• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 2.0 Support Thread

defender39

it is the same concept, except upon checkout, the customer can list a name in there, of who the gift is purchased for. then the admin can remove the item from the wishlist.

Yea I understand that concept, but not knocking you at all, I think you are relying too much on the customer that way. Most will overlook that field, or put in a wrong name, and leave the admin trying to figure out if its supposed to be removed or not. Then the admin would have to search for the name through there customers. Then if one person fails to input a name, then they risk getting two of the same gift anyway because on that person. My opinion would be that too much confidence is given to the customer. There needs to be some kind of error checking or backup... something. You got a more descriptive idea that will map out your idea. I just think it needs to be more "fool proof".

Update:

I have the product attributes working where it will add multiple same products with different attributes instead of replacing the product.

I have built in the send your wishlist to a friend into the wishlist.php page.

I have the extra emails built in where you can specify how many email inputs you want to display on the wishlist.php page.

I have redone the wishlist button on the product_info.php so its not javascript ran. I did this becuase if a user has javascript turned off, they won't be able to add the product to their wishlist.

Ripped everything out of application_top and moved it to the wishlist.php page. Rewrote it all and only added in two variables to register in application_top if the wishlist button is pressed. Did this as to not to tamper too much with the osc code. Also for scalability as you will only have to update the wishlist.php page.

ToDo:

Build the public wishlist display.

Work on the format.

Move the deleteing of products from the wishlist when you buy it to checkout_process. I'm doing this because someone may add there item to their cart and then they don't checkout. Doing this will only remove the item from the wishlist if the user checks out.

I thought about the quanitity but I dont see a need? Anyone think this is a must?

More updates coming when my time permits.

-Dennis

Edited by dblake

Dennis,

One very handy feature would be for the store owner to have the ability to see all of the items in the customers wishlist.

As the wishlist (to some degree) effects stock in hand, the store owner would get a good idea of what items he may need to stock up on. You could have a case where 50 customers have the same item in their wishlist and within a week it gets purchased.

Maybe some kind of report? I know you could just do this in excel and pull in the info from the db but i think it would be a handy feature to have it in the admin section.

What you think?

I can add that in later if its requested enough. I want to get the main wishlist up and working first. I like the idea so map it out some so we can get a good solid way of displaying that information in the admin.

I ran into a problem with the submit buttons for the wishlist. I had them working fine in firefox, I was using images as the submit buttons and defining a name and a value to them. So when one was pressed it would do one thing and yadda yadda. Well this worked perfectly in firefox but does not work in IE. I have no clue? So right now there are regular submit buttons. If anyone would know why this isnt working? It's very strange to me as I have this working on a different site LOL. Oh well I'm pressing on and I will go back to it. (Wonders if it has to do with the doc type?)

Anyway I am working on it as time permits ;)

-Dennis

ok for all those that are getting a syntax error like this.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

then please see the bug fix which will sort out all your problems...

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=146508

Edited by djmatrix

• 2 weeks later...

Dblake,

If you're working on a new version I might point out a bug I stumbled on. If you deleted a product or make it inactive it seems to still show in the customers wishlist however only the product images for the current products will show.

For example I have 4 wishlist items, one is deleted by admin so my wishlist cart still says 4 items however only 3 are displayed when you view your wishlist....

One other suggestion the wishlist box currently runs a query for every single item in your wishlist. Not a big deal but it can add up on the queries on your database, 10 extra queries for 10 items in the wishlist, if it was optimized correctly it should only be 1 or 2 queries no matter the items I would think.

Edited by homewetbar

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

Could someone please point me to a site where I can see Wishlist in action? I want to see how it works before installing it.

Also, is it set up so anyone can go in and look at (and hopefully purchase something in) someone's wishlist?

TIA!

Jim

Could someone please point me to a site where I can see Wishlist in action?  I want to see how it works before installing it.

Also, is it set up so anyone can go in and look at (and hopefully purchase something in) someone's wishlist? 

TIA!

Jim

Hi Jim,

I have it in action, and I have modded it too ... a "bit".

PM me for details.

Monika

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Dblake,

If you're working on a new version I might point out a bug I stumbled on. If you deleted a product or make it inactive it seems to still show in the customers wishlist however only the product images for the current products will show.

For example I have 4 wishlist items, one is deleted by admin so my wishlist cart still says 4 items however only 3 are displayed when you view your wishlist....

One other suggestion the wishlist box currently runs a query for every single item in your wishlist. Not a big deal but it can add up on the queries on your database, 10 extra queries for 10 items in the wishlist, if it was optimized correctly it should only be 1 or 2 queries no matter the items I would think.

Optimized already, 2 queries per product, 3 if it has attributes.

Dblake,

New version will have a public wishlist for people to see and purchase off of. It just won't remove the item from that paticular persons list. It only allows you to view and add the items to your cart.

Hi,

Im setting up a shop there only members can shop and new account have to manually be accepted by the admin.

But I would like non-members (not registered) to be able to make a wishlist at the shop and send it to a member by email.

I installed 2.4b and this contrib. allmost does it, but It requires following modifications (I think).

1. Be able to make a wishlist without being logged in/registered.

2. Make wishlist id to sessions instead of customer_id. Empty list when the session is lost or email sent.

3. Full support of product attributes (maybe this allready is present in 2.4b?)

4. Quantity needed in wishlist. If easier, there is no problem to solve it like I have to click/add the same product serval times.

Is this possible???

Would be very greatful.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is a flag which allows for not-in-stock (0 quantity) items to be added to the wishlist. Currently, clicking on these just takes you to the wishlist 'cart' with no addition

This would be useful for 'one-off' items which you MAY restock - depending on how many people express an interest.

Thank you

Edited by veral

I've installed the contribution and (for once) it works the first time I did it :)

One thing I can't figure out how to fix though:

on the wishlist page, when it is empty it says "No products are in your Wishlist.

Click here for help on using your Wishlist"

The 'click here' is a link to wishlist_help but it doesn't have the .php extension so the link is broken.

Where do I change this?

Tamsyn

I have installed the Wishlist mod, following the instructions in install.txt. I used the most current version of the mod.

It looks like everything is linked up OK, and the variables which can be edited show up fine in the Configuration admin area.

I experience a problem when I attempt to add an item to my wish list (when logged in as a site user). Each time I attempt to add a product to the list, I receive this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/.nunasybianheater/darkelf1/darkelfcollection.com/main/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /home/.nunasybianheater/darkelf1/darkelfcollection.com/main/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

(the darkelf1/darkelfcollection.com and such are my website address).

I did not edit the actual database.php file when installing this mod. In fact. Any ideas??

Hello,

just installed the latest wishlist. All works fine except that I cannot add products that are out of stock (i.e. quantity is 0) to the list. Any ideas why this might be?

I'm using another mod that displays these products as 'temporary unavailable' and I'd like customers to be able to add them to their wishlists.

Secondly, is there an easy way to put a 'move to wishlist' or 'save for later' (a la amazon) button on the shopping cart page, which moves items from cart to wishlist?

Also, are there any plans to allow guests to have temporary wishlists (perhaps controllable from admin), which are transfered to a user account once the guest signs up?

Thanks in advance and well done on a very good addon, anyway!

Awsome Contribution... Followed the instructions and all went well!! I tested it and sent an email to a friend for my wishlist and received this email:

Hi Jim,

James Newton has created a Wishlist at Hot Stuff Leather and Lace and would like to share it with you.

Here's whats on My Wishlist:

Chain bra w/ leather trim

Check this shit out!

Thank You from,

Hot Stuff Leather and Lace

I love the email option... However, there isn't a link for them to click. Tells them about it, with no way to go view it. Should it not be emailing the link to the wishlist, or at least the products on the wishlist???

Thank you,

jim

ive installed wishlist 2.0b and wishlist simple report. while trying to view my report i stumbled across the fact that the customer_wishlist database fields arent being filled. in my database only product_id, & customers_id are being filled. the product price shows $0.00 no matter what the price really is. yet the customers view of the wishlist as well as the email spits out all the correct details. therefore on the report nothing shows up. it says customer a has 4 products but it should show what they are. im guessing since the db fields are empty it cant read it.

any help???

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I tried this install but am having this issue:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /public_html/includes/filenames.php:77) in /public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /public_html/includes/filenames.php:77) in /public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Thanks.

Steve

ser store_sessions in your configure.php file to mysql

also check your filenames.php file for white space after the last ?>

(no extra lines, etc)

Edited by Mibble

Hello,

I've got a really wierd thing going on with my WishList. When I am logged in as a user from the United States, I can click on the "Move to Cart" button in the Wishlist info box and all works well. However, if I am logged in as a user from any other country, and attempt this same operation, I get the following error from wishlist.php:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-12, 12' at line 1

select * from customers_wishlist where customers_id = '48' order by products_name limit -12, 12

Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this? I'm not that versed in SQL, so I don't know how to look and see if something is corrupt in the database. Thanks.