• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 2.0 Support Thread

defender39

Hi,

I'm using Wishlist v2.3 on MS2.2. Although I am able to add products to the wishlist and can see how many products have been added (example: displaying 1 to 6 of 8 items on your wishlist), the products aren't listed on the wishlist.php page. I don't use the left and right columns, but see the same result there. Before removing the columns, I was able to see how many products were added to the wishlist, but again wasn't able to see the actual products.  <_<

Has anyone else been experiencing the same problems? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I think I understand what you mean. Your basically saying you have, lets say 6 items added to your wishlist, but it says you have 8? So two of them is not showing up correct? What I would do is empty out your wishlist table from phpmyadmin (or fav mysql editor) and start over. If that is the problem you are having, that will fix that issue.

-Dennis

It is in the catalog/includes

I just don't know what to do. It was working fine before I decided to switch to a different wishlist (didn't like it) and then tried to upgrade to the current wishlist. Now everything is out of whack!! OY!

Sounds like you have messed up the wishlist when you installed it. What I would do is do the instructions for both wishlists' backwards and remove it out completely (all the edits anyway, bascially from app_top). Delete out your tables from phpmyadmin (or fav mysql editor) and start the install from scratch. Take your time and read the directions carefully and double check, triple check your work. That should fix any issues you have so long as you take your time and do it right ;)

Good Luck,

Dennis

Edited by dblake

I think I understand what you mean.  Your basically saying you have, lets say 6 items added to your wishlist, but it says you have 8?  So two of them is not showing up correct?  What I would do is empty out your wishlist table from phpmyadmin (or fav mysql editor) and start over.  If that is the problem you are having, that will fix that issue.

-Dennis

I shouldn't have added the 8 in there. I confused you. What I mean is that I have 8 items in the wishlist, 6 of which are on the first page and the other 2 on the second page. I says that I have 8 items in the wishlist but doesn't list any of them. It's just blank where it should list the items (on both pages).

Well it could be a couple of diff problems.

1. When the product is adding to the wishlist, for some reason it isnt recording the product_id with it and therefore has no way of showing the product. To check this login to your fav mysql editor and check the wishlist table, make sure that its recording the product_id with each row, if not troubleshoot from there. If it is...

2. Download the latest copy of wishlist.php and upload it. See if the items display on that one, if they do then its your modified wishlist.php (assuming you have modified it) and troubleshoot from there.

-Dennis

When I looked in the wishlist table, the product id = 0 for all of the items that were "added".

I have tried using this version of the wishlist and tried upgrading to v2.4, but with the same results. I do have the register globals turned off. I'll turn them on and see if it works. Thanks for the tips.

Has anybody had any success modifying Wishlist 2.4 on MS2.2 with STS_Templates? I'm about to attempt it and wanted to know if there was any previous experience I could build on.

I'd very much appreciate any insight, hints, comments on the subject.

If there's any other information I should provide, please let me know.

No need to modify it, it works fine with sts. Unless you use a product_info.php.html template, then you just need to create a variable for the wishlist button in includes/sts_product.php (or w/e that file is).

i've just installed this contribution but have got this error when a customer logs into their account in the right column

1146 - Table 'ejam_database.TABLE_WISHLIST' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_WISHLIST WHERE customers_id = 2 order by products_name

[TEP STOP]

Can anyone tell me how to sort this out

Thanks in advance

i've just installed this contribution but have got this error when a customer logs into their account in the right column

Can anyone tell me how to sort this out

Thanks in advance

Read back thru the install directions you installed something wrong or modifyging the code yourself. I'd also change your database name you just posted the name of it to the world.

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

I am going to update this contribution and re-write some parts to make it better. I would like to get a list together of what people would like to see in the new release. I am planning on adding a new page to display users wishlist publicly, where you can give or email out your wishlist link. Then from that link they can add items from your wishlist directly to their cart. Anyway let me know what would be good and should be added.

-Dennis

Hey there,

I'm not sure if this has been covered of not, but i've had a quick look and i cant see it, so here goes:

I'm having some problems installing this contrib with Hide products from customer groups for SPPC

The problem originates in application_top.php around lines 408

case 'cust_order' :     if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') && isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'])) {
                               if (tep_has_product_attributes($HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'])) {
                                 tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pid']));
                               } else {
                                 $cart->add_cart($HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'], $cart->get_quantity($HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'])+1);
                               }
                             }
                             tep_redirect(tep_href_link($goto, tep_get_all_get_params($parameters)));
                             break;
   }
 }

// include the who's online functions

Now Hide Prods wants me to change the code so it looks like this:

} // end switch
// BOF Separate Pricing Per Customer v4.1, Hide products from groups mod
   } else { // $hide_product is true
    tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT));
   }
// EOF Separate Pricing Per Customer v4.1, Hide products from groups mod
 } // if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']))

and wishlist v2.4 wants me to change it to

case 'cust_order' :     if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') && isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'])) {
                               // Wish List 2.3 Start
                               tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " where products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'] . "' and customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
                               tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST_ATTRIBUTES . " WHERE customers_id=$customer_id AND products_id='" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pid']."'");
                               // Wish List 2.3 End
                               if (tep_has_product_attributes($HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'])) {
                                 tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pid']));
                               } else {
                                 $cart->add_cart($HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'], $cart->get_quantity($HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'])+1);
                               }
                             }
                             break;
// Wish List 2.3 Start
// *****************************************
     // Remove item from the Wish List
     case 'remove_wishlist':
                             tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " where products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'] . "' and customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
                             tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST_ATTRIBUTES . " WHERE customers_id=$customer_id AND products_id= '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'] . "'");
                             tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST));
                             break;
   } // end switch $HTTP_GET_VARS['action']
 } // end if is set $HTTP_GET_VARS['action']

// Shopping cart actions through POST variables from forms
 if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['wishlist_action'])) {
   // redirect the customer to a friendly cookie-must-be-enabled page if cookies are disabled
   if ($session_started == false) {
     tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_COOKIE_USAGE));
   }

$goto = basename($PHP_SELF);
   switch ($HTTP_POST_VARS['wishlist_action']) {
     // Customer wants to update the product quantity in their shopping cart
     case 'add_wishlist' :  if (ereg('^[0-9]+$', $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {
                               if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) {
                                 if ($customer_id > 0) {
           // Queries below replace old product instead of adding to queatity.
                                   tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " where products_id = '" . $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'] . "' and customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
                                   tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " (customers_id, products_id, products_model, products_name, products_price) values ('" . $customer_id . "', '" . $products_id . "', '" . $products_model . "', '" . $products_name . "', '" . $products_price . "' )");
                                   tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST_ATTRIBUTES . " where products_id = '" . $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'] . "' and customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
                                   // Read array of options and values for attributes in id[]
                                   if (isset ($id)) {
                                     foreach($id as $att_option=>$att_value) {
                                       // Add to customers_wishlist_attributes table
                                       tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_WISHLIST_ATTRIBUTES . " (customers_id, products_id, products_options_id , products_options_value_id) values ('" . $customer_id . "', '" . $products_id . "', '" . $att_option . "', '" . $att_value . "' )");
                                     }
                                   }
                                 }
                               }
                             }
                             break;

case 'wishlist_add_cart' :if (ereg('^[0-9]+$', $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {
                                 if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) {
                                 if ($customer_id > 0) {
                                   tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " where products_id = '" . $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'] . "' and customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
                                   tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST_ATTRIBUTES . " where products_id = '" . $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'] . "' and customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
                                   // Read array of options and values for attributes in id[]
                                   if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) && is_numeric($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {
                                      $cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']))+1, $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']);
                                   }
                                   break;
                                 }
                               }
                             }
                             break;

// Wishlist Checkboxes
      case 'add_delete_products_wishlist': 
                                     if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['add_wishprod'])) {
                                        if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['borrar'] == 0) { 
                // 'borrar' form variable refers to deleting products in array $add_wishprod[] from wishlist
                                              foreach ($HTTP_POST_VARS['add_wishprod'] as $value) {
                                                   if (ereg('^[0-9]+$', $value)) {
                                                   $cart->add_cart($value, $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($value, $HTTP_POST_VARS['id'][$value]))+1, $HTTP_POST_VARS['id'][$value]);
                                                   tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " where products_id = $value and customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
                                                   tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST_ATTRIBUTES . " where products_id = '$value' and customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
                                                   }
                                              }
                                        }
                                        if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['borrar'] == 1) {
                                              foreach ($HTTP_POST_VARS['add_wishprod'] as $value) {
                                                   if (ereg('^[0-9]+$', $value)) {    
                                                    tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " where products_id = $value and customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
                                                   tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST_ATTRIBUTES . " where products_id = '$value' and customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
                                                  }
                                             }
                                            tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST));
                                        }
                                     }
                                     break;

} // end switch ($HTTP_POST_VARS['wishlist_action'])
 } // end isset($HTTP_POST_VARS)
// *****************************************
// Wish List 2.3 End

Now i'm not sure where or how to combine these two blocks of code, so if someone could show me what to put in, it would be greatly appreicated.

Cheers

Fatmcgav

it would be nice, if someone purchased an item from the wishlist, that it would be removed from the wishlist, after verification by an administrator . ..

and to be able to have up to 10 email address' which can be added for the 'tell a friend' about the wishlist . .

I am going to update this contribution and re-write some parts to make it better.? I would like to get a list together of what people would like to see in the new release.? I am planning on adding a new page to display users wishlist publicly, where you can give or email out your wishlist link.? Then from that link they can add items from your wishlist directly to their cart.? Anyway let me know what would be good and should be added.

-Dennis

Edited by Mibble

it would be nice, if someone purchased an item from the wishlist, that it would be removed from the wishlist, after verification by an administrator . ..

and to be able to have up to 10 email address' which can be added for the 'tell a friend' about the wishlist .  .

Yea sorry Mibble, I got your message about the 10 emails, thats nothing more than putting an array in and I will add that. What I will do is have it as an admin setting. You can pick how many emails you want displayed.

Can you elaborate more on your first comment.

-Dennis

Sorry been busy but I have been working on it when I can.

Edited by dblake

the wishlist is similar to a 'bridal registry', where people go into a store, and get the list of items the 'party' has added to their wishlist. then the persons purchasing the gift, upon paying for it, let the store know it is from the gift registry of 'person A'. when the order is processed, it also updates the wishlist, with the item removed from the public viewable wishlist (this can be done in admin) and that way they do not get duplicates.

I remember you asking about a gift registry before. I think a gift registry would be a completely different modification. There would be a lot more to it. If you want to talk more on a gift registry and can pm me.