• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recover Cart Sales

Hi there I have nearly finished instaing this contribution but I'm have a couple of problems on my admin area in tools recover cart sales I get this

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_products_special_price() in /home/s/e/sewdevine/public_html/admin/recover_cart_sales.php on line 500

Please if anyone could help me that would be great.

I'm having problems understanding Step 9:

If any body can shead some light on this a bit easyer I can not understand what I have to copy and paste do I copy text in first box or look for this text and paste it into what looks like the second box ??

Please help I'm at the end of my teather any help would be great.

:thumbsup: Thank you very very much

Hi Ian,

The error you have is because you haven't completed that step 9.

The function "tep_get_products_special_price()" is what permits osCommerce to find out the price of products in special. Normaly this function is used only in the storefront (and not in the admin section) so that's why it is not available in the admin - and that's why you are having this error.

So you need to copy *your* "tep_get_products_special_price()" function from *your* /catalog/includes/functions/general.php into /catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php

So just open your file /catalog/includes/functions/general.php

search in it for:

tep_get_products_special_price

and copy all the block of code of this function (until the beginning of the next function).

Then paste that in /catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php (anywhere in between 2 functions).

And that's it, it will work...

Regards,

-Ben

Hi Ian,

The function "tep_get_products_special_price()" is what permits osCommerce to find out the price of products in special. Normaly this function is used only in the storefront (and not in the admin section) so that's why it is not available in the admin - and that's why you are having this error.

So you need to copy *your* "tep_get_products_special_price()" function from *your* /catalog/includes/functions/general.php into /catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php

search in it for:

and copy all the block of code of this function (until the beginning of the next function).

Then paste that in /catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php (anywhere in between 2 functions).

Regards,

-Ben

Dera Ben,

Hi Ian,

search in it for:

Regards,

-Ben

Dear Ben,

I'm still have problems I have pm you. Thanks :thumbsup:

Have no idea if this has been asked before, after skimming through this topic I couldnt find it.

What is the matter: I have taken over for a friend of mine to keep his osCommerce shop up to date. There was a version of Recover Cart Sales installed, but after moving it from one server to another, and then again from that server to another, it was lost somewhere.

In the configuration you can still see the recover cart sales option, but not in the reports and/or tools. Also in the database i see the scart table, but nothing in the admin side of the site.

First of all, I dont know which version of recover cart sales was installed, so i dont know how i have to upgrade to the latest version. Else, is it possible to do a new install,run the sql queries, and start afresh?

Have no idea if this has been asked before, after skimming through this topic I couldnt find it.

What is the matter: I have taken over for a friend of mine to keep his osCommerce shop up to date. There was a version of Recover Cart Sales installed, but after moving it from one server to another, and then again from that server to another, it was lost somewhere.

In the configuration you can still see the recover cart sales option, but not in the reports and/or tools. Also in the database i see the scart table, but nothing in the admin side of the site.

First of all, I dont know which version of recover cart sales was installed, so i dont know how i have to upgrade to the latest version. Else, is it possible to do a new install,run the sql queries, and start afresh?

Hi PieterToo,

First you could try to look if the files of RCS are still there. These are:

/catalog/admin/recover_cart_sales.php

/catalog/admin/stats_recover_cart_sales.php

+ the same 2 files in:

/catalog/admin/includes/languages/[your_language]/

(I suppose that you still have some of these files, otherwise you would have spoken about some errors in the Configuration area.)

Then if you open these files, the version should be written at the top.

I think that it is simply that you somehow found yourself with an un-updated version of your

/catalog/admin/includes/boxes/reports.php and of your

/catalog/admin/includes/boxes/tools.php

So there is a good chance that you would only need to perfrom the Steps 7 and 8 of the installation instructions to fix your problem. (Download the package again to see the installation instructions.)

I would also suggest to go through all the installation steps to *verify* if they have been done. (Don't import the sql file again without verifying if it's not already there! Verify first, using phpMyAdmin or other.)

You will fix your problem that way.

Regards,

-Ben

Any chance of making customers' carts editable, like the status, etc.? Recover carts Sales and Held orders each only does part of what I need. SOmehow, someone managed to pay with PayPal but didn't return back to the site. That's something Held Orders should have got, but for some reason, didn't. The order is showing up in my Recover Cart Sales page. I have no way to edit it or change it's status. The person has paid. I contacted them looking like an idiot, asking them to log back in and select Check/MO option and check out. She hasn't so far. They never do when this happens. I have no way of moving it to Held Orders, only emailing them.

It would be great if orders and status could be editted from the Recover Cart Sales page; they could be moved, to one of the statuses?

PS -- I did look through the contributions for something to edit customers' carts with but found nothing.

Edited by Sanguinarius

--Sanguinarius

If you're reading this, I'm probably pulling my hair out. ;>

*waiting for osCommerce 3.0 alpha 6* (I'm after the coupons.)

It would be great if orders and status could be editted from the Recover Cart Sales page; they could be moved, to one of the statuses?

PS -- I did look through the contributions for something to edit customers' carts with but found nothing.

The 'Master Password' Contribution should help you if the items are in the customer's shopping cart. You can then log in as the customer and complete the transaction.

Hi PieterToo,

Text here :)

Regards,

-Ben

Ben, thanks, with your answer i could get it to work again. Just have one ?problem? now, when in recover cart sales configuration, many items there are double? so twice the question how many days you want to get back, and several more. The version installed was 1.4, and i have ugraded to the latest version now. could this be the cause of those double lines in the confuguration screen?

Ben, thanks, with your answer i could get it to work again. Just have one ?problem? now, when in recover cart sales configuration, many items there are double? so twice the question how many days you want to get back, and several more. The version installed was 1.4, and i have ugraded to the latest version now. could this be the cause of those double lines in the confuguration screen?

Hi PieterToo,

It looks like you have twice the SQL entries for RCS in your MySQL database. You probably have imported the SQL data a second time.

Using phpMyAdmin, look in your table "configuration".

(First, make a backup of your database! Most important step! :) )

There will be a lot of stuff there, and looking carefully you will find the entries relating to RCS.

Hint: The "configuration_group_id" for the entries of RCS should be 6501.

You will probably notice some double entries, that you will need to remove to fix your problem.

Regards,

-Ben

Hi PieterToo,

It looks like you have twice the SQL entries for RCS in your MySQL database. You probably have imported the SQL data a second time.

Using phpMyAdmin, look in your table "configuration".

(First, make a backup of your database! Most important step! :) )

There will be a lot of stuff there, and looking carefully you will find the entries relating to RCS.

Hint: The "configuration_group_id" for the entries of RCS should be 6501.

You will probably notice some double entries, that you will need to remove to fix your problem.

Regards,

-Ben

You were right, i had double entries in my database, even though i think i followed the update instructions precisely. Anyway, no problem, they are gone now. now i have one last problem, which ?probably? has to do with the moving of the oscommerce database from a mysql4 database to a mysql5 database, without making the needed amendments first.

this is the error message i get:

Working...

Warning: mktime() expects parameter 1 to be long, string given in /mounted-storage/home41b/sub001/sc26924-LGMZ/avon.verzorgingsproducten.info/avonshop/admin/stats_recover_cart_sales.php on line 27

Done!

Any ideas about this? it has to do with how the substrings are "extracted" from the date-parm i think, but how and what, i dont know

You were right, i had double entries in my database, even though i think i followed the update instructions precisely. Anyway, no problem, they are gone now. now i have one last problem, which ?probably? has to do with the moving of the oscommerce database from a mysql4 database to a mysql5 database, without making the needed amendments first.

this is the error message i get:

Working...

Warning: mktime() expects parameter 1 to be long, string given in /mounted-storage/home41b/sub001/sc26924-LGMZ/avon.verzorgingsproducten.info/avonshop/admin/stats_recover_cart_sales.php on line 27

Done!

Any ideas about this? it has to do with how the substrings are "extracted" from the date-parm i think, but how and what, i dont know

Hi PieterToo,

This is a small bug related to MySQL 5. I had it when first installing RCS, and wrote about it in the forums a 1 or 2 pages ago.

Here is my initial post:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1004863

and the solution is a few posts below.

Regards,

-Ben

Hi PieterToo,

This is a small bug related to MySQL 5. I had it when first installing RCS, and wrote about it in the forums a 1 or 2 pages ago.

Here is my initial post:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1004863

and the solution is a few posts below.

Regards,

-Ben

Great... this solved this problem as well :) Thanks Ben.

now up to my next problem, as of today the shop wont send out emails anymore. But that is for another thread :)

Again, thanks Ben.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Everyone!

I was thinking of changing the selected days for the Recover Cart Sales.

I'll explain, I see "Show for last " and I can enter a numeric number.

I want to change that to something a little more intuitive, like a calendar or anything that will let me select dates a little easier.

FYI: I've only got Jr PHP skills. <_<

Any help will be greatly appreciated and once done I'll be sure to share it with everyone.

THANKS! ;)

If you have a serious problem but it can be solved, why worry about it? If you have a serious problem but it can't be solved, then why worry about it?

I think adding a small calendar icon after the text entry box that when clicked on would bring up a calendar selection window would be a great idea.

Be aware that you can't use the date itself, but will need to calculate the difference between the selected date at the current date.

Hey Everyone!

I was thinking of changing the selected days for the Recover Cart Sales.

I'll explain, I see "Show for last " and I can enter a numeric number.

I want to change that to something a little more intuitive, like a calendar or anything that will let me select dates a little easier.

FYI: I've only got Jr PHP skills. <_<

Any help will be greatly appreciated and once done I'll be sure to share it with everyone.

THANKS! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have also installed your contrib and I really like it. But I encouter a 404 error when I try to send out the "reminders" to the customers. I think that this is due to using an SSL proxy. So instead of www.mydomain.com/admin/recover_cart_sales.php I need it this way: www.sslserver.com/mydomain.com/admin/recover_cart_sales.php .

It works fine when I enter the menu from any admin page, and deleting customers also works fine, but sending emails fails.

What exactly do I have to change in the source code? Any help appreciated...

Hi,

I have also installed your contrib and I really like it. But I encouter a 404 error when I try to send out the "reminders" to the customers. I think that this is due to using an SSL proxy. So instead of www.mydomain.com/admin/recover_cart_sales.php I need it this way: www.sslserver.com/mydomain.com/admin/recover_cart_sales.php .

It works fine when I enter the menu from any admin page, and deleting customers also works fine, but sending emails fails.

What exactly do I have to change in the source code? Any help appreciated...

Sounds like the https setting in your configure.php file... but I've never had osc on a proxy setup so I'm not sure.

Sounds like the https setting in your configure.php file... but I've never had osc on a proxy setup so I'm not sure.

Well, actually these settings work fine in the whole admin section. But is there probably a link in the recover_cart_sales.php that is static, that doesn't fall back to the configure.php?

Well, actually these settings work fine in the whole admin section. But is there probably a link in the recover_cart_sales.php that is static, that doesn't fall back to the configure.php?

Yay!!! You were right, one of the settings that didn't affect the other functions was wrong, so now it works.... Thx

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

How do i remove the links from below the products so instead of:

1x Item1

(http://www.storename.com/product1.htm)

1x Item2

(http://www.storename.com/product2.htm)

1x Item3

(http://www.storename.com/product3.htm)

Would be like:

1x Item1

1x Item2

1x Item3

Thank you. And grate contribution.

Hi,

1x Item1

1x Item2

1x Item3

Would be like:

1x Item1

1x Item2

1x Item3

I'm not sure ... I only send or receive plain text email, so this is not something I will be much help on.

However, I think you might be able to turn on "html email" option somewhere in the osCommerce config and it might do what you want. Other than that, it would be a pretty simple edit of the code that generates the email to modify it to produce the html you are looking for.

Of course, people like myself that do not accept html emails (since nearly all spam is html and no necessary email is) would not get your stores emails.

Hi,

1x Item1

1x Item2

1x Item3

Would be like:

1x Item1

1x Item2

1x Item3

I got it. Very simple. Opent the file admin/recover_cart_sales.php. in the original file at line 249 look for line:

$mline .= ' <blockquote><a href="' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id='. $inrec['pid']) . '">' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id='. $inrec['pid']) . "</a></blockquote>\n\n";

And Replace with:

$mline .= '';

Then at line 251 look for:

$mline .= ' (' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id='. $inrec['pid']).")\n\n";

And replace with:

$mline .= '';

This will remove the links to the products from under each product. Then you need to drop one line between the past ptoduct and footer text. To do that find the code $email .= EMAIL_TEXT_BODY_HEADER . $mline . EMAIL_TEXT_BODY_FOOTER; arownd line 278 and replace it with $email .= EMAIL_TEXT_BODY_HEADER . $mline . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_BODY_FOOTER;

That is it. You may want to remove those links for several reason:

- The email will look like spamm with a lot of links in it and Outlook will consider the email as spam and drop it in the Junk folder, like this your customer will never get the email.

Also, the 'from' in the emails is a bit out of whack. They're coming through as:

"Admin" <Admin [[email protected]]

Not a huge deal, but it's screwing up any replies. Not sure why it's dropping that last '>', but ideally, I'd just like: Admin [[email protected]]

I had the same problem. The problem was in Configuration file. Go to Configuration and then My Store. Look in the E-Mail From field, most likely you have something like Shop <[email protected]>. Anyway the E-Mail From field should be just your email address nothing else.

Ex: E-Mail From [email protected]

This will fix your problem.

I do have a small problem. If i enabled the Show Attributes function in the Configuration panel then i get the error below:

1054 - Unknown column 'po.products_options_name' in 'field list'

select cba.products_id pid, po.products_options_name poname, pov.products_options_values_name povname from customers_basket_attributes cba, products_options po, products_options_values pov, languages l where cba.products_id ='58{1}28' and cba.customers_id = 27 and po.products_options_id = cba.products_options_id and pov.products_options_values_id = cba.products_options_value_id and po.language_id = 1 and pov.language_id = 1