Kind regards,

Raul

No, I meant that in Unsold Carts the filename and database definition are added to filename and database .php files. I've added this definitions (odf Recover Carts) to this files not to aplication_top.php as it was mentioned in the readme. I think it's a better choice.

Hmmm, it sounds like a version thing (MS2.1 .v. MS2.2).

Doesn't matter where it goes, as long as it gets run. :D

Recover Cart Sales v1.2

You can download it from here:

Recover Cart Sales v1.2 [Pair]

or go to the Contribution Page.

CHANGES

• Fixed several minor layout issues
  • Updated layout for easier readability (I Hope)
  • Added missing defines in the English file
    TEXT_SEND_EMAIL and TEXT_RETURN
  • Moved filename defines to the filenames.php file
  • Moved database table define to the database_tables.php file
  • Reorganized readme.txt file and installation instructions
  • Added an SQL file for importing into DB
  • Corrected a few minor typos in the English
  • Modified e-mail message to follow standard business grammar rules
  • Added Friendly E-mail configuration option which gives you the
    choice between original greeting or a more friendlier greeting
    using the customers first name.
  • Removed duplication of information in language file regarding
    e-mail message to reduce chance of errors. This also fixed
    a bug where current customer e-mails had the PS Message
    being placed after the cart information and not and the end of the
  • Moved Configuration Variables from language file to the top of
    the recover_cart_sales.php file
  • Added CURCUST_COLOR configuration variable
  • Added UNCONTACTED_COLOR configuration variable
  • Added CONTACTED_COLOR configuration variable
  • Added the display of Attribute information to the main tool display
  • Renamed report_cart_sales.php to stats_cart_sales.php to follow
    existing OSC file naming conventions
  • I think there is more changes, but this is all I could remember

FUTURE PLANS

• Have item price reflect active attribute pricing
  • Have item price reflect active specials
  • Ability to sort by column headings
  • Fix possible bugs in report file
  • Updating report to provide more information

OTHER INFORMATION

• I didn't make any changes to inside the report files, however I do
    believe their is a bug with the report. When I tested a recovered
    sale buy abandoning a cart, then sending an e-mail, and finically
    purchasing the cart, it went from 0 sales to 54 sales, and showed
    the customer name 54 times.
  • Because of the extensive changes to the English language file
    I am distributing this release as English only. I would like to
    receive all the translated versions of this for at least Spanish,
    German, and French (all others welcomed) and then make a language
    file release.

After looking at this tool, I do not feel that there is any reason for the stand-alone Unsold Cart Report. I have decided to put any future efforts into the Recover Cart Sales, and push people to from that old report to this new tool.

Therefore many of the features I had planned for version 2.0 of the report I have placed most of in this Tool, with the remaining features listed and planned for a future version.

I think Met00 has done a great job with this tool, and I hope my contributes to it will be welcomed.

As stated in the above readme information, because of the drastic changes to the language file, and my lack of translating ability, I had to drop the existing NON-English languages from this release. I would like people to send me translations of this new language file any and all languages, with Spanish, German, and French the primary languages need. My e-mail address is in the readme.txt file, please send them to that address.

When I have at least the 3 primary languages, and any others provided, I would like to do another release with them and any bugs that need to be fixed in the next release. I will give full credit to those who provide the language files in the readme, just tell me if you want your handle or real name listed, and if you want a e-mail address listed.

Sorry for the length of this post, and for any errors or bugs that may have slipped past me, as always I will do my best to fix them in a quick and responsive fashion.

Thanks....

-Aalst

I think Met00 has done a great job with this tool, and I hope my contributes to it will be welcomed.

Would it make life easier if I just sent you my stuff before I made an official contribution?

:D :D B) :D :D

@Alst

I've sent you the german languagefiles with mail.

But also I postet you some problem and I think I'm not allone. And for that reason I will post it here again.

1. If you don't have installed this contribution before or uninstalled the version 1.0 than you have a small problem with the email which is sent to the customer if you don't youse the option with the firstname of the customer.

Reason: you have forgotten to tell in the readme :

insert in filenames.php

define('FILENAME_CATALOG_LOGIN', 'login.php');

2. The new script needs much more time to do his job. In my onlineshop I have about 40 carts open. If I start the recover_cart_sales.php it will stop after 30 seconds with the following errormessage:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/www/web62/html/bf/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 45

I'm not able to change the time on the server! :(

The script must be faster :rolleyes:

Thanks Matthias

Awesome tool guys and many thanks.

2 quick things. I installed scart from the code in the old thread and it all works fine. Is it worth changing to the official contri for the changes it will bring?

Secondly a suggestion. I like many people have a problem with World Pay and people not clicking through to checkout_sucsess.php and therefore I never receive the order into the store. This leaves me the embarrassing job of contacting the customer and asking them what they ordered. If this tool also captured the attributes, i.e. size and color in my case, this would solve the problem.

2. The new script needs much more time to do his job. In my onlineshop I have about 40 carts open. If I start the recover_cart_sales.php it will stop after 30 seconds with the following errormessage:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/www/web62/html/bf/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 45

OK, now I've set the vaalue from $BASE_DAYS = 10; to $BASE_DAYS = 5;

Than it will work. But the old query was much faster. What can You (I) do to make the new one as fast as the old one ?

Thanks Matthias

I've sent you the german languagefiles with mail.

Thanks!!

you have forgotten to tell in the readme :

insert in filenames.php

Actually I didn't forget to include it in the readme... I forgot to change the use of that define to:

FILENAME_LOGIN

Which is already defined. ALL CORE file names are defined by OSC, I just forgot to do that. I will get it in the next release, which because of this, will be very soon.

The new script needs much more time to do his job

Than it will work. But the old query was much faster. What can You (I) do to make the new one as fast as the old one ?

I have a lot of abandoned carts as well and I never noticed this on mine. It all depends on the time outs set for the DB, and the overall speed of the server. I must be lucky with my host, to have a fast server. (I noticed this with Easy Populate where most people can only do about 300 records at a time, when I can do over 2000 and have not found a limit to it yet).

Anyway, I am glad you found a work around for now, I will look into optimizing the DB, querries if I can. The problem maybe the checking of Attributes of every item, and retrieving when needed for display. This is the big change for DB access to this version.

If this tool also captured the attributes

Read the release post for 1.2

or

Read the info posted on its contrib page

Or the read me from the download.... all of them state that the attributes are now displayed in the RCS Tool. They are displayed under the item just like they are shown in the shopping cart when it is viewed by a customer.

Thanks. That's all I needed to know for now. Good tool.

Its there now... :)

-Aalst

you have forgotten to tell in the readme :

insert in filenames.php

Actually I didn't forget to include it in the readme... I forgot to change the use of that define to:

FILENAME_LOGIN

Which is already defined. ALL CORE file names are defined by OSC, I just forgot to do that. I will get it in the next release, which because of this, will be very soon.

My bad, I was thinking of the catalogs filenames.php and that it is not in the ADMIN's filenames.php :) I will add that back to the readme right away :)

I am going to try to release 1.3 today. Goals for it are to fix the missing item from the readme file, optimize the aquiring of attributes, and even if I can optimize it I will still add a CONFIG VARIABLE for enabling and disabling this information some sites don't use attributes some do, some care some don't.

Also I have obtained the German Language files from BodyFeelings, I would love to get more Language files, especially French and Spanish before I release 1.3 today. :D

Thanks for all the feedback ... keep it up ... Met00 you have been awfully quiet,, that worries me... :lol:

-Aalst

OKAY.... I was able to optimize the code for the attributes, it is about as tight as it can get. It should a lot better now. I still added the CONFIG VARIABLE for it and the default is FALSE, not to show the attributes. I have also added the German Lanuage files, and have fixed the readme.

I would like to hear some more feedback about 1.2 , and get some more language files before I release 1.3.

Are there any bugs in the RCS Tool that need to be fixed over an above those already stated in this message as being fixed?? (Met00??)

Thanks..

-Aalst

Are there any bugs in the RCS Tool that need to be fixed over an above those already stated in this message as being fixed?? (Met00??)

Believe it or not, I've been so busy running my bloody store that I haven't had the chance to upgrade yet. :o

Today looks like a normal "slow" Saturday, so I'll put the latest release in and see how it runs.

Secondly a suggestion. I like many people have a problem with World Pay and people not clicking through to checkout_sucsess.php and therefore I never receive the order into the store.

Because this is off topic, this will be my only reply to this in here, if you want to discuss it more create a new topic, or PM me. Therefore do not reply to this message in here, it will be ignored. :)

I use a few 3rd party payment options myself but I never have this problem, even when people do not complete the transaction all the way. Example with PayPal IPN the contrib as soon as the person CONFIRMS the order and then is sent to PayPal the order is placed in a PayPal Pending status. I can access the order from the orders menu. PayPal IPN contrib given you the option of remove items from inventory right away or only after payment has been confirmed. This is a nice feature.

However, even with the other 3rd party payment contribs I have, that do not return the user to my site, their order is still placed in the Pending status and fully accessable. If your contrib is not handling this correctly then you should look to fixing the WorldPay contrib or taking this issue to a WorldPay topic and following up with it there.

-Aalst

Apologies if my post has caused a problem. I only mentioned it as a reason for including the attributes in the contri.

Your reason for posting it was NOT off-topic, my reply to it was off-topic. So no need to apologize.

Edited by Aalst

Installed latest version 1.2

Installation ok except when I go to run the report in tools. My server comes to a standstill and the window is taking a longgggg time and not finishing. I got the 30 sec timeout message before I set $BASE_DAYS = 10; to $BASE_DAYS = 1, and now it just nevers finishes. Server and all web sites basically stop. I have a lot of attributes, and about 100 abandoned carts...but of course probably only a few in the last 1 day.

Any ideas?

Hosting OSC2/MS2 on Linux Redhat8.0 w/MySql on fast server and 1024k pipe.

Boom... Big butta boom.

@solardirect

read this

Thanks Matthias

Installed latest version 1.2

Installation ok except when I go to run the report in tools. My server comes to a standstill and the window is taking a longgggg time and not finishing.  I got the 30 sec timeout message before I set $BASE_DAYS = 10; to $BASE_DAYS = 1, and now it just nevers finishes.  Server and all web sites basically stop.  I have a lot of attributes, and about 100 abandoned carts...but of course probably only a few in the last 1 day.

Hosting OSC2/MS2 on Linux Redhat8.0 w/MySql on fast server and 1024k pipe.

As previously stated I have optimized the code that handles the Attributes and it will be in 1.3 when it is released today. The release is ready, I am just waiting for (hoping for) some more Language files, especally Spanish and French. I will be releasing in a few hours regardless with only English and German if no others are provided.

-Aalst

LAST CALL

This is the last call before I release the 1.3 version of RCS Tool. I have the German Language files, and since I have not recieved any others, I have gone and done a Latin American Spanish (Mexico) translation, but I bet they could use some improvement since my Spanish is not that great, since I only lived in Mexico for 2 years. I have only fixed the problems previously stated by me.

I will be releasing at 5pm MST with this unless I get some more language files. (it is now 3:27 MST)

-Aalst

1. Have you tried using the Unsold Cart Report contribution available at http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1598 ? If you also have problems with this contrib there should be something wrong at your site. Maybe you should try to reinstall the contribution and make sure you did follow the install instructions properly.

2. Do you get any errors when launching recover_cart_sales.php, e.g. parse errors? If yes, the problem liest probably in a forgotten parenthesis or hyphen in the code or something like this.

1. Have you tried using the Unsold Cart Report contribution available at http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1598 ? If you also have problems with this contrib there should be something wrong at your site. Maybe you should try to reinstall the contribution and make sure you did follow the install instructions properly.

2. Do you get any errors when launching recover_cart_sales.php, e.g. parse errors? If yes, the problem liest probably in a forgotten parenthesis or hyphen in the code or something like this.

1. I will try the other contribution.

2. No, everything looks ok, except that it doesn't work. After "executing" search nothing is found.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Raul

I have the same problem with recover sales 1.2 displays nothing after long search

unsold carts worked fine for me...

recover sales> no errors just nothing displayed on page after search ie blank page after it goes to recover_cart_sales.php

Edited by sgflowers