• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 2.0 Support Thread

defender39

go to the store admin, tools, server info. what version of mysql are you working with?

could deal with version 4.1, look in the tips and tricks forum, should be on the front page of threads.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I could see no one has written the Wishlists into Admin yet, and I thought that would be a really nice feature. This is a simple add-on that will create a link in your Reports Box in Admin called "Customer Wishlists". From here you will be able to view all the contents of your customers' wishlists.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1682

-Aaron

• 2 weeks later...
From what I could see no one has written the Wishlists into Admin yet, and I thought that would be a really nice feature. This is a simple add-on that will create a link in your Reports Box in Admin called "Customer Wishlists". From here you will be able to view all the contents of your customers' wishlists.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1682

-Aaron

Aaron,

I think this looks like it could be a great addition, but I am experiencing this problem:

1054 - Unknown column 'c.customers_group_name' in 'field list'

select a.entry_company, pd.products_name, w.products_id, c.customers_id, c.customers_firstname, c.customers_lastname, c.customers_group_name from customers_wishlist w, products_description pd, customers c left join address_book a on c.customers_id = a.customers_id and c.customers_default_address_id = a.address_book_id where c.customers_id = w.customers_id and w.products_id = pd.products_id group by c.customers_firstname, c.customers_lastname order by c.customers_lastname desc limit 0, 20

[TEP STOP]

Looks like you are still missing some of the code specific to your install of OSC.

Dennis is right as always. The problem you are experiencing is due to the fact that you are not using separate pricing levels. Sorry. I think there is info in the install file about this.

-Aaron

The instructions cover what to do if you WANT to use Separate Pricing:

3) If you use the Separate Pricing Contribution you may want to uncomment a couple of lines in the stats_wishlists.php file so you can also have a column displayed that will show you the given customer's price group name.

Edited by pnkranger

Dblake,

Any news on the new version you started working on in April? When will it be ready for release?

Thanks!

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

I'm thinking of adding this contribution to my site, but I have a quick question.

Can other people view someone's wish list online (other than receiving the email notification?). For instance, is there a search box on the homepage that will allow for a search of wish lists by last name?

Thanks!!

Help I just installed this contribution MyWishlist v1.03

and am getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: bts_select() in /home/Name/public_html/shop/includes/boxes/wishlist.php on line 26

Thought I did everything right

This is the code:

<?php
/*
 $Id: shopping_wishlist.php, Alex Ponomaryov, 2.11.2004

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

$boxHeading = BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST;

$corner_left = 'square';

$corner_right = 'square';

$box_base_name = 'wishlist'; // for easy unique box template setup (added BTSv1.2)

$boxLink = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST) . '">';

$box_id = $box_base_name . 'Box';  // for CSS styling paulm (editted BTSv1.2)

$boxContent = '';
include (bts_select('boxes', $box_base_name)); // BTS 1.5

?>

I could really use some help .... PLEASE!

D

Thats not the same wishlist as the one here, and the one you have installed is modified for the BTS template system.

And on the next release for wishlist, I have most of it done but I have been so busy I haven't had time to complete it. If someone wants to take over then by all means, I will upload all the files and let you have at it. If not, I prolly won't have time for another month. The next step on my agenda was the public showing of the wishlist. Cleaned up most of the code and dropped the queries down to about +/- 2 queries per item pending if it had attributes or not. And I got the attributes working correctly to where you can have the same item with different attributes added and it treats it as a different product. The one now does not do that I dont think. I will try and get the 3.0 beta up as soon as I can. It will not be an update to the previous, it will be a new install so you would have to uninstall the old one. But like I said, I took on a big project and haven't had time to complete it or get it to where I can upload it as beta.

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

This is a great contribution and I really appreciate it. :D

I know you are working on a new version already, but I was wondering if you (or any other kind person reading this forum) knew how to make it so that attributes show up in the e-mail along with the product names.

Specifically, I have a clothing shop. So the Wishlist e-mail gives out the name of the piece of clothing the person wants but doesn't list their size or preferred color. That info is stored in the Wishlist, so it's just a matter of getting it into the e-mail. Unfortunately, I'm a bit php illiterate, so if someone has already done this or can easily explain to me how to do it, that would be awesome.

Many Thanks,

Adrienne

PS - If it hasn't been done before, perhaps it can get added to your next version update. :D

Yea if you add in a small shirt, then add in a large of the same product, it should just replace the small with a large basically. I have fixed that in the new version. Only thing holding me up is time ;).

Dennis

So in the new version, will the attributes be included in the e-mail? Is there any way to do that with the current version and a few code mods in the e-mail?

Adrienne

Well in the new version, I changed it to have a link emailed to whom ever and they click the link and see your whole wishlist. Then they can add the products from that page str8 to their shopping cart. But it doesnt remove them from your list its a different page that makes your wishlist public so everyone can see, they just cant modify it.

Dennis

Dblake,

I'd be glad to help but my coding ability is limited, so let me know if you need another I will give it my best!

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

Hi all

I have 2 problems:

1. I'd like to use qtpro 4.2 and wishlist 2.3.

The problem is, if I add a product to the wishlist the attributes are not written to the database.

Without the QTPro mod everything works fine.

Did anyone get to work these two things together?

2. Wishlist 2.3 also seems to have a problem with group discount.

It add's a discout to products which are already on a special price. When I add the wish to the basket the price is correct!

e.g.

1 book special price $ 7.00

Discount does no apply to special prices so the price in the wishlist is dispayed as $ 6.30 (if 10% discount)

When added to basket the price is on $ 7.00 again!!

Where's the bug?

Thanks for your help :)

2. Wishlist 2.3 also seems to have a problem with group discount.

It add's a discout to products which are already on a special price. When I add the wish to the basket the price is correct!

e.g.

1 book special price $ 7.00

Discount does no apply to special prices so the price in the wishlist is dispayed as $ 6.30 (if 10% discount)

When added to basket the price is on $ 7.00 again!!

Where's the bug?

Hi all

I found the solution for this problem :)

Around line 174 in wishlist.php find this :

if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($products['products_id'])) {
                      $products_price = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($products['products_price']+$attributes_addon_price, tep_get_tax_rate($products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price+$attributes_addon_price, tep_get_tax_rate($products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';

and replace by this:

if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($products['products_id'])) {
                      $products_price = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($products['products_price']+$attributes_addon_price, tep_get_tax_rate($products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price_nodiscount($new_price+$attributes_addon_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';

• 2 weeks later...

hey, i installed v2.4b and then added the 'wishlists in admin' ontop, but now when a user is logged in, they see two add to wishlist buttons...

how do i resolve this?

thanks

rich

i just removed the in admin thing cos it was buggy, but still have the same problem! ...

I was getting an error in the admin contribution and resolved it by removing the section:

, c.customers_group_name

The above is found on (around) line 65 in the admin/stats_wishlists.php file.

• 3 weeks later...

Yea you would just need to build it into your sessions. That way it will track through there session. Then if they create an account, then it will transfer to the permanent table same as the shopping cart.

You can just basically add the id as a wish_id to your session and use that to build your temp wish cart and all that. Then if they login, do a check to see if the wish_id is registered and if so, take that id and add it to there permanent wish_list table and do the same thing when they sign up. Get there id after they login and then add it. Then unregister your wish_id.

;)

Dennis