• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recover Cart Sales

This thread will be used to discuss the Recover Cart Sales Tool.

If you are using Unsold Carts and are ready to move up from a report to a sales tool, then this is the next generation.

Originally this code was released in a thread on abandoned carts as scart.php. Over time the report from that thread became Unsold Carts and made it to a stable release in version 1.7. At that time the Unsold Carts 1.7 code was tacken and scarts was rewritten on that code base. That created version 1.0 of the Recover Cart Sales.

A pointer to the location in Contribs will follow.

(I needed to create this thread for the readme).

Downloaded and Installed like a song !

One of the most useful contibutions ever !

I discovered 66 Abandoned carts which I didn't know

were there ! Could contact all of them by the press of a

Button . this is amazing.

It will be nice to know what the actual E mail says somewhere !

without digging to find out in the code.

Downloaded and Installed like a song !

One of the most useful contibutions ever !

I discovered 66 Abandoned carts which I didn't know

were there ! Could contact all of them by the press of a

Button . this is amazing.

It will be nice to know what the actual E mail says somewhere !

without digging to find out in the code.

Read the readme. :rolleyes:

New -> 
Thank you for stopping by STORE_NAME and considering us for your purchase. We noticed that in your visit to our store that you placed the following item(s) in your shopping cart, but did not complete the transaction with us.  "\n\n" Cart Contents: "\n\n".'%s' . "\n\n" . 'We are always interested in knowing what happened and if there was a reason that you decided to not purchase with STORE_NAME at this time. If you could be so kind as to let us know if you had any issues or concerns, we would like to address them as getting this feedback from you and others is how we can help make your experience at STORE_NAME  better. "\n\n" Again, thank you for your time and consideration in helping us make STORE_NAME "\n\n" STORE_OWNER ."\n".STORE_NAME . "\n". HTTP_SERVER .DIR_WS_CATALOG 

Customer ->
Firstoff, we would like to thank you for having purchased from STORE_NAME in the past.  Secondly, We noticed that in your visit to our store that you placed the following item(s) in your shopping cart, but did not complete the transaction with us. "\n\n" 'Cart Contents:'. "\n\n".'%s' . "\n\n" . 'We are always interested in knowing what happened and if there was a reason that you decided to not purchase with STORE_NAME at this time. If you could be so kind as to let us know if you had any issues or concerns, we would like to address them as getting this feedback from you and others is how we can help make your experience at STORE_NAME better. "\n\n". 'Again, thank you for your time and consideration in helping us make STORE_NAME ."\n\n". STORE_OWNER ."\n".STORE_NAME . "\n". HTTP_SERVER  DIR_WS_CATALOG

The uppercase items are picked up from the defines (or the store configuration) The %s is the cart contents. All this is in the /languages/english php files... like I said, read the readme. :P

First of all: Thank You !!!

Now I want to help the german users with the german translation:

<?php
/*
 $Id: recover_cart_sales.php,v 1.0 2003/11/23 21:01:31 $

Recover Cart Sales contrib: JM Ivler (c)
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('EMAIL_TTL', '90');
define('BASE_DAYS', '10');

define('EMAIL_SEPARATOR', '------------------------------------------------------');
define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT', 'Anfrage von '.  STORE_NAME );
define('EMAIL_TEXT_NEWCUST', "\n\n".'Vielen Dank f?r Ihren Besuch bei ' . STORE_NAME . ' und Ihr uns entgegengebrachtes Vertrauen. Wir haben gesehen, da? Sie bei Ihrem Besuch in unserem Onlineshop den Warenkorb mit folgenden Artikeln gef?llt haben aber den Einkauf nicht vollst?ndig durchgef?hrt haben. ' . "\n\n" . 'Inhalt Ihres Warenkorbes:'."\n\n".'%s' . "\n\n" . 'Wir sind immer bem?ht unseren Service im Interesse unserer Kunden zu verbessern. Aus diesem Grund interessiert es uns nat?rlich, was die Ursachen daf?r waren, Ihren Einkauf dieses Mal nicht bei '. STORE_NAME . ' zu t?tigen. Wir w?ren Ihnen daher sehr dankbar, wenn Sie uns mitteilen w?rden, ob Sie bei Ihrem Besuch in unsererm Onlineshop Probleme oder Bedenken hatten den Einkauf erfolgreich abzuschlie?en. Uns Ziel ist es Ihnen und anderen Kunden den Einkauf bei '. STORE_NAME . ' leichter und besser zu gestalten. '."\n\n". 'Nochmals, vielen Dank f?r Ihre Zeit und Ihre Hilfe den Onlineshop von '. STORE_NAME . ' zu verbessern.' . "\n\n". 'Mit freundlichen Gr??en' . "\n". 'Ihr Team von ' . STORE_NAME . "\n". HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . "\n");
define('EMAIL_TEXT_CUST', "\n\n".'Vielen Dank f?r Ihren erneuten Besuch bei ' . STORE_NAME . ' und Ihr wiederholtes uns entgegengebrachtes Vertrauen. Wir haben gesehen, da? Sie bei Ihrem Besuch in unserem Onlineshop den Warenkorb mit folgenden Artikeln gef?llt haben aber den Einkauf nicht vollst?ndig durchgef?hrt haben. ' . "\n\n" . 'Inhalt Ihres Warenkorbes:'."\n\n".'%s' . "\n\n" . 'Wir sind immer bem?ht unseren Service im Interesse unserer Kunden zu verbessern. Aus diesem Grund interessiert es uns nat?rlich, was die Ursachen daf?r waren, Ihren Einkauf dieses Mal nicht bei '. STORE_NAME . ' zu t?tigen. Wir w?ren Ihnen daher sehr dankbar, wenn Sie uns mitteilen w?rden, ob Sie bei Ihrem Besuch in unsererm Onlineshop Probleme oder Bedenken hatten den Einkauf erfolgreich abzuschlie?en. Uns Ziel ist es Ihnen und anderen Kunden den Einkauf bei '. STORE_NAME . ' leichter und besser zu gestalten. '."\n\n". 'Nochmals, vielen Dank f?r Ihre Zeit und Ihre Hilfe den Onlineshop von '. STORE_NAME . ' zu verbessern.' . "\n\n". 'Mit freundlichen Gr??en' . "\n". 'Ihr Team von ' . STORE_NAME . "\n". HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . "\n");

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Recover Cart Sales v1.0');
define('DAYS_FIELD_PREFIX', 'Zeige letzen ');
define('DAYS_FIELD_POSTFIX', ' Tage ');
define('DAYS_FIELD_BUTTON', 'Anzeigen');
define('TABLE_HEADING_DATE', 'Datum');
define('TABLE_HEADING_CONTACT', 'kontaktieren?');
define('TABLE_HEADING_CUSTOMER', 'Kunden Name');
define('TABLE_HEADING_EMAIL', 'E-Mail');
define('TABLE_HEADING_PHONE', 'Telefon');
define('TABLE_HEADING_MODEL', 'Artikel');
define('TABLE_HEADING_DESCRIPTION', 'Beschreibung');
define('TABLE_HEADING_QUANTY', 'Menge');
define('TABLE_HEADING_PRICE', 'Preis');
define('TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL', 'Summe');
define('TABLE_GRAND_TOTAL', 'Summe netto Gesamt: ');
define('TABLE_CART_TOTAL', 'Summe netto: ');
define('PSMSG', 'Zus?tzliche Nachricht (PS) am Ende der Mail: ');
?>

<?php
/*
 $Id: report_recover_cart_sales.php,v 2.0 2003/10/24 21:01:31 $

report_recover_cart_sales contrib: JM Ivler 11/23/03
 (c) Ivler/ osCommerce
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('BASE_DAYS', '3');
define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Recover Cart Sales Report v1.0');
define('DAYS_FIELD_PREFIX', 'Zeige die letzen ');
define('DAYS_FIELD_POSTFIX', ' Tage ');
define('DAYS_FIELD_BUTTON', 'OK');
define('TABLE_HEADING_CUSTOMER', 'KUNDEN NAME');
define('RECORDS', 'In ?berpr?fung befindliche Datens?tze:');
define('SALES', 'Verk?ufe:');
?>

Gru? Matthias

Thanks Matthias

This works really well! (using MS2) I did a reply to one of my test accounts, and the PS text came just after the Cart Contents, and before the "We are always interested in knowing what..." text.

The Readme file said the PS mesage would be after the signature...

(This was tested on a customer acount that had previosly made a purchase from the store)

This works really well! (using MS2) I did a reply to one of my test accounts, and the PS text came just after the Cart Contents, and before the "We are always interested in knowing what..." text.

I'll take a look at that.

this contribution is awsome. I already have customer coming back after sending them the email reminder. Great job Met00 and thanks to bodyfeelings for the geman translation.

PS I was wondering if this is allowed, looking up what customer havent puchased and sending them a reminder. E-Commerce Laws??

Steven

:D :) :rolleyes:

Hi!

Great job, Met00!

I have just posted on the contributions site un updated package that contains polish and german (by bodyfeelings) translations. I also have moved some things to the language files, namely the "Send e-mail" button description and the "Back to report" text.

By the way, on my site the contrib DOES put the PS message after the signature, contrary to what ahearn suggested.

I think I've installed this contribution as it should have been installed but when I search for "abadoned carts" I have:

Examined Records: 0

Sales: 0

And it doesn't matter how much days I check.

I know there is my test abadoned cart and it's not showing.

The scart database is empty. (Just as it was when it was added).

Could anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Raul

By the way, on my site the contrib DOES put the PS message after the signature, contrary to what ahearn suggested.

That's good, because I have yet to be able to duplicate the issue.

I think I've installed this contribution as it should have been installed but when I search for "abadoned carts" I have:

Examined Records: 0

Sales: 0

And it doesn't matter how much days I check.

I know there is my test abadoned cart and it's not showing.

The scart database is empty. (Just as it was when it was added).

Could anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Raul

If you have a cart that you have sent e-mail to, and the scart table is empty, then it did not write to the table. Did you add the table name to application_top.php?

If you have a cart that you have sent e-mail to, and the scart table is empty, then it did not write to the table. Did you add the table name to application_top.php?

I haven't send any e-mail yet because I don't see any cart.

I did write the name of the table in the application_top.php.

I checked the customer cart table and there are carts (but no final price) and date.

My shop is MS2. Only polish languge and the date format is changed to d m Y. Maybe that's the problem?

Kind regards,

Raul

Edited by raul

This might sound pretty stupid but I am new to these contributions and some of it can be pretty daunting. I have followed the instructions included in the read me file for this contribution but I am unsure of one thing. It says

the new SQL table

CREATE TABLE `scart` (

`scartid` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,

`customers_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL ,

`dateadded` VARCHAR( 8 ) NOT NULL ,

PRIMARY KEY ( `scartid` )

);

and then later says

Create the database table scart

I have no idea where or how to create this database. After hours of searching and reading, I am hoping that someone here can lend a hand. I think that this is all that is left for me to do to get this contribution up and running. Thanks.

Met00,

This is a fantastic contribution! Thanks for you hard work!

Do you use VJ's Link Manager, by chance? If so, have you considered adding the email and color coding to his admin reports? I've managed to hack together several canned emails to use with the Links Mgr mod, along with a modified report, but I don't have the ability to color code in any meaningful way or select multiple contacts to send a "personalized" form letter in bulk.

Thanks again for a great mod!

Lee

This might sound pretty stupid but I am new to these contributions and some of it can be pretty daunting. I have followed the instructions included in the read me file for this contribution but I am unsure of one thing. It says

the new SQL table

CREATE TABLE `scart` (

`scartid` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,

`customers_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL ,

`dateadded` VARCHAR( 8 ) NOT NULL ,

PRIMARY KEY ( `scartid` )

);

and then later says

Create the database table scart

I have no idea where or how to create this database. After hours of searching and reading, I am hoping that someone here can lend a hand. I think that this is all that is left for me to do to get this contribution up and running. Thanks.

you have to create a new table. This is generally done using a tool like MyPHPAdmin which interfaces to the database. Then you runn the SQL (create table code) in the SQL box of the tool.

I haven't send any e-mail yet because I don't see any cart.

I did write the name of the table in the application_top.php.

I checked the customer cart table and there are carts (but no final price) and date.

My shop is MS2. Only polish languge and the date format is changed to d m Y. Maybe that's the problem?

Kind regards,

Raul

Hi,

I'm using polish translation (exactly the one posted in the contribution section), have d-m-y date format and everything works fine for me. Maybe you don't see any carts in recover_cart_sales.php simply because there was nobody who put items in the cart and didn't finished the checkout procedure?

My hint: set up a account by yourself, put something in the cart and then check the recover carts in the admin section once again.

Met00,

This is a fantastic contribution! Thanks for you hard work!

Do you use VJ's Link Manager, by chance? If so, have you considered adding the email and color coding to his admin reports? I've managed to hack together several canned emails to use with the Links Mgr mod, along with a modified report, but I don't have the ability to color code in any meaningful way or select multiple contacts to send a "personalized" form letter in bulk.

Thanks again for a great mod!

Lee

No, I don't use the links controller. Feel free to steal from my code to make the changes you want to make in VJ's.

Met00,

How about making the e-mail even more personalized and include things like date added or the cart value to the message sent?

This information is already retrieved by the report, so this should be pretty easy, don't you think?

I'm using polish translation (exactly the one posted in the contribution section), have d-m-y date format and everything works fine for me. Maybe you don't see any carts in recover_cart_sales.php simply because there was nobody who put items in the cart and didn't finished the checkout procedure?

My hint: set up a account by yourself, put something in the cart and then check the recover carts in the admin section once again.

I did it , and there is nothing. I used my account and I added one product to the cart and I have left the shop after choosing payment option.

Kind regards,

Raul

PS. Thanks for sugestion.

Edited by raul

I did it , and there is nothing. I used my account and I added one product to the cart and I have left the shop after choosing payment option.

Kind regards,

Raul

PS. Thanks for sugestion.

1. Have you tried using the Unsold Cart Report contribution available at http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1598 ? If you also have problems with this contrib there should be something wrong at your site. Maybe you should try to reinstall the contribution and make sure you did follow the install instructions properly.

2. Do you get any errors when launching recover_cart_sales.php, e.g. parse errors? If yes, the problem liest probably in a forgotten parenthesis or hyphen in the code or something like this.

1. Have you tried using the Unsold Cart Report contribution available at http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1598 ? If you also have problems with this contrib there should be something wrong at your site. Maybe you should try to reinstall the contribution and make sure you did follow the install instructions properly.

2. Do you get any errors when launching recover_cart_sales.php, e.g. parse errors? If yes, the problem liest probably in a forgotten parenthesis or hyphen in the code or something like this.

1. I will try the other contribution.

2. No, everything looks ok, except that it doesn't work. After "executing" search nothing is found.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Raul

The other contribution works perfectly. @_@

I will try to add the this contribution once again.

Kind regards,

Raul

PS. Why in the Unsold carts the filename:

define('FILENAME_STATS_UNSOLD_CARTS', 'stats_unsold_carts.php');

you need to add definition into /admin/includes/filenames.php and in the Recover carts filename goes into /admin/includes/application_top.php ?

Edited by raul