• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recover Cart Sales

I do have a small problem. If i enabled the Show Attributes function in the Configuration panel then i get the error below:

1054 - Unknown column 'po.products_options_name' in 'field list'

select cba.products_id pid, po.products_options_name poname, pov.products_options_values_name povname from customers_basket_attributes cba, products_options po, products_options_values pov, languages l where cba.products_id ='58{1}28' and cba.customers_id = 27 and po.products_options_id = cba.products_options_id and pov.products_options_values_id = cba.products_options_value_id and po.language_id = 1 and pov.language_id = 1

Hmmm... I am not sure but I'd look to make sure your 'products_options' table has a 'products_options_name' field. The problem is most likely a difference in databases (ie, dependency or changes by a contribution) or a bug in the code (ie, bad field name).

• 1 month later...
Yay!!! You were right, one of the settings that didn't affect the other functions was wrong, so now it works.... Thx

Hi, I guess I've the same problem, but I don't find how to solve it.

Mails (and other stuffs like that) works in the admn part, but not in RCS.

I've found that in recover_cart_sales.php (at line ~150) there is a conditionnal on $custid.

What's this?

When I try to send e-mail, it never go through this conditionnal.

-- Sorry for my english -- :blush:

• 1 month later...
Is there any code available to send an automated email to customers that still have an abandoned cart after x-number of days?

There is not an automated method, no. It's problimatic, as there would be a lot of emails sent to people who actually did purchase.

I have just installed this with no problem and I am not getting any errors. I am having problems sending email from the tools>Recover Cart Sales page. I check the customer and select send mail and it just refreshes the page. Am I suppose to get some kind of conformation that it was sent. I have it set to send copies in the configuration but I am not getting anything. Is their a fix for this?

-Thanks

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

This was installed on my site and working fine, but for some reason, it no longer works. The server was upgraded to mysql5 and I have done all of the modifications needed to make oscommerce work on mysql5 but the recover cart sales function is not working any longer. When I click on the link in the admin area to go to recover cart sales it tries to load a new page, but never does. The page just sits there and tries and tries to load, but never does. I looked at the scart table in the database and it shows the last entry being about 2 months ago, which is when the upgrade to mysql5 was done. So it seems that no new information is being collected in the database, and that I cannot get to the admin area of recover cart sales. Any idea what I can do to correct this? I really loved this contribution and it is driving us mad to not be able to use it!

Thank you,

David Henderson

I have just installed this with no problem and I am not getting any errors. I am having problems sending email from the tools>Recover Cart Sales page. I check the customer and select send mail and it just refreshes the page. Am I suppose to get some kind of conformation that it was sent. I have it set to send copies in the configuration but I am not getting anything. Is their a fix for this?

Most likely this is a configuration issue. Sending emails is the most difficult part. I had to enable the logging options (might be labeled debug or logging in the RCS options), then look at the server logs to figure out my issues. These ranged from a wrong password to using the wrong connection type/information.

This was installed on my site and working fine, but for some reason, it no longer works. The server was upgraded to mysql5 and I have done all of the modifications needed to make oscommerce work on mysql5 but the recover cart sales function is not working any longer. When I click on the link in the admin area to go to recover cart sales it tries to load a new page, but never does. The page just sits there and tries and tries to load, but never does. I looked at the scart table in the database and it shows the last entry being about 2 months ago, which is when the upgrade to mysql5 was done. So it seems that no new information is being collected in the database, and that I cannot get to the admin area of recover cart sales. Any idea what I can do to correct this? I really loved this contribution and it is driving us mad to not be able to use it!

First, the scart table is only used to track which carts have had an email sent, it is not used to track the sales.

Most likely the update to the osC code to handle mysql5 changed a table or some data that RCS is looking for, and that's why it's spinning. It might also be some type of interaction between the osC data and the old scart data, and I'd recommend just deleting all the scart table entries. (this is safe to do).

In such a case, I'd start putting echo's to the screen in the web page to let me know how far into the logic I was getting, then I could narrow it down to exactly which database query was the issue.

First, the scart table is only used to track which carts have had an email sent, it is not used to track the sales.

Most likely the update to the osC code to handle mysql5 changed a table or some data that RCS is looking for, and that's why it's spinning. It might also be some type of interaction between the osC data and the old scart data, and I'd recommend just deleting all the scart table entries. (this is safe to do).

In such a case, I'd start putting echo's to the screen in the web page to let me know how far into the logic I was getting, then I could narrow it down to exactly which database query was the issue.

OK, well I've odne a little more digging, and I did see what you are talking about with the database. I got the recover cart sales to work maybe 2 times out of 100 tries. Once I sent off a weeks worth of abandoned carts, the dates of those showed up in the scart table. So I now know that it isn't about it collecting data.

Here is what is really odd, I set up hosting on another server at another host and didn't change anything with the recover cart sales contribution, and it worked wonderfully! So it seems that there must be some sort of conflict. It also seems that it is getting bogged down in the queries somewhere, because it is trying to work, and did work like I said, 2 times out of 100 tries. However, I find it really odd that if it is just bogging down, I don't get that time out error or anything. Any new ideas based on the info I gave here possibly?:)

Thank you,

David Henderson

P.S.

It is version 2.22 that is on there now, so today I am going to try installing version 2.22c and see if that helps.

Most likely this is a configuration issue. Sending emails is the most difficult part. I had to enable the logging options (might be labeled debug or logging in the RCS options), then look at the server logs to figure out my issues. These ranged from a wrong password to using the wrong connection type/information.

Thank you for your reply. I figured it was a configuration issue but I have looked everywhere. I have fancier invoice and packing slip contribution install which emails html invoices. That wouldn't interefer with it sending emails would it? My CCGV emails get sent and they are text.

I don't have this debug or logging in the RCS options. Is thier something else I can look into?

-Thanks

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone?

Thank you for your reply. I figured it was a configuration issue but I have looked everywhere. I have fancier invoice and packing slip contribution install which emails html invoices. That wouldn't interefer with it sending emails would it? My CCGV emails get sent and they are text.

I don't have this debug or logging in the RCS options. Is thier something else I can look into?

-Thanks

Ok I have fixed this.

Look in admin/recover_cart_sales.php

For:

//link_post_variable('custid');	// fix to allow turning off register_globals in php - does not work w/standard osC (requires some other mod!)

Change to:

link_post_variable('custid');	// fix to allow turning off register_globals in php - does not work w/standard osC (requires some other mod!)

This seems to have to be uncommented if you have the register globals patch installed.

Hi there,

I'm not sure if i missed this in the thread, but hopefully someone will be able to tell me..?

I'd like to show the attribute price and have it included in the total.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dave

• 4 weeks later...
I just installed the module, everything seems to work fine, but, after tried a test buying attemp, (cart abandon) the sales tool does not show me any cart abandoned.

what is wrong

Could be a number of things; your RCS settings could be filtering your cart out (based on a previous matching order for instance), could be the date range, etc. Check the configuration panel for RCS and play with the settings.

The way osC handles abandoned carts makes it tough to get a 100% match.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok I have fixed this.

Look in admin/recover_cart_sales.php

For:

//link_post_variable('custid');	// fix to allow turning off register_globals in php - does not work w/standard osC (requires some other mod!)

Change to:

link_post_variable('custid');	// fix to allow turning off register_globals in php - does not work w/standard osC (requires some other mod!)

This seems to have to be uncommented if you have the register globals patch installed.

To confirm this... I ran into the same problem with the emailing. We don't have any register_globals mod installed, but by default our host has register_globals=off so we used the php.ini > register_globals=on fix. And what got everything working was uncommenting the line mentioned by Silverado05 (thank you!).

-Thuan

Thuan Nguyen

Hi.

I have Recover Cart Sales on two shops, eearlier versions.

On the third shop I have the latest osc and the latest RCS. It looks ok, but emails are'nt sent, the page just refreshes.

So I tried the fix mentioned above: uncommenting the following line

//link_post_variable('custid'); // fix to allow turning off register_globals in php - does not work w/standard osC (requires some other mod!)

IOt doesn't work for me, I get this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function link_post_variable() in /home/xxxxx/public_html/admin/recover_cart_sales.php on line 29

So, please, any other solutions? Thank you.

First off, thanks for this great contribution. I can see this recovering alot of loss revenue as well as helping me tweak my site.

I am not sure if this was discussed before, however I have abandoned carts that were abandoned AFTER CHECKOUT. THe customer checked out via paypal_IPN as their payment process. However, they never completed the sale at paypal. How do I get the Recover Cart module to recognize this (or maybe manually add it)?

First off, thanks for this great contribution. I can see this recovering alot of loss revenue as well as helping me tweak my site.

I get lots of good feedback from this, especially when something stops working that's not obvious (like postage for instance).

I am not sure if this was discussed before, however I have abandoned carts that were abandoned AFTER CHECKOUT. THe customer checked out via paypal_IPN as their payment process. However, they never completed the sale at paypal. How do I get the Recover Cart module to recognize this (or maybe manually add it)?

I get these showing up in my store. These are "pending" orders and as such can be filtered in or out from incomplete orders. Look in your setup, in the "Configuration" section for RCS settings.

Hi.

I have Recover Cart Sales on two shops, eearlier versions.

On the third shop I have the latest osc and the latest RCS. It looks ok, but emails are'nt sent, the page just refreshes.

So I tried the fix mentioned above: uncommenting the following line

//link_post_variable('custid'); // fix to allow turning off register_globals in php - does not work w/standard osC (requires some other mod!)

IOt doesn't work for me, I get this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function link_post_variable() in /home/xxxxx/public_html/admin/recover_cart_sales.php on line 29

So, please, any other solutions? Thank you.

From previous posts on the topic, it looks like you might need to have the "globals" contribution installed as well. I don't have a store on a server where this is possible as of yet, so I am unable to test this particular issue.

I get lots of good feedback from this, especially when something stops working that's not obvious (like postage for instance).

I get these showing up in my store. These are "pending" orders and as such can be filtered in or out from incomplete orders. Look in your setup, in the "Configuration" section for RCS settings.

Thanks so much for the reply. I must have been really sleepy when I checked the configuration box, I swear I did not see that option. Thanks for showing me!! I changed the settings to allow Preparing [Paypal IPN] and now those abandoned carts appear in the list.

Thanks again!!

Lionel

From previous posts on the topic, it looks like you might need to have the "globals" contribution installed as well. I don't have a store on a server where this is possible as of yet, so I am unable to test this particular issue.

Well, I did this: I read the instructions on how to make Register Globals work with some contribution. I added this code to the bottom of admin/includes/application_top.php:

function px(&$arr, $arr_name)

{

if (sizeof($arr))

{

print "---------- <br />";

print $arr_name . "<br />";

}

foreach($arr as $key => $v)

{

print " ".$key." -> '".$v."'<br />";

}

}

px($_GET, "GET");

px($_POST, "POST");

// px($_COOKIE, "COOKIE");

// px($_SERVER, "SERVER");

// px($_ENV, "ENV");

// px($_FILES, "FILES");

When I hit The Send Email Button in Recover cart Sales this is the error I'm getting on top of the page:

----------

custid -> 'Array'

message -> ''

submit_button -> 'Send E-mail'

Obviously, I have no clue what to do next....

So, if I uncomment the line:

// link_post_variable('custid'); // fix to allow turning off register_globals in php - does not work w/standard osC (requires some other mod!)

I get this error in recover cart sales on a blank page:

----------

custid -> 'Array'

message -> ''

submit_button -> 'Send E-mail'

Fatal error: Call to undefined function link_post_variable() in /home/magcop/public_html/admin/recover_cart_sales.php on line 29

What's to do? Define somewhere that function? Where and how? In general.php? How? Doesn't the new version of osc come with Register Globals Patch installed? I guess it does, since I don't have problems and errors about php.ini (the server has register Globals disabled).

It's complicated since I'm a bit of a stranger to php and I'm learning as I go, usually from my own mistakes and with your help. :-" :-" :rolleyes:

Where would this function be? In admin/functions/general.php ? Because if the error says it's undefined, it means I should define it somewhere...

Wow, I'm lost! Please, some help!

I found the solution! I added the code to define the function in admin/includes/functions/general.php - I took it from the Register Globals Patch contrib :

// >>> BEGIN REGISTER_GLOBALS

// Work-around functions to allow disabling of register_globals in php.ini

// These functions perform a similar operation as the 'link_session_variable'

// function added to .../functions/sessions.php but for the GET, POST, etc

// variables

//

// Parameters:

// var_name - Name of session variable

//

// Returns:

// None

function link_get_variable($var_name)

{

// Map global to GET variable

if (isset($_GET[$var_name]))

{

$GLOBALS[$var_name] =& $_GET[$var_name];

}

}

function link_post_variable($var_name)

{

// Map global to POST variable

if (isset($_POST[$var_name]))

{

$GLOBALS[$var_name] =& $_POST[$var_name];

}

}

// <<< END REGISTER_GLOBALS

I just hope I don't run into other problems...